I miss the GBA era.

ZemZem

In that case, it all boils down to opinion, I know that I for one vastly prefer the GBA games (and 10) to the rest of the series. Like the mechanics more/etc.

The changes in the gameplay can be viewed as bad. I didn't like the removal of multiple magic weapon types in FE11 for example, just as some view the removal of weight mechanics as the removal of a key factor. (For the record, weights biggest issue was never being properly balanced. The idea has plenty of potential should it be successfully balanced ie magic units use magic over str for Tellius buffer or something).

All in all, not singling you out, because it seems like both sides are being kinda hot headed, but let's all just let opinions be opinions and get along.hihi

It does boil down to opinion. I'm also of the opinion that the multiple magic types were a hindrance to the overall magic system in general outside of Jugdral, but thats neither here nor there. I will agree to disagree and i'm glad you are being reasonable.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just aggravated because I'm extremely excited for IF/Fates/whatever, and I DON'T LIKE Awakening, and I don't like how people are automatically labelling it as, Awakening 2.0, because they're clearly trying new things and bringing back old mechanics, and I don't want this game to Awakening 2, either.

I'm excited how they're doing things gameplay wise and overall.

Hoshi would know, I yelled at her for her bs yesterday, she would know.

So, that's just me =_=

Edited by Sophie

It does boil down to opinion. I'm also of the opinion that the multiple magic types were a hindrance to the overall magic system in general outside of Jugdral, but thats neither here nor there. I will agree to disagree and i'm glad you are being reasonable.

Yay getting along~

:)

I'm just aggravated because I'm extremely excited for IF/Fates/whatever, and I DON'T LIKE Awakening, and I don't like how people are automatically labelling it as, Awakening 2.0, because they're clearly trying new things and bringing back old mechanics, and I don't want this game to Awakening 2, either.

Hoshi would know, I yelled at her for her bs yesterday, she would know.

So, that's just me =_=

That's fine, but a lot of people are on edge due to what they've seen.

Ie FE13 expies, skinship, whatever. You can be excited, but there's no need to be annoyed at those who are skeptical.

And I don't about fanservice and such, I find it over the top and that usually equates to funny as me, and I don't understand why everyone gets all hissy over it.

While I'm sure I'm going to spend plenty of time scratching Nishiki's ears (I have no shame, no shits given) the things I care most about are good gameplay and well written characters, so as long as it has that I don't really care =_=

*drops mic*

And I don't about fanservice and such, I find it over the top and that usually equates to funny as me, and I don't understand why everyone gets all hissy over it.

While I'm sure I'm going to spend plenty of time scratching Nishiki's ears (I have no shame, no shits given) the things I care most about are good gameplay and well written characters, so as long as it has that I don't really care =_=

*drops mic*

That's fine

Some people are skeptical, that's their opinion. They're allowed to be skeptical about skinship and such.

You can be excited, but you don't have to be aggressive toward the skeptics. There's a difference.

Let opinions be opinions, Soph. It's for the best.

Lol, it is kind of funny, I guess.

I don't know enough about the characters of Fates, but FE13's, not really a fan of.

Dressing everyone up in bathing suits for no reason? That just equates to funny to me, not "OH I AM OFFENDED BY TEH FANSERVICE OF THIS GAME >:CCC *huffy*"

I mean, from what the people who are watching the gameplay of the japanese version are saying, the supports are pretty good so far, and the maps look much better than Awakening, so I have no worries on my fronts =_=

Dressing everyone up in bathing suits for no reason? That just equates to funny to me, not "OH I AM OFFENDED BY TEH FANSERVICE OF THIS GAME >:CCC *huffy*"

I mean, from what the people who are watching the gameplay of the japanese version are saying, the supports are pretty good so far, and the maps look much better than Awakening, so I have no worries on my fronts =_=

In all seriousness, fighting a war in a bathing suit is highly impractical realistically.

In addition, bothering to add things means production time was spent adding them. Ie time and effort put into something that some, myself included, think would be much better used elsewhere.

I'm not really looking for realism in a fantasy land, to be fair.

And I'm pretty sure it's confirmed it's for My Castle stuff only, and possibly only hot springs stuff only, so.

I mean, maybe but people are also forgetting the creators are acknowledging the places where Awakening was lacking, the team working on IF even said Awakening's story was lacking and acknowledged people were disappointed by it. So, I dunno. I just want people to calm down. I am disappointed how a lot of people are acting, both sides, about this =_=

I'm not really looking for realism in a fantasy land, to be fair.

And I'm pretty sure it's confirmed it's for My Castle stuff only, and possibly only hot springs stuff only, so.

I mean, maybe but people are also forgetting the creators are acknowledging the places where Awakening was lacking, the team working on IF even said Awakening's story was lacking and acknowledged people were disappointed by it. So, I dunno. I just want people to calm down. I am disappointed how a lot of people are acting, both sides, about this =_=

Let's all chill and get along then. Please.

This is a thread made to express disappointment, that is justified to some extent. There's no need to be annoyed at those who are skeptical.

I'm not even angry? Glac please.

I don't care about skepticism, I don't skepticism when people refuse to acknowledge or look at a game to see if they would like it at all.

Enough ranting though.

Since all of ZM's threads go off topic anyways, I feel like doing a tag team and no one is updating my current ones, soooo... =_=

I'm not even angry? Glac please.

I don't care about skepticism, I don't skepticism when people refuse to acknowledge or look at a game to see if they would like it at all.

Enough ranting though.

Since all of ZM's threads go off topic anyways, I feel like doing a tag team and no one is updating my current ones, soooo... =_=

Alright then.

Sometimes I wonder why you don't just do a whole playlog yourself. :P:

why do things like casual and phoenix mode get so much bad response? that's like one thing awakening did right. maybe people don't want to restart a whole level after spending an hour in there if they want to save someone <_<

I'm fine with Casual Mode, in fact, I actually like it, but Phoenix Mode is way too dumb when considering that struggling players is the reason Casual Mode exists in the first place.

IS's justification for it was that players would somehow still struggle in Casual Mode if they played Nohr, which is a terrible excuse for something that I think shouldn't even exist.

Edited by Nexas

um... why?

How would that be an improvement?

i'm sure you don't feel more screens = better handheld, right?

to date, the best use of a second screen has been the world ends with you. i would wager that at least 60% of games out on the 3/ds are games that don't utilize the second screen for much else than to reduce clutter (rpgs especially). other games, like canvas curse, are pretty damn fun, but i wouldn't argue those games warrant keeping a 2-screened system for the rest of time. shooters are bad on dual-screens. really bad. i'm surprised i was able to get through metroid prime hunters when i was a kid. the games aren't bad, it's just that the controls are downright terrible (and often actually painful).

with the advent of the new 3dsxl, bigger screens and a second analog nub thing, the use of two screens is even more forgettable. the truth is, it's difficult to put focus on two screens at once. why not just take away the second screen?

the ds system was fun while it lasted, but personally, i'm ready to go back to the gameboy. a ps vita-like system with actual gamez is the dream.

I'm fine with Casual Mode, in fact, I actually like it, but Phoenix Mode is way too dumb when considering that struggling players is the reason Casual Mode exists in the first place.

IS's justification for it was that players would somehow still struggle in Casual Mode if they played Nohr, which is a terrible excuse for something that I think shouldn't even exist.

Well at least Phoenix mode is normal mode only.

And I don't know how much extra effort is needed to put in Phoenix, but I would imagine it's just a bit of extra coding to tweak the respawn point as the game isn't balanced around it.

I will give that the name is pretty badass. Totally not Mokou bias nope not at aaaaaaaaaaaaall.

i'm sure you don't feel more screens = better handheld, right?

to date, the best use of a second screen has been the world ends with you. i would wager that at least 60% of games out on the 3/ds are games that don't utilize the second screen for much else than to reduce clutter (rpgs especially). other games, like canvas curse, are pretty damn fun, but i wouldn't argue those games warrant keeping a 2-screened system for the rest of time. shooters are bad on dual-screens. really bad. i'm surprised i was able to get through metroid prime hunters when i was a kid. the games aren't bad, it's just that the controls are downright terrible (and often actually painful).

with the advent of the new 3dsxl, bigger screens and a second analog nub thing, the use of two screens is even more forgettable. the truth is, it's difficult to put focus on two screens at once. why not just take away the second screen?

the ds system was fun while it lasted, but personally, i'm ready to go back to the gameboy. a ps vita-like system with actual gamez is the dream.

I don't really see nintendo doing it because they'd have to give up on backwards compatibility.

I don't really see nintendo doing it because they'd have to give up on backwards compatibility.

I could see such a system working by having a sliding screen (similar to what the PSPGo had, except there's a second screen underneath it). You could keep the screen down if you only need one screen, while for games that need two screens you could slide it up.

IDK

it's not unprecedented for nintendo to give up on backwards compatibility. the dsi did it, the gamecube did it, the n64 did it. i'm pretty sure the nx will as well. plus, gaming is moving towards "eh, maybe bc isn't absolutely necessary," type of feeling.

as of the release of the n3ds models, there's also more ds systems than gameboys. the world is ready for a new gameboy! :)

Edited by Phoenix Wright