Do you ship for love or for stats?

MajorMajora

264 members have voted

1. 1. For what reason do you ship?

• I want my units to be happy
    • Eugenics, baby

I ship for stats, because for me there is no reason to have throwaway unit that could have been better. I'm not the type to read support convos (or even story sequences) anyway.

Edited by HeavyBrawlsGuy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the main reasons I hoped children characters were nerfed/not as important this time around was so that there'd be no issue with choosing your favorite pairing. It always bugged me that my favorite Chrom pairing (Maribelle) resulted in probably the weakest Lucina due to her being based of Chrom so neither of them had good magic growth. because ehr stats were influenced heavily by the parents, you'd have to be crazy to use Maribelle in any mode other than normal.

I actually love Maribelle!Lucina. I made her a Dark Flier and paired her with Sorcerer!Laurent. Although I don't really mind Master Sealing back down to level 1 for another grind, and I might have just gotten lucky with her MAG procs or used some Spirit Dust on her, I don't quite remember. But I remember her and Laurent doing dastardly death in all directions, so it couldn't have ended that badly.

My marriage decision process goes:

1) Group all available units into tiers by personal preference.

2) Go on GameFAQs and read all available combinations between characters of a given likeability.

3) Choose my favorite conversations.

4) Choose character from this "favorite conversation" pool that results in the most productive child.

It's... a bit involved XD

usually both but the fact that I if Nah wasn't a BEAST! then Nowi would collect dust along with Vaike, Gaius and Kellam. in the Unshipped box of shame, So victory for Eugenics

Still Henry x Cordelia is my OTP because that support is a lot better than the supports than Henry x Olivia, Severa is TERRIBLE with Henry as a dad but that is immaterial!

Love for all units I care about, then I find the characters that I want the children of, (but don't care for themselves, such as Asama) and all the units I don't plan on using much (like Mozume, for example)and check over my notes to see which pairings will give me the child with the most desired stats or whatnot ; u ;

I never really care too much in my first run though, I'll most likely just casually play through my first Nohr and Hoshido run,

then do some serious planning with my second Hoshido run.

I'm keeping Takumi and Oboro together though

First time, I do the couples I think are cute. In later playthroughs with higher difficulties I do it largely skills and stats. Kinda have to. Especially since my usual ideas of cute result in children with god awful stats, (like VaikexMiriel!Laurent), and only a handful of them able to obtain Galeforce.

One of the main reasons I hoped children characters were nerfed/not as important this time around was so that there'd be no issue with choosing your favorite pairing. It always bugged me that my favorite Chrom pairing (Maribelle) resulted in probably the weakest Lucina due to her being based of Chrom so neither of them had good magic growth. because ehr stats were influenced heavily by the parents, you'd have to be crazy to use Maribelle in any mode other than normal.

Maribelle!Lucina is a beast what you on

Generally for the stats.

FE4 was purely for the stats and only the stats for the first gen, then the second was for the feeling, then again, what do you want the second gen to be about ? ... Well, there is Celice/Lakche. yeah...

For FEA it was more like, 'Sure, let's go with it.' at first since, who gave a crap about it ? And on the next save, it was for the skills/stats. The second gen was about convenience sake. It'll have to be a really crappy pairing writing-wise to stop me from doing it. It happens a lot.

For Fates ? Eh, probably for love at first, and stats for the second save.

Edited by B.Leu

A combination of hair color, quality of supports, and stats yo.

But in the first playthrough, I usually pair up the weirdest pairing.

Edited by pureblood

Well, see, I don't really marry for either, exactly, but it's closer to love than skills. I marry to get as many support options as possible, and from there on, I attempt to create the parent characters that I plan to make based on the skills their kid receives.

I'm a sap for romance, so love 80% of the time. Skills and stats, only come into play if I find a unit has multiple suitable partners that they've reached an A support with. In which case I'll choose the parent who will breed the better child.

For example in Awakening I almost gave Nowi to Ricken (the first male she A supported with), but I really wanted to see where her A support with Lon'qu would go since I liked their previous supports. Glad I waited. Besides Lon'qu and Nowi having better chemistry, I wanted Nah to have an offensive skill and didn't think she'd get (literally) any benefits from a Sage father.

It worked out pretty well for me except I wasted Gaius and Donnell's Galeforce genes, but Nah was my only important kid who lacked it. And I don't regret not pairing up Nowi with either of those since she and Gaius had no chemistry and DonnellxNowi was aight but nowhere as good as Lon'quxNowi.

I tried shipping based purely on skills, and to a lesser degree stats, on my 2nd run and I didn't enjoy the supports as much because they were just a means to an end (breeding super soldiers).

I'm a sap for romance, so love 80% of the time. Skills and stats, only come into play if I find a unit has multiple suitable partners that they've reached an A support with. In which case I'll choose the parent who will breed the better child.

For example in Awakening I almost gave Nowi to Ricken (the first male she A supported with), but I really wanted to see where her A support with Lon'qu would go since I liked their previous supports. Glad I waited. Besides Lon'qu and Nowi having better chemistry, I wanted Nah to have an offensive skill and didn't think she'd get (literally) any benefits from a Sage father.

It worked out pretty well for me except I wasted Gaius and Donnell's Galeforce genes, but Nah was my only important kid who lacked it. And I don't regret not pairing up Nowi with either of those since she and Gaius had no chemistry and DonnellxNowi was aight but nowhere as good as Lon'quxNowi.

I tried shipping based purely on skills, and to a lesser degree stats, on my 2nd run and I didn't enjoy the supports as much because they were just a means to an end (breeding super soldiers).

I ended up with something similar with my first play-though, both with shipping lonqu and Nowi, for mostly chemistry reasons and partly for better speed and astra. And i also ended up wasting the gale-force fathers, Gaius i think went with sumia, either cause i liked the supports/i ran out of other husbands for her, or a bit of both (think it is this one) And i think i didn't pair donnel, but the gale-force wanting kids already had parents any way. And the good donnel supports already were paired i believe. I had some bad pairings though stat-wise though, but bad for kids isn't that bad overall really. Edited by goodperson707