Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

Does anyone know how to make the best Mitama? I'm on my 2nd playthrough of the 3rd route and have yet to use her and want to try, but Idk who makes a good mother. I assume she stays in her war priestess class? If so what skills would work well with that?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure who you married Nishiki to, since he and Kaze can't marry each other. (They'd make a hell of a good kid if they could though. +6 speed with Ninja and Spellcaster access? Sign me up.)

Hana, Rinkah, Felicia and Orochi are left in addition to Aqua. I would give Aqua either to Kaze or Tsukuyomi though. Both of their kids benefit a lot from Aqua's speed boost and Pegasus access.

Sophie would also do really well with Hana as her mother. Samurai access is great and if she's so inclined, Hana can A+ with Setsuna to pass Prescient Victory or Bowfaire, depending on what ending class Sophie will be in.

Oops! I mean Hana! Not Kaze... ugh...

Does anyone know how to make the best Mitama? I'm on my 2nd playthrough of the 3rd route and have yet to use her and want to try, but Idk who makes a good mother. I assume she stays in her war priestess class? If so what skills would work well with that?

Mitama would actually be better as a physical beater. Her base strength growth is higher than her magic growth, and her father's base strength mod(2) is 5 points higher than his base magic.(-3. Yes, the healer has a -3 magic mod. No, I don't know why, either.) Orochi!Mitama will only have a magic mod of 1, so you might want to emphasize the stats that she is good at. Fortunately, giving her good stats is not a problem. The hard part is to give her a good class to take advantage of them.

Effie is actually a really good mom for Mitama. Effie!Mitama gets 6 strength, 3 speed, alright defenses (1 def, 0 res) and -2 magic. Asama can A+ with Arthur and pick up Axefaire as a possible inheritance, turning Mitama into a very solid General or Great Knight.

Hinoka is not a bad option either. She has 4 strength, 3 speed, and better defenses (1 defense and 3 res) so while she's not quite as strong as Effie!Mitama, she is still very respectable. She can pick up Swallow Strike on her own, allowing for Hinoka and Asama to pass down some really good skills. (Asama can pass Breaking Sky from Tsukuyomi/Nishiki, freeing Hinoka to pass Lancefaire or something else)

Failing that, Mitama has a bunch of really good marriage candidates. Shinonome and Hisame give her some good options like Basara and Trueblade. It may be worth having her A+ with Kanna so that she can get access to something like Berserker though, should you opt to use that class as your secondary.

I think I should post something so if the abilities that reduce health by a certain percent stack:

Let me introduce Debuffqueen Kinu!

-Snake Venom (from marriage with gurei)

-Deadly Breath (inherited from oboro A+Berka)

-Four Fangs (Ninetailed Fox)

-Copycat (gurei)

-Puppet Breaker (gurei)

-[Playtime]

Copycat puppet and puppet breaker are mostly filler.

so the max she would reduce the opponents hp are 65% combined with a debuff shuriken the opponent is f*cked

Hello! I'm bit new here on the forums, and out of pure curiosity, I had a couple of questions regarding optimization in Fates, so I thought this would be the place to ask.

1) When Fates comes to America, I'm almost certainly going to choose Aqua as my waifu. What would be the best class for my planned +MAG -DEF Avatar to choose to ensure that Aqua is as close to being optimized as possible, yet still allowing him to wreck face? Also, would it be possible for that class to bring Shigure as close to "best" as he can get?

2) In the Invisible Kingdom path, I hear it is possible for the royals of Nohr and Hoshido to marry among each other (Ryoma x Camilla, Marx x Hinoka, et cetera). What would be the most optimized pairings between the two families? I recall a question like this maybe 10-ish pages back, but I can't remember if it was answered or not.

Sorry about the waves of questions, and thanks in advance.

Hello! I'm bit new here on the forums, and out of pure curiosity, I had a couple of questions regarding optimization in Fates, so I thought this would be the place to ask.

1) When Fates comes to America, I'm almost certainly going to choose Aqua as my waifu. What would be the best class for my planned +MAG -DEF Avatar to choose to ensure that Aqua is as close to being optimized as possible, yet still allowing him to wreck face? Also, would it be possible for that class to bring Shigure as close to "best" as he can get?

2) In the Invisible Kingdom path, I hear it is possible for the royals of Nohr and Hoshido to marry among each other (Ryoma x Camilla, Marx x Hinoka, et cetera). What would be the most optimized pairings between the two families? I recall a question like this maybe 10-ish pages back, but I can't remember if it was answered or not.

Sorry about the waves of questions, and thanks in advance.

Well I know I saw something about Leo x Sakura for 2.

Well I know I saw something about Leo x Sakura for 2.

That sounds like it'd work.

I wonder if anyone's posted a skillset for that pairing as of yet...

I have a personal preference for +Str avatars, but would a +Spd benefit Shinonome more? It's nice that Ryouma stacks both stats, but Shinonome's speed growth is kinda meh by himself. I'm willing to go +Spd on an optimization run if that presents a clear advantage over +Str, but if it doesn't I'm gonna do my thing.

Speaking of +Str though, usually I prefer to slightly take a hit in speed for maximum muscle (personal preference thing) and take it out of Mag or Res, but would a +5/+2 str/spd spread be more beneficial than a +6/+1 str/spd spread for Shinonome? (I'm aware I can hit +6/+2 but I'd prefer it if I don't have to go -Def, I enjoy letting myself tank)

And yeah 3rd route royals can marry each other

Also A+ their counterparts

That sounds like it'd work.

I wonder if anyone's posted a skillset for that pairing as of yet...

While not a skillset, I believe the most optimal for pairing up the two royal families are...

Leo x Sakura

Ryouma x Elise

Takumi x Camilla

Xander x Hinoka.

While not a skillset, I believe the most optimal for pairing up the two royal families are...

Leo x Sakura

Ryouma x Elise

Takumi x Camilla

Xander x Hinoka.

I've heard a bit of debate over who's better for Ryouma with the candidates of Elise and Camilla. If you don't mind my asking, TheWerdna, what makes Elise the better Nohrian partner for the aforementioned Lobster Lord?

I've heard a bit of debate over who's better for Ryouma with the candidates of Elise and Camilla. If you don't mind my asking, TheWerdna, what makes Elise the better Nohrian partner for the aforementioned Lobster Lord?

Only by virtue of her not being as good a pair for Takumi. Ryouma's kid, Shinonome, can promote to Basara which uses magic and lance. This is compared to Kisaragi, Takumi's kid, who is best as a physical character. Sure, you could give him a shinning bow, but there are better characters to go the magic based archer route.

In the end, Camilla is a better option for both Ryouma AND Takumi than Elise. Its just that Camilla!Shinonme is about as good as Camilla!Kisaragi, while Elise!Shinonome is a bit better than Elise!Kisaragi.

I will get back to you on your Azura question when I have a chance.

Edited by TheWerdna

Only by virtue of her not being as good a pair for Takumi. Ryouma's kid, Shinonome, can promote to Basara which uses magic and lance. This is compared to Kisaragi, Takumi's kid, who is best as a physical character. Sure, you could give him a shinning bow, but there are better characters to go the magic based archer route.

In the end, Camilla is a better option for both Ryouma AND Takumi than Elise. Its just that Camilla!Shinonme is about as good as Camilla!Kisaragi, while Elise!Shinonome is a bit better than Elise!Kisaragi.

I will get back to you on your Azura question when I have a chance.

That makes sense.

That makes sense.

Alright, so here is all of the information about Azura as a unit (putting it here to help me figure this out)

Skills she always gets: Luck + 4, Special Song, Voice of Peace, Foreign Princess, Swallow Strike, Eastern Heart, Rally Speed, Mirror Strike, Soar, Sun God

If she A+s with Sakura she also gets: Miracle, Rally Luck, Magic Counter, Renewal, Rally Magic, and Tomefaire

If she A+s with Elise she also gets: Resistance +2, Demoiselle, Rally Resistance, Battle Command, Servant's Joy, and Tomebreaker

As you can see, her skills are basically all support based, as is her personal skill. Now, it would be possible to build her as a more offensive unit, but to do so would mean to both take advantage of Kamui's chosen class as well as DLC classes (the Great Lord DLC class might be a good choice here).

Offensive Azura would look something like this. Lancer or Spellcaster as Kamui's seconadary class. From the Great Lord DLC class pick up Aether and Awakening. From Basara get Flamboyant and Breaking Sky. Round the set off with Tomefaire/Lancefaire (depending on the tree you took) or Swallow Strike. Who her A+ support is doesn't matter.

Not quite sure on what skills would be good for an support Azura. Someone else will need to give suggestions here.

In the end of the day she can get any skill if you abuse the whole, buying skills from other players version of the same character thing.

So, a character can only have one A+ support and it goes one way? For example, if I A+ support Azura to Sakura, Azura can no longer A+ Elise, right? But Sakura could A+ Elise, because it goes one way. After she does she could not A+ support anyone else, right? Still haven't fully understood A+ supports and buddy seals :x

Also, what'd be the best secondary class for Kamui if her S support was Nishiki? A few days back I searched for "nishiki" in the thread but I didn't see this question asked. And just to be sure. the best asset and flaw would be Speed/Luck, because Speed/Magic gives -1 to both Speed and Res, and with Speed/Luck the negative luck would usually be -3, but your asset being Speed makes it -1.

Alright, so here is all of the information about Azura as a unit (putting it here to help me figure this out)

Skills she always gets: Luck + 4, Special Song, Voice of Peace, Foreign Princess, Swallow Strike, Eastern Heart, Rally Speed, Mirror Strike, Soar, Sun God

If she A+s with Sakura she also gets: Miracle, Rally Luck, Magic Counter, Renewal, Rally Magic, and Tomefaire

If she A+s with Elise she also gets: Resistance +2, Demoiselle, Rally Resistance, Battle Command, Servant's Joy, and Tomebreaker

As you can see, her skills are basically all support based, as is her personal skill. Now, it would be possible to build her as a more offensive unit, but to do so would mean to both take advantage of Kamui's chosen class as well as DLC classes (the Great Lord DLC class might be a good choice here).

Offensive Azura would look something like this. Lancer or Spellcaster as Kamui's seconadary class. From the Great Lord DLC class pick up Aether and Awakening. From Basara get Flamboyant and Breaking Sky. Round the set off with Tomefaire/Lancefaire (depending on the tree you took) or Swallow Strike. Who her A+ support is doesn't matter.

Not quite sure on what skills would be good for an support Azura. Someone else will need to give suggestions here.

In the end of the day she can get any skill if you abuse the whole, buying skills from other players version of the same character thing.

Interesting.

I was already thinking about Spellcaster for a offense-oriented Aqua (and because Breaking Sky for Kamui), but I'm not really sure I want to lose all support-based options.

For support Aqua, all I can think of is A+ Elise, use Battle Command, Servant's Joy, Sun God, Voice of Peace, and Foreign Princess on Aqua as a Falcon Warrior; however, that doesn't make use of her hubbie's class via Marriage Seal. I'm sure whatever class she COULD use would be a vast improvement to what I have.

And what you recommended for offense Aqua seems like it would work quite well, considering that she has dodgetank potential and some not-too-bad Skill growths.

Hmm... Any advice from anyone is welcome.

Interesting.

I was already thinking about Spellcaster for a offense-oriented Aqua (and because Breaking Sky for Kamui), but I'm not really sure I want to lose all support-based options.

For support Aqua, all I can think of is A+ Elise, use Battle Command, Servant's Joy, Sun God, Voice of Peace, and Foreign Princess on Aqua as a Falcon Warrior; however, that doesn't make use of her hubbie's class via Marriage Seal. I'm sure whatever class she COULD use would be a vast improvement to what I have.

And what you recommended for offense Aqua seems like it would work quite well, considering that she has dodgetank potential and some not-too-bad Skill growths.

You know, there's a thread dedicated to determining Azura's best class. It's more or less dead right now, but the OP put up all the information regarding Azura, and some people suggested builds as well.

Interesting.

For support Azura, you could grab Ninja or Herb Merchant as Kamui's class, giving her copycat puppet. So then you have two support Azuras running around doing support things.

Thinking about it, you'd build her something like this: Battle Command, Sun God, Voice of Peace, Demoiselle, and Copycat Puppet.

Edited by TheWerdna

For support Azura, you could grab Ninja or Herb Merchant as Kamui's class, giving her copycat puppet. So then you have two support Azuras running around doing support things.

Thinking about it, you'd build her something like this: Battle Command, Sun God, Voice of Peace, Demoiselle, and Copycat Puppet.

That could be really dangerous though, given Azura's incredibly low defense. You're essentially exposing her to twice as much risk. At first I thought that this was still a viable strategy nonetheless, since Azura can stay in the back...

But the Treehouse clip shows us that Nohr splits up units into various groups, and forces them to deal with their respective enemies. I haven't played Nohr yet, so I could admittedly be barking up the wrong tree, but it seems like Nohr is aiming to attack from all sides. So having two vulnerable Azura's feels like a very risky move.

That could be really dangerous though, given Azura's incredibly low defense. You're essentially exposing her to twice as much risk. At first I thought that this was still a viable strategy nonetheless, since Azura can stay in the back...

But the Treehouse clip shows us that Nohr splits up units into various groups, and forces them to deal with their respective enemies. I haven't played Nohr yet, so I could admittedly be barking up the wrong tree, but it seems like Nohr is aiming to attack from all sides. So having two vulnerable Azura's feels like a very risky move.

I was unaware the puppet dying also kills the main unit

I don't have the game, so I don't really have a good sense of necessary survivability thresholds, damage thresholds, etc…. perhaps you guys could analyze this for me…

As those following the thread probably know already, I have a predilection for using magic, even though I know that Kamui/Corrin is more of a physical type, and I also fit the adjectival descriptor for +MAG (intelligent) is the most true to myself. Likewise, I feel that the -STR or -DEF descriptors (lacks power or can't take a beating) are also the truest descriptor of what I'm actually like, and thus it feels good to have my Avatar reflect me in that sense…. I was thinking of -DEF, despite how dangerous it could be, such that at least the Yato wouldn't be further weakened than it already is by focusing on MAG over STR…..

I did a calculator of predicted average 20/20 stats following from the following:

19 gained levels of Nohr Prince

1 gained level of Pegasus Warrior (for Swallow Strike, from wife)

18 gained levels of Dark Knight (for tome access while still being able to use Yato)

[i don't necessarily need to exactly follow this pattern; a level or two of difference here and there wouldn't make a huge change to the overall picture}

20/20 Dark Knight stats, average, predicted, before any stat boosters:

43.65 HP, 31.65 Str, 32.8 Mag, 27.1 Skl, 27.95 Spd, 24.2 Lck, 22.1 Def, 17.55 Res

+Mag/-Def Dark Knight Max Stats:

55 Hp, 32 Str, 35 Mag, 28 Skl, 29 Spd, 30 Lck, 31 Def, 31 Res

But of course, we'd want to factor in Yato:

20/20 Dark Knight stats, average, predicted, before any stat booster consumables, but augmented by Yato - Sky, unequipped:

43.65 HP, 31.65+2=33.65 Str, 32.8 Mag, 27.1 Skl, 27.95+2 = 29.95 Spd, 24.2 Lck, 22.1 Def, 17.55 Res

20/20 Dark Knight stats, average, predicted, before any stat booster consumables, but augmented by Yato - Sky,equipped:

43.65 HP, 31.65+2=33.65 Str, 32.8 Mag, 27.1 Skl, 27.95+3 = 30.95 Spd, 24.2 Lck, 22.1-1=21.1 Def, 17.55-1=16.55 Res

20/20 Dark Knight stats, average, predicted, before any stat booster consumables, but augmented by Yato - Hoshido, unequipped:

43.65 HP, 31.65+4=35.65 Str, 32.8 Mag, 27.1 Skl, 27.95+4 = 31.95 Spd, 24.2 Lck, 22.1 Def, 17.55 Res

20/20 Dark Knight stats, average, predicted, before any stat booster consumables, but augmented by Yato - Hoshido,equipped:

43.65 HP, 31.65+4=35.65 Str, 32.8 Mag, 27.1 Skl, 27.95+5 = 32.95 Spd, 24.2 Lck, 22.1-1=21.1 Def, 17.55-1=16.55 Res

Skills known: Noble Lineage, Dragon Fang, Swallow Strike, Bind, Devilish Wind, Magic Seal, Lifetaker

How well or poorly would a set of stats like this turn out in the Hoshido route?

Naturally, I could shore up weak points by using stat booster items with favoritism if necessary on Kamui/Corrin, which might not be a bad idea, as its often good to show a bit of favoritism to your lord like that.

But how is it without that… are my defense too weak because of my DEF flaw? Or does the fact that I've done most of my growth in +10% and +15% Def classes and my choice of class give me enough durability?

Dark Knight is naturally slow and would have trouble doubling, but I'm feeling that access to Yato's stat boosts, as well as Horse God if necessary, plus Swallow Strike from my character's wife, could help ease that issue…. is my conclusion correct, or will I still have trouble?

EDIT: Horse God stat mods:

20/20 Dark Knight stats, average, predicted, before any stat booster consumables, but augmented by Yato - Sky, unequipped: + Horse God, equipped

43.65 HP, 31.65+2=33.65 Str, 32.8 Mag, 27.1+3 = 30.1 Skl, 27.95+5 = 32.95 Spd, 24.2 Lck, 22.1+3 = 25.1 Def, 17.55+3 = 20.55 Res

20/20 Dark Knight stats, average, predicted, before any stat booster consumables, but augmented by Yato - Hoshido, unequipped: + Horse God, equipped

43.65 HP, 31.65+4=35.65 Str, 32.8 Mag, 27.1+3 = 30.1 Skl, 27.95+7 = 34.95 Spd, 24.2 Lck, 22.1+3 = 25.1 Def, 17.55+3 = 20.55 Res

Edited by astrophys

I want take advantage of Midoriko's Lucky Charm personal skill by maximizing her luck and get skills like Flamboyant, Easy Life, Fortune, Smithy Skill, and Stubbornness on her. I pretty sure I asked this in another thread, but are there any good potential mothers I can pair with her father, Kaze, to maximize both her luck and speed growth rates and stats?

Hinoka has fairly high speed and luck, as well a +1 speed mod.

Oboro also has decent growths here and also passes down Lance Fighter (and thus Basara/Flamboyant access), AND she also A+ supports with Rinkah to pass down Smithy Skill that way… she has a +1 Spd mod, but the catch is she has a -1 Lck mod.

EDIT: Anyone have any opinion on my +MAG/-DEF Dark Knight 20/20 from two posts ago?

Edited by astrophys

Also, I think I've also asked this in another thread, but is Sakura better as a War Priestess or as a Maid via marriage support from Jakob? And if I go with third route, which characters are best classed into the Maid class?

Also, is it a good idea to make Elise into a Maid, or better as a Strategist?

I don't have the game, so I might be wrong, but I might think Strategist so that she can exploit her really high magic growth for use with Tomes.

EDIT:

Again, any thoughts on the Dark Knight build from post #595?

Edited by astrophys