We have the answer to "is marriage in this game?"

Tackman

You're fine with timeskips of 15 years minimum being forced into every game, but not some potentially irrelevant-to-the-main-story time zapping.

Y'all need to get your priorities in order.

Not quite. I would rather not have children in every iteration, and thus, 15 year timeskips. But if we're getting children, I would rather not have a lot of time travel. Plot kinda falls apart with time travel unless you are very careful.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if the children are phantom apparitions that appear somehow since two got married. They will eventually be born but are just a physical representation of what if these two got married.

Meaning the moment they get divorced the child just poofs and disappears or something.

I dunno just alternatives to time travel. That sort of is time travel, but without the time traveling. I guess it is like data time travel. xD

Kanna's dialogue:

これがあれば・・・あたしもお父さんと一緒に外の世界で闘えるかな?

I can do this...? I can fight together with father in the outside* world?

*The difficult part is that 外 means both "outside" but can also be read for "other" world. It is usually for "outside" though (same character in gaijin, for foreigner)

If it is outside world, maybe children are kept in My Castle for awhile until they reach a certain level? xD

Maybe people age slower in this world?

Orrr...there's time travel. xD Sigh.

Edited by Kirokan

My Japanese is pretty shit but from what I can tell from this page, they are officially acknowledging not!Severa, not!Inigo and not!Owain resembling their Awakening counterparts in both appearance and personality, as is reflected in their skill and lines. They also mention something about support conversation with them so maybe there are even more nods to Awakening there.

Maybe people age slower in this world?

If people age slower in this world, then Garon must be approximately 500 years old haha

My Japanese is pretty shit but from what I can tell from this page, they are officially acknowledging not!Severa, not!Inigo and not!Owain resembling their Awakening counterparts in both appearance and personality, as is reflected in their skill and lines. They also mention something about support conversation with them so maybe there are even more nods to Awakening there.

It also officially acknowledges not!Tharja as resembling Tharja. Looks like we might be getting a not!Gaius, not!Cordelia, and possibly not!Chrom after all.

Edited by Bovinian

If people age slower in this world, then Garon must be approximately 500 years old haha

You never know with those nasty evil dragon blooded conquerors! xD

This also brings the question of whether or not you can marry your (non) blood related siblings.

Assuming that sibling incest is restricted out, I kind of feel sorry for those who had set their sights on Hinoka or Sakura as their "waifus" of choice…. unless of course there's some awkward plot twist in which it reveals "Surprise! You weren't really related after all!"

I wonder if the Avatar will be able to marry among the various subordinates….

It also officially acknowledges not!Tharja as resembling Tharja. Looks like we might be getting a not!Gaius, not!Cordelia, and possibly not!Chrom after all.

My waifu of Awakening might become my daughteru of Fates... who will kill my not!Severa daughteru in Nohr.... this will get confusing.

Assuming that sibling incest is restricted out, I kind of feel sorry for those who had set their sights on Hinoka or Sakura as their "waifus" of choice…. unless of course there's some awkward plot twist in which it reveals "Surprise! You weren't really related after all!"

I wonder if the Avatar will be able to marry among the various subordinates….

I don't know, I feel like if they wanted your siblings to be completely off-limits for children and marriage, they wouldn't have included them in Fire Emblem Amie. Skinship in your room! Your real little sister! Skinship with your real little sister!

Edited by NekoKnight

You know when I think about it, the ''star dragon'' (I forgot her name) could be responsible for this. She could... I don't know... let the future childrens come to the past to help their parents (I really hope this is not time travel again because that would be really cheap but I cannot explain why the childrens would be able to help their parents in the past except in case of time travelling :/).

Edited by Nym

Nice to know marriage is back, and yeah, but not so gung ho about the children. Though I was hoping S Support conversations will be beyond the "whoop here's a wedding ring let's do it" sort of thing. Well, at least children were sorta optional back in Awakening (and it's not like they forced you to get the kids, they only did that with Lucina, which was plot relevant), so I guess it'll be the same here. I'll just ignore those extra chapters/content if I want to and do whatever I want. So, it's a nice option, but I won't be up for it this time.

As a minor side note, I'm not too fond of the kids' designs... well at least Kamui/Felicia's kid (god I'm an awful person for just disliking anything Felicia-related as of late) because what is up with the hair bun? For a moment I thought it was a hair bun styled as a bow tie but thank goodness it wasn't that, but still... ah well, whatever.

I don't know, I feel like if they wanted your siblings to be completely off-limits for children and marriage, they wouldn't have included them in Fire Emblem Amie. Skinship in your room! Your real little sister! Skinship with your real little sister!

Why wouldn't you be with you sister... all alone.. just the two of you... in your room... where no one can see.. touching them.

Yeeaah, never mind.

It's an interesting mechanic but I don't see the sense of how people who have reservations want it to be tied into the main game story or a good story excuse. If anything it should be separate more of a bonus part of My Castle rather than an actual part of the game's story because that forces the game to be about them(FE4) when Fire Emblem Fates is about Corrin and the impacts of him or her siding with Hoshido or Nohr.

The only excuse they need is that they're customizable units and incentives to expriment pairing units together and adding replayability. nothing mandatory or story-impacting.

Edited by arvilino

I really hope this leak is fake. Or that children are optional. I really want to be able to be gay, having to play as a girl just so I can get with the gender I want is just... Unfortunate. It'd be even more disappointing considering Nintendo promised to aim to be more inclusive after the Tomodachi Life fiasco.

Time to get Rinka preggers ;)

I will crush you and everything you love if you dare lay a finger on my precious Rinkah. I'll break your bones one by one, and then I will skin you alive. Rinkah is mine, and mine alone.

That's what I thought too. Wonder how she would react.

Why wouldn't you be with you sister... all alone.. just the two of you... in your room... where no one can see.. touching them.

Yeeaah, never mind.

I don't think Camilla would mind. :p

In fact, that would be the safe thing to do, less risk of her going yandere~~

I need to see better screenshots before I can comment on the kids themselves, but Kanna seems to look more like a child of Felicia than Kamui. Is it possible she's actually tied to Felicia and not Kamui? I know the leak said she was Kamui's daughter, but I don't know if it meant she's always his, or just his because he married Felicia. I know she has the ears but it seems like it wouldn't be too hard to give each kid another set of sprites with different ears for if they're the main character's kid.

Don't mind the idea of marriage that much (though I hope the C, B, and A supports have more lead-up to the proposal in the S-rank than in Awakening, though I understand that would be difficult if they keep the support system from Awakening where you can continue to get up to A-rank with other people after you're married. Honestly, my perfect support system would be Awakening's but in the S-support they just confess romantic affection and start dating, with marriage being mentioned in the paired ending). As for children, I wouldn't mind them either if it wasn't for the time travel mechanic, and if they had some homosexual options for marriage (in which case, the children would obviously be adopted). My cousin is going to be PISSED at Nintendo for neglecting this for the second time (third, technically, since she also didn't like having her only marriage options being guys in Tomodachi Life).

So, to sum all that up, the main things I don't like are the time travel and the fact that it seems to be straight-only.