Kamui is (spoilers)?

Taka-kun

...Robin? I heard once or twice in this forums and where does that come from? I know three children characters are reincarnations of three Awakening characters, but where was it implied that Kamui is the reincarnation of Robin? Or is that some wish-thinking?

From their convos with Shara. It's only implied through. Most people are choking it up to "They're just Avatar characters!" but I believe there is more to their relation than that.

Edited by Kamui-of-Nohr

Wouldn't it be more Robin being a reincarnation of Kamui, if I understand what I've heard about the space/time continuum and the two stories placement in it correctly? Doesn't Odin touch on this?

Uh okay, but no one else but Shara mentions it? Nothing similar with Grey or Matoi? Or a passing mention by Luna, Lazward or Odin?

No one has their support conversations yet.

Perhaps they could have the implications too.

Wouldn't it be more Robin being a reincarnation of Kamui, if I understand what I've heard about the space/time continuum and the two stories placement in it correctly? Doesn't Odin touch on this?

That's true but that would means Kamui and Shara is reincarnation of themselves before FEF too.

mybrainhurtsnow.

That's true but that would means Kamui and Shara is reincarnation of themselves before FEF too.

mybrainhurtsnow.

Wait what? Fates takes place before Awakening? Is it talked about in the story (don't tell me what or where) or is it only mentioned in the supports?

Come to think about it, all the avatars lead to Robin...

Well, if they're all the same person, which I highly doubt, then all of them are just as important. There's no 'true form'.

Well, if they're all the same person, which I highly doubt, then all of them are just as important. There's no 'true form'.

At this rate, it will be like in The Legend of Zelda and all those characters possess the "Spirit of the Avatar".

The thing that stood out to me with Shara is her A-Support with a female Kamui. Particularly this section:

SHARA: I've got it... Hm...? That's strange... Long after your life has ended... a shadow closes in upon an azure planet... then... emerges a pair of dragons... and the talisman of my guardian star is there, too...?
What the HELL does that mean? A pair of dragons, and azure planet, guardian star, that's a bunch of weird stuff for her to say, even if she's talking about their next lives. I don't know if IS is just throwing stuff in there, or there's some significance to it.
Edited by Aiddon

The thing that stood out to me with Shara is her A-Support with a female Kamui. Particularly this section:

SHARA: I've got it... Hm...? That's strange... Long after your life has ended... a shadow closes in upon an azure planet... then... emerges a pair of dragons... and the talisman of my guardian star is there, too...?
What the HELL does that mean? A pair of dragons, and azure planet, guardian star, that's a bunch of weird stuff for her to say, even if she's talking about their next lives. I don't know if IS is just throwing stuff in there, or there's some significance to it.

It's reference to Awakening.

Grima and Naga basically.

Either that or it's a teaser to their next game, since I'm unaware of what two dragons emerges against the shadow on azure(blue) planet.

Well I am assuming the azure planet is Earth and the guardian star is the Moon.Not sue about the two dragons hough.

Well I am assuming the azure planet is Earth and the guardian star is the Moon.Not sue about the two dragons hough.

Suddenly, Fire Emblem takes place on Earth? Doesn't this imply that Jugdral is in the same world as Fates as well?

Was thinking of that too, is it possible the dragons are Western and Eastern?

Or Leviathan and Behemoth/Ziz (whichever is more dragon like).

well that could be in reference to the new SMT X Fire emblem which does take place on earth with characters from FE showing up throughout the game. this could be a hint to Kamui showing up there at some point

Edited by nave1194

No one has their support conversations yet.

Perhaps they could have the implications too.

mybrainhurtsnow.

They're in the text dump, but I guess nobody took a look at it yet...

Wait what? Fates takes place before Awakening? Is it talked about in the story (don't tell me what or where) or is it only mentioned in the supports?

This is all speculation based on what people say in support conversations. None of this is said or even referenced in the main story's two paths thus far.

I hope it is not a third path thing. That would be plot suicide.

Edited by Kirokan

They're in the text dump, but I guess nobody took a look at it yet...

This is all speculation based on what people say in support conversations. None of this is said or even referenced in the main story's two paths thus far.

I hope it is not a third path thing. That would be plot suicide.

DLC spoiler

In one of the DLCs you travel to Awakening's world and meet Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick... BEFORE they find Robin in the field.

But then again, Inigo and Owain's support convos implies that it is after Awakening. So its all wibbly wobbly timey whimey.

Edited by TheWerdna

I have feeling that they just put that in the support to cater to fans that married Tharja back in Awakening, with no thought of actually connecting Fates with Awakening.

I do wonder if Shara, Matoi and Grey has unique conversations with amiibo Robin though.

DLC spoiler

In one of the DLCs you travel to Awakening's world and meet Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick... BEFORE they find Robin in the field.

But then again, Inigo and Owain's support convos implies that it is after Awakening. So its all wibbly wobbly timey whimey.

Seriously? : ( Sigh... but I guess if it's DLC and such its still hopeful that it's not really part of the game...right? Right? : (

Well thanks for telling me anyway. : )

Honestly this feels just like they wanting to "cash in" (for lack of a better word) Awakening's popularity rather than something they wanted to do with the story. Owain, Inigo and Severa appearing is neat in itself, but the color swap parents just look like they were thrown in. Do they even have any relevance in Hoshido?

Seriously? : ( Sigh... but I guess if it's DLC and such its still hopeful that it's not really part of the game...right? Right? : (

Well thanks for telling me anyway. : )

Officially the timeline makes zero sense anymore. Because....

You have repeated instances of evidence that the versions of Inigo, Owain, and Severa in the game are the same ones from Awakening, but then you have Owain talking about the time Grima was originally defeated as being in the far future. Then DLC where they go to Awakening's timeline and meet up with Awakening characters like, 2-3 days before they found Robin. How does this even work!?!?

I really hope Japanese fans want someone to come along as explain this mess as much as I do, since that's probably the only way any of us will ever get to the bottom of this.