We have the answer to "is marriage in this game?"

Tackman

The screenshot with Shara is awfully small, so the quality is only marginally better than what we saw in yesterday's leaks, but here you go:

post-15598-0-07421400-1434738718.png

There was no further information on either of the children. There was a pretty extensive overview of all of the units that have been revealed so far, but Shara and Kanna weren't even listed. Dengeki's editors have apparently already played the full game, so I assume IS told them to keep all details on the second generation under wraps until the game's release.

Thanks! If it's not too much trouble, could you tell me (or post if it isn't too much trouble again, of course!) the page with Leon and Elise? I saw the one with Camilla and Marx on 2ch but I was curious as to what Leon's profile says. I'd really appreciate it if you wouldn't mind!

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The screenshot with Shara is awfully small, so the quality is only marginally better than what we saw in yesterday's leaks, but here you go:

There was no further information on either of the children. There was a pretty extensive overview of all of the units that have been revealed so far, but Shara and Kanna weren't even listed. Dengeki's editors have apparently already played the full game, so I assume IS told them to keep all details on the second generation under wraps until the game's release.

Wow, thanks a ton!

She is definitely similar to Tharja, but she doesn't seem as close as Luna/Severa, Lazwald/Inigo, and Owain/Odin.

The hair may be throwing me off though.

Thanks again!

EDIT:

Actually, they're pretty close.

post-5738-0-39430800-1434739411_thumb.png

Edited by Weebos

Thank you for this. If you wouldn't mind, could you also post Kanna? Her outfit has me curious but I can't make out the details in the leaks.

E: Saw in the information thread you have both technical and moral difficulties in posting pictures, so no worries if it's too much trouble. Everything will be available in less than a week after all. =D

Edited by egobarrier

She is definitely similar to Tharja, but she doesn't seem as close as the Luna/Severa, Lazwald/Inigo, and Owain/Odin.

Agreed. Similar, but not identical like with the awakening kids. Amusingly, still looks somewhat like Sakura, but it's mostly hairstyle and the tilted head pose.

Anyway, thanks for the pic Icy Toast. Shame that there's no more info, but I guess we'll know soon enough anyway.

Shara looks pretty clearly like Tharja to me. The hair color is a non-issue because it's supposed to be variable.

The kicker though is that she is described in the magazine to have a creepy personality, and Nintendo Dream even mentions that she resembles Tharja, so yeah.

If I didn't know better I'd say IS is personally going out of their way to add an expy for every goddamn awakening character I hated.

^If there are more it'll probably just be Gaius and Cordelia. So, if you hated them, then yes IS is going out of their to add expies for as many of the characters you hated as possible. Or they're just going with the popularity polls, who knows.

Edited by capmalachi

Now that you're talking about it, it's true that it's starting to become really annoying. There is just more and more expies. Bah. :/

Thanks! If it's not too much trouble, could you tell me (or post if it isn't too much trouble again, of course!) the page with Leon and Elise? I saw the one with Camilla and Marx on 2ch but I was curious as to what Leon's profile says. I'd really appreciate it if you wouldn't mind!

I'm sorry, but I'd prefer not to post any further pictures. It's a bit of a hassle to circumvent the print-screen protection on the digital issue, and well, that print-screen protection is probably there for a reason. ^^;
Anyway:
(I assume you can read Japanese since you found the other page on 2ch, but for those who can't I'm adding a rough translation)
His profile text reads:
クールなエリート王子
レオン
主人公の弟で、何でもそつなくこなせる天才肌。兄のマークすとは異なり、魔術を得意としている。初期兵種は「ダークナイト」で、魔法を使って戦う騎馬タイプのユニット
"The cool elite prince"
"Leon"
"The protagonist's younger brother, he is a genius who handles any situation flawlessly. Much unlike his older brother Marx, his specialty is magic. His initial class is "Dark Knight", a mounted class that uses magic in combat."
The text besides a screenshot underneath his profile that shows him speaking to Marx reads:
クールでそっけない性格をしているが、マークスや主人公など、兄妹のことは尊敬している。
"His personality is cold and brusque, but he has great respect for his brothers and sisters, including Marx and the protagonist."

Thank you for this. If you wouldn't mind, could you also post Kanna? Her outfit has me curious but I can't make out the details in the leaks.

Well, to be honest it's still hard to tell what kind of outfit it is exactly. All I can really say is that she wears a dark blue scarf-ish thing around her neck that largely obscures whatever is beneath it. I think her outfit is similar to Kamui's, with the dark blue cape wrapped around her neck as a scarf, but I'm really not sure. Perhaps she's a Dark Prince(ss) like Kamui?

Edited by Icy Toast

I'm sorry, but I'd prefer not to post any further pictures. It's a bit of a hassle to circumvent the print-screen protection on the digital issue, and well, that print-screen protection is probably there for a reason. ^^;
Anyway:
(I assume you can read Japanese since you found the other page on 2ch, but for those who can't I'm adding a rough translation)
His profile text reads:
クールなエリート王子
レオン
主人公の弟で、何でもそつなくこなせる天才肌。兄のマークすとは異なり、魔術を得意としている。初期兵種は「ダークナイト」で、魔法を使って戦う騎馬タイプのユニット
"The cool elite prince"
"Leon"
"The protagonist's younger brother, he is a genius who handles any situation flawlessly. Much unlike his older brother Marx, his specialty is magic. His initial class is "Dark Knight", a mounted class that uses magic in combat."
The text besides a screenshot underneath his profile that shows him speaking to Marx reads:
クールでそっけない性格をしているが、マークスや主人公など、兄妹のことは尊敬している。
"His personality is cold and brusque, but he has great respect for his brothers and sisters, including Marx and the protagonist."

Well, to be honest it's still hard to tell what kind of outfit it is exactly. All I can really say is that she wears a dark blue scarf-ish thing around her neck that largely obscures whatever is beneath it. I think her outfit is similar to Kamui's, with the dark blue cape wrapped around her neck as a scarf, but I'm really not sure. Perhaps she's a Dark Prince(ss) like Kamui?

Thank you very much! I really appreciate you posting his profile! And don't worry about not posting the pic, I really only wanted to know what it said about him so thank you very much again!

The leak made it look like she had a huge popped up collar like the dark knights in awakening, I assume that's just my eyes playing tricks on me then?

Shara looks pretty clearly like Tharja to me. The hair color is a non-issue because it's supposed to be variable.

Well, I'd say that's debatable, since most of the children in Awakening had the hair color of the parent they were always tied to in their artwork; in that case, Tsukuyomi's hair doesn't match Tharja's. Plus you've got to wonder how she'd become like that, unless Tsukuyomi abandons her or something of that nature.

... but yeah, I agree it's likely Tharja. Even her japanese name(Sallia) is quite close.

Edit: Also, I won't rant, there's no point. But this is clearly getting on my nerves as well.

Edited by Cysx

Dear IS,

...What's the point?

Really, what's the point, IntSys?

You just inflate the unit roster with blatant clones of the popular characters from Awakening to cheap out/make it look larger than it really is.

And please, if you're so intent on doing that, then why do veterans have to simply be satisfied that they're getting a game that resembles an SRPG? If there were a few expies from throughout the series, then okay. But now that we have half a dozen Awakening clones sitting around, it's crossed the line.

I just don't get it.

Sure, you miiiight get slightly increased sales out of it. But really, why do you keep the marriage mechanic around? And why in Naga's name is the 2nd generation even a thing in this game? If they're of any sort of importance to the plot, then your serious story gets hijacked and everything goes downhill. And if they're just a side feature, then it's just blatant pandering to try and get back every single person who bought Awakening.

Notice how I only name-dropped Awakening? I'm seriously starting think you have forgotten any other game in the series exists (except your cash cow Akaenia games, of course).

Fire Emblem has changed.

The core idea is reportedly, and I quote from the Famitsu interview, "making an anime you can live in."

...But then again, you're still balancing and expanding upon the broken mechanics you introduced in Awakening.

Dear IS,

Could you make up your mind? Do you want to make an SRPG, or do you want to make an interactive anime and go in a completely different direction?

You're trying to appeal to both casual and long-time fans, but both sides are somewhat hindered by you trying to appeal to the other. Why even bother? Surely if money is only what you cared about, then you'd just say "screw you" to the veterans because obviously your series didn't sell well enough with their support.

Dear IS,

You're confusing me.

Dear IS,

...What's the point?

Really, what's the point, IntSys?

You just inflate the unit roster with blatant clones of the popular characters from Awakening to cheap out/make it look larger than it really is.

And please, if you're so intent on doing that, then why do veterans have to simply be satisfied that they're getting a game that resembles an SRPG? If there were a few expies from throughout the series, then okay. But now that we have half a dozen Awakening clones sitting around, it's crossed the line.

I just don't get it.

Sure, you miiiight get slightly increased sales out of it. But really, why do you keep the marriage mechanic around? And why in Naga's name is the 2nd generation even a thing in this game? If they're of any sort of importance to the plot, then your serious story gets hijacked and everything goes downhill. And if they're just a side feature, then it's just blatant pandering to try and get back every single person who bought Awakening.

Notice how I only name-dropped Awakening? I'm seriously starting think you have forgotten any other game in the series exists (except your cash cow Akaenia games, of course).

Fire Emblem has changed.

The core idea is reportedly, and I quote from the Famitsu interview, "making an anime you can live in."

...But then again, you're still balancing and expanding upon the broken mechanics you introduced in Awakening.

Dear IS,

Could you make up your mind? Do you want to make an SRPG, or do you want to make an interactive anime and go in a completely different direction?

You're trying to appeal to both casual and long-time fans, but both sides are somewhat hindered by you trying to appeal to the other. Why even bother? Surely if money is only what you cared about, then you'd just say "screw you" to the veterans because obviously your series didn't sell well enough with their support.

Dear IS,

You're confusing me.

Wow, seriously? Which interview was it? That's probably why they said that the MU was a staple of the series, lol.

Hmm, the more I look at her, the more she looks like Tharja. Honestly Tharja wasn't a character I particularly liked, although she was a useful unit, but if this means I get to have not!Cordelia I'm more than okay with it.

So that crazy "collar" is a scarf/wrapped cape/ascot/whatever? Didn't expect that. Now I'm definitely curious to see her more clearly. Oh well, just 5 days. Thank you for the description at least.

Am I the only one that thinks she doesn't particularly look like Tharja besides the bangs?

Am I the only one that thinks she doesn't particularly look like Tharja besides the bangs?

They have similar faces, bangs and both exude creepiness, but otherwise I think she has plenty of differences. Long hair in the front and back, completely different hair ornament, less spiky hair, doesn't appear to have that darkness around her eyes Tharja has and a different outfit from what we can see....so some similarities but not as much as the previous 3 Awakening look-a-likes.

Edited by BlueL

So, are children confirmed now? We weren't sure yesterday and I don't feel like reading 20 pages. :/

I hope it's fake, I don't want the grindfest to be back...

Yeah, Icy Toast (I think it was them) mentioned having the digital version of one of the mags, and children are confirmed. The leaked scans weren't fake. Apparently there are still basically no details about how the hell grown children are going to work though.

Overall Shara looks really similar to tharja,but still a bit different.
i think we might get children who are similar to gaius and cordelia as well,but I hope they will have at least some differences.

Though I still hope that there is an explanation for the 3 children characters on the nohr side,as they look really identical to their awakening counterparts.

Well, I'd say that's debatable, since most of the children in Awakening had the hair color of the parent they were always tied to in their artwork; in that case, Tsukuyomi's hair doesn't match Tharja's. Plus you've got to wonder how she'd become like that, unless Tsukuyomi abandons her or something of that nature.

... but yeah, I agree it's likely Tharja. Even her japanese name(Sallia) is quite close.

Edit: Also, I won't rant, there's no point. But this is clearly getting on my nerves as well.

I think it was confirmed that the child is this time around dependent on the father,while the hair colour depends on the mother.

Shara has purple hair,because Orochi has purple hair;)

Plus you've got to wonder how she'd become like that, unless Tsukuyomi abandons her or something of that nature.

According to my one-day-old Tsukuyomi x Orochi headcanon, it makes perfect sense that their kid would be a little messed up in the head if she grew up knowing that her mother was banging all of the army's captured inmates.

Although it will not be an option (at least in the original two versions), working under the popular speculation/wishful thinking that it would feel fitting if Subaki's child would be not!Cordelia, it would have been neat if he could be paired with Luna if that speculation had turned out to be true (it probably won't, that said).

Then we could have not!Severa as the mother of not!Cordelia this time and both of them would be redheads.