FE:if Hacking Topic

someonewhodied

Um, does anybody know how can I get the default children? In Awakening I marries their parents, unlocked the paralogue, then used a spider code to unmarry them. But it doesn't seem as though it's possible here...

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, it's me, some rando who's been lurking this thread. I made a thing.

https://github.com/Soaprman/FEFTwiddler

It's kinda barebones but it'll let you make everyone learn every skill. I set the button to not learn enemy-only or DLC skills for now but maybe I'll add that later?

There's also a button to eternal seal your dudes.

I think it works right, though I haven't tested it fully. It's still very WIPpy. Use it at your own risk, and always make a backup before doing anything!

The main thing to get out of this is probably a bit of data on how characters are stored in the save file, since I don't recall seeing any findings on character block sizes and separating bytes and all that.

Here's a messy image that probably isn't too much help to anyone but I posted it anyway. Some of the information on it is probably wrong, but I think most of it is rightish.

If any of you are making a thing as well, feel free to take any of this information or any of my code and use it in your thing too.

Also here's a text with a bunch more information that I was writing down while working on this. It may or may not be useful: https://github.com/Soaprman/FEFTwiddler/blob/master/character%20notes

S4LDp9p.jpg

Edited by Soaprman

Hey, it's me, some rando who's been lurking this thread. I made a thing.

https://github.com/Soaprman/FEFTwiddler

It's kinda barebones but it'll let you make everyone learn every skill. I set the button to not learn enemy-only or DLC skills for now but maybe I'll add that later?

There's also a button to eternal seal your dudes.

I think it works right, though I haven't tested it fully. It's still very WIPpy. Use it at your own risk, and always make a backup before doing anything!

The main thing to get out of this is probably a bit of data on how characters are stored in the save file, since I don't recall seeing any findings on character block sizes and separating bytes and all that.

Here's a messy image that probably isn't too much help to anyone but I posted it anyway. Some of the information on it is probably wrong, but I think most of it is rightish.

If any of you are making a thing as well, feel free to take any of this information or any of my code and use it in your thing too.

Also here's a text with a bunch more information that I was writing down while working on this. It may or may not be useful: https://github.com/Soaprman/FEFTwiddler/blob/master/character%20notes

S4LDp9p.jpg

It's possible the yellow box contains the info regarding whether a unit is a child or not, and thus determines whether or not they receive +1 to all caps.

Also, does anybody know how to remove the white fog behind the portraits of imported units? And can the shield icon on captured and imported units be removed without negative side effects? Like, to make them look like real characters, just without supports and all?

It's possible the yellow box contains the info regarding whether a unit is a child or not, and thus determines whether or not they receive +1 to all caps.

Also, does anybody know how to remove the white fog behind the portraits of imported units? And can the shield icon on captured and imported units be removed without negative side effects? Like, to make them look like real characters, just without supports and all?

There shouldn't be any negative side effects from having 'guest' units appear as normal units. Though idk what happens if somebody recruits said character from your castle as guest characters on castle teams arnt supposed to be recruited. Ill try it out if I find someone whos got that set up.

As for the background I think if you recruited a normal unit from someone (Ryoma for exp) then took the shield offf I think the game would treat that as just Ryoma so normal pic, supports, ect. (who needs revelations to get beast Shiro, assuming conquest would even have his paralogue data with out the paths dlc)

as for the image of someone like Cadace I think youd just have to manually replace her recruited pic in the rom. Idk how to do that as I cant navigate the rom for shit. So many files with names I cant even read. Folders that never end. So much tylenol needed... I just want to give my sister some pants *sobs*

Edit: okay so Cadace dosnt actually have a white background in her pic, so captured and guest units arnt the same internally - aside from a mark of origin used in the logbook

Edited by Technocolor

Just wanted to note this: I have Lucina without a shield on my special edition thanks to some save editing, she has no supports and cannot be recruited after a castle battle.

Additionally, I had Hinoka in my conquest save without a shield, she also had no supports. I didn't check if she could be recruited. (I changed her to Lucina)

Just wanted to note this: I have Lucina without a shield on my special edition thanks to some save editing, she has no supports and cannot be recruited after a castle battle.

Additionally, I had Hinoka in my conquest save without a shield, she also had no supports. I didn't check if she could be recruited. (I changed her to Lucina)

How do you mean no supports? Is she absent from the supports list, or just grayed out due to lack of supports?

How do you mean no supports? Is she absent from the supports list, or just grayed out due to lack of supports?

Supports are route locked, so if you recruit a character in a route they don't belong in, they won't be able to support.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone was looking for an updated/correct spreadsheet for Class/Character/Skill/Accessory IDs, here it is: Google Drive Viewable File https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B19Qss7jA_SveVVsT0FPbm5LcGc/view

There are some personal notes here and there, cuz I made this exclusively for personal use at first. Have fun and tell me if there are any issues with it so I can fix it!

The hex code for each identifier is located on the leftmost column, allowing you to skip calculating deci --> hex and all that jazz. Ctrl-f whatever you need to find, look up the value on the left, bingo.

For all intents and purposes, this data is meant to be used with a Non-Battle Prep save. So you gotta either just have finished a chapter and/or be in My Castle to use this correctly. Battle Prep save data looks a lot different and is a bit more difficult to decipher.

You will see that there are two different columns for Accessories. One is for the original Japanese (and swimsuit-patched) game and the other is for the vanilla localized no-swimsuit game. If you transfer a Japanese/Patched save file to a localized no-swimsuit game without a patch, you MUST remove all the accessories from 3D - 40. Otherwise it will probably crash your game.

For anyone who doesn't know already, DLC items (0163+) require the DLC installed and activated in order to show up. So you can't just make 255 Warp Scrolls without the Witch DLC. If you do so, the game will ask if you want to remove DLC items and byuh-bye Warp Scrolls. Also if you just downloaded the DLC without playing it first, the game might still erase the data.

Example: if I edit some Lodestar Reclass Seals in without playing the already-downloaded Before Awakening DLC first, the game might wipe those Lodestar Reclass Seals. You don't have to finish the DLC chapter in order to activate the DLC, though. So even if I attempted but didn't finish the Hidden Truths 1 DLC, I can still edit in my Fell Brand items and use them.

Weapon Rank: S = "FB", A = "A1", and B = "60" and nothing = "01". These are the threshold values for each weapon rank. The order of the weapon ranks are the same as the ones in your inventory-animation screen, so Swords first and Dragonstone/Beastone last. Weapon rank data is located right before the HP stat and those tell-tale FF FF FF FF bytes on every character slot. For people new to this save editing stuff, these Weapon Rank + HP + FF FF FF FF things are by far the best helper for finding a character.

Example: I got a Hinata with S rank Swords and B rank Axes with 32 hp. I will look for "FB 01 60 01 01 01 01 01 20 FF FF FF FF". 20 is 32 in hex, you get the gist.

Onto weapons, items, and such: each item in the convoy occupies 5 values, or bytes. First two bytes indicate the type of item, with the last two digits in front. 3rd byte indicates a nickname, which is usually 2 + # in front of the nickname in nickname section. 4th byte shows up either as weapon forge ranks (0 to 7) or usage (staves, scrolls, seals and such). The last byte is for the number of such items in the convoy. The nickname section is located right before the convoy and you can easily read it on the right side of HxD editor. In front of every name is this "." value. That's the nickname pointer number.

Example: A 7+ forged Raijinto with no nickname is "2B 00 00 07 01".

A 7+ Forged Raijinto named "Ryoma Dong" is "2B 00 ?? 07 01" with that ?? = 2 + whatever number that "." value in front of "Ryoma Dong" in the nickname section.

A Vulnerary with only 2 uses left is "15 01 00 02 01". Vulnerary's item ID is 115 aka "0115". Take the last two numbers and put them the front to find this item, so in this case "0115" would become "15 01"

Note: any weapon can be forged via editting. Dragonstones and Divine Weapons included.

If you are dealing with an equipped item inside somebody's inventory, only the first 4 bytes will exist. An equipped weapon will have a "4" in front of the forge rank.

Example: A 7+ Forged Raijinto named "Ryoma Dong" equipped by Ryoma would look like "2B 00 ?? 47". Fun.

Other notes on save data: Skill #71 is a skill that Leo's Personal Tome uses. I don't know if equipping it will have the same effect.

Last editted note: Amiibo unit character bytes are start at FA. Don't use the value on the left to find them, use the FA/FB/FC/FD. I'll probably add the Cipher stuff later

Edited by wherelifeneverends

@Katsu: Do you mean mid-battle (via RAM editing) or the ones you capture? I'm sure it's possible either way (I know it can be done with captured units) but the techniques will vary.

@wherelifeneverends: You might be able to find some stuff in here to help you out: https://github.com/Soaprman/FEFTwiddler/tree/master/FEFTwiddler/Enums

I haven't painstakingly tested every value, but I feel pretty good about most of it.

@everyone else: I'm still updating FEFTwiddler here and there. It'll probably never be capable of the fancy antics I hear some people coming up with, but it's slowly getting better!

So, I noticed something very strange with certain characters in my save.

I made the game give me certain units via romhacking, in Chapter 1, I gave myself Odin, and in chapter 2, Selena and Lazlow, they were set to join me like any normal unit does in the game.

4OzTgkF.pngCWbUHVe.png

However, upon reaching chapter 6 and choosing a side, I noticed I didn't have these units anymore, I payed it no mind and went about my business anyways.

However, I recently decided to poke around in my save on HxD, and it turns out all 3 character blocks are actually still within my save as if I had access to them, but I actually don't?

Here's my save if anyone wants to poke around.

I was having fun building on the work of those who came before me and thought I'd share in case anybody else finds it useful. Disclaimer: I'm not a programmer and some of this stuff is just my best guesses.

rSFOZO6.png

Additional notes (mostly just to summarize it all in one place for anyone new to this):

-All pink highlights are variable but I don't know what they mean. Dark yellow highlights are numbers with little to no variation, but some occasionally do vary for unknown reasons. The unlabeled gray/brown highlights are just static FF 00 filler that can be good for finding your place in the data.

-The gender byte in the avatar block is what determines which avatar you actually get. It seems to override the character ID in the avatar's character block.

-I don't know why the statues get saved to each character block. Maybe there are other stat cap mods that go there? However, if you fiddle with it, it seems to correct itself when you adjust your castle, so maybe not.

-As mentioned just above, the first two bytes of each equipped item are reversed to make the item ID. More detailed info is just a few posts above this one.

-Support levels seem to change by character. Some are 11 before S and 12 after, others are 13 and 14. So don't be surprised if you enter all 13s and wind up with some at S rank and others at A.

-Change the DLC classes to FF FF FF if you just want to unlock every extra class for that character's gender.

-The temp stat boost byte works like each byte in the learned skills chain: convert it to binary, then reverse it. So if the value is 23, that converts to 00100011. Reverse that to 11000100 and it says you've activated boosters for HP, Strength, and Luck.

-Each byte in the learned skills chain works the same way, creating a giant string of binary yes/no information on whether each skill in the list of skill IDs is known or not. The list starts from the second (binary) digit, meaning the first byte only has 7 skills instead of 8 like the rest. I'm not sure what the first digit indicates, but it doesn't seem to matter much if it's 1 or 0.

-The boon/bane/talent portions of the child block work independent of your avatar's setting, so Kana can have a different talent from the avatar. Also, these seem to be ignored for any parent that isn't the avatar. Note: talent ID uses the avatar's gender, not the child's.

-Parent choice alone seems to affect classes available with a heart seal and stat cap variation, so it's unlikely this information is stored elsewhere in the character block.

-See description of internal level below (thanks!)

Edited by seorin

I was having fun building on the work of those who came before me and thought I'd share in case anybody else finds it useful. Disclaimer: I'm not a programmer and some of this stuff is just my best guesses.

UUUrXFh.png

Looks tidy! One thing that could be corrected is "Level-EXP-Eternal Seals" section on the top. The first byte is Level, second is exp, 3rd byte is Internal level, and the 4th is Eternal Seals, so 4 bytes instead instead of 3. So in your image, the 00 in front of the Chara-ID would be the Eternal Seals value.

Also, for anyone interested, slightly related to the Internal Levels point: Most characters have that byte as 00 as unpromoted/DLC class and around 14 as promoted, but Felicia and Jakob start at 00 in a Promoted class, thus the game reads them as unpromoted/DLC and gives them exp as if they were such.

iirc when I changed them to a DLC class, that Internal Levels turned into EC, or in deci, "236". If you add 20 to 236, you get 256, 1 more than 255/FF the maximum amount a byte can contain. I'm guessing since there is no lvl 0 or negative levels, the game just goes all the way up to high numbers to portray negative internal levels. I've messed around with the Internal Levels a bit and used high numbers (around the E0's). Characters with such high Internal levels get a lot of exp, as if they were unpromoted lvl 1's.

iirc when I changed them to a DLC class, that Internal Levels turned into EC, or in deci, "236". If you add 20 to 236, you get 256, 1 more than 255/FF the maximum amount a byte can contain. I'm guessing since there is no lvl 0 or negative levels, the game just goes all the way up to high numbers to portray negative internal levels. I've messed around with the Internal Levels a bit and used high numbers (around the E0's). Characters with such high Internal levels get a lot of exp, as if they were unpromoted lvl 1's.

Maybe it's a signed byte. That is, everything above 0x7F is negative (0x80 = -128 and 0xFF = -1). The stat gain bytes are signed as well (Scarlet in my Revelation save has FF for strength, and she starts with 1 less strength in Revelation than she does in Birthright).

The stat booster bytes also count points gained by leveling past 20 promoted or 40 unpromoted (in addition to stat booster items). I want to say they also count points gained via leveling in DLC chapters or "challenge" fights or something but I haven't done the necessary research to confirm that yet.

The "shield icon" block contains a few more things, like a death flag and an "einherjar" flag (gives the portrait a white background).

The Character ID is actually two bytes, though the only IDs that use both bytes are those of the Japanese Cipher DLC characters. The same might apply to Class ID, but I have no proof of that.

Nice findings, by the way, both of you!

Nice catch, thanks! I edited it to fix it. Also, that's an interesting note about really high internal levels. It makes sense, but I had no idea it worked that way.

Also, I just found out that the 2 bytes in front of the "Kills" data is the "Battles". At the endgame credits, you'll see the number of victories and battles, this data is pulled from there. I'm gonna try to see if I can just edit these 4 bytes to get instant lvl 3 statues.

Edit: Yes you can. The statue build option was instantly available, along with Lvl 2 and Lv; 3 Upgrade options. No more grinding at Izumo Castle for me :awesome:

@Katsu: Do you mean mid-battle (via RAM editing) or the ones you capture? I'm sure it's possible either way (I know it can be done with captured units) but the techniques will vary.

I mean like, you start a chapter, go to the chapter map, the enemies have skills.

So far I've only explored the "Chapter" saves, which are made in My Castle or on the battle preparations screen. Enemies on the map aren't in these saves. I hear they're in the mid-battle bookmark saves, though, so maybe look into extracting those. I haven't looked into them at all yet.

Oh wow, I dont check up on this thread for a few days and boom, tons of stuff! The more recent character block sheet is fantastic.

Does anybody know how the hell bond units work in the games coding? They seem to function like child units with how they're generated, taking growths, modifiers, classes, ect. from both players avatars. I had this ludicrous idea of giving characters with out set kids (Selena, Hinoka, ect) like others characters kids. Like change up say, Asugis block to change his set parents from Saizo to someone else. But then I had a thought about the bond units and if they do have character blocks I could set them to be someones kid. Obviously things would be a crap load more complicated then what I just wrote up but its a rough idea. Cus then the character would already exist in game so you wouldnt have to actually build one, which I have no clue if anyone even has figured out how, and you could just edit that character.

Now for a question with an actual solid answer to it. @wherelifeneverends- So if I wanted to change a unit of mine to like a witch would I need to get a cia of the Japanese dlc? Or are a few things like the classes themself 'on disk dlc' and its just the items associated with them that are downloaded.