Status Problems

Shinehollow

Would you like to see status problems back?I,for one,would love to see them back.Or,at least have bleed.I don't care what you're wielding,it should have a chance to cause bleeding.I mean,you do slash and hack at people.There should also be a skill that improves the rate for bleed.

If you're hit with a sword, you're bleeding. The game already accounts for that; there's no reason to add anything extra.

Deliberately inflicted statuses via skills or magic are cool, though, and in fact it sounds like they're back.

They're annoying when the enemies use them against you and I never used them myself (not even restore), so I really don't care about them. If it makes y'all happy, then by all means.

Bleed sounds dumb. You're gettin' stabbed and slashed with weapons all the time, I dunno why it should be a status ailment.

I don't care for status effects - they generally are more impactful when used AGAINST you than when you use them yourself, and more often than not, slow things down when you see them.

well, most of the times, players don't even get to use the status problem inducing items until late game, when most of the annoying status problems inducing enemies are abundant (as in too many to hit with status) or has too much mag/res stats to avoid status or both. Not to mention the status problem inducing items that can be obtained are always limited use :( and not easily obtainable.

Unless you enjoy the challenge of having an extra handicap, status problems are mostly never helpful

To be sure, magical status has been implemented very poorly in the series so far, but that doesn't mean it can't be used well. The Freeze staff sounds plenty effective for the player while still being limited enough in scope to be available enough that there's no reason for the player to hold back, while also not being too obnoxious for an enemy to use.

To be sure, magical status has been implemented very poorly in the series so far, but that doesn't mean it can't be used well. The Freeze staff sounds plenty effective for the player while still being limited enough in scope to be available enough that there's no reason for the player to hold back, while also not being too obnoxious for an enemy to use.

Poison is even more of an unceremonious afterthought, since it just doesn't do enough to be little more than an inconvenience.

i know poison has wreaked havoc on many a flying unit and primary healer, so it would be fun to add that in again. it certainly made me think sometimes.

personally, i wouldn't be too keen on a berserk coming back, mainly because staves still break and so i would never use it because it's a berserk staff. they're pretty powerful when used right, you're probably only getting one.

i wouldn't mind sleep coming back, though.

I'd love to see them back. They added an interesting dynamic in positioning your Restore Staff users (not to mention justifying staff use late in the game when healing is less and less necessary), and also provided a much-needed importance for the Res stat since its effect on status hit rate was so pronounced. (You could always make Res important by having mages make up more than like 15-20% of enemies but FE is bad at this.)

And while the PC side use of them was limited, there were definitely some times they paid off. I've definitely put annoying enemy thieves to sleep, and done terrible things like

(FE7)

make Lloyd and Linus kill each other.

Maybe I just haven't played the older games enough (I only did one playthrough of FE7 and in the middle of SS), but I didn't find statuses useful for the player, only for the enemy. I admit, they did add some strategy, but it was just another situation of "oh better stay out of range of that guy until I can move a unit that can ORKO him", which happens plenty of times with other units. However, considering it seems almost confirmed they're back with a freeze stave, I just want them useful for the player. I still probably won't use it because of my paranoia of wasting it though.

i know poison has wreaked havoc on many a flying unit and primary healer, so it would be fun to add that in again. it certainly made me think sometimes.

personally, i wouldn't be too keen on a berserk coming back, mainly because staves still break and so i would never use it because it's a berserk staff. they're pretty powerful when used right, you're probably only getting one.

i wouldn't mind sleep coming back, though.

I personally have trouble buying that - poison can't really threaten a unit unless said unit was close to death to begin with, and second, most poison-causing weapons are inaccurate (it doesn't help poison's case that by the time you actually start seeing such weapons, it's mid-to-late-game).