Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

Rinkah!Shara is tricky, because she can be (in my opinion) the best user of Nosferatu in the game, but it requires Invis/Logbook and DLC, but I suppose DLC can be bypassed if you don't have it/it isn't out in 2016. She will want Dark Mage, Samurai, and Knight for Sorcerer (or Shura/Dark Knight with Shadowgift DLC) Vantage, and Defensive Formation. Shadowgift or Counter/Tomefaire/Defensive Formation/Vantage/Vengance like it's 2013. However, since that isn't possible without logbook, you might just want to go for a +Dmg Basara build with Orochi and Samurai (Extrav/LoD/Easy Life/Tomefaire/Aggressor).

It's doable without logbook in invisible kingdom.

Tsukuyomi A+ Benoit for Defensive Formation. Shara S Hisame for Vantage and A+ Ophelia for Dark Mage. Honestly she comes with her own Shura anyway so you don't really need Rinka for it unless you're in it for the def cap or something.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's doable without logbook in invisible kingdom.

Tsukuyomi A+ Benoit for Defensive Formation. Shara S Hisame for Vantage and A+ Ophelia for Dark Mage. Honestly she comes with her own Shura anyway so you don't really need Rinka for it unless you're in it for the def cap or something.

Yeah Defense is the main thing I had in mind. I was trying to find a use for Ninja outside of Copycat, which she doesn't really have room for, but I digress.

So I think I've created a monster. My Takumi is a Sniper with Flamboyant, Breaking Sky, Astra, Vantage and Bowfaire - he's A+ with Leo and has access to Bowbreaker, and is married to Kazahana. Essentially, I aim Takumi at something and it dies without fail, since he always activates a skill, and both Astra and Breaking Sky are good against armored units, especially with his high critical hit rate.

So I think I've created a monster. My Takumi is a Sniper with Flamboyant, Breaking Sky, Astra, Vantage and Bowfaire - he's A+ with Leo and has access to Bowbreaker, and is married to Kazahana. Essentially, I aim Takumi at something and it dies without fail, since he always activates a skill, and both Astra and Breaking Sky are good against armored units, especially with his high critical hit rate.

Jesus.Your Takumi scares me.How many maxed stats?

Edited by Azz01

Astra's weak against armored o_o

for comparison, for every 2 pts of Def the enemy "gains"

Luna: loses 1 dmg overall

Breaking Sky: loses 2 dmg overall

Astra: loses 5 dmg overall

Astra's weak against armored o_o

for comparison, for every 2 pts of Def the enemy "gains"

Luna: loses 1 dmg overall

Breaking Sky: loses 2 dmg overall

Astra: loses 5 dmg overall

The thing is, it gives him so many opportunities to land a critical hit, and since his damage is so high anyway, an Astra essentially guarantees even a General's demise.

Man with 4x critical on killer weaponry doesn't Astra effectively 10x damage if you land every critical

which is hilariously overkill unless you have like, single digit damage to start with I guess

which also isn't a Takumi thing fucker does enough as is

The thing is, it gives him so many opportunities to land a critical hit, and since his damage is so high anyway, an Astra essentially guarantees even a General's demise.

Astra is only better depending on how many crits you'd need to kill.

5 crits: 101% crit minimum (Breaking Sky would kill 100% of the time as well)

4 crits: 87% crit

3 crits: 51% crit

2 crits: 14% crit

1 crit: 1% crit

so as long as Astra needs 3 or more crits to kill (since 51% isn't a reasonable number to reach in general), Breaking Sky is better

in PvP, max stat general requires 4+ crits to kill with S Rank Bow Astra and the %Crit rates you can reach are basically single digit

Man with 4x critical on killer weaponry doesn't Astra effectively 10x damage if you land every critical

which is hilariously overkill unless you have like, single digit damage to start with I guess

which also isn't a Takumi thing fucker does enough as is

well if you did 10 dmg and Breaking sky/Luna does 25 (which are reasonable numbers at cap stat, then Killer crit would make that 100, which is also 10x, no?

Edited by GoXDS

I'm not the one who argued for it's better, simply noticing that it can reach 10x compared to the 7.5x from earlier games

Luna does have poor distribution on Hoshido characters, so there's that

BS comes with Takumi and there's no real downsides to having several procs to stack with, either, since that's what the Flamboyant build is all about anyway. Either way, it's dead enemy or dead enemy. They're all dead. RIP in pieces. etc.

though I do wonder what the priority of Breaking Sky is. if it's higher than Astra, then you're going to have a pretty low chance of getting Astra off (Takumi Holy Bowman would have 57% Breaking Sky, 8.17% Astra, 34.83% chance neither). if Astra has higher priority, base dmg (no skill procs) needs to be 12 or higher on average to be better (and proc rates: 19% Astra, 46.17% Breakng Sky, 34.83% neither)

I've been giving it more thought

Not all pairings are completely determined yet

Invisible Kingdom, 1st gen or Avatar x 2nd gen pairings only:

1. Ryouma x Rinkah

This pairing is chosen for Ryouma's benefit, as his Rajinn Katana likely offers sufficient advantage to make him worth using over his son: Lancebreaker [helps against weapon triangle disadvantage] from Blacksmith (shares sword ranks with Trueblade) and also Rinkah offers a class with lots of STR and DEF (Shura) as well as personal DEF pair-up bonuses; these DEF bonus should get up to 6 (4+2). This helps cover up one of Ryouma's key weaknesses when in guard stance together.

2. Takumi x Camilla: +3 STR, +5 SKL, neutral speed (salvaging from Takumi's -2). A Camilla support where she really isn't obsessing over Corrin. Deadly Breath could easily be inherited onto Kisaragi to give his ranged bow attacks some extra softening power. Kisaragi also technically has the faire to support a Lancefaire Wyvern Lord if he wants to.

3. Saziou

4. Tsubaki x Hinoka

Lancefaire/Breaking Sky for both Subaki and Matoi. Better overall growths than Oboro's. Matoi, who is now a Hoshidan princess as a result, becomes a flight-capable Dragon's Vein user if she choose to use this capacity. No negative mods, and Prodigy will be able to active fairly often.

Also personal preference for redhead Matoi and I ship Luna with someone else anyways.

5. Asama

6. Hinata x Pieri

Swordfaire for Pieri; Hinata can use swords in Cavalier classes. Pieri has good resistance growth and Hisame's personal skill can also boost RES. One of the supports where Pieri's psychotic, murderous nature doesn't really come into play…

7. Tsukuyomi x Nyx

Fast, high magic Shara with Tomefaire + Sorcerer access. Disadvantages are low skill and luck growth, so accuracy could be an issue. Parents also get each other's classes.

8. Nishiki x Mozume

Mozume gets Spellcaster, which thus means Basara, which gives her Breaking Sky while sharing a Lance rank. If Kinu reclasses, she'll have an abundance of lance classes so that she can change between them fairly freely without constant weapon rank issues. Mozume gives a +4 SPD Kinu and doesn't exacerbate her DEF penalty.

9. Jakob x Azura

High skill and speed kids (mods). Jakob gets Pegasus + Rod Knight combination option (anti-magic, more staff class options). Shigure gets faction parallel Wyvern Rider to help a rally build.

10. Kaze

11. Silas x Oboro

Silas and Sophie can pick up Lancefaire from Oboro, and she gets 3 STR, 4 SKL, 2 SPD, and 2 DEF, at the cost of -1 LCK and -1 RES. Lancefaire is useful to Sophie for both her Cavalier tree and also if she was to A+ with Matoi for Pegasus (Swallow Strike, Mirror Strike). Oboro can use her lances from a Cavalry class.

12. Xander

13. Leo x Sakura

Tomefaire Strategist/Sorcerer Foleo, as well as Leo and Sakura going each other classes

14. Zero x Setsuna

The two exchange bow classes and give a very fast Eponine

15. Odin x Elise

Heavy magic ophelia. Elise can pass Swallow Strike from Aqua A+; Ophelia can A+ for Tomefaire with Syalla.

16. Arthur

17. Lazward x Luna; Lazward buddies with Flannel

Lazward's Azure Dance gives +1 STR and +1 SPD when rallying. Luna can provide Lazward with Rally Speed (as well as Swallow Strike access) and then Lazward can buddy with Flannel to get Rally Strength; this gives him a +5 STR, +5 SPD rally effect. He can also add in Rally Skill if he really wants to.

Luna is able to pass down her Pegasus class to Soleil, giving her Swallow Strike as well. Mods are bland, but non-negative.

Also, I shipped Inigo and Severa back in Awakening, so its natural that I ship these two as well.

18. Benoit

19. Flannel x Kazahana

5 STR, 2 SPD Velour without notable penalties in other mods. Kazahana gets Fighter/Hero access, which gives her +5 HP (to help her low HP) and a class with higher HP and DEF growth while still having decent STR, SKL, and SPD. Also, she can import her Swordfaire into Hero if she wants to.

20. Avatar x Matoi [chosen from Personal Preference]

Pairings to be determined:

Women available: 1. Camilla, 2. Kagerou, 3. Charlotte, 4. Orochi, 5. Effie, 6. Belka, 7. Felicia

Men available: 1. Takumi, 2. Saizou, 3. Asama, 4. Kaze, 5. Xander, 6. Arthur, 7. Benoit

2. Saizou can marry Kagerou, Orochi, Felicia, Belka, or Charlotte

--> Kagerou builds on their prior relationship and lets him get her Spellcaster (Breaking Sky via Basara) and she gets Samurai. Gurei gets both. Stacks speed penalties, but Ninja is very fast, and it gets 5 STR…. the Ninja's STR/SPD becomes more comparable to that of a Hero for Gurei, except he gets a build in faire

---> Orochi: Magical Gurei… but she kind of kills his STR… but he could become a pretty nice mage in terms of growths. But he is very slow.

----> Felicia: She gets Saizou's Kunaifaire, and she could give Gurei and Saizou Bulter, which also uses their Shurkiens. Penalizes STR (but not as badly as Orochi), but her MAG boost isn't as high either.

----> Belka: Enables Snake Venom + Deadly Breath combo (which can be started with if Belka passes downy he latter). Will have SPD issues, but Gurei could absorb this with an already fast class like Ninja.

----> Charlotte: STR mods and fixing Gurei's SPD

3. Asama can marry Kagerou, Orochi, Felicia, Belka, or Effie

---> Kagerou stacks a bunch of STR, but I don't think she really wants Priestess. I'm not sure if Mitama wants to be a Ninja either.

---> Orochi: Her magic mod ends up canceling Asama's penalties, although there will still be +3 STR hanging around and Orochi hurts those. Mitama gets better magic growth.

----> Felica: Asama could get Servant's Joy as a Bulter; Mitama gets it as a Maid. Offense mods class, and Mitama's offenses may be diluted.

---> Belka: Wyvern Lord is a lance-using class, with a rank as the Mountain Priest; Asama could pick up Rally Defense…. but War Priestess doesn't get Lance ranks, so it doesn't work as well for Mitama. Probably a poor pairing.

---> Effie gives huge STR to Mitama (although further compromising magic). Effie probably wont' use War Priestess that much, although maybe Asama could pick up some General/Great Knight skills with his Lances. STR could be interesting if Mitama goes War Priestess or buddies/marries into a healer class that uses physical weapons, like Maid or Falcon Warrior. But Effie probably wants Berskerer for Super Strength, which Asama cannot give.

4. Kaze can marry all of them:

---> Kagerou gives and gets similar skills as in the Saizou situation. STR offsets' Kaze's penalties, and his speed offsets her negative mod. Midoriko is a Herb Merchant/Ninja/Spellcaster. Kagerou has unimpressive luck.

--> Charlotte deals with the STR issue, although Kaze doesn't really want fighter. Has decent luck growth for Midoriko.

---> Orochi: Unorthodox magic Midoriko, although it struggles against a low base growth for Midoriko.

---> Effie: Deals with the STR issue, but doesn't give Effie a high STR class in return (she still has General, that said). But a 50% luck growth is very nice for Midoriko.

---> Belka: -STR stacks with existing penalties, but Deadly Breath + Snake Venom comes again.

---> Felicia: -2 STR mod from Felicia dooms Midoriko to a -3 STR mod…. Felicia gets Kunaifaire and Kaze gets Bulter. As her name implies (Felicia is derived from "felix"/"felicis", meaning "lucky"), she has a great LCK growth, 55%, which might help Midoriko's luck sills.

5. Xander can marry: 3. Charlotte, 5. Effie, 6. Belka, 7. Felicia

---> Charlotte: Gives Xander Sol (note: he can also get this from A+ Lazward, but he probably wants to A+ Ryouma instead for Swordfaire) and HP+5. Great Strength for Seigbert (6), but kills his RES (-3 mod, horrible growth inheritance). Charlotte gets Luna

----> Effie: Xander and Effie get PavGis (but that's not too reliable) but class overlap Great Knight. Effie doesn't' get a huge STR class. Also a strong Seigbert STR wise; he's also PavGis.

---> Belka: Cannot fully benefit from marriage seals: Belka gets Cavalier, but Xander already has Wyvern. Compounds SPD problems; not a good choice.

----> Felicia: Hurts Seigbert's STR and gives him largely unneeded MAG, but she does patch up his SPD and resistance (the other wives hurt his RES). Only option for giving Xander Tomebreaker, which serves to counter his magic vulnerability somewhat (combed with is existing Aegis).

6. Arthur can marry: 2. Kagerou, 3. Charlotte, 5. Effie, 6. Belka, 7. Felicia

---> Kagerou doesn't seem to particularly synergies, except for good STR

---> Charlotte and Arthur have common classes, so he gets Rod Knight and she gets Cavalier (Luna access). Lutz gets Wyvern/Fighter/Rod Knight, which might be interesting with his Aura-like personal skill.. he could stack distinguished son and Battle Command onto that.

---> Effie gets the Berserker class she'd like for super strength. Arthur gets Knight/General (redundant Great Knight). Lutz gets Wyvern/Fighter/Knight, which means he can get Luna without Arthur needing to pass it down.

---> Belka: Causes a faction parallel in which Lutz gets Pegasus (and thus Swallow Strike, Sun God, etc.). Belka gets nothing from marriage seals, but Arthur gets Wyvern.

---> Felicia is another option for an Aura-bot Lutz; she also gives him Rod Knight. His STR will be worse than with Charlotte, but he will have (slightly) better magic, although he's not magically inclined to begin with.

7. Benoit can marry: 3. Charlotte, 5. Effie, 6. Belka, 7. Felicia

---> Charlotte gets Luna and actually raises Ignis out of the -3 SPD hole his father puts him in, putting him at a neutral 0 SPD. Benoit doesn't benefit from marriage seals, as he already has Fighter. She does clash with the defensive mods Benoit passes.

----> Effie gets Berserker access; Benoit gets Rod Knight, which probably doesn't help him all that much. Ignis only has -1 SPD.

---> Belka compounds the SPD problem: Ignis has -4 SPD mod… but she could make use of Defensive Formation herself and allows a +6 DEF mod on Ignis. Shoehorns Ignis into Defensive formation. Belka gets Knight (Luna, Defensive Formation) from Benoit; Benoit gets Wyvern.

---> Felicia: This one seems like too much of a clash..

Any thoughts on my line up and how to complete the ones not fixed yet?

Edited by astrophys

I'm personally fond of Marx x Charlotte because 1) that's my favorite support conversation 2) those mods are HELLA 3) Mutually beneficial classes and skills 4) does Res really matter that much/just how much can you even repair it with Felicia anyway so there's my vote for that

(though Defensive Formation or Tomebreaker on Marx is also very interesting I must admit)

Anyway so I just realised that Shinonome can get pretty much every single proc skill under the fucking sun if MU's his mom like chill the fuck out kid (and even if he doesn't, he still can get everything besides Sol and Dragon Fang which is still pretty impressive)

But since with +Str -Def MU he'll have strictly better mods than her, and since MU's personal works better in support and Shino's work better in front, I was thinking that Shino front and MU back, though it doesn't quite matter that much I guess

but anyway Holy Lancer!Shinonome @+Str-Def FeMui w mods

6Str 1Mag 5Skl 2Spd 3Luk -2Def -2Res

Hoshido

Nohr

Flamboyant

Lancefaire

Aggressor/Swallow Strike(from Ryouma)/Copycat(also alternatively from Ryouma A+ Saizou)

FeMui (IIRC Kamui can just nab any class from anyone they have an A with right)

Dragon Fang

Breaking Sky

Pick 3 of Luna, Astra, Lethality, Aether or something

Except you can also entirely reverse the build since Shino can get like, literally everything too

Except maybe Sol but he's not running tank and really, if you really want him to get Sol, just make FeMui Fighter/Merc and pass it to him otherwise I'll prolly just class to something Ryouma likes and optimize 2 with 1

Definitely only a thing postgame but idk, maybe it could be cool, or something

tl;dr im lobster trash

Edited by Thor Odinson

I've been giving it more thought

Not all pairings are completely determined yet

Invisible Kingdom, 1st gen or Avatar x 2nd gen pairings only:

1. Ryouma x Rinkah

This pairing is chosen for Ryouma's benefit, as his Rajinn Katana likely offers sufficient advantage to make him worth using over his son: Lancebreaker [helps against weapon triangle disadvantage] from Blacksmith (shares sword ranks with Trueblade) and also Rinkah offers a class with lots of STR and DEF (Shura) as well as personal DEF pair-up bonuses; these DEF bonus should get up to 6 (4+2). This helps cover up one of Ryouma's key weaknesses when in guard stance together.

2. Takumi x Camilla: +3 STR, +5 SKL, neutral speed (salvaging from Takumi's -2). A Camilla support where she really isn't obsessing over Corrin. Deadly Breath could easily be inherited onto Kisaragi to give his ranged bow attacks some extra softening power. Kisaragi also technically has the faire to support a Lancefaire Wyvern Lord if he wants to.

3. Saziou

4. Tsubaki x Hinoka

Lancefaire/Breaking Sky for both Subaki and Matoi. Better overall growths than Oboro's. Matoi, who is now a Hoshidan princess as a result, becomes a flight-capable Dragon's Vein user if she choose to use this capacity. No negative mods, and Prodigy will be able to active fairly often.

Also personal preference for redhead Matoi and I ship Luna with someone else anyways.

5. Asama

6. Hinata x Pieri

Swordfaire for Pieri; Hinata can use swords in Cavalier classes. Pieri has good resistance growth and Hisame's personal skill can also boost RES. One of the supports where Pieri's psychotic, murderous nature doesn't really come into play…

7. Tsukuyomi x Nyx

Fast, high magic Shara with Tomefaire + Sorcerer access. Disadvantages are low skill and luck growth, so accuracy could be an issue. Parents also get each other's classes.

8. Nishiki x Mozume

Mozume gets Spellcaster, which thus means Basara, which gives her Breaking Sky while sharing a Lance rank. If Kinu reclasses, she'll have an abundance of lance classes so that she can change between them fairly freely without constant weapon rank issues. Mozume gives a +4 SPD Kinu and doesn't exacerbate her DEF penalty.

9. Jakob x Azura

High skill and speed kids (mods). Jakob gets Pegasus + Rod Knight combination option (anti-magic, more staff class options). Shigure gets faction parallel Wyvern Rider to help a rally build.

10. Kaze

11. Silas x Oboro

Silas and Sophie can pick up Lancefaire from Oboro, and she gets 3 STR, 4 SKL, 2 SPD, and 2 DEF, at the cost of -1 LCK and -1 RES. Lancefaire is useful to Sophie for both her Cavalier tree and also if she was to A+ with Matoi for Pegasus (Swallow Strike, Mirror Strike). Oboro can use her lances from a Cavalry class.

12. Xander

13. Leo x Sakura

Tomefaire Strategist/Sorcerer Foleo, as well as Leo and Sakura going each other classes

14. Zero x Setsuna

The two exchange bow classes and give a very fast Eponine

15. Odin x Elise

Heavy magic ophelia. Elise can pass Swallow Strike from Aqua A+; Ophelia can A+ for Tomefaire with Syalla.

16. Arthur

17. Lazward x Luna; Lazward buddies with Flannel

Lazward's Azure Dance gives +1 STR and +1 SPD when rallying. Luna can provide Lazward with Rally Speed (as well as Swallow Strike access) and then Lazward can buddy with Flannel to get Rally Strength; this gives him a +5 STR, +5 SPD rally effect. He can also add in Rally Skill if he really wants to.

Luna is able to pass down her Pegasus class to Soleil, giving her Swallow Strike as well. Mods are bland, but non-negative.

Also, I shipped Inigo and Severa back in Awakening, so its natural that I ship these two as well.

18. Benoit

19. Flannel x Kazahana

5 STR, 2 SPD Velour without notable penalties in other mods. Kazahana gets Fighter/Hero access, which gives her +5 HP (to help her low HP) and a class with higher HP and DEF growth while still having decent STR, SKL, and SPD. Also, she can import her Swordfaire into Hero if she wants to.

20. Avatar x Matoi [chosen from Personal Preference]

Pairings to be determined:

Women available: 1. Camilla, 2. Kagerou, 3. Charlotte, 4. Orochi, 5. Effie, 6. Belka, 7. Felicia

Men available: 1. Takumi, 2. Saizou, 3. Asama, 4. Kaze, 5. Xander, 6. Arthur, 7. Benoit

2. Saizou can marry Kagerou, Orochi, Felicia, Belka, or Charlotte

--> Kagerou builds on their prior relationship and lets him get her Spellcaster (Breaking Sky via Basara) and she gets Samurai. Gurei gets both. Stacks speed penalties, but Ninja is very fast, and it gets 5 STR…. the Ninja's STR/SPD becomes more comparable to that of a Hero for Gurei, except he gets a build in faire

---> Orochi: Magical Gurei… but she kind of kills his STR… but he could become a pretty nice mage in terms of growths. But he is very slow.

----> Felicia: She gets Saizou's Kunaifaire, and she could give Gurei and Saizou Bulter, which also uses their Shurkiens. Penalizes STR (but not as badly as Orochi), but her MAG boost isn't as high either.

----> Belka: Enables Snake Venom + Deadly Breath combo (which can be started with if Belka passes downy he latter). Will have SPD issues, but Gurei could absorb this with an already fast class like Ninja.

----> Charlotte: STR mods and fixing Gurei's SPD

3. Asama can marry Kagerou, Orochi, Felicia, Belka, or Effie

---> Kagerou stacks a bunch of STR, but I don't think she really wants Priestess. I'm not sure if Mitama wants to be a Ninja either.

---> Orochi: Her magic mod ends up canceling Asama's penalties, although there will still be +3 STR hanging around and Orochi hurts those. Mitama gets better magic growth.

----> Felica: Asama could get Servant's Joy as a Bulter; Mitama gets it as a Maid. Offense mods class, and Mitama's offenses may be diluted.

---> Belka: Wyvern Lord is a lance-using class, with a rank as the Mountain Priest; Asama could pick up Rally Defense…. but War Priestess doesn't get Lance ranks, so it doesn't work as well for Mitama. Probably a poor pairing.

---> Effie gives huge STR to Mitama (although further compromising magic). Effie probably wont' use War Priestess that much, although maybe Asama could pick up some General/Great Knight skills with his Lances. STR could be interesting if Mitama goes War Priestess or buddies/marries into a healer class that uses physical weapons, like Maid or Falcon Warrior. But Effie probably wants Berskerer for Super Strength, which Asama cannot give.

4. Kaze can marry all of them:

---> Kagerou gives and gets similar skills as in the Saizou situation. STR offsets' Kaze's penalties, and his speed offsets her negative mod. Midoriko is a Herb Merchant/Ninja/Spellcaster. Kagerou has unimpressive luck.

--> Charlotte deals with the STR issue, although Kaze doesn't really want fighter. Has decent luck growth for Midoriko.

---> Orochi: Unorthodox magic Midoriko, although it struggles against a low base growth for Midoriko.

---> Effie: Deals with the STR issue, but doesn't give Effie a high STR class in return (she still has General, that said). But a 50% luck growth is very nice for Midoriko.

---> Belka: -STR stacks with existing penalties, but Deadly Breath + Snake Venom comes again.

---> Felicia: -2 STR mod from Felicia dooms Midoriko to a -3 STR mod…. Felicia gets Kunaifaire and Kaze gets Bulter. As her name implies (Felicia is derived from "felix"/"felicis", meaning "lucky"), she has a great LCK growth, 55%, which might help Midoriko's luck sills.

5. Xander can marry: 3. Charlotte, 5. Effie, 6. Belka, 7. Felicia

---> Charlotte: Gives Xander Sol (note: he can also get this from A+ Lazward, but he probably wants to A+ Ryouma instead for Swordfaire) and HP+5. Great Strength for Seigbert (6), but kills his RES (-3 mod, horrible growth inheritance). Charlotte gets Luna

----> Effie: Xander and Effie get PavGis (but that's not too reliable) but class overlap Great Knight. Effie doesn't' get a huge STR class. Also a strong Seigbert STR wise; he's also PavGis.

---> Belka: Cannot fully benefit from marriage seals: Belka gets Cavalier, but Xander already has Wyvern. Compounds SPD problems; not a good choice.

----> Felicia: Hurts Seigbert's STR and gives him largely unneeded MAG, but she does patch up his SPD and resistance (the other wives hurt his RES). Only option for giving Xander Tomebreaker, which serves to counter his magic vulnerability somewhat (combed with is existing Aegis).

6. Arthur can marry: 2. Kagerou, 3. Charlotte, 5. Effie, 6. Belka, 7. Felicia

---> Kagerou doesn't seem to particularly synergies, except for good STR

---> Charlotte and Arthur have common classes, so he gets Rod Knight and she gets Cavalier (Luna access). Lutz gets Wyvern/Fighter/Rod Knight, which might be interesting with his Aura-like personal skill.. he could stack distinguished son and Battle Command onto that.

---> Effie gets the Berserker class she'd like for super strength. Arthur gets Knight/General (redundant Great Knight). Lutz gets Wyvern/Fighter/Knight, which means he can get Luna without Arthur needing to pass it down.

---> Belka: Causes a faction parallel in which Lutz gets Pegasus (and thus Swallow Strike, Sun God, etc.). Belka gets nothing from marriage seals, but Arthur gets Wyvern.

---> Felicia is another option for an Aura-bot Lutz; she also gives him Rod Knight. His STR will be worse than with Charlotte, but he will have (slightly) better magic, although he's not magically inclined to begin with.

7. Benoit can marry: 3. Charlotte, 5. Effie, 6. Belka, 7. Felicia

---> Charlotte gets Luna and actually raises Ignis out of the -3 SPD hole his father puts him in, putting him at a neutral 0 SPD. Benoit doesn't benefit from marriage seals, as he already has Fighter. She does clash with the defensive mods Benoit passes.

----> Effie gets Berserker access; Benoit gets Rod Knight, which probably doesn't help him all that much. Ignis only has -1 SPD.

---> Belka compounds the SPD problem: Ignis has -4 SPD mod… but she could make use of Defensive Formation herself and allows a +6 DEF mod on Ignis. Shoehorns Ignis into Defensive formation. Belka gets Knight (Luna, Defensive Formation) from Benoit; Benoit gets Wyvern.

---> Felicia: This one seems like too much of a clash..

Any thoughts on my line up and how to complete the ones not fixed yet?

lots of thought put into this, which is great. probably a little too much though XD

are you really going to make use of all of these potential benefits? like you did for Ryouma x Rinkah, you can match simply to benefit one character. who are your priorites (who you'll actually use)? then go for remaining people (unless this list is already the remaining people?). should also make sure you know what you want to do with them, class/skill-wise

personal opinion on remaining choices

2. Saizou x Kagerou

Breaking Sky ofc. and while Gurei has +5 Str, he does have the Spellcaster at +1 Mag so maybe Basara. though 2 Spd sucks so probably stick with Ninja. why must 2 of the 3 natural Ninjas have to have -Spd modifiers. Kagerou even has 70 total Spd growth T_T

4. Kaze x Felicia

was thinking maybe Kaze x Kagerou but you didn't like low Luc and we probably should make use of her Personal so yea. was gonna go Kaze x Belka but that leaves too few Nohrians left and I had no one left to pair with Benoit. Deadly Venom can still be achieved on Midoriko through Lutz

5. Xander x Charlotte

Sol and Luna swaps are nice. Seigbert still has Aegis access for low Res anyways (bar magic weapons [which come with their own disadvantages], Mages probably won't be common in PvP and in story, you'll live)

6. Arthur x Effie

Effie is Berserk so good. gogogo. would've done Xander x Effie because PavGis is fun even if not too reliable overall but I wanted to favor Effie. but 5 and 6 can easily swap partners

3. Asama x Orochi

Asama does have a decent +2 Str +1 Spd but Mountain Warrior has B Lance so a little gimped there. Mitama's natural path is also Exorcist (wasting +Str Modifiers) or War Priestess (low Str cap, and again, B Bow only). would've done Felicia x Asama initially to do nice things with healing but availability issues. Mitama can do Basara now at least with 3 Str and 1 Mag. Asama doesn't benefit at all while Orochi's too slow to use in general, too (and doesn't benefit either)

7. Benoit x Belka

Ignis gets very high Def modifiers. since Benoit and Ignis are so defensively minded, might as well.

EDIT: only Elise and Mozume can actually bring Midoriko's Luc to +-0; Kagerou/Belka/Felicia all are -1 for Midoriko. so we can easily swap pairings for Kaze and Saizou (unless you care about growths. then Felicia is best). Saizou x Felicia makes Gurei not slow but no longer has Breaking Sky or +Str mods...Strategist Gurei's also weird...

Edited by GoXDS

I'm personally fond of Marx x Charlotte because 1) that's my favorite support conversation 2) those mods are HELLA 3) Mutually beneficial classes and skills 4) does Res really matter that much/just how much can you even repair it with Felicia anyway so there's my vote for that

(though Defensive Formation or Tomebreaker on Marx is also very interesting I must admit)

Anyway so I just realised that Shinonome can get pretty much every single proc skill under the fucking sun if MU's his mom like chill the fuck out kid (and even if he doesn't, he still can get everything besides Sol and Dragon Fang which is still pretty impressive)

But since with +Str -Def MU he'll have strictly better mods than her, and since MU's personal works better in support and Shino's work better in front, I was thinking that Shino front and MU back, though it doesn't quite matter that much I guess

but anyway Holy Lancer!Shinonome @+Str-Def FeMui w mods

6Str 1Mag 5Skl 2Spd 3Luk -2Def -2Res

Hoshido

Nohr

Flamboyant

Lancefaire

Aggressor/Swallow Strike(from Ryouma)/Copycat(also alternatively from Ryouma A+ Saizou)

FeMui (IIRC Kamui can just nab any class from anyone they have an A with right)

Dragon Fang

Breaking Sky

Pick 3 of Luna, Astra, Lethality, Aether or something

Except you can also entirely reverse the build since Shino can get like, literally everything too

Except maybe Sol but he's not running tank and really, if you really want him to get Sol, just make FeMui Fighter/Merc and pass it to him otherwise I'll prolly just class to something Ryouma likes and optimize 2 with 1

Definitely only a thing postgame but idk, maybe it could be cool, or something

tl;dr im lobster trash

Stop giving me reasons to S-rank lobster brother.

I was actually planning to on at least one file. That being said, any ideas for a class to pass to him?

possibly Lance Fighter for Breaking Sky. could maybe do Flamboyant but as a Trueblade, you might want him as an avoid-god

Ninja for Copycat and/or Lethality shenanigans

there's also Knight/Cavalier for Luna/Diamond Strike/Pavise/Aegis (but not both Pavise and Aegis)

or Oni Savage for both Lancebreaker and Ogre Strike if going for crit build

I was actually planning to on at least one file. That being said, any ideas for a class to pass to him?

To Ryouma? Give him something he can't get for himself.

I'm fond of Oni since that gets Ryouma Lancebreaker and gives him a solid durability-boosting option that lets him keep using Raijin (his personal speed should be able to handle the drop) and if you want Ogre Strike you can also nab that

Lance Fighter is also a good class, mentioned above, that he can't get except through S ranking. Mainly for Breaking Sky. He doesn't want to stay in Basara too long since he has no mag and no lance rank.

Cav and Ninja are both good, but he can get one of them from an A+, through Saizou and Cyrus/Marx respectively. If you just want him to have one of them, don't do these. If you want both Cav and Ninja on him, pick the one he's not getting from A+.

Note that if you do want to get both PavGis, you can pass him Knight, and have him A+ Cyrus/Marx for the Paladin bit.

Edited by Thor Odinson

So I've been looking at parent mods, and I see that not only does Asama pass down some pretty dope stuff for Mitama, he can also marry Effie, one of the best mothers in Nohr. So we're already looking at +6 Strength, +3 Speed, +1 Luck, and +1 Defense (the Magic loss is inconsequential) in terms of mods. Effie already passes down innate Pavise and Luna access, and Asama's secondary Herb Merchant line gives Mitama access to an Extravagance set, as well as possible Copycat shenanigans. Not sure if the A+ supports of either parent can add anything important, but let me know if there is something.

Skills aren't the worst issue for me, considering I can S/A+ rank either Kanna for any secondary class I want, and use the remaining option to pick up anything else I missed. What I'm concerned about, is what her ending class should be. It'll be physical, obviously, but I see all these great classes at her disposal, and I'm getting a bit too indecisive. (Trueblade, Dread Fighter, Elite Ninja, Blacksmith, Brave Hero, and Berserker all appeal to me). Whatever skills she needs is tied to what she even wants to finish up as.

I keep thinking my way in circles, and in the end I really just want to know 3 things. 1: What physical class do I have our favorite haiku NEET end up in? 2: What skill should Effie pass down that would be a hassle for Mitama to get otherwise? 3: What skills do I pick up for a postgame/PvP build, and what marriages/seal shenanigans do I do to get them?

Edited by L00dBoi

Anyway so I just realised that Shinonome can get pretty much every single proc skill…

Well, he get inherent Lance Fighter and Samurai, so that's Breaking Sky and Astra right there.

He can A+ with Seigbert to get Luna.

His father can A+ with Saizou to get Lethality to pass down to Shinonome.

----> Alternately, Ryouma + Marx and Shinonome + Gurei can also achieve these results, reversing the Luna/Lethality sources

Shinonome can marry Ophelia for Vengeance (note that he has poor magic, so leveling up to get it might be difficult in practice)

-----> A Hero female Avatar can pass down Sol to him in skill inheritance and Dragon Fang by class inheritance.

1. Breaking Sky

2. Astra

3 Luna

4. Lethality

5. Vengeance

6. Sol

7. Dragon Fang

So, yes, you're correct.

DF is pretty much just a worse Blacksmith with Kunai and Resistance. Have her Buddy Seal Soliel for Hero or marry Lutz for Wyvern Lord. Berserker access would be great, but unfortunately Effie only gives her Knight, and she doesn't have enough Speed or Skill to be an effective GK or General.

Anyways just wanted to know if these set-ups are good:

M!Corrin@Dread Fighter/Dark Blood(Still debating their equal offensively but DF is faster, but DB can provide extra Mag for Zero in pair up) +Str/-Def

Secondary-Bowman(Mainly for Zero so he can get Bowfaire)

Spouse-Zero

Main Weapon-Yato Final

-Swordfaire

-Aggressor

-Dragon Fang

-Hoshido

-Astra

Zero@Adventurer

Spouse-M!Corrin

Main Weapon-Shining Bow

-Bowfaire

-Devilish Wind(If it works w/ SB)/Prescient Victory(If DW does not work)

-Aggressor

-Raven Strike

-Lifetaker

Do these look good?

DF is pretty much just a worse Blacksmith with Kunai and Resistance. Have her Buddy Seal Soliel for Hero or marry Lutz for Wyvern Lord. Berserker access would be great, but unfortunately Effie only gives her Knight, and she doesn't have enough Speed or Skill to be an effective GK or General.

hmm...might go hero then.

Anyways just wanted to know if these set-ups are good:

M!Corrin@Dread Fighter/Dark Blood(Still debating their equal offensively but DF is faster, but DB can provide extra Mag for Zero in pair up) +Str/-Def

Secondary-Bowman(Mainly for Zero so he can get Bowfaire)

Spouse-Zero

Main Weapon-Yato Final

-Swordfaire

-Aggressor

-Dragon Fang

-Hoshido

-Astra

Zero@Adventurer

Spouse-M!Corrin

Main Weapon-Shining Bow

-Bowfaire

-Devilish Wind(If it works w/ SB)/Prescient Victory(If DW does not work)

-Aggressor

-Raven Strike

-Lifetaker

Do these look good?

They look good, but in place of Raven Strike (Unless he has bad Hit) or Devilish Wind have him A+ Leo so he can get Rod Knight, and therefore Servant's Joy. You could also get him Sun God or Soar if you wanted.