Still two versions in the West and Europe

shadowofchaos

I don't understand, on the official website it states "during the game, the player must make a choice between Hoshido and Nohr".

If Nintendo is still gonna release the game in two versions then they would be lying and contradicting what they said on the website.

I don't understand, on the official website it states "during the game, the player must make a choice between Hoshido and Nohr".

If Nintendo is still gonna release the game in two versions then they would be lying and contradicting what they said on the website.

It's true for the digital download.

Hoshido sold out first on a couple of websites I use.

Great, that's helpful on top of the other info then. : )

Now whether or not Nohr ...I mean, Conquest will sell more in the west is up for speculation. I get the feeling people overall still may want Birthright more here too.

Edited by Kirokan

It might just be PR talk for "Kamui makes a choice in the game between Hoshido and Nohr. See? In the Conquest version, he always chooses Nohr. It's a choice!"

Edited by NekoKnight

Great, that's helpful on top of the other info then. : )

Now whether or not Nohr ...I mean, Conquest will sell more in the west is up for speculation. I get the feeling people overall still may want Birthright more here too.

I think people who buy Conquest will be more likely to also buy Birthright, whereas since Conquest is more chalenging it might be less likely for Birthright players to buy Conquest. So I kind of expect Hoshido/Birthright to sell more in every region worldwide.

I think people who buy Conquest will be more likely to also buy Birthright, whereas since Conquest is more chalenging it might be less likely for Birthright players to buy Conquest. So I kind of expect Hoshido/Birthright to sell more in every region worldwide.

Ah yes, this is also a very good point worth considering, since I too for instance am buying them both anyway...

This doesn't effect me since I'm buying both, but I do wonder how this will effect the casual walk-in gaming market here. Fire Emblem is not Pokemon popularity-wise, and the version differences here blow Pokemon's out of the water. How are they going to communicate to dumb consumers that they're two completely different games, and the choice you make isn't in-game?

I almost wonder if it wouldn't have been better to release the digital version but on a cart, with both routes there but you get locked out of one until you pay extra. But maybe that's a trickier consumer minefield.

This doesn't effect me since I'm buying both, but I do wonder how this will effect the casual walk-in gaming market here. Fire Emblem is not Pokemon popularity-wise, and the version differences here blow Pokemon's out of the water. How are they going to communicate to dumb consumers that they're two completely different games, and the choice you make isn't in-game?

I almost wonder if it wouldn't have been better to release the digital version but on a cart, with both routes there but you get locked out of one until you pay extra. But maybe that's a trickier consumer minefield.

Put on the back of the box "By buying this version you will be siding with Nohr/Hoshido"

It's not hard to get across. They buy one version and side with the people on the cover. During the game, you meet the characters on the other cover, but you can't join them. Any reasonable person would assume that the other version will have those characters for them. Also, don't underestimate word-of-mouth. Even a casual walk-in gamer would still probably have friends who are interested in similar games as them. Chances are, they may know someone who has the other version.

Not if someone buys the digital version, as in that (at least in Japan) the choice is postponed until you get up to the chapter in question.

I'm probably getting both. If there is a special cart for both, I'd probably get that. Digital could work.

But yeah, I was expecting this with the *slight* hope that they wouldn't. They could prove me wrong by the time 2016 is nearing.

Someone tell me, how does the two versions thing fit into the Samson/Arran choice of FE1? All I get is that we barely know anything about either aside for class and here the average consumer is just going to know the theme of each game.

Also, both games are over 3 GB right? So together, the cart would have to be an 8 gig cart, which is ridiculously expensive for a single handheld game.

Maybe the game as a whole was too ambitious to be on a handheld after all.

Someone tell me, how does the two versions thing fit into the Samson/Arran choice of FE1? All I get is that we barely know anything about either aside for class and here the average consumer is just going to know the theme of each game.

Also, both games are over 3 GB right? So together, the cart would have to be an 8 gig cart, which is ridiculously expensive for a single handheld game.

Not necessarily, fire emblem awakening which they said had the same length as each path was only 1 gb. Also I hope that buying a physical copy or digital copy will discount the other path like it does in Japan.

It's the Samson/Arran choice because once you pick one, you are locked out of the other. And I don't know that each one 3GB if you get both. It could be speculated that the first one you download has an incredibly large file size because you also download some of the assets (textures, character models, etc.) of the other, so the second one you download might have a smaller file size. If I'm dead wrong about this, please correct me.

Edited by Zvarri!