Am I the only one thinking that the siblings will be returning as recruitable characters in spotpass chapters?

I mean considering that in awakening Gangrel, Walhart, Emmeryn, and Aversa were dead in the main story but returned as spotpass recruitable characters, for some reason I think the siblings of Hoshido/Nohr that you would kill in the main story will return as spotpass recruitable characters in spotpass chapters.

If they do return, i hope it's just like the antagonists in FE8, a post-game extra. At least let them stay dead until the time it doesn't matter anymore if anyone is dead or alive.

Edited by Lawful Angry

I have to agree like gangrel in awakening seriously... why would anyone want to recruit the one that cause you SO MUCH problems to your group (at least the others had reasons).

So that if you hated Chrom, you could marry Gangrel and pretend Robin would sometimes walk to Gangrels tent in Emerryns outfit, and tell Chrom it was for 'personal roleplay reasons'

Edited by Eveangaline

Eeeeeh, I mean, I kinda hope not. One of the trailers shows in-game, Kamui killing Ryouma, right? I mean, if it brought them back and tried in integrate it in the story... I'd be disappointed. I hated that about Awakening - enemy deaths were pointless...

Besides, there's still the "no path" DLC. Unless you have to kill both in that.

I would be okay if these spotpass chapters unlock after we beat the game, as extra contents, so in-story and canonically, they're still dead. It can also unlock a New Game+ like in FE10 where we can recruit them in the second playthrough (albeit with more complex recruitment conditions than usual). How they handled it in Awakening made it unclear whether the characters were actually dead or not. Not only did it affect the story by making their deaths meaningless, but it also made the good guys look incompetent.

I hope not. That would make their deaths less meaningful.

I 100% agree with this. What FE:A did kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. After everything Chrom and Lissa went through Gangrel and Emmeryn just pop up at the end like "sup guys?" It also leaves a bunch of weird things that don't make sense.

I 100% agree with this. What FE:A did kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. After everything Chrom and Lissa went through Gangrel and Emmeryn just pop up at the end like "sup guys?" It also leaves a bunch of weird things that don't make sense.

Not only this, but they were pretty much literally only brought back for Avatar marriages. The Avatar is literally the only person they could support with. So dumb.

Not only this, but they were pretty much literally only brought back for Avatar marriages. The Avatar is literally the only person they could support with. So dumb.

Yeah it always baffled the hell out of me as to why Emmeryn can't support with Chrom and Lissa and why Yen'fay can't support with Say'ri.

I dont see the point in having two versions if you basically have little to no exclusivity.

You get the second path with a discounted price so I seriously doubt the other royals will be available to you.

Edited by Devalon

At least Emmeryn had some serious consequences in the form of brain damage and permanent amnesia. Doesn't stop you from marrying her but...okay it's still stupid and I hope we don't have to deal with this again.

I'd be fine without the spotpass characters. They were a nice bonus in awakening but I'd rather see better focus on the characters you use in the main plot. I mean, Spotpass will probably be there and maybe that's why the Queen Hoshido and King Garon will be 'playable' but I'd prefer not.