Grinding in Hoshido

gayserbeam

Has anyone found any good or efficient ways to grind yet? The "Encounters" that are appear between chapters have enemies at really low levels, and even my lesser units only get about 1-5 exp per kill. The bosses only give 60 exp at best.

Spending gold to generate encounters doesn't seem to make them any stronger, either.

Has anyone found a way to grind that is efficient and comparable to the Tower of Valni in FE8 or even the Reeking Boxes in FE13? I'm on chapter 12.

Edited by gayserbeam

Unfortunately, castle skirmishes also have low exp gain, and are really impractical for grinding because the map is huge and invaders will use their turns attacking your buildings instead of your units.

Hmm, seems that they really don't want you to grind exp.

Streetpass seems to be the only one left, even then, not sure.

I think the storyline battles still give decent to good exp in any case though..

So grinding seems to be mostly for money, and money is power anyway.

And the Dragonvein points, can't forget the Dragonvein points

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Then just use the team you want and go through the game, grinding wasn't really needed in Awakening (even in L+).

I mean if you have the patience to grind then do it, but I doubt its a necessity.

The game's a lot tougher than Awakening, even in the Hoshido path, but grinding isn't really necessary, no. But I do like to grind and max out my characters.

The only reliable grinding so far is having one character wait and then having Akua sing to them so she gains 15 exp, but seventeen levels and I don't think she's gained a single HP point...

Can you grind only once per chapter or as many times as you want?

Every chapter, a bunch of random encounters appear on the map. You can pay gold to make more appear, whenever you want. It costs anywhere from 1200-2500 gold, depending on the map space, but you'll get gold during the fight so you'll never run out of money by the mid-game.

Thanks for info! And sorry to be a bother, but I got another question, do these random encounters only give gold, or do they also give random items, like the random encounter bosses of awakening?

Thanks for info! And sorry to be a bother, but I got another question, do these random encounters only give gold, or do they also give random items, like the random encounter bosses of awakening?

Mostly just gold. Weapons are only really dropped in story chapters in FEif. At least up to chapter 14, random enemies just hold money.

Seems dlc will be grindvile.

Are there stuff like reeking boxes?

There is a menu option "seek the enemy" on the map, where you select a map location and an enemy spawns there, just like a reeking box. The amount of money and strength of the enemy depends where you summon them, unlike reeking boxes.