Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. Even thought I don't have the game, I was thinking of my Avatar's stats and wanted to see how good/bad she would be...

Femui

1st Class: White Blood

2nd Class: Dragon Rider (Should I take Peg Warrior instead? Or something else?)

+Luck, -Res (Is lucky, thickheaded)

Skills

Personal Skill (Charm... Charisma.... something like that.)

Cut Through (if Dragon Rider gets it)

Deadly Breath (if Dragon Rider promotes to Revenant Knight)

I also was thinking about Tsubaki...

Since his Skill and Defense have 50 and 45 respectively, as their growths, a class that takes advantage of those would be good. Skill means good crit/hit chances and Defense means tankiness.

Obviously he will have to rely mainly on his Str, since his Magic isn't that great.

Since I'm likely to only get Hoshido, maybe marrying Oboro would be good for him.

This passes on Lancer, which can promote to Holy Lancer.

The other option for him is Setsuna, which would give Bowman/Holy Bowman to him. I personally think he would make a good archer, with his Skill/Def growths.

Does the F!Avatar pass on her secondary class?

She does, and since you're going Hoshido, I'd take Wyvern Rider with you, since you can't get it otherwise in Hoshido.

Whose the best mother for Midoriko? Both modwise and class wise, although I will be using the logbook for skills.

Anyone who has naturally high luck growth, to take advantage of her personal Lucky Charm skill, and anyone who has access to skills activated by Luck. The best option is having Oboro get Buddy Support with Rinkah to pass down the Smithy Skill, then have Midoriko gain acesss to the Basara and Great Merchant skills: Flamboyant, Easy Life, and Extravagance. Finally, have Midoriko get support with male/female Kanna where your Avatar has the Mercenary class as the secondary to access Stubborness skill. This skill combination is only possible in the Hoshido and Invisible Kingdom route.

You also need to class her into a class that has naturally high luck cap. Maid, Great Merchant, Dark Falcon, Paladin, General, Hero, Basara, Falcon Warrior, Golden Kite Warrior, and War Priestess are good class options for Midoriko.

Nohr is a little harder since you really don't have access to many skills that activate based on Luck. However, as long as you secure the Basara class's Flamboyant skill via Kanna, you can have Kaze marry someone like Elise, Felicia, Effie, and Charlotte to maximize her Luck stat.

Edited by Dark Paladin X

I know I've discussed Matoi and my Avatar a lot, but I want to approach it from a different direction.

In my prior considerations, I've been considering taking a Dark Mage secondary class, and I've been considering a +MAG and either -LCK or -DEF (or even -STR)… basically, assets and flaws that I have adjectival descriptions that I think are fitting to me: "Is bright/intelligent" (+MAG) for the strong point and "can't take a beating" (-DEF) or "lacks power" (-STR) corresponding to my real-life physical weakness. -LCK, "is unlucky" isn't particularly a description of me, but it fits Corrin's situation extremely well given the whole being kidnapped by Nohr and then forcing to choose between two families situation.

I still want to definitely go with the +MAG asset and one of these three flaws… but I was thinking about class choices… use see, while Dark Mage/Dark Knight does get sword/tomes, Dark Blood in Nohr/Hoshido also achieves that effect (and while weaker defensively is much faster in growths and caps). And even White Blood can use the Dragonstone for magic damage.

I was wondering if there could perhaps be better choices for my secondary… particularly, better choices for use in passing onto Kanna or for giving to Hinoka!Matoi via marriage seal.

Samurai makes little sense as that would deny Matoi benefit of marriage seal classes (she already has Samurai) and Corrin can just A+ with Ryouma or Hinata to get it on Hoshido/Invisible.

I could take a class that I have no intention for the avatar using at all if for example it means giving easy access of a good class to Matoi and Matoi!Kanna…..

Dark Mage appeals to me still, and I might very well go with it anyways, but stepping away from my biases for a moment, what do you think would ACTUALLY be my best pick for a secondary class with a +MAG asset, one of -STR, -DEF, or -LCK (obviously, which one could have a major role), and married to Matoi.

I know I've discussed Matoi and my Avatar a lot, but I want to approach it from a different direction.

In my prior considerations, I've been considering taking a Dark Mage secondary class, and I've been considering a +MAG and either -LCK or -DEF (or even -STR) basically, assets and flaws that I have adjectival descriptions that I think are fitting to me: "Is bright/intelligent" (+MAG) for the strong point and "can't take a beating" (-DEF) or "lacks power" (-STR) corresponding to my real-life physical weakness. -LCK, "is unlucky" isn't particularly a description of me, but it fits Corrin's situation extremely well given the whole being kidnapped by Nohr and then forcing to choose between two families situation.

I still want to definitely go with the +MAG asset and one of these three flaws but I was thinking about class choices use see, while Dark Mage/Dark Knight does get sword/tomes, Dark Blood in Nohr/Hoshido also achieves that effect (and while weaker defensively is much faster in growths and caps). And even White Blood can use the Dragonstone for magic damage.

I was wondering if there could perhaps be better choices for my secondary particularly, better choices for use in passing onto Kanna or for giving to Hinoka!Matoi via marriage seal.

Samurai makes little sense as that would deny Matoi benefit of marriage seal classes (she already has Samurai) and Corrin can just A+ with Ryouma or Hinata to get it on Hoshido/Invisible.

I could take a class that I have no intention for the avatar using at all if for example it means giving easy access of a good class to Matoi and Matoi!Kanna..

Dark Mage appeals to me still, and I might very well go with it anyways, but stepping away from my biases for a moment, what do you think would ACTUALLY be my best pick for a secondary class with a +MAG asset, one of -STR, -DEF, or -LCK (obviously, which one could have a major role), and married to Matoi.

for magic asset go for dark mage as you get a lot of cover especially making up strength due to the yato bonuses

bonuses which I did for my IK Hinoka!Matoi also of course magic helps Kanna a lot! Plus you can get the class you didn't choose from buddy seals.

Edited by SapphireFalconWing

Honestly, I think a +Str asset would be better.Not only are both Light Blood and Dark Blood both offensively based, but really a +Mag Kamui is going to be either a)More of a tank using Dragonstones or b)A mediocre Dark Blood who uses tomes even though their are way better magic users.However it is really up to you.

I think a -Luk flaw would be bad as it affects both your offensive mods bringing them down to +3 rather then +4.-Def flaw is probably the best only really hindering well Def.Luk is -1 and Res is also -1 while Def is -3.Nothing else is affected.

As for secondaries, I would say Cav primarily for Matoi.Matoi already has SF an LF, and Luna is just as good as Astra when proc-stacking.Really Dark Mage gets nothing for both Kanna and Matoi.Another option is Merchant for stuff like Extravagance which can mesh well with LoD and can make a different set-up when not using Great Lord.Or maybe Ninja.

Well, yes, Cavalier is a thought I had in the back of my head…. you are quite right that Matoi would really like that class. Of course, she can also get that class from Sophie, although if she gets it from Avatar then she could get a different class from someone else, so that does have merit.

And Avatar can also use Yato in Cavalier… I suppose as well that while Cavalier has non-existent magic growth, a +MAG Paladin would still have a 50% personal growth, so perhaps they could still get away with abusing a Shinrai Nagainata (the magic lance).

So yes, Cavalier would be a nice idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

As for +MAG, its just really because I like the concept… but yes, +STR plays to the existing strengths that Corrin has… I'll admit that.

EDIT: Lots of math, analyzing the feasibly of the build I've been discussing in battling the final boss on Lunatic, 3rd route.

Although +MAG growth would basically set up 45% and 50% personal growths for STR and MAG…. so this is MAG on the order of Sakura or Nyx (not as extreme as someone extreme like Orochi or Elise, but still on the level of some of the dedicated spell casters ) while also having a 45% STR growth, which is around that which many physical units use… basically, they're enough growths to support a hybrid approach…. I think… I don't actually have the game, so I cannot fully be sure; I'm theory crafting.

Anyways, White Blood has 15% Str and 10% MAG growth, so that brings BOTH to 60% growths.. which is obviously worse than what characters like Orochi and Elise get (they get more with their personal) but unlike these characters he actually has the STR to attack defense effectively. Dark Knight brings us to 65% Str and 60% Mag. Dark Blood gets 55% Str and 65% Mag growth under these conditions.

Now, yes, you're right, -LCK drags down growths by 5% each for offenses, and caps by -1. -DEF makes you frail (-1 starting DEF, -10% DEF growth, etc, which is -4.8 DEF on average by 20/20, although only -3 when caps finally reached). -LCK lets you keep the defenses, but hurting both offenses.

+MAG/-DEF is +0 STR, +4 Mag, +0 SKL, +2 Spd, -1 Lck, -3 Def, +1 Res.

+MAG/-DEF Hinoka!Matoi!Kanna is +1 Str, +4 Mag, +2 Skl, +2 Spd, -1 Lck, +0 Def, +3 Res

+MAG/-LCK is -1 Str, +3 Mag, +0 Skl, +2 Spd, -3 Lck, +0 Def, +2 Res

+MAG/-LCK Hinoka!Matoi!Kanna is +0 Str, +3 Mag, +2 Skl, +2 Spd, -3 Lck, +3 Def, +4 Res.

A +MAG/-DEF Avatar going through Nohr Prince and then Dark Knight (assuming no other class changes to keep the calculations simple) should get up to 31.75 STR on average by 20/20; such a Dark Knight has a cap of 32 STR. The Dark Knight actually has a better STR growth than a White Blood (20% vs. 15%).

I predict a 20/20 Avatar under the same circumstances would have the following:

Nohr Prince has a base 3 magic, but Corrin is recruited with 4 magic according to the data on this site, so he seems to get a personal base of 1 MAG to enhance this. +MAG asset gives +3 magic extra in starting stats, leaving him at 7.

Dark Knights have a base 6 magic. Given the apparent personal +1 MAG base of Corrin, plus +3 from MAG assets, his effectively makes +MAG Dark Knight Corrin have 10 magic after these modifiers. Then 19 levels as Nohr Prince (60% magic) and 19 levels as Dark Knight (60% magic) gets us up to 32.8 magic on average. His cap would be 35 magic.

A STR asset would give +2 starting STR and an extra 15% growth, so yes, there is a very real cost of not taking that… 7.7 Str by 20/20. But you wont' actually get the full gain from this because you'll ram against the caps. But yes, Yato will still do absolutely better here.

The MAG asset gives +3 starting magic and 20% extra growth, so on the other hand that gives +10.6 MAG than would have otherwise been gained….

But still, +MAG still should produce 31 STR in this example…. add in +2 attack from B rank Weapon rank if still Dark Knight. Add +20 from Yato in the 3rd path (final form, for final boss). 53 attack.

Rally Strength from someone: +4 attack

Strength Tonic used in prep screen: +2 attack

+5 in further attack boosts in any combination of sources (examples: Bewitching Flower + Encouragement, take 4 levels in Trueblade for Swordfaire [for use with Levin Swords, etc.], , pair-ups, etc.]

TOTAL: 64 Attack

Final Boss' Defense on Luantic: 36

Damage before Dragonskin: 28

Damage after Dragonskin: 21

(You actually only need to reach 63 attack by any means to deal 20 damage to the final boss per hit with Yato).

Is the unit fast enough to double?

Avatar has 7 starting speed and Nohr Prince has a class base of 5, so it seems the Avatar gets 2 free personal points in his personal bases. Dark Knight has 5 base speed, so the Avatar's personal would raise that to 7. 60% speed growth (45%+5%+10%) as +MAG Nohr Prince and 55% as Dark Knight gets us up to 28.85 SPD by 20/20 (the cap is 29). Lets call this 28 SPD. Yato raises us to 32 SPD. Now, a bonus of +4 (from pair-ups, from tonics, rallies, etc.) is all we need to get to 36 SPD, which is what we need to get to double the final boss.

So the final boss will be doubled.

Conclusion: The final stage of the final boss can be one-rounded by such a unit.

Like this:

Attack final boss. Deal 21 x 2 damage (42 damage).

Heal Corrin if needed (like a Mend or Recover Staff),

Have Aqua dance for him.

Attack final boss again. Deal 21 x 2 damage (42 damage). Boss has taken 84 damage. Boss has only 80 HP. Boss is dead.

As such, the STR should be sufficient.

Actually, even a 38 Attack White Blood (which also benefits from weapon rank for +1 more attack), Yato, and the same +4, +2, and +5 bonuses I assumed for the prior case (to keep them at equal footing) gets us up to 70 attack. It deals 25 damage per hit against Dragonskin… it STILL takes 4 hits to kill he boss under these conditions (of course, you could stack even more attack to make it take 3 attacks, but you'd still need two sets of combat and thus be danced). A 36 STR Dark Knight (+STR asset) would get to 67 attack on these conditions, so only 23 damage per hit… it also takes 4 hits to kill the boss.

So I honestly think that you would have enough attack power in STR to do the job with Yato even with a +MAG instead of +STR.

Now, the final boss has a 70 avoid rating. Yato has 85 Hit.

Dark Knight gets 26 SKL under these conditions by 20/20. -DEF Dark Knight gets 24 LCK. (it does have somewhat week growths here). Those should give 51 Hit.

So that would give 51 Hit + 85 Hit -70 avoid. So that would be 66% stated hit. But wait! Dark Knight learns Bind: When fighting adjacent to an enemy, enemy’s Avoid -20.

So the formula becomes 51 Hit + 85 Hit - (70-20) Avoid = 86% stated hit.

So we have 14 hit left to get 100% accuracy.

There are a few ways to handle this (either alone or in combination):

a.) Gunther can grant +15 Hit and +3 avoid with Absolute Offense. This solves the hit issue all on its own.

b.) Rally Luck can give +8 Luck, or +4 Hit; Rally Skill can give +4 Skill, or +6 Hit; the two of them together can give +10 hit.

c.) Adjacent units giving you dual support hit bonuses.

d.) Secret Book and Goddess Icon used on your character will elevate your hit by 5.

e.) Benoit's Intimidate drops enemy avoid by 10

So it would be feasible to get 100% hit rate, with Bind helping substantially here. The loss of 5% skill and luck growth relative to White Blood would only cost this much hit: 19 levels of 5% skill: 0.95 skill --> 1.425 Hit. 19 levels of 5% luck--> 0.95 Luck -> 0.475 hit. So going Dark Knight cost you 1.9 Hit total, but having Dark Mage as your secondary let you get Bind, which drops the enemy avoid by 20. That more than offsets it.

Ability to survive against the boss:

17.4 RES predicted (+MAG/-DEF) --> 17 RES

43.8 HP --> 43 HP

22.25 DEF --> 22 DEF

The final boss has 48 magical attack in its last form. 48 - 17 = 31 damage. Avatar survives.

Its prior form has 66 physical attack. 66 - 22 = 44 damage. So his seems more problematic… Avatar dies (left at negative 1 HP). But wait! We have plenty of tools available: Def Tonic (+2) --> Avatar survives. Dracoshield --> Avatar survives. HP Tonic --> Avatar survives. Seraph Robe --> Avatar survives. Sakura's personal or Elise's personal --> Avatar survives. Rally Defense --> Avatar survives. etc.

Mend restores 20+MAG/3 (and maybe some staff rank effect). 33 MAG Mend can heal the magical damage the Avatar takes in the final battle completely. Recover with 0 magic can do the same (35 HP).

So, overall, I'd imagine that it would be sufficient for beating the final boss in Lunatic.

Could there be better builds? Yes. Will it do good enough? I think so, unless someone see a major flaw in my reasoning.

EDIT: Kanna could be a +2 SPD, Swallow Strike Sorc or something if she wanted to. That's a build she could pull off with Dark Mage and Pegasus parents. Then either Kinu or Mitama could get her Tomefaire if she wanted to…

So that means a 31 SPD Sorc with Excalibur (+5 double ability, so she can double 31 SPD foes) + Swallow Strike (+5 more double ability, can double 36 SPD foes)…. As a Witch, she could double 41 SPD foes.. before tonics, rallies, pair-up, etc. And she'd be doubling them with a Tome that has the same critical rate as a killer weapon… that sounds like it could be an interesting build… if +MAG/-DEF, you'd get 40 MAG too as a Witch… 39 if -LCK . A Witch with Tomefaire.

Or, even in Dragon form, Kanna could use Bind to offset the hit rate issues caused by the -SKL penalties of Dragonstone. Devilish Wind is a way of increasing Dragonstone damage (no fair for it exists) that also may apply to tomes or Levin Swords (Dark Blood or White Blood). Although of course the +2 damage boost isn't as strong as say Patient Assurance, but it is an Aura that effects everyone.

Dark Knight does offer Magic Seal, which is applicable to certain sealing builds or counter-magic builds. And it also offers Lifetaker for more self-sustainability (as a stronger healing but conditional alternate or supplement to Renewal).

Edited by astrophys

I'm trying to build a good War Preistess build for my Eponine on my Nohr run. (I know, weird, but i love that class) anyone have any ideas about mothers? or if its possible with a A+ FKamui? I was thinking maybe Elise for the mother if its possible, but im not sure.

I'm trying to build a good War Preistess build for my Eponine on my Nohr run. (I know, weird, but i love that class) anyone have any ideas about mothers? or if its possible with a A+ FKamui? I was thinking maybe Elise for the mother if its possible, but im not sure.

Avatar is the only mother (or spouse) who can pass down War Priestess to Eponine, since no one can A+ with the Avatar themselves.

That being said, Elise is probably a good choice. Her growths are really high in the magic department, so Eponine can work well with staffs.

I was thinking of making Dark Mage as my Secondary Classes for MU

((Not sure if you can use another Kamui as a Unit on PvP/Online Battles???))

Making as a Good Sorcerer, and A tanky Sorcerer

And What kind of Skill Sets should I use for MU Sorcerer in if/Fates?

+Skill, and -Luck

Class: Sorcerer

Skills Sets: Swallow Strike/Defensive Formation

Copycat Puppet

Resistance Seal?/Strength Seal?/Dragonic Curse?

???

???

Edited by Tide of Waves

Well, is your idea with +SKL intended to offset the lower skill that Sorcs normally have, as well as a small defense bonus? Your magic growth will only be 50% as a Sorcerer with +SKL/-LCK (30% default personal - 5% from personal due to flaw + 25% class growth due to Sorcerer = 50% magic growth)… and you Sorc will cap out at 34 MAG and 29 SPD.

+MAG would give you 39 MAG at cap and would boost your max speed to 31… also, you'd get a 75% magic growth as a Sorcerer…

Avatar is the only mother (or spouse) who can pass down War Priestess to Eponine, since no one can A+ with the Avatar themselves.

That being said, Elise is probably a good choice. Her growths are really high in the magic department, so Eponine can work well with staffs.

Ah i see, well that solves some problems lol. Thank you! Anyone know a good skill set to get on her?

I've started thinking, instead of marrying Zero, I'll marry Flannel. Any good Hoshidan classes to pass onto him? I might stick to Spellcaster to get Basara and Tomefaire for Dark Blood.

Edited by Ebony

Alright, so I've just about paired up all my characters and am quite satisfied with all of them...

except for....Kinu ; A ; who I really like, which is a huge shame.

After reading the posts on here and getting advice from various users, I paired off Nishiki with Setsuna,

but have somehow ended up with a subpar Kinu who can't take damage nor deal it.

And now I'm scratching my head wondering what went wrong;

These are her current base stats (nothing equipped), and I'm planning on keeping her as a nine-tailed fox for her endclass.

kimu.jpg

so yeah, with her equipment, I can get her skill and speed very high (her luck remains high as well)

but her strength, magic, and defense stats remain very very low. Did I screw her over as a nine-tailed fox ? ; A ;

if so, what would be the best class for her ?

alskdfj it breaks my heart though because I had a really good Rinka!Kinu nine-tail in my last run

*I can raise her skill and speed to 35 and 44 max, but her defense and resistance are lowered, I believe

Alright, so I've just about paired up all my characters and am quite satisfied with all of them...

except for....Kinu ; A ; who I really like, which is a huge shame.

After reading the posts on here and getting advice from various users, I paired off Nishiki with Setsuna,

but have somehow ended up with a subpar Kinu who can't take damage nor deal it.

And now I'm scratching my head wondering what went wrong;

These are her current base stats (nothing equipped), and I'm planning on keeping her as a nine-tailed fox for her endclass.

kimu.jpg

so yeah, with her equipment, I can get her skill and speed very high (her luck remains high as well)

but her strength, magic, and defense stats remain very very low. Did I screw her over as a nine-tailed fox ? ; A ;

if so, what would be the best class for her ?

alskdfj it breaks my heart though because I had a really good Rinka!Kinu nine-tail in my last run

*I can raise her skill and speed to 35 and 44 max, but her defense and resistance are lowered, I believe

Hmm quite the conundrum.Really Setsuna!Kinu is a pretty good pairings so don't worry about screwing you Kinu cause you gave her the wrong mother.You were just badly RNG screwed.Maybe through a bit of stat boosters onto her.With Aptitude she will end up fine it will just take a good bit of grinding is all.If you want an alt class I would say Holy Bowman.It allows her to be quick and powerful(Plus Zanshin which is broken as fuck).Cause remember Child Seals have RNG too and Kinu would have most liely been exactly like this without the use of a child seal.

Hmm quite the conundrum.Really Setsuna!Kinu is a pretty good pairings so don't worry about screwing you Kinu cause you gave her the wrong mother.You were just badly RNG screwed.Maybe through a bit of stat boosters onto her.With Aptitude she will end up fine it will just take a good bit of grinding is all.If you want an alt class I would say Holy Bowman.It allows her to be quick and powerful(Plus Zanshin which is broken as fuck).Cause remember Child Seals have RNG too and Kinu would have most liely been exactly like this without the use of a child seal.

Oooh okay thank goodness, that's a relief ! ; U ;

I thought I did something wrong even though I planned so much and got a ton of good advice aha

Yeah, I got aptitude on her a few days ago after some minor panicking, hoping that it would help; hasn't yet, but surely it'll come in handy later on !

aah yes, since I reclassed Kisaragi to lodestar recently, I do need another holy bowman, so that sounds like a good backup plan !

but I completely forgot to take into account the fickleness of RNG xD

thanks for the help again though, I'm feeling a lot more reassured now !! You are a lifesaver ヽ(o♡o)/

I thought I did something wrong even though I planned so much and got a ton of good advice aha

Yeah, I got aptitude on her a few days ago after some minor panicking, hoping that it would help; hasn't yet, but surely it'll come in handy later on !

aah yes, since I reclassed Kisaragi to lodestar recently, I do need another holy bowman, so that sounds like a good backup plan !

thanks for the help again though, I'm feeling a lot more reassured now !! You are a lifesaver ヽ(o♡o)/

Your welcome :3

The RNG in this game seems to be really harder.People are reporting missed attacks at 80% hit rate.It's no doubt that levels are also more strict.

Yeah, that's one of the downsides of Setsuna. Her mods are great, but her growths are bad. It should pay off once Kinu is maxed out, though.

So I am torn between 2 possible builds for Aqua!Kanna and I would like input on which one you guys think would be most viable.

Option 1) Aether, Vantage, Awakening, Hoshido, Nohr. In this she would be running around with another unit rocking Luna, Breaking sky, Pavise, and Aegis. Downside is that positioning would sometimes make this less useful.

Option 2) Aether, Vantage, Awakening, Breaking Sky, Hoshido. Would be theoretically less powerful than the alternative build, but would be more consistant as she could operate on her own.

Whose the best mother for Mitama? And is she better as a physical unit or magic?

definitely not Magic. her father already shoves a -3 Mag modifier on her before her mother is even factored while giving her +2 Str

Is Setsuna or Kagerou a better mother for Shinonome? Does he want the speed or strength more?

personal preference and depends what role you want him to fill. personally would go for Speed

Is Setsuna or Kagerou a better mother for Shinonome? Does he want the speed or strength more?

Personally, Shinonome would be better with Kagerou.