Spoiler Free Discussion Thread

Can't decide if I want to do Nohr Classic on Normal or Hard...I'm leaning towards Normal just to appreciate the story the first time around with a light challenge, but my gut is telling me to play on hard...When I get Hoshido I'll probably start that one on hard.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=Spoilered just in case...]I would say that the changes to Fates regarding units pairing up has a significant impact on strategy and the difficulty of the game based on my [intentionally] limited knowledge of the game.

Edited by Robin Goodfellow

Is anyone planning on playing on Casual? I'm thinking about it, at least for Hard and Lunatic.

If I lose a character on Casual mode due to a mistake on my part I'll just reset anyway for the most part, but I feel like their are certain moments where I won't want to have to restart a whole chapter because I feel like I got screwed by RNG or that the chapter required some luck I don't feel like repeating (like that chapter in FE6 where you recruit Klein and how difficult he is to recruit depends on if he feels like moving from his initial spot or not).

Oh ok then.

Thank you for your sacrifice.

I will. It's just the best mode for me.

I plan to do Normal/Casual for Nohr, and Hard/Casual or Normal/Casual for Hoshido.

As a side note, the Lunatic topic makes me pretty confident towards this game, and I'll probably try it on a future playthrough.

Wow, I was playing yesterday (2DS with rxtools..Sadly updated today..) and chapter 5 is hard when you don't understand how to clear it! Haha, Ryuma was still there after that.

I took the Nohr path after that, and chapter 8 is..hard as hell. The same character keep dying again and again..(the cavalier..Benoit I think?)

For those of us who are wondering about the story and whether they were serious about the theme of "choices:"

Apparently, besides the major choice between Hoshido and Nohr, there are actually a lot of places on both routes

where your actions can determine how the rest of the story plays out.

Most of them aren't really "choices," though, as they are more along the lines of old-time gaiden chapter

requirements. I.e. If you clear the chapter within a certain number of turns, X will happen whereas Y will

happen if you don't. Or, if you get the support level between certain units high enough by a certain chapter then

you get a small benefit. Those kinds of things.

For those of us who are wondering about the story and whether they were serious about the theme of "choices:"

Apparently, besides the major choice between Hoshido and Nohr, there are actually a lot of places on both routes

Most of them aren't really "choices," though, as they are more along the lines of old-time gaiden chapter

requirements. I.e. If you clear the chapter within a certain number of turns, X will happen whereas Y will

happen if you don't. Or, if you get the support level between certain units high enough by a certain chapter then

Yes, yes, YES!!!!

This is absolutely amazing! I am thrilled! Adds to the replay factor even more! Thanks for the good news.

I'm going to start with Hoshido/Normal/Phoenix....

JK. I'm going to do Nohr/Normal/Classic, but no resetting. I have always wanted to do a no reset run, but I'm saving it for a first play through. It should be fun.

Edited by TheCaptain

By the way, I wonder one thing. I finished a early chapter and (in case)

[spoiler=This is a plot spoiler, left here as a warning to others]Gunter fell of the bridge at the end of the chapter..Did he die? I don't

think so but in case..^^

THAT'S A SPOILER WROTE IN A SPOILER TAG, BUT APPARENTLY I NEED TO WROTE IT IN CAPS

Edited by eclipse

I'm actually really happy about that. I was just thinking about requirements within the game earlier today, so hopefully this adds some more challenge/fun/replayability.

Also, from our collective limited knowledge, what do we think about the difficulty level of these games in comparison to the others? I think Nohr might be on FE6 level (hard), and if I hear much more about its difficulty, I might consider it almost on FE5 level (unfair). As for Hoshido, that is probably on FE7 level (moderate-easy). This is all speculation, but it is speculation I enjoy. Feel free to add your thoughts.

I'm actually really happy about that. I was just thinking about requirements within the game earlier today, so hopefully this adds some more challenge/fun/replayability.

Also, from our collective limited knowledge, what do we think about the difficulty level of these games in comparison to the others? I think Nohr might be on FE6 level (hard), and if I hear much more about its difficulty, I might consider it almost on FE5 level (unfair). As for Hoshido, that is probably on FE7 level (moderate-easy). This is all speculation, but it is speculation I enjoy. Feel free to add your thoughts.

Well, I played Nohr in Hard, and I can say that I never struggled like that..Even in all others FE Games..But that's good, haha!

Thracia isn't hard really, it's just really weird. The enemies are never really that strong, the hardest part of it comes when you add in all the things like fatigue, and capturing.

By the way, I wonder one thing. I finished a early chapter and (in case)

Ahh yes oh boy, another spoiler e__e Didn't you read the op at all...?

-

For the choices part in Hoshido and Nohr, they won't really affect the story much, will they? Are they going to be almost like choices in Awakening (ending with the same-ish endgame) or just give you "goodies" if you complete them? basically asking if they affect storyline in a large sense haha//

What part of a THIS IS A SPOILER-FREE THREAD did you not get?

I did, and that's why I wrote it in a spoiler tag. If i go to another topic, they're spoiler everywhere so. ;) Don't need to be like that man.

I did, and that's why I wrote it in a spoiler tag. If i go to another topic, they're spoiler everywhere so. ;) Don't need to be like that man.

I apologize, and even though it's an early-game chapter, we explicitly formed this thread so stuff like that doesn't come in. As it happens, I know the answer to your question and will PM it to you.

I'm going to play normal on Nohr for my first playthrough, and hard on Hoshido for my second. I don't know if I'll stick to classic or casual, though. I'm the type who resets on classic. Usually, I'm fine playing like that, but I have a tenancy to rage quit when a character loses their life to some random enemy Mercenary's 4% chance to get a critical hit or some other incredibly unlucky deaths like that.

I imagine this will add a lot of artificial difficulty. If better endings are often the result of shorter battles, for instance, then it might encourage me to play much more aggressively then I would otherwise.

Edited by Zachmac

It technically still is a spoiler since it pertains to a character sort of death...

here are the rules,

1. Don't spoil the story (obviously)

4. no spoilers inside of spoilers that contain spoilers

I apologize, and even though it's an early-game chapter, we explicitly formed this thread so stuff like that doesn't come in. As it happens, I know the answer to your question and will PM it to you.

No prob', I edited my post to make it clear, sorry for that. Ok, thanks :)

For the choices part in Hoshido and Nohr, they won't really affect the story much, will they? Are they going to be almost like choices in Awakening (ending with the same-ish endgame) or just give you "goodies" if you complete them? basically asking if they affect storyline in a large sense haha//

Short answer: Yes, some of them (that I unfortunately have been spoiled on) can have a large impact on the story. I'm stopping right there.

Short answer: Yes, some of them (that I unfortunately have been spoiled on) can have a large impact on the story. I'm stopping right there.

Ahh that sucks, I love the fact there are impacting choices but I don't like multiple endings, good thing I'm doing multiple play-throughs.

Anybody planning on doing a "blind" playthrough the first time around? I think it's inevitable by now that everyone knows there are character deaths in the game. I don't intend to look up conditions on how to prevent these deaths which are just delusions by people who can't accept deaths but just play and see what will happen, both first times in Birthright and Conquest.

Thracia isn't hard really, it's just really weird. The enemies are never really that strong, the hardest part of it comes when you add in all the things like fatigue, and capturing.

That, and you have to watch your Lockpick usage and Door Keys. If you have neither and go to Chapter 8x, you are screwed and have to start over. Also there are crazy chapters like 24x that have invisible warp tiles that send you to an inescapable room. That unit will be stuck there if you don't have a rescue or rewarp staff.

My biggest gripe with Thracia is the preparation screen. I'd like to be able to place my units on the map please.

In summary, you have to study a guidebook before playing it, else you will be SOL.

Thracia is really weird. But that's why I love it. Also, I think it's the best-looking Fire Emblem, even better than Awakening or RD. Nothing beats the charm of the tiny overworld animations and detailed pixel art.

Edited by Leif

Anybody planning on doing a "blind" playthrough the first time around? I think it's inevitable by now that everyone knows there are character deaths in the game. I don't intend to look up conditions on how to prevent these deaths which are just delusions by people who can't accept deaths but just play and see what will happen, both first times in Birthright and Conquest.

yeah that's what I'm planning on first time around. No resets, no looking up answers.

This is what I plan on doing.So far I know how to stop one but that is it.

I also plan to do the third path completely blind.It is the one thing I am not spoiling.(Well not trying too)

Yeah, even though I saw titles referring to character deaths, I already suspected that was going to be a thing, especially with what Shin, the writer, said about his goal to make players cry. So, it comes to no surprise to me.

In regards to a "blind" run, one part of me wants to do it, but the perfectionist in me wants to get the best ending possible. I guess the happy compromise would be to read every, single line of dialogue, critically. I hope these conditions are not super vague or random. I want to be rewarded for reading the entire script.

Edited by Leif