SF SSB4 Ranking Experiment - List for Patch 1.14

Shin

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, we have a few results now. I'll probably crank out a list sometime around new year's. It's interesting to see how people have shuffled since the last patch.

We have a list for 1.13. Thank you to everyone who contributed! Tier boundaries were decided where there was a significant score difference between adjacent characters.

00dbefabafbbf1c8e93549039013397c.png

The old DLC peeps who aren't Ryu have dropped a little bit as well as a few other peeps. Zelda still firmly holds her place at the bottom (and top?). Only one person didn't give her an F.

Some very drastic shifts there. Also wow Cloud got alot of positive votes, quite a bit more than expected,

Apart from me thinking Link should be where Tink is and Tink should be where Peach is, I for the most part agree with the general placements.

Edited by Jedi

Only one person didn't give her an F.

you mean four people, although I'm pretty sure at least one of them was making a "political statement" if you will

pretty solid list, I don't really disagree with too much (dong should be higher, lucina shouldn't be two tiers from marth, etc)

Wow we actually got Dark Pit and Pit right next to each other!

That never happens in these community lists.

Only complaint I have is that Lucina needs to be higher as does Mewtwo.

Also what happened to Duck Hunt? People were calling him high tier for his zoning at release and then he disappeared from the public for a long time, so I'm surprised to see him fall so close to the bottom.

Only one person didn't give her an F.

you mean four people, although I'm pretty sure at least one of them was making a "political statement" if you will

It is I. I'm the one person who didn't give Zelda an F.

Because I believe there's no such thing as a character who is objectively terrible in this game.

Wow we actually got Dark Pit and Pit right next to each other!

That never happens in these community lists.

Only complaint I have is that Lucina needs to be higher as does Mewtwo.

Also what happened to Duck Hunt? People were calling him high tier for his zoning at release and then he disappeared from the public for a long time, so I'm surprised to see him fall so close to the bottom.

not being able to kill until 180 does that to you

alternatively never being played does that to you, which is more likely with these votes

My only problems with the list:
Diddy, Luigi and Ike are too high

Villager, Doc, Megaman nobias, Pac and Peach are too low

But I generally agree with every placement, though I'd only have 2-3 in S tier since Shiek, ZSS and arguably Rosa stand above the rest of the cast that much.

Edited by Batter the Beast

We have a list for 1.13. Thank you to everyone who contributed! Tier boundaries were decided where there was a significant score difference between adjacent characters.

00dbefabafbbf1c8e93549039013397c.png

The old DLC peeps who aren't Ryu have dropped a little bit as well as a few other peeps. Zelda still firmly holds her place at the bottom (and top?). Only one person didn't give her an F.

This list is much less cringe worthy than the last one. Good job Serenes Forest.

NO i didn't return in time to vote dedede to s tier

Cloud, Roy and Kirby are all too high in my opinion, but it actually looks pretty good. I want to say Megaman could be higher too, I honestly don't really know what's all that bad about the character.

That being said I've only played 1.1.3 for a couple hours so maybe Kirby's buffs make him not suck somehow or something.

Edited by General Horace

Cloud's placement is the only one that feels noticeably off to me. I feel like he'll ultimately be considered average at best.

Then again, I didn't even vote this time, so...

Most of the DLC characters started pretty high when they came out and dropped a fair bit after that. I think Ryu's the only one who hasn't dropped a tier or two.

That being said I've only played 1.1.3 for a couple hours so maybe Kirby's buffs make him not suck somehow or something.

But Kirby's whole premise is that he sucks!

Ryu has risen a lot actually. On released he was often considered ~low B tier.

I feel like Cloud's eventual placement will depend in large part on exactly how good Cloud players get at charging and abusing the Limit gauge. It's such a huge game-changer (not only in what you can do with it, but also how it forces your opponent to play when it's active) and I don't think there's any reason to think we've scratched the surface.

Ooh, Ike is higher than all the other FE peeps! Next we'll see if he can also beat Corrin. Ike's up to the challenge!

Also nice to see Mii Swordfighter NOT dirt bottom or even in bottom tier for once.

I'm sad to see Luigi drop below Mario though. He was higher before. :(

Cloud's placement is the only one that feels noticeably off to me. I feel like he'll ultimately be considered average at best.

Then again, I didn't even vote this time, so...

I agree, honestly.

I can't think of anything he does well aside from having relatively good kill power and nice follow-ups once he actually starts a combo, something Cloud seems to have trouble doing from his awful grab follow-ups and all of his good approaches being beaten out by shield. He's certainly not better than Ike, but voting already ended and I should have payed attention to this thread more. >:

I agree, honestly.

I can't think of anything he does well aside from having relatively good kill power and nice follow-ups once he actually starts a combo, something Cloud seems to have trouble doing from his awful grab follow-ups and all of his good approaches being beaten out by shield. He's certainly not better than Ike, but voting already ended and I should have payed attention to this thread more. >:

Cloud has good frame data, good mobility (Some of the best in the game he can even dash dance), he makes people approach him (Via his Limit existing so he doesn't worry about shields as much in the first place). He has some good juggling capabilities, limit utterly destroys people on an error, or just pressures by nearly breaking shields, he has good OOS options, limit makes him fall faster allowing him to do even more juggles from short hops like uair.

He's most certainly not beat out by shield considering if he grabs you, you're going up into the air put into a situation where he can flail you around or just charge limit while you're in shield and when you open yourself up, use his great dash attack or other options to punish your approach.

I'd say he and Ike are around the same area personally, Ike being a little more reliable.

Edited by Jedi

• 1 month later...

Oh hey, it seems I chose a good time to visit SF again.

So, yeah. Assuming 1111 for the Mii Characters, there are only two characters in the current game that are deserving of each of the S and F rankings. Incidentally, there are also only two characters that I felt belonged in D, and my selection for A totaled six.

That basically sums up the current Smash roster in a nutshell. There were some characters I rated C that may have actually been B, but no matter how you slice it, the vast majority of the roster is in that middle area.