Lack of Fan Art?

Okay, I know that this is early to be looking, and the devs have already provided us with beautiful sprites in both 2D and 3D, but then again we have character customizers and things to already use the amie program on a desktop, as well as so much of the dialogue translated at this point.

Why do we have all this and so little fan art?

Edited by SilentSavior

Odd, a friend was showing me some impressive artwork of Orochi and a few other characters a few days ago.

Check pixiv?

EDIT: Checked!

If you don't know Japanese, just write ファイアーエムブレムIF in the search bar and have fun looking for fan art. There's lots of it. Just be wary and turn the adult filter off if you don't want any of...that. xD

Just a few examples on the first page alone!

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=51168755

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=51166355

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=51182037

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=51161974

Edited by Kirokan

Have you managed to find much Nohr artwork? Almost all the stuff I've found has been Hoshido related, except for Camilla, which I truly have little interest in.

Note: I have never head of pixiv to be honest. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places...

Edited by SilentSavior

Have you managed to find much Nohr artwork? Almost all the stuff I've found has been Hoshido related, except for Camilla, which I truly have little interest in.

Note: I have never head of pixiv to be honest. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places...

I thank you all for you help here. I will look to be a little less ignorant in the next threads I post :)

Pixiv is where a lot of Japanese post their art, so it helps knowing Japanese (or you can go to wiki, find the Japanese name there, and paste it in)

Please do not worry about looking ignorant. Everybody starts somewhere, and I am just glad we could point you in the right direction. : )

You can also go to Japanese Miiverse for the game, a lot of really great art there!

I'm the opposite

everyone on my dash makes nohr fam pics (and they are very cute) but I want some lobsterfam too :c

at least i can make my own

Edited by Thor Odinson

There is no lack of fanart for this game. And yeah, Nohr family dominates the fanart scene right now, but i feel like that is going to change once more people (in Japan) play Hoshido and Third Path. But there has always been a huge amount of fanart for Azura and of Marx.

Also the Kamui customizer took me far less time to code than if I were to make quality art

Art takes more time than programming and that's saying something because programming time can get long af

I, too, am finding little fanart and I am on pixiv and tumblr everyday. I would expect to find a lot for Marx but it seems so little compared to what I'm used to. I also see very little of Takumi but I get the feeling not a lot of people like him? I'm assuming I'm looking in the wrong places. xD