ROFL topic

What do you think of FE9 Rolf?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Rofl

• That little bastard? He isn't worth my time, so I bench him or kill him.
    • I've had good and bad experiences with him.
    • Rolf is god. Anyone who says otherwise is a whore.
  2. 2. What about Shinon?

• Shinon's better
    • Shinon and Rolf are interchangable
    • Shinon's awful

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rolf sucks. Shinon is awful, but better than Rolf.

What is this strange usage of "suck"? Doth it have a differing implication where you hail from?

In that case, Oscar sucks! Titania sucks! Jill, Ike, Kieran and Marcia suck! You suck! I suck!

Carry on, my good man, and may you all suck! ^_^

What is this strange usage of "suck"? Doth it have a differing implication where you hail from?

In that case, Oscar sucks! Titania sucks! Jill, Ike, Kieran and Marcia suck! You suck! I suck!

Carry on, my good man, and may you all suck! ^_^

that's a lot of sucking...

It seems that whenever I use Rolf, he dies very easily. But I'm horrible at 'babying' units and I have other units to use BEXP on. Shinon isn't much better, but he comes better and I've been able to use him easily. Ergo, I prefer Shinon.

Just so you know, I normally design a playing style that encourages Archer use - but Rolf dies from other archers attacking him not long after he is recruited. And Soren/Ilyana suit my indirect needs just fine

Rolf is better than Shinon. He has a ton of room to grow and comes at a point when an archer could help with all the ravens flying around, and archers are probably the easiest class to baby(can be counterattacked.) Shinon comes really late and babying him is a lot harder then Rolf because of his awful bases, even if his growths are better. Shinon basically needs to get several perfect level ups, or else he's going to be pretty lame. With Rolf...you have a lot of time to raise him and you can afford a few crappy level ups, which probably won't happen because his growths are rather good.

Also, if this is a double post, then I'm sorry. Computer is acting weird.

Rolf is better than Shinon. He has a ton of room to grow and comes at a point when an archer could help with all the ravens flying around, and archers are probably the easiest class to baby(can be counterattacked.) Shinon comes really late and babying him is a lot harder then Rolf because of his awful bases, even if his growths are better. Shinon basically needs to get several perfect level ups, or else he's going to be pretty lame. With Rolf...you have a lot of time to raise him and you can afford a few crappy level ups, which probably won't happen because his growths are rather good.

Also, if this is a double post, then I'm sorry. Computer is acting weird.

Not really, since he's awful at the start and even at best, two-rounded by Ravens and he three-rounds them. Archers are almost constantly pathetic, and Rofl can't be raised at all without massive babying or BEXP abuse.

Shinon at least is helping at start, then becomes awful at rejoin.

Eggman wills it.

On topic: I've used him like...once, and he didn't turn out very good. :/

I plan to use Shinon this playthrough for RD bonuses and also because he's awesome (although I dun liek his racism ;_;).

he has a wicked pink ponytail.

:mellow:

• 3 weeks later...

Rolf always turned out awesome for me ;) He is way better than Shinon...but that is my opinion anyway.

Rolf is hard to level up but he is awesome once he is a sniper...though I don't find it hard to level him up since I use him like every playthrough.