Javelins and Hand Axes nerfed to hell

Chiki

So Javelins and Hand Axes and such can't double anymore... This is a pretty big deal since we had a lot of people wanting to nerf these weapons.

This is like my worst nightmare.

Tbh it does make sense, because:

1:If i just threw my axe, how can i possibly throw it again without recovering it first?

2:1-2 weapons were kinda op

3:There wouldn't be many incentives to use other weapons if you had, for example, an infinite spear.

We've known that for a while now. Oh well, i can deal with it, but it will make things a bit slower in the game

Hopefully this game is more focused on player phase than awakening and they end up not being that important

So Javelins and Hand Axes and such can't double anymore... This is a pretty big deal since we had a lot of people wanting to nerf these weapons.

This is like my worst nightmare.

Then Ryoma is your best dream, in this case.

1-2 Range, with no drawback AND boost his Strength by 4!

He is really ridiculously great.

There's also 1-2 range steel weapons, but we suspect it may be ennemy only.

And there's still Hidden Weapons fr 1-2 range anyway.

They're still really good on Player Phase since you still activate Attack stance using them. Basically they're similar to the FE6 brave lance where it's a powerful Player Phase tool, but will wreck you on EP if you don't trade equip it off or kill everything in range.

I'm hoping that the MT for throwing weapons will be boosted a bit to make up for not being able to double anymore. Not to the point that it's just as strong as a double, of course, but enough so that there's still some good incentive to use it.

I'm not very far in the game so maybe I don't have a lot to stand on but I think the nerfs are appropriate. "Melee" characters can still use ranged weapons, but it's situational which is good for strategy. Archers will be your new go-to units for powerful ranged attacks.

I'm not very far in the game so maybe I don't have a lot to stand on but I think the nerfs are appropriate. "Melee" characters can still use ranged weapons, but it's situational which is good for strategy. Archers will be your new go-to units for powerful ranged attacks.

Good to know Archers are actually usefull in this game.

I'm fine with 1-2 range weapons not being able to double.What I don't like is how javelins and hand axes can't land critical hits. Ranged weapons need a power boost to make them better, I mean they're weaker than iron weapons in every way except for range. They should have at least decent might, especially if they can't crit or double.

I'm fine with 1-2 range weapons not being able to double.What I don't like is how javelins and hand axes can't land critical hits. Ranged weapons need a power boost to make them better, I mean they're weaker than iron weapons in every way except for range. They should have at least decent might, especially if they can't crit or double.

Javelins are bottom of the barrel, the Bronze Lance of 1-2 range weapons, makes sense they can't crit. On the other hand, Spears are 2 range only and they CAN crit, and have double the Might of a Javelin though they cannot double. You'll still get reliable ranged damage but it comes at the cost of being unable to counter in melee range and at the risk of being doubled. A lot more balanced than previous iterations of the weapons since they tended to be strong while having 1-2 range.

Fine with me. I always (aside from FE13) made an effort to use an archer so I'm already prepared mentally.

But doesn't this also make mages even more powerful as range attackers? Or did magic get nerfed as well?