Nextgen paradox?

How can simply a marriage/love proposal without consummating the marriage result in nextgen characters emerging from alt dimensions?

Doesn't this violate cause and effect theory?

Do you think there will be actual marriage taking place judging by the marriage symbol picture shown in The scans?

If it's alternate dimensions, then it'll probably be something like their feelings opening the path to the alternate.worlds with their grown up children. There's no casualty since it's just an alternate world that resembles their own.

If it's time travel, it'll be like Awakening again, where changing the past just splits the future into an alternate timeline. So, even if the parents die before the child is conceived their future self still will continue to exist.

Edited by NeonZ

But if after the marriage proposal, one of the characters die on the battlefield or decides to backdown from marriage - wouldn't the nextgen character be forced to disappear?

Because I find it hard to believe that a simple act of saying "I love you" = nextgen characters. Nextgen characters are physically produced you know?

But if after the marriage proposal, one of the characters die on the battlefield or decides to backdown from marriage - wouldn't the nextgen character be forced to disappear?

Because I find it hard to believe that a simple act of saying "I love you" = nextgen characters. Nextgen characters are physically produced you know?

The act of proposal is just necessary for the game to know that you want to pair up those characters. Story-wise, in Awakening, some of them, like Lucina and Laurent, were around in the past even before any proposals.

And, like I said above, Awakening goes by a timetravel logic where changing the past just splits the timeline into two, rather than erasing the future. So, if somehow the pairing isn't consumated for wathever reason, the future children still will exist. Just like how they continue to exist even after their future was entirely avoided.

Once the Child character appears in the current timeline/dimension, the future/dimension that child came from is already changed/ceases to exist. In that world they did not ever meet their future/alternate self, but chose to travel back in time/across dimensions to help their parents. Their real parents already had them, so the man/woman dying in battle would not make the time traveler/dimension hopper disappear.

Err, huh?

Shout-out to this post for making me die laughing irl for some reason.

As for the topic at hand, I'm sure they're not all that concerned about the laws of time traveling, but the above theory seems to be the most plausible adding on to the fact that the couples can be likened to a point in the timeline, one that can't be changed or some hoopla.

Don't feel like theorizing here.

Edited by Soledai

Alternatively, with stable time loops, the child time-traveling into the past is already accounted for in their own history. There is no sequence of events where they don't time travel back, so there's nothing to change from and no possibility that they won't get born.