Class videos translated

Back on topic, it seems that the Yatogami (I refuse to call it just Yato) has a different glow depending on his promoted class. Do you think it's due an enchantment of the sword through the story or a reflection of the class? What would be the sword color and Avatar class in the third route?

My guess would be gold, since that's the color of Yatogami before route promotion. Either that, or there isn't a new promotion on the third path, and you just choose one of the other two.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back on topic, it seems that the Yatogami (I refuse to call it just Yato) has a different glow depending on his promoted class. Do you think it's due an enchantment of the sword through the story or a reflection of the class? What would be the sword color and Avatar class in the third route?

I think the Yato will have a complete name when Corrin promotes. As you said, we saw the sword glow a different color when he was in his respective Nohr and Hoshido promoted classes. So, for example, the Yato could be called "Yato-Gami" for Hoshido and something like "Yato-Zami" for Nohr. It obviously won't use those names, but I think it will get a complete name upon Corrin's promotion.

I have no idea what Corrin's promotion will be in the third route.

Edited by Leif

Why would there be a male valkyrie? Valkyrie were women in Norse mythology!

So? Just because in mythology Valkyries were women doesn't mean that there can't be a male one in FE. Look at the pegasus knight, which has always been a female-exclusive class in past games, but in Greek myth, men rode pegasus (or pegasi?) instead. And troubadours were historically mostly men, but it's always been a female-exclusive class.

Even then, I don't think strategist will be renamed to valkyrie, just to differentiate it from that class because of strategist's non-gender locked status. After all, pegasus knight is now pegasus warrior in this game, and NoA changed thief to outlaw most likely to differentiate the classes.

So? Just because in mythology Valkyries were women doesn't mean that there can't be a male one in FE. Look at the pegasus knight, which has always been a female-exclusive class in past games, but in Greek myth, men rode pegasus (or pegasi?) instead. And troubadours were historically mostly men, but it's always been a female-exclusive class.

Even then, I don't think strategist will be renamed to valkyrie, just to differentiate it from that class because of strategist's non-gender locked status. After all, pegasus knight is now pegasus warrior in this game, and NoA changed thief to outlaw most likely to differentiate the classes.

They renamed the Valkyrie class in Japanese for a reason, I would imagine.

This is great. I love the personality they gave to the character motions, especially critical hit and victory poses.

Nohr is the most vanilla to me, probably because it's full of returning classes. I don't dislike any of them, but no particular standouts either. Except that critical hit animation for Sorcerer. Not-Owain looks so boss floating there. Like that would sell me on the entire version if I wasn't committing to both.

Hoshido is divisive, it has a lot I really really love (like the Pheonix rider, Puppeteer, Blacksmith, and Mountain Preist) but also a lot I really don't like at all (Truebowman's bow just looks too silly for me, Weaponmaster is VERY plain for a promoted class, and despite culture I don't like the flag on the Truelance). Don't care for the poses some of them strike either, especially when it looks like they are doing squats (but again, sometimes it works like the kick in the Trueblade's attack or Mountain Preists little war dance).

I don't know, Hoshido is just dividing me. Like, I'm glad they took all these big design risks and went full boar on the Feudal-Japan look for all it's worth, and I loved it so much when it works. But when it fails it just fails hard for me.

Edited by Stage7_4