We have the answer to "is marriage in this game?"

Tackman

I disagree on stats, since even units who have the same class have different growth rates. Which makes me think stats are partially an indicator of raw talent. For example, I think if you simulated an FE6 playthough 100 times, Wade would finish would cap out his STR far more often than Lott (both are Fighters btw) because Wade has a much better strength growth. This says to me Wade's naturally stronger.

So if we had homosexual parents adopting kids, it wouldn't make much sense for their adopted kids to get their parents modifiers.

Yah, stats are partially an indication of raw talent, but just say that the adopted kids happened to have similar raw talent to their parents. Yah, it's a bit of coincidence, but it's not a big deal.

EDIT: Or, you know, if they do my "create mutant life through dragon god power" idea they don't need to make it adopted kids. (Note, I don't seriously think they'll do this.)

Edited by Mad_Scientist

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marriage seems like a nice thing to access again, but I'm not too sure about the children and how they'd fit in. Time travel would be lazy but I'm not going to let minor petty dislikes ruin the game for me. I'll just have to wait until I play it myself to find out.

Besides, too much salt is bad for your health.

Marriage seems like a nice thing to access again, but I'm not too sure about the children and how they'd fit in. Time travel would be lazy but I'm not going to let minor petty dislikes ruin the game for me. I'll just have to wait until I play it myself to find out.

Besides, too much salt is bad for your health.

Needs more pepper.

Too late. The fanbase is split between Awakening fanboys and veterans. Everyone is already intoxicated.

this is wrong. the fanbase has plenty of veterans that liked awakening. same with people who started with awakening and the played and preferred the older games. don't say stuff like this pls.

"Here at IS, we don't always implement a feature from a game that single-handedly saved this series from extinction, but when we do, the fandom implodes and everyone throws a bitch fit."

Edited by JothTheConqueror

The only thing that bugs me about this is not-Tharja as a child character. That kind of shoots down my hopes that there will be an in-world explanation for Luna and co.

You can explain Luna's presence with a number of theories, but kid-Tharja doesn't make a shred of sense. Looks like I'll have to learn to stop worrying and love the expy bomb.

The only thing that bugs me about this is not-Tharja as a child character. That kind of shoots down my hopes that there will be an in-world explanation for Luna and co.

You can explain Luna's presence with a number of theories, but kid-Tharja doesn't make a shred of sense. Looks like I'll have to learn to stop worrying and love the expy bomb.

That is definitely odd, though the idea of expies of the popular child characters showing up as 1st gen characters on the Nohr route while expies of the popular 1st gen characters show up as child characters on the Hoshido route is kind of a twisted brilliance that I have to somewhat admire, even as I sigh.

this is wrong. the fanbase has plenty of veterans that liked awakening. same with people who started with awakening and the played and preferred the older games. don't say stuff like this pls.

Interesting, considering when I first introduce FE7 to my friends who only started with Awakening I actually had to defend the game a little from them. So far veterans I see are the only one pretty much liking from any FE game to Awakening. Newer fans can be quite a elitist at a time too, for Awakening of course. Though the only thing I agreed with them is that it is stupid that we can't paired Mark and Lyn together.

I really just hope children aren't done in the same vein as Awakening. Their inclusion in awakening made it so that after chapter 13, you would stop getting any units besides Say'ri, Basillio and Flavia. You had to go out of your way and beat all the separate paralouges if you wanted the new units and that really irked me. Of course the thought of marrying a couple and getting a child soldier out of nowhere would be really uncanny story wise.

Also I hope to god this doesn't mean Gunther will die out in the early chapters because he's too old to marry anyone else. It would really piss me off.

Edited by Jokoister

If they did adoption than they couldn't have those children inherit skills, looks or stats though.

You're right about the fact that having adoptive children inherit the appearance of their adoptive parents doesn't make sense for real world science. Do you know what else doesn't make sense to real world science? Time travelling kids from the future. (Not to mention series staples like: Pegasi and wyverns, Magic users, someone taking an axe to the face and being perfectly OK to keep fighting as long as their HP didn't hit zero, I could go on and on).

As for stats and skills (especially skills), it actually makes less sense for them to just innately know that stuff pr be good with those stats because their biological parents learned it than for them to have learned it from their parents, adoptive or biological.

This might be a long shot, but...

What if the "depending on the combination of the married characters, the two will give birth to a child" is referring to same-sex couples not being able to have children?

If what this says explicitly is true, then some couples, after marrying, won't have a child/children? That could also mean that some characters would be like Anna, Gangrel, etc. from Awakening, not having any specific child (ex. Say'ri marries Lon'qu, and they have no children).

This might be a long shot, but...

What if the "depending on the combination of the married characters, the two will give birth to a child" is referring to same-sex couples not being able to have children?

If what this says explicitly is true, then some couples, after marrying, won't have a child/children? That could also mean that some characters would be like Anna, Gangrel, etc. from Awakening, not having any specific child (ex. Say'ri marries Lon'qu, and they have no children).

Or children marrying among themselves giving no grand children like in Awakening.

Also I hope to god this doesn't mean Gunther will die out in the early chapters because he's too old to marry anyone else. It would really piss me off.

If I can't marry Gunter this might just be the worst Fire Emblem game ever!

Interesting, considering when I first introduce FE7 to my friends who only started with Awakening I actually had to defend the game a little from them. So far veterans I see are the only one pretty much liking from any FE game to Awakening. Newer fans can be quite a elitist at a time too, for Awakening of course. Though the only thing I agreed with them is that it is stupid that we can't paired Mark and Lyn together.

While Awakening is my favorite because I'm so attached to the characters I think Rekka and PoR have more interesting gameplay. Though I do suck at Rekka and I haven't actually played PoR.

If Kids are gained through Lilith magic/My Castle magic and are unimportant to main plot that would be okay, but please no "We came from the Future(Alt Reality) to change the future, but we actually don't do anything of importance." I love the Awakening Kids but I would rather not have kids in If, but whatever.

And since Tharja is my least favorite character from all the games I've played Shara is getting Benched the minute I recruit her if I even end up doing that.

Edited by BeartholdtFubar

I wanted S supports to be in to mark paired endings for other characters and marriage for Kamui but children is too much. My only hope now is that the second gen characters will not be focused on heavily in the story. I want an interesting story about the two warring factions, not more outrealms shenanigans.

Don't keep us in suspense, what happens next?

Procreation! Your real little sister! Procreation with your real little sister!

sorrynotsorry

sorrynotsorry

Japan already has the ballz to animated a ero game where a boy bang his real sister and bring it live to the television (the blu-ray sold very well too). If it Japan, it won't be weird to see something like that.

Japan already has the ballz to animated a ero game where a boy bang his real sister and bring it live to the television (the blu-ray sold very well too). If it Japan, it won't be weird to see something like that.

Not just his sister, his TWIN sister. (Unless you're thinking of a different series than I am.) Of course, there's a huge difference between late night anime and a now flagship Nintendo series like Fire Emblem. I doubt we'll see intentional incest in this game. (The advent of child characters could potentially bring back unintentional incest like the aunt/nephew or uncle/niece relationships that could occur in Awakening.)

sorrynotsorry

Yes! Yes! We need this kind of innovation! W-

I can't even keep this joke up. No doubt some of this procreation will happen.

With Elise. It's not weird if she's not related.

Yes! Yes! We need this kind of innovation! W-

I can't even keep this joke up. No doubt some of this procreation will happen.

With Elise. It's not weird if she's not related.

I feel obligated for my Fe!Kamui with superior dragon blood to procreate with the most alpha-male, beautiful male.

Marx, you must let me have your babies. For the good of mankind.

**my new pickup line

Not just his sister, his TWIN sister. (Unless you're thinking of a different series than I am.) Of course, there's a huge difference between late night anime and a now flagship Nintendo series like Fire Emblem. I doubt we'll see intentional incest in this game. (The advent of child characters could potentially bring back unintentional incest like the aunt/nephew or uncle/niece relationships that could occur in Awakening.)

Yes, it that series I'm talking. It certainly gave me quite a shock consider I was still a teenage at that time when one of my friend intro me to that anime.

sorrynotsorry

Is this a meme now? I love it. You could even say I find it SEXUALLY GRATIFYING.

I wouldn't count on sibling marriage let alone procreation. At least, I hope.