Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

Well, A+ skills, or, if they don't get both of their parent's respective classes, passing down a skill form the class that isn't inherited.

Example: Ryouma is a Samurai/Pegasus Warrior, right? Shinonome gets Lancer and inherits Samurai but not Pegasus Warrior…. so Ryouma might want to choose if he wants to pass down Pegasus Warrior skills or A+ support skills or his marriage seal skills.

Yeah that too, but in case the non-inherited class doesn't provide anything useful, buddy seals can really expand their options

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, I just read according to the wiki the the "Nohr" still only works with passive battle skils. Can anyone confirm this or not?

Nope. Gayserbeam, a member here who has the game, says it's proc only skills.

She doesn't want Chrom's hair... That's the last thing she wants, is to be related to him.

Lol yeah that didn't really come out the way I intended. Whatever, no regrets. Besides, this is Fire Emblem Fates we're talking about, when has such a trivial thing like "being related" ever stopped anyone

Edited by Bovinian

It's not a bad idea. Lance Fighter is a good inheritance class for her, giving Lancefaire and the fun Basara skills, and she cannot get it from any A+ supports. However, from what I've seen, Oboro's Lance Fighter seems to be fairly highly demanded by various kids. My personal recommendation would be Hinoka, because she also passes Lance Fighter to Matoi, where she would typically pass Pegasus Knight to most of her kids.

The mods are comparable. Oboro gives 2 more skill and 2 more defence, while Hinoka gives 1 more luck and 1 more resistance.

I think Mitama makes a more compelling argument for Oboro. She gets a good faire, a good proc, Flamboyant, good classes, +4 str, +3 spd, and +3 def. Compare that to Oboro!Matoi's +1 str and +0 spd (which she will also have with Hinoka).

I personally prefer Oboro's hair color on Matoi, rather than Hinoka's. So there's something.

Also a fair point, but honestly I was planning on Sakura as her mother. I haven't fully chosen yet, and I won't be getting the third version for a while. I don't have any parents on the Hoshido side I'm hellbent on pairing up yet anyway. Hinoka I'm just wondering who I should use for... I won't lie, I was tempted to pair her with Nishiki.

Hi guys!

So for my main runs in Hoshido and Inivisible Kingdom (still unsure about who to marry in Nohr), I was planning to marry Suzukaze, so I'm trying to figure out how to make a great Midoriko since I really want to use her. My main issue is, I don't know what Asset/Flaw and Secondary class Kamui should have. I'm a Magic lover, but I don't know how to feel about how nerfed Magic is for Fates, and I don't really know how useful B-Rank magic weapons would be (I was initially planning on making my secondary class Sorcerer but nty to that now). I was planning on making her secondary class Basara.

I mainly chose +Str to help make up for Kaze's -2 Str mod..

Anywho, I did calculations for +Str/-Lck and +Mag/-Lck and here are the mods for Kamui (Str/Mag/Skl/Spd/Lck/Def/Res):

+Str/-Lck: | +3 | -1 | +2 | 0 | -3 | +2 | 0 |

+Mag/-Lck: | -1 | +3 | 0 | +2 | -3 | 0 | +2 |

and with these, Midoriko would have the following mods:

Kamui with +Str/-Lck: | +2 | 0 | +5 | +4 | -4 | +2 | +1 |

Kamui with +Mag/-Lck: | -2 | +4 | +3 | +6 | -4 | 0 | +4 |

I like the +Mag/-Lck spread on Mido, but I really hate looking at that -2 Str and oh gosh that -4 Lck haha. I would really like for her to at least do some damage on the enemy. If only her Mag growth was a lot better..

On an additional note, I'm not into the idea of having Midoriko's final class being Great Merchant/Puppeteer. I'm still trying to figure out which would be the best alternative, and I was thinking Elite Ninja or maybe even White Blood/Dark Blood (on 3rd Path).

I was also originally planning on marrying her to Shinonome (mainly because I was gonna marry him on a side run so I might as well have the daughter marry him when I can't lmao).

Midoriko's notable skills that she can get with Kamui being the mother (with unknown secondary class), and S-Rank Shinonome are:

Hoshido, Nohr (3rd Path), Defence Seal, Speed Seal, Lancefaire, Breaking Sky, Flamboyant, Lethality, Kunaifaire, Copycat Puppet, Dragon Fang, Extravagance and Easy Life.

And some notable skills that could be passed down from Kaze (from his available class trees):

Vantage, Astra, Swordfaire and Line of Death.

So with these in mind (and with some consideration on a PVP build):

Midoriko @ Elite Ninja:

- Lucky Charm

- Hoshido

- Breaking Sky/Dragon Fang

- Flamboyant

- Kunaifaire

- I was thinking either a recovery skill or Pavise (obtained either by buying or Kamui, or A+ a child unit with access to Knight)

Max Stats:

Kamui with +Str/-Lck: | HP: 55 | 29 | 25 | 40 | 39 | 24 | 28 | 35 |

Kamui with +Mag/-Lck: | HP: 55 | 25 | 29 | 38 | 41 | 24 | 26 | 38 |

I'm so conflicted between the two... but that speed. But the Str for either one is also a huge turn off too...

Also, I'm not that great when it comes to making skill sets so I'm sorry if my planned build sucks (probably does but w/e), but does it seem alright? I still can't figure out which secondary class would benefit Kaze the most too ugh.

Edited by Elif

Does this all look correct so far in terms of how we believe buddy/marriage seals work in this case? Example: Would Foleo pass dark mage?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A85dc6IWtpHnyzicFGC-qPKCdvRde6xNI9xRp9CA6zM/edit?usp=sharing

My impression for Buddy Seals is that if the buddier has access to the base class of the buddy... ee, then it's functionally the same as a Parallel Seal. Shigure wouldn't benefit from A+ Foleo at all since Buddy Seal would give Rod Knight. A similar principle would apply to Kinu A+ Shara.

They may be a bit different depending on what tier of promotion they are in though. My best guess is that if Butler Shigure uses a Buddy Seal with Foleo, it would give him the option of going Strategist rather than any Dark Mage class. For a tier 1 promotion, I have no idea whatsoever because presumably it would only give the one option for the base class so there needs to be more research done on this with the game.

I'm not sure if Fox Spirit is passed down to Shigure. I know it can be passed to Kanna, but it's one of those finicky special classes that maybe only certain units can get. Nishiki would probably pass Spellcaster in that situation, but I haven't heard any reports confirming what the beastmen would pass down to Shigure.

I'll ask again… any thoughts on magic using asset and flaws…. particularly the flaw….

Also, the secondary class I should pick for this on Hoshido, on Nohr, etc…

Def and Res look like your best bets imo. +Mag/-Def was one of the better combos in Awakening and it gives good modifiers. Defense is pretty much the catch-all flaw in that it hurts neither offense nor does it hurt speed, making it ideal for the mixed offense combo you are suggesting. Dark Knight would work really well, since it has the defense mod to stomach the flaw in question. Basara is a good choice too, although you can't use Yato with it so I might still lean Dark Knight. (And just briefly checking the bases, Dark Knight has a good base defense of 8, so I don't think you should be hurting too much with it) IMO it'd be a choice between Dark Mage, Lance Fighter and Spellcaster. The latter two are better in terms of inheritance, so I would lean to those. Avatar can get Dark Knight in Nohr from an A with Leo/Odin/Nyx depending on gender.

Res could work too, since the stats it hurts are bolstered by the magic asset. I'm personally leery of flaws that hurt speed significantly, but it's your best chance of having a fairly balanced Avatar stat-wise and growth-wise.

Edited by HeoandReo

Im really liking Lazwards new options in invisible kingdom so im gonna do something i came up for Kazehana Soleil (likely gonna be hero)

+3 str

+4 skill

+2 spd

+1 luck

-3def

+1 res

as kazehana has a A+ with elfie Ill put that to use for an inherent Pavise

Lazward will use his A+ with flannel for Axefaire

vantage

line of death

Copycat/galeforce/aegis

This is debatable of course I was considering making her use vengeance from her A + with Ophelia but that would be more suited for perhaps a orochi soleil or if she was elite ninja. then again line of death could always be replaced with perhaps sol/luna

what else coulld I do with her possible skill pool

Edited by ShotaLordNoctis

I had been thinking about -DEF… my only hesitation had been how everyone has been talking about how low HP (and thus survivability) was in this game, and whether I should exacerbate it anymore…. then again, I've heard that many characters can get two hit KO'd towards the end anyways, so in that case so long as the first hit could be survived it wouldn't really matter..

Dark Knight does have ever so slightly lower growths than a White Blood/Dark Blood, of course (80% vs 85%), but that only works out to a net loss of 1.9 stat points by 20/20 on average, an outcome which would easily be outweighed by random stat variances in leveling anyways….. and besides, its not so much total growth rates that matter but how they're distributed…. that, and a magic asset actually gives +5% more in total growths than HP, Str, or Spd assets, and 10% more than a defense/res asset would give, so the total growth level is fairly comparable…. I guess magic gets a bigger boost because they either valued it less in this game for the Avatar or figured that with the low basic growth they needed to make it much larger to make magic viable if you wanted to go that way… while also basically making it unviable without a magic asset….

So, an Avatar would have the following growths:

Personal:

45% HP

45% Str

30% Mag + 20% Mag [from asset] = 50%

40% Skl

45% Spd + 5% Mag [from asset peripheral boost] = 50%

45% Lck - 5% Lck [from flaw peripheral penalty] = 40%

35% Def - 10% Def [from flaw] = 25%

25% Res +5% Res [from asset peripheral boost] -5% [from flaw peripheral penalty] = 25%

Growth Rates for starting class (Nohr Prince), the two promotions that can occur from that, and Dark Knight

Nohr Prince:

60% HP

60% Str

60% Mag

50% Skl

60% Spd

50% Lck

35% Def

30% Res

Class Base Stats:

17 HP, 7 Str, 3 Mag, 4 Skl, 5 Spd, 2 Lck, 5 Def, 2 Res

Avatar Base Stats (before mods):

19 HP, 7 Str, 4 Mag, 7 Skl, 6 Spd, 5 Lck, 6 Def, 2 Res ---> Implies the Avatar gets an extra +2 HP, +0 Str, +1 Mag, +3 Skl, +1 Spd, +3 Lck, +0 Res in bases

Base stats after mods:

19 HP, 7 Str, 7 Mag, 7 Skl, 6 Spd, 5 Lck, 5 Def, 2 Res

White Blood:

60% HP

60% Str

60% Mag

50% Skl

60% Spd

50% Lck

40% Def

25% Res

White Blood Max Stats: 60 HP, 34 Str, 32 Mag, 29 Skl, 32 Spd, 32 Lck, 28 Def, 29 Res

Dark Blood:

60% HP

55% Str

65% Mag

45% Skl

65% Spd

45% Lck

30% Def

40% Res

Dark Blood Maximum Stats: 60 HP, 32 Str, 35 Mag, 28 Skl, 34 Spd, 26 Lck, 26 Def, 33 Res

I suppose that the Yato of Nohr/Invisible could help shore up the defensive weakness to an extent …

Dark Knight:

60% HP

65% Str

60% Mag

45% Skl

55% Spd

45% Lck

40% Def

30% Res

Dark Knight Maximum Stats (after asset/flaw): 55 Hp, 32 Str, 35 Mag, 28 Skl, 29 Spd, 30 Lck, 31 Def, 31 Res

This class is slow, although Hoshido/Invisible's Yato could provide +2 speed to bring one up to 31…. a speed guard-stance pair-up (maybe) or rally speed (definitely) could elevate that up to 35 if need be… maybe I could pull off doubles against enemies (pre-mod) if assisted with Swallow Strike from a buddy or a wife….

Also a fair point, but honestly I was planning on Sakura as her mother. I haven't fully chosen yet, and I won't be getting the third version for a while. I don't have any parents on the Hoshido side I'm hellbent on pairing up yet anyway. Hinoka I'm just wondering who I should use for... I won't lie, I was tempted to pair her with Nishiki.

An interesting use for Sakura that I haven't seen mentioned yet (and my current plan for Hosido route) is as the mother of Gurei. Orochi!Gurei was mentioned a few pages back as a strong Copycat Healer. This is basically that, with marginally worse magic in exchange for notably better speed and better strength growth, which helps if he wants to go offense and/or mixed, rather than full support. He can still get Lance Fighter from A+ Shinonome, if he wants.

Mods are +3 mag, + 3 skl, +2 str, +1 def, +1 luk, 0 spd, - 1 res

Though since you are asking about Hinoka and I am thinking about Gurei, that's also not a bad set-up. Hinoka gives decent mods, upping Gurei's speed without really harming him in any way. He'll still have fair potential on both physical and mag sides of the spectrum, though this one tends more physical. He can still A+ Shinonome for Lancefaire to use with Hinoka's Pegasus tree. Definitely not a bad option.

Mods are +3 str, +3 skl, +1 lck, +1 def, +1 res, 0 mag, 0 spd

Let me know what you guys think.

Edited by anachronism89

Well, if growths get inherited like from Awakening (still must be confirmed), it could end up pretty great, as both Sakura and Saizou have some pretty high growths that would get passed down…

Would Lance Fighter be for something like Lancefaire on Mountain priest?

Also, unrelatedly…

I saw mention on the weapons thread that Yato might work such that it gives certain stat bonuses to Kamui as long as its in his possession (in his inventory) and then gives further stat effects (the regular Katana +1 Spd, -1 Def/Res) if he equips it on top of that:

In that case, if that's true:

+MAG/-DEF Dark Knight, Maxed Stats, Hoshidan (mid-level) Yato in inventory, not equipped:

55 Hp, 32+2 = 34 Str, 35 Mag, 28 Skl, 29+2 = 31 Spd, 30 Lck, 31 Def, 31 Res

+MAG/-DEF Dark Knight, Maxed Stats, Hoshidan (mid-level) Yato in inventory and equipped:

55 Hp, 32+2 = 34 Str, 35 Mag, 28 Skl, 29+2+1 = 32 Spd, 30 Lck, 31-1= 30 Def, 31-1= 30 Res

If you threw in a Swallow Strike, you'd be able to double unmodified Heroes and anything of equal or lesser speed

If you were considering the version of Yato on the Invisible Route:

+MAG/-DEF Dark Knight, Maxed Stats, Invisible Kingdom (mid-level) Yato in inventory, not equipped:

55 Hp, 32+2 = 34 Str, 35 Mag, 28 Skl, 29+2 = 31 Spd, 30 Lck, 31+2 = 33 Def, 31 +2 = 33 Res

+MAG/-DEF Dark Knight, Maxed Stats, Invisible Kingdom (mid-level) Yato in inventory and equipped:

55 Hp, 32+2 = 34 Str, 35 Mag, 28 Skl, 29+2+1 = 32 Spd, 30 Lck, 31+2-1 = 32 Def, 31 +2 -1 = 32 Res

In both cases, if necessary, Horse God could give you +3 Speed, +3 Skill, +3 Def, and +3 Res, at the cost of a weaker attack power…. that could bring your speed up to 34….

Im really liking Lazwards new options in invisible kingdom so im gonna do something i came up for Kazehana Soleil (likely gonna be hero)

+3 str

+4 skill

+2 spd

+1 luck

-3def

+1 def

as kazehana has a A+ with elfie Ill put that to use for an inherent Pavise

Lazward will use his A+ with flannel for Axefaire

vantage

line of death

Copycat/galeforce/aegis

This is debatable of course I was considering making her use vengeance from her A + with Ophelia but that would be more suited for perhaps a orochi soleil or if she was elite ninja. then again line of death could always be replaced with perhaps sol/luna

what else coulld I do with her possible skill pool

Soleil works very well marrying Kisaragi in Invisible Kingdom. Marrying Gurei gives overlap, but she would appreciate the offensive boosts given from Prescient Strike and Bowfaire if she's ending as a Bow Knight or Holy Bowman. Hero and Bow Knight are certainly not bad class options for Kisaragi either. Golden Kite skills lead a bit more towards support, but they could still work nicely.

An interesting use for Sakura that I haven't seen mentioned yet (and my current plan for Hosido route) is as the mother of Gurei. Orochi!Gurei was mentioned a few pages back as a strong Copycat Healer. This is basically that, with marginally worse magic in exchange for notably better speed and better strength growth, which helps if he wants to go offense and/or mixed, rather than full support. He can still get Lance Fighter from A+ Shinonome, if he wants.

Mods are +3 mag, + 3 skl, +2 str, +1 def, +1 luk, 0 spd, - 1 res

Though since you are asking about Hinoka and I am thinking about Gurei, that's also not a bad set-up. Hinoka gives decent mods, upping Gurei's speed without really harming him in any way. He'll still have fair potential on both physical and mag sides of the spectrum, though this one tends more physical. He can still A+ Shinonome for Lancefaire to use with Hinoka's Pegasus tree. Definitely not a bad option.

Mods are +3 str, +3 skl, +1 lck, +1 def, +1 res, 0 mag, 0 spd

Let me know what you guys think.

I think that Sakura!Gurei may actually work out better than Orochi!Gurei for healing purposes. Most of the main skills are intact (copycat, healing abilities and auras) and the modifiers are used a bit better in my view. Also frees up Orochi for any other kid who might want her. (Which would be Ophelia and um... that's about all that comes to mind. But Orochi!Ophelia is notable.) Orochi is a little better for offensive potential due to higher skill and Breaking Sky, but Sakura is probably better for defensive ability thanks to the higher speed.

Incidentally, while the healing Gurei is dependent on an A+ with Deere, Sakura herself can actually pull of a competent healing/support set in Gurei's place if he decides to A+ with Shinonome. Sakura/Saizou gives a class set of Priestess/Pegasus/Ninja, and Sakura can A+ with Elise to get Rod Knight line. She can run a set of Copycat, Sun God, Servant's Joy, Battle Command and Tomefaire. Little Cheer is a very good aura, and synergizes well with the other auras from Rod Knight.

There are a lot of first gens who are viable this time compared to Awakening thanks to really good personal skills, so they would be worth exploring in an optimization setting as well. (Ryoma, Hinoka, Arthur, Pieri, Charlotte and Mozume all come to mind based on personal skills alone. Setsuna and Nishiki are also worth mentioning if they gets the right classes.)

Edited by HeoandReo

Would defensive formation or swallow strike (class inheritence from femui) be more useful on kisaragi with his inherited -2 speed stat? Or both somehow? I kind of want to not even bother trying to fix his speed stat and just give femui a STR or SKL asset, but..Then again, I'm still a bit iffy on marrying Takumi. XD what is the speed you need to reach to not be doubled?

There are a lot of first gens who are viable this time compared to Awakening thanks to really good personal skills, so they would be worth exploring in an optimization setting as well. (Ryoma, Hinoka, Arthur, Pieri, Charlotte and Mozume all come to mind based on personal skills alone. Setsuna and Nishiki are also worth mentioning if they gets the right classes.)

Ah yes, personal skills. The factor I have been foolishly overlooking for much of my theorycrafting. I like that they give extra direction, considering just how daunting "optimization" feels compared to Awakening's more limited options. And I definitely agree that it's an exciting new frontier to be considering the optimization of first gens.

Somewhat relatedly, I have another question. I read somewhere (<- my new catchphrase) that Kamui can A+ to any same-sex unit. Can we confirm this to be true? If so, does this work the other way around? Meaning: can any same-sex unit A+ to Kamui and gain his/her secondary class?

I ask mainly because I'm thinking of doing a magic-based Kamui on the Nohr path with Spellcaster as the secondary. I would love to be able to vomit Tomefaire and the Basara skills all over the magic units on that route, by having them all A+ me. This would benefit Elise, Nyx, Ophelia, and Eponne as Kamui(F) or Odin, Leo, and Foleo as Kamui(M). But it sounds too good to be true.

Ah yes, personal skills. The factor I have been foolishly overlooking for much of my theorycrafting. I like that they give extra direction, considering just how daunting "optimization" feels compared to Awakening's more limited options. And I definitely agree that it's an exciting new frontier to be considering the optimization of first gens.

Somewhat relatedly, I have another question. I read somewhere (<- my new catchphrase) that Kamui can A+ to any same-sex unit. Can we confirm this to be true? If so, does this work the other way around? Meaning: can any same-sex unit A+ to Kamui and gain his/her secondary class?

I ask mainly because I'm thinking of doing a magic-based Kamui on the Nohr path with Spellcaster as the secondary. I would love to be able to vomit Tomefaire and the Basara skills all over the magic units on that route, by having them all A+ me. This would benefit Elise, Nyx, Ophelia, and Eponne as Kamui(F) or Odin, Leo, and Foleo as Kamui(M). But it sounds too good to be true.

Kamui can't A+ with any unit; instead, he can use Buddy Seals to get classes from anyone (of the same gender) he has an A support with. The A+ rules still apply to everyone else, so nobody can get skills from Kamui through Buddy Seals. Kamui's spouse can still get access to Kamui's secondary class through a Marriage Seal.

Which is why I feel that the most important consideration when choosing Kamui's secondary class at the beginning is what will benefit Kamui's spouse the most, as well as Kanna, since Kamui himself can get almost any class anyway and nobody else can take advantage of it.

Edited by Bovinian

Kamui can't A+ with any unit; instead, he can use Buddy Seals to get classes from anyone (of the same gender) he has an A support with. The A+ rules still apply to everyone else, so nobody can get skills from Kamui through Buddy Seals. Kamui's spouse can still get access to Kamui's secondary class through a Marriage Seal.

Sigh, I figured as much. I am basically having the same internal struggle as astro regarding a magic Kamui.

Clarification for Kamui: he/she has to pick one Buddy from all A supports, or he/she can buddy around indefinitely with all A support partners (of the same gender)?

Edited by anachronism89

Im curious and I was thinking of starting a whole other thread but I figured to ask here:

who does mozume work best with? I was originally considering her leaving her but when I saw now that her villager class gives promotion I felt the need to know if any 2nd gens benefit from her rather odd class options

should I use her just for skills that she gives or do some 2nd gens actually reap good benefits from her mods?

I can definitely see weap master and Golden kite being some gems of her class set but what else?

Edited by ShotaLordNoctis

Would defensive formation or swallow strike (class inheritence from femui) be more useful on kisaragi with his inherited -2 speed stat? Or both somehow? I kind of want to not even bother trying to fix his speed stat and just give femui a STR or SKL asset, but..Then again, I'm still a bit iffy on marrying Takumi. XD what is the speed you need to reach to not be doubled?

Kisaragi's personal skill gives him +4 speed and +8 luck when he Waits, so that can cover him for enemy phase.

Anyway, I wouldn't be terribly concerned about doubling/not being doubled - the fastest builds can run Swallow Strike to double even clones of themselves, assuming that the amount of speed needed is still 5. Speed-focused builds can reach frankly ridiculous thresholds. (+Spe/-Def Azura!Kinu!Kanna as Nine Tailed Fox with Beaststone+ hits 50 iirc and 55 with Swallow Strike, without taking tonics, etc. into account) Obviously the high speed kids are going to have significant advantages. There's no way around that.

It's a little too soon to determine what speed would be ideal, but for now I probably would put the threshold to about 33/34 to be safe. That will protect you from enemies who have 38/39 speed, which can be reached through moderate modifiers + fast class (ex. Trueblade Camilla!Shinonome) or high modifiers + slower class (ex. Azura!Kinu Basara).

Thankfully, even with the lower speed mod, Kisaragi does have a few classes that would put him in this 'safe' zone. Even if his -2 mod is maintained, Holy Bowman gets to 35 if Positive Thinking is used, Holy Lancer gets to 34.

Im curious and I was thinking of starting a whole other thread but I figured to ask here:

who does mozume work best with? I was originally considering her leaving her but when I saw now that her villager class gives promotion I felt the need to know if any 2nd gens benefit from her rather odd class options

should I use her just for skills that she gives or do some 2nd gens actually reap good benefits from her mods?

I can definitely see weap master and Golden kite being some gems of her class set but what else?

Mozume has loads of potential. She may even be viable on her own in PVP. She can run Extravagance, Line of Death, Prescient Victory and a faire for what may be a +29 offensive boost, assuming that all of them stack. An A+ with Oboro completes her perfectly, since she'll get Breaking Sky from the deal too.

Her mods are also pretty decent. She doesn't hurt strength or magic, she's one of the few moms who boosts skill and speed, and her only downside is -2 res. I can see her working best either with a somewhat slow child with good offensive potential (Matoi, Gurei, Siegbert) or a child with very high offensive modifiers from their father. (Deere, Velour) Or a child with otherwise balanced offensive mods. (Sophie, Lutz)

Her personal skill also heals 20% on most areas with terrain bonuses, so even in a PVP she could last a while.

---

Speaking about first gen builds, at the moment I'm trying to figure out what to do for Pieri. I do have some builds drafted up for Arthur and Charlotte,(crit support and crit offense respectively) but Pieri's Killer Instinct is actually a really good skill to take advantage of. If she defeats the enemy, she gets Str/Mag/Skl/Spe + 4. Just putting down her classes, I'm thinking of a few options to try to take advantage of this

-Cavalier - gets standard Cav stuff (Open Assault, Luna, Diamond Strike)

-Dark Mage - not sure. Maybe Vengeance or Lifetaker?

-Samurai (Hinata marriage) - Access to Trueblade for speed, Vantage, Astra, Swordfaire, Line of Death

-Ninja (Kagerou A+ or Kaze marriage) - Copycat, Elite Ninja is also a possible option for a class

-Fighter (Charlotte A+ or Arthur/Flannel marriage) - Berserker, Axefaire

-Spellcaster (Nishiki marriage) - Entirely for Breaking Sky

Galeforce from Dark Falcon is also necessary for her to take full advantage of her skill. Of course that will depend on whether or not you only get the class once like I've heard. Then she'd have stiff competition for it. Azura's singing could work too in that case.

Maximum speed that she can reach with her mods is 36 from Trueblade/Elite Ninja. Ninja has a bunch of good skills but Elite Ninja has low caps. Copycat could be obtained from the Logbook, so that's covered if she wants to use it. As a Trueblade, her stats look like this:

Mods: 31/28/31/36/33/25/33

When she gets a kill, Str/Skl become 35, and Speed becomes 40.

Berserker is good too.

Mods: 41/25/31/34/25/25/27

Str becomes 45, Skill becomes 35, and Speed becomes 38.

As a physical attacker, maybe she might run something like Luna, faire, Copycat, maybe Line of Death, and something else (Astra, Breaking Sky, etc.)

If Killer Instinct lasts on enemy phase, she could be a good Witch or Basara with Vantage/Vengeance. It's dicey but it could work, especially with that 65 HP on Basara. Depending on her husband, she could nab either Vantage or Tomefaire from the Logbook, and maybe Line of Death too. Witch would give her more speed and magic to hit harder at base. Basara's higher HP could be better as a safety net or to do more Vengeance damage, though. She does have to marry Nishiki to end as a Basara though, which may hurt Kinu's options.

Edited by HeoandReo

Kisaragi's personal skill gives him +4 speed and +8 luck when he Waits, so that can cover him for enemy phase.

Anyway, I wouldn't be terribly concerned about doubling/not being doubled - the fastest builds can run Swallow Strike to double even clones of themselves, assuming that the amount of speed needed is still 5. Speed-focused builds can reach frankly ridiculous thresholds. (+Spe/-Def Azura!Kinu!Kanna as Nine Tailed Fox with Beaststone+ hits 50 iirc and 55 with Swallow Strike, without taking tonics, etc. into account) Obviously the high speed kids are going to have significant advantages. There's no way around that.

It's a little too soon to determine what speed would be ideal, but for now I probably would put the threshold to about 33/34 to be safe. That will protect you from enemies who have 38/39 speed, which can be reached through moderate modifiers + fast class (ex. Trueblade Camilla!Shinonome) or high modifiers + slower class (ex. Azura!Kinu Basara).

Thankfully, even with the lower speed mod, Kisaragi does have a few classes that would put him in this 'safe' zone. Even if his -2 mod is maintained, Holy Bowman gets to 35 if Positive Thinking is used, Holy Lancer gets to 34 .

Thanks so much. Extremely helpful. :)