Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

Well, yes, that's perfectly true. Its a balancing act.

The ideal circumstance is (against a physical opponent) for Matoi to have just 1 point in STR less than her opponent, so that the boost kicks in and gives her +4. For a magical opponent, Matoi's magic is almost always going to be lower anyways, so this is basically an always-on boost.

EDIT: In terms of triggering it… but if she can manage to get 4 more str (so that this exceeds the boost that Prodigy gives) then she would be better off not trying to trigger it. That said, her starting class isn't high on STR, and its hard for her to get a high STR mod, so oftentimes she simply isn't going to naturally have 4 more STR.

So yes, deliberately lowering Matoi's STR against enemies you'd have triggered against anyways doesn't make sense. Indeed, this is one of the problems with Luna!Matoi from a stat perspective… while -1 STR does help trigger Prodigy, Matoi would be triggering Prodigy a lot anyways and thus doesn't really need that help (and now she's lost out on some damage against everything else too).

I'd go for a +STR parent, although maybe not to an extreme degree either [and indeed, Matoi is limited in what she can do there, as Tsubaki gives her a -1 from him, and then 1 from the child bonus, so a non-Avatar mother can only ever bring her up to +3 STR at most). Hinoka and Oboro both would give her a +1 STR mod AND Lancefaire, which constitutes a 6 damage bonus over the default for a lance class without mods (Matoi does always have Swordfaire, but Lances are more convenient with her starting as a Lance user).

Really, the main benefit I see of Prodigy (and potentially not going for a crazy-high STR mod and instead taking a more moderate one like +1) is that you can get similar levels of damage as other characters would get from a higher mod (for example, a +1 mod with Prodigy active does just as much damage as a +5 mod on someone who doesn't have a damage-boosting personal), which means that you can get away with builds that have redistributed the stat mods elsewhere while still keeping a decent offense. Whether this is for more skill, more speed, or defenses, etc., Prodigy means that Matoi doesn't need to focus as much on her STR/MAG mods to get the same damage against a wide range (but not all) of opponents.

Edited by astrophys

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, yes, that's perfectly true. Its a balancing act.

The ideal circumstance is (against a physical opponent) for Matoi to have just 1 point in STR less than her opponent, so that the boost kicks in and gives her +4. For a magical opponent, Matoi's magic is almost always going to be lower anyways, so this is basically an always-on boost.

EDIT: In terms of triggering it… but if she can manage to get 4 more str (so that this exceeds the boost that Prodigy gives) then she would be better off not trying to trigger it. That said, her starting class isn't high on STR, and its hard for her to get a high STR mod, so oftentimes she simply isn't going to naturally have 4 more STR.

So yes, deliberately lowering Matoi's STR against enemies you'd have triggered against anyways doesn't make sense. Indeed, this is one of the problems with Luna!Matoi from a stat perspective… while -1 STR does help trigger Prodigy, Matoi would be triggering Prodigy a lot anyways and thus doesn't really need that help (and now she's lost out on some damage against everything else too).

I'd go for a +STR parent, although maybe not to an extreme degree either [and indeed, Matoi is limited in what she can do there, as Tsubaki gives her a -1 from him, and then 1 from the child bonus, so a non-Avatar mother can only ever bring her up to +3 STR at most). Hinoka and Oboro both would give her a +1 STR mod AND Lancefaire, which constitutes a 6 damage bonus over the default for a lance class without mods (Matoi does always have Swordfaire, but Lances are more convenient with her starting as a Lance user).

Really, the main benefit I see of Prodigy (and potentially not going for a crazy-high STR mod and instead taking a more moderate one like +1) is that you can get similar levels of damage as other characters would get from a higher mod (for example, a +1 mod with Prodigy active does just as much damage as a +5 mod on someone who doesn't have a damage-boosting personal), which means that you can get away with builds that have redistributed the stat mods elsewhere while still keeping a decent offense. Whether this is for more skill, more speed, or defenses, etc., Prodigy means that Matoi doesn't need to focus as much on her STR/MAG mods to get the same damage against a wide range (but not all) of opponents.

plus the class sets are not great for her utility either.

So Luna!Soliel is loaded as a Mage killer, and I'm planning on this build for her.

-Kunaifaire

-Tomebreaker

-Mirror Strike

-Magic Seal (Lazward A+ Odin or Soliel A+ Ophelia)/Magic Counter (A+ Mitama)

-Agressor

I'm not sure if I want her as a DF or an Elite Ninja. What should I do?

So Luna!Soliel is loaded as a Mage killer, and I'm planning on this build for her.

-Kunaifaire

-Tomebreaker

-Mirror Strike

-Magic Seal (Lazward A+ Odin or Soliel A+ Ophelia)/Magic Counter (A+ Mitama)

-Agressor

I'm not sure if I want her as a DF or an Elite Ninja. What should I do?

speed to double or str for raw dmg? DF also has 3 more Def though 6 less Skl (w/e) and 2 less Luc (w/e).

S Rank Hidden or Brave Sword and B Axe?

Support of 2 Skl, 4 Spd, 1 Mov (Ninja) or 2 Str, 2 Skl, 4 Res (DF)?

and Magic Seal is probably excessive. Mages are so frail, they are likely to get ORKO or at least 2RKO but 2nd attack is within 1st strike (so no counter attack).

Oh, cool, I was thinking of making a marriage-buddy reclass thread, but this seems to cover everything. If not though, I'll carry on and go make said thread. Anyway, I was overlooking the skills and class-sets of all the characters, and since I'm a completionist who needs every support filled out, I took some time to pick out what I thought would be an optimal class for Kamui depending on who he married.

Even though I know characters can only have one buddy per playthrough, I kept in mind every class a character could get through buddy seals, so those were immediately crossed off. I also crossed off any classes that had overlapping promotions with their base/secondary/buddy class. So say if somebody has Cavalier in their arsenal, I couldn't pick knight for them even if it went against my better judgement. I'll probably not do that if/when I revise it, but a big part of my process was assuring the second gen had as many unique reclassing options as possible.

Speaking of which, there aren't any second gen characters listed, obviously. This is all theory crafting and shouldn't be taken too seriously, as my intended results probably don't match to yours, but I'd like to share them anyway and see what people think. I can supply my reasons if people want to, but this is probably bloated as is. I also listed the skills I thought would be the most valuable. I was going to list breakers, faires, and seals as well, but I'm less certain of their implementations than others. Having not played the game, I probably didn't list the really good ones (I hear most of the strike skills are stellar, buuuuut I only listed ogre when applicable).

Gunter: Cavalier [Luna/Aegis], Mercenary [sol], Wyvern Rider [Cut/Breath] - MU: Samurai

Felicia: Rod Knight [Demo/Battle/Joy], Mercenary [sol] - MU: Priest

Joker: Rod Knight [Demo/Battle/Joy], Cavalier [Luna/Aegis] - MU: Dark Mage

Kaze: Ninja [snake/Lethality/Puppet²], Samurai [Vantage/Astra] - MU:: Bowman

Azura: Pegasus Warrior [Eastern/Sun] - MU: Herb Merchant

Silas: Cavalier [Luna/Aegis], Mercenary [sol] - MU: Lance Fighter

Asyura: Outlaw [Lucky/Pass], Ninja [snake/Lethality/Puppet²], Fighter [sol] - MU: Pegasus

Izana: Priest [Miracle/MC], Samurai[Vantage/Astra], Herb Merch[House/Puppet²] - MU: Dark Mage

Mozume: Villager [Extra/Easy/Line], Bowman [Raven/Sun] - MU: Oni

Elise: Rod Knight [Demo/Battle/Joy], Wyvern Rider [Cut/Breath] - MU: Dark Mage

Rinkah: Oni [shove/Oni/Counter], Ninja [snake/Lethality/Puppet²] - MU: Cavalier

Arthur: Fighter [Roundhouse, Sol], Cavalier [Luna/Aegis] - MU: Samurai

Sakura: Priestess [Miracle/MC], Pegasus [Eastern/Sun] - MU: Oni

Effie: Knight [Luna/Pavise], Rod Knight [Demo/Battle/Joy] - MU: Fighter

Hana: Samurai [Vantage/Astra], Priestess [Miracle/MC] - MU: Mercenary

Odin: Dark Mage [Vengeance/Lifetaker], Samurai [Vantage/Astra] - MU: Cavalier

Subaki: Pegasus [Eastern/Sun], Samurai [Vantage/Astra] - MU: Lancer

Zero: Outlaw [Lucky/Pass], Dark Mage [Vengeance/Lifetaker] - MU: Ninja

Orochi: Spellcaster [breaking/Flamboyant], Herb Merch [Extra/Easy/House/Puppet²] - MU: Rod Knight

Nyx: Dark Mage [Vengeance/Lifetaker], Outlaw [Lucky/Pass] - MU: Spellcaster

Hinoka: Pegasus [Eastern/Sun], Lancer [breaking/Flamboyant] - MU: Oni

Camiila: Wyvern [Cut/Dragon Breath], Dark Mage [Vengeance/Lifetaker] - MU: Spellcaster

Asama: Priest [Miracle/MC], Herb [Extra/Easy/House/Puppet²] - MU:Outlaw

Luna: Merc [sol], Pegasus [Eastern/Sun] - MU: Lancer

Setsuna: Bowman [Raven/Sun], Ninja [snake/Lethality/Puppet²] - MU: Knight

Belka: Wyvern [Cut/Breath], Fighter [Roundhouse, Sol] - MU: Cavalier

Dicken 2: Spellcaster [breaking Sky/Flamboyant], Oni [Ogre/Counter] - MU: Wyvern Rider

Lazward: Merc [sol], Ninja [snake/Lethal/Puppet²] - MU: Pegasus

Oboro: Lancer [breaking/Flamboyant], Herb Merch [House/Puppet²] - MU: Samurai

Pieri: Cavalier [Luna/Aegis], Dark Mage [Vengeance/Lifetaker] - MU: Lancer

Hinata: Samurai [Vantage/Astra], Oni [Ogre/Counter] - MU: Knight

Takumi: Bowman [Raven/Sun], Lancer [breaking/Flamboyant] - MU: Herb Merchant

Benoit: Knight [Luna/Pavise], Fighter [sol] - MU: Samurai

Kagerou: Ninja[snake/Lethality/Puppet²], Spellcaster [breaking/Flamboyant] - MU: Rod Knight

Charlotte: Fighter [sol], Rod Knight [Demo/Battle/Joy] - MU: Outlaw

Yuugiri: Pegasus [break/Sun], Spellcaster [breaking/Flamboyant], Ninja [snake/Lethal/Puppet²] - MU: Cavalier

Leo: Dark Mage [Vengeance/Lifetaker], Rod Knight [Demo/Battle/Joy] - MU: Spellcaster

Flannel: Fighter [Roundhouse, Sol] - MU: Wyvern Rider

Nishiki: Spellcaster [break/Flamboyant] - MU: Dark Mage

Ryouma: Samurai [Vantage/Astra], Pegasus [Eastern/Sun] - MU: Mercenary

Xander: Cavalier [Luna/Aegis], Wyvern Rider [Cut/Breath] - MU: Oni

Crimson: Wyvern [Cut/Breath], Outlaw [Lucky/Pass], Knight [Luna/Pavise] - MU:Fighter

Yukimura: Herb Merch[Easy/Extra/House/Puppet²], Samurai[Vantage/Astra], Priest[Miracle/Magic Counter] - MU: Bowman

Fuuga: Samurai [Vantage/Astra], Oni [Ogre/Counter], Priest [Miracle/Magic Counter] - MU: ??? (The dude is stacked)

Anna: Outlaw[Lucky/Pass], Rod Knight [Demo/Battle/Joy], Herb Merch[Extra/Easy/House/Puppet²] - MU: Priest

Edited by GoldenMapleLeaf

oh I'm remembering back to Awakening where it was +5 Str for Faires rather than +dmg. I see they improved it (now helps with magic weapons!). and people, remember. lowering Str to get Prodigy to trigger more is fine and dandy but that's still lowering her potential dmg overall, especially against people she would've triggered against anyways

If you equipped a magic weapon, you would get +5 Magic instead of +5 Strength. Still, the way it's done here is good.

What's a good asset/flaw for Kamui x Orochi? whats a good secondary class to pass?, what's Orochi's best A+ support/skills and what's a good skill set for Orochi!Kanna?

Want to use a 1st gen for the 3rd route for my 4th play through.

Kanna's Speed will be shot to hell, but if you pass Knight it will help with both of their Speed problems. As Orochi wants to be a Basara, she can retain her a Lance rank as a General, so that's a plus. A nice side effect is that they both get Luna and Breaking Sky, along with Flamboyant. For A+, I would go with Rinkah, personally, because I really like Crit builds, and it plays well off of Orochi's high Skill. She could nab Counter, too, if she wanted. Her other A+ options are Kagerou, Oboro, and Nyx, but I don't really see why they would help her because she needs to be able to fell an enemy in one hit to be of any use. She already gets Copycat Puppet from her Herb Merchant secondary, so that's nice for her. Orochi!Kanna could fit many roles, depending on what class you stick her in. She could Crit all day like Orochi!Ophelia, or she could be made into a Dragontank if you invest in her Skl and Def with a Strength or Skill asset.

Kanna's Speed will be shot to hell, but if you pass Knight it will help with both of their Speed problems. As Orochi wants to be a Basara, she can retain her a Lance rank as a General, so that's a plus. A nice side effect is that they both get Luna and Breaking Sky, along with Flamboyant. For A+, I would go with Rinkah, personally, because I really like Crit builds, and it plays well off of Orochi's high Skill. She could nab Counter, too, if she wanted. Her other A+ options are Kagerou, Oboro, and Nyx, but I don't really see why they would help her because she needs to be able to fell an enemy in one hit to be of any use. She already gets Copycat Puppet from her Herb Merchant secondary, so that's nice for her. Orochi!Kanna could fit many roles, depending on what class you stick her in. She could Crit all day like Orochi!Ophelia, or she could be made into a Dragontank if you invest in her Skl and Def with a Strength or Skill asset.

strength asset/luck flaw can make Orochi!Kanna a mix fighter while still having a great magic boost, Magic asset/luck flaw makes her a powerful Dragon user and patches up her speed drop if you want to use her in another strong magic based class.

strength asset/luck flaw can make Orochi!Kanna a mix fighter while still having a great magic boost, Magic asset/luck flaw makes her a powerful Dragon user and patches up her speed drop if you want to use her in another strong magic based class.

Speed is still a big problem. You would have to stick her in a blisteringly fast class to be able to kill anything with that +1 mod versus many of the other children characters you might be seeing (Other Kannas, Shigure, Midoriko, etc.) can and likely will be running around with +6 and +7 speed mods.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

Speed is still a big problem. You would have to stick her in a blisteringly fast class to be able to kill anything with that +1 mod versus many of the other children characters you might be seeing (Other Kannas, Shigure, Midoriko, etc.) can and likely will be running around with +6 and +7 speed mods.

yeah unless you give her a tanky skill set and offensive skill with a Dragon Orochi!Kanna build like:

Dragon child+Renewal=45% health regain

Aegis+Pavise

Nohr=offensive skill bot usage

Hoshido=better trigger rate

You just have to be careful around lethality users online.

If only Kamui/Kanna could get dragonskin...probably too OP.

Edited by SapphireFalconWing

yeah unless you give her a tanky skill set and offensive skill with a Dragon Orochi!Kanna build like:

Dragon child+Renewal=45% health regain

Aegis+Pavise

Nohr=offensive skill bot usage

Hoshido=better trigger rate

You just have to be careful around lethality users online.

If only Kamui/Kanna could get dragonskin...probably too OP.

Flamboyant could be better than Hoshido, although you will get hit more and Procs will be a bigger problem. Unfortunately, tanky characters don't fit in the metagame, which is very offense-oriented, so you might want to switch out PavGis for Defensive Formation and Ogre Strike (passed down from Orochi) or Hoshido (coupled with Flamboyant all Nohr Procs have 25% extra chance to trigger) because if you are going to use the dragon you have to fell your enemy in one hit.

so I want to get as many children(not all of them just the ones that have parents that REALLY excel in skill like saizou and takumi etc.) ogre strike

of course only rinkah tsukuyomi and hinata have oni savage. so is there any method that I can pass it around to as many highly skilled units as possible(I understand purchasing skills will be an option but in the case that I can never find ogre strike on a specific unit that I want it on)

edit: without making oni my MU's secondary class

Edited by ShotaLordNoctis

so I want to get as many children(not all of them just the ones that have parents that REALLY excel in skill like saizou and takumi etc.) ogre strike

of course only rinkah tsukuyomi and hinata have oni savage. so is there any method that I can pass it around to as many highly skilled units as possible(I understand purchasing skills will be an option but in the case that I can never find ogre strike on a specific unit that I want it on)

You cant pass Oni Savage as a class by any other means but you can pass Ogre Strike thorugh A+ with the 3 (4 on IK) people Rinka can A+ with. You can get Kagerou, Oboro, Orochi, and Charlotte to all pass Ogre Strike and go from there.

Tbh a few points of skill don't matter too much with crit builds because skill's crit scalings is actually quite low, for crit builds you just go into Trueblade/Holy Lancer/Sorc/Berserker if you can get it; Berserker is the best since it's high str + 20 crit vs the other ones being 10 (or 5 like Elite Ninja) and pile flat crit bonus things on top of each other like skills and killer weapons

I want to try a build with Oboro!Shinonome x Fighter!FKanna where Shino gets Berserker, Ogre Strike from Oboro A+ Rinka, Roundhouse from Kanna, LoD+Extravagance, and Raven Strike from A+Kisaragi running Berserker x Great Club.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Flamboyant could be better than Hoshido, although you will get hit more and Procs will be a bigger problem. Unfortunately, tanky characters don't fit in the metagame, which is very offense-oriented, so you might want to switch out PavGis for Defensive Formation and Ogre Strike (passed down from Orochi) or Hoshido (coupled with Flamboyant all Nohr Procs have 25% extra chance to trigger) because if you are going to use the dragon you have to fell your enemy in one hit.

yeah good point since they only attack once when fighting someone with this skill also what do you recommend for classes not being Dark/White blood maybe Basara?

yeah good point since they only attack once when fighting someone with this skill also what do you recommend for classes not being Dark/White blood maybe Basara?

Yeah, Basara is probably as tanky as you want to go in this meta, because it actually has some Speed.

@Thor, you might want to nab Bind, be it through Logbook or otherwise, because Raven Strike is only on Player Phase, and if you want him to have any Enemy Phase at all, you will want him to have +20 hit all the time over +40 hit half the time or less.

Oh, cool, I was thinking of making a marriage-buddy reclass thread, but this seems to cover everything. If not though, I'll carry on and go make said thread. Anyway, I was overlooking the skills and class-sets of all the characters, and since I'm a completionist who needs every support filled out, I took some time to pick out what I thought would be an optimal class for Kamui depending on who he married.

Even though I know characters can only have one buddy per playthrough, I kept in mind every class a character could get through buddy seals, so those were immediately crossed off. I also crossed off any classes that had overlapping promotions with their base/secondary/buddy class. So say if somebody has Cavalier in their arsenal, I couldn't pick knight for them even if it went against my better judgement. I'll probably not do that if/when I revise it, but a big part of my process was assuring the second gen had as many unique reclassing options as possible.

Speaking of which, there aren't any second gen characters listed, obviously. This is all theory crafting and shouldn't be taken too seriously, as my intended results probably don't match to yours, but I'd like to share them anyway and see what people think. I can supply my reasons if people want to, but this is probably bloated as is. I also listed the skills I thought would be the most valuable. I was going to list breakers, faires, and seals as well, but I'm less certain of their implementations than others. Having not played the game, I probably didn't list the really good ones (I hear most of the strike skills are stellar, buuuuut I only listed ogre when applicable).

Gunter: Cavalier [Luna/Aegis], Mercenary [sol], Wyvern Rider [Cut/Breath] - MU: Samurai

Felicia: Rod Knight [Demo/Battle/Joy], Mercenary [sol] - MU: Priest

Joker: Rod Knight [Demo/Battle/Joy], Cavalier [Luna/Aegis] - MU: Dark Mage

Kaze: Ninja [snake/Lethality/Puppet²], Samurai [Vantage/Astra] - MU:: Bowman

Azura: Pegasus Warrior [Eastern/Sun] - MU: Herb Merchant

Silas: Cavalier [Luna/Aegis], Mercenary [sol] - MU: Lance Fighter

Asyura: Outlaw [Lucky/Pass], Ninja [snake/Lethality/Puppet²], Fighter [sol] - MU: Pegasus

Izana: Priest [Miracle/MC], Samurai[Vantage/Astra], Herb Merch[House/Puppet²] - MU: Dark Mage

Mozume: Villager [Extra/Easy/Line], Bowman [Raven/Sun] - MU: Oni

Elise: Rod Knight [Demo/Battle/Joy], Wyvern Rider [Cut/Breath] - MU: Dark Mage

Rinkah: Oni [shove/Oni/Counter], Ninja [snake/Lethality/Puppet²] - MU: Cavalier

Arthur: Fighter [Roundhouse, Sol], Cavalier [Luna/Aegis] - MU: Samurai

Sakura: Priestess [Miracle/MC], Pegasus [Eastern/Sun] - MU: Oni

Effie: Knight [Luna/Pavise], Rod Knight [Demo/Battle/Joy] - MU: Fighter

Hana: Samurai [Vantage/Astra], Priestess [Miracle/MC] - MU: Mercenary

Odin: Dark Mage [Vengeance/Lifetaker], Samurai [Vantage/Astra] - MU: Cavalier

Subaki: Pegasus [Eastern/Sun], Samurai [Vantage/Astra] - MU: Lancer

Zero: Outlaw [Lucky/Pass], Dark Mage [Vengeance/Lifetaker] - MU: Ninja

Orochi: Spellcaster [breaking/Flamboyant], Herb Merch [Extra/Easy/House/Puppet²] - MU: Rod Knight

Nyx: Dark Mage [Vengeance/Lifetaker], Outlaw [Lucky/Pass] - MU: Spellcaster

Hinoka: Pegasus [Eastern/Sun], Lancer [breaking/Flamboyant] - MU: Oni

Camiila: Wyvern [Cut/Dragon Breath], Dark Mage [Vengeance/Lifetaker] - MU: Spellcaster

Asama: Priest [Miracle/MC], Herb [Extra/Easy/House/Puppet²] - MU:Outlaw

Luna: Merc [sol], Pegasus [Eastern/Sun] - MU: Lancer

Setsuna: Bowman [Raven/Sun], Ninja [snake/Lethality/Puppet²] - MU: Knight

Belka: Wyvern [Cut/Breath], Fighter [Roundhouse, Sol] - MU: Cavalier

Dicken 2: Spellcaster [breaking Sky/Flamboyant], Oni [Ogre/Counter] - MU: Wyvern Rider

Lazward: Merc [sol], Ninja [snake/Lethal/Puppet²] - MU: Pegasus

Oboro: Lancer [breaking/Flamboyant], Herb Merch [House/Puppet²] - MU: Samurai

Pieri: Cavalier [Luna/Aegis], Dark Mage [Vengeance/Lifetaker] - MU: Lancer

Hinata: Samurai [Vantage/Astra], Oni [Ogre/Counter] - MU: Knight

Takumi: Bowman [Raven/Sun], Lancer [breaking/Flamboyant] - MU: Herb Merchant

Benoit: Knight [Luna/Pavise], Fighter [sol] - MU: Samurai

Kagerou: Ninja[snake/Lethality/Puppet²], Spellcaster [breaking/Flamboyant] - MU: Rod Knight

Charlotte: Fighter [sol], Rod Knight [Demo/Battle/Joy] - MU: Outlaw

Yuugiri: Pegasus [break/Sun], Spellcaster [breaking/Flamboyant], Ninja [snake/Lethal/Puppet²] - MU: Cavalier

Leo: Dark Mage [Vengeance/Lifetaker], Rod Knight [Demo/Battle/Joy] - MU: Spellcaster

Flannel: Fighter [Roundhouse, Sol] - MU: Wyvern Rider

Nishiki: Spellcaster [break/Flamboyant] - MU: Dark Mage

Ryouma: Samurai [Vantage/Astra], Pegasus [Eastern/Sun] - MU: Mercenary

Xander: Cavalier [Luna/Aegis], Wyvern Rider [Cut/Breath] - MU: Oni

Crimson: Wyvern [Cut/Breath], Outlaw [Lucky/Pass], Knight [Luna/Pavise] - MU:Fighter

Yukimura: Herb Merch[Easy/Extra/House/Puppet²], Samurai[Vantage/Astra], Priest[Miracle/Magic Counter] - MU: Bowman

Fuuga: Samurai [Vantage/Astra], Oni [Ogre/Counter], Priest [Miracle/Magic Counter] - MU: ??? (The dude is stacked)

Anna: Outlaw[Lucky/Pass], Rod Knight [Demo/Battle/Joy], Herb Merch[Extra/Easy/House/Puppet²] - MU: Priest

I'm having a brainfart rn, so correct me if I'm wrong, but is the "MU: classhere" supposed to be the class that MU should pass down to their spouse? The 2nd paragraph conpuzzled me since you don't want overlap in classes, but why would overlap matter if it wasn't about getting characters new classes? The first paragraph said an optimal class for Kamui depending on who they married, but they can already get all classes. Does it mean an optimal class for Kamui to give to their spouse? --> confused poster here

If it is a class for the spouse to obtain, then some are kind of weird like giving Nishiki Dark Mage when his personal growth is only 10, Kagerou Rod Knight, etc.

If it's just for Kamui only, though, then it's real good but some class combinations are kinda odd like Ninja and Rod Knight.

Yeah, Basara is probably as tanky as you want to go in this meta, because it actually has some Speed.

@Thor, you might want to nab Bind, be it through Logbook or otherwise, because Raven Strike is only on Player Phase, and if you want him to have any Enemy Phase at all, you will want him to have +20 hit all the time over +40 hit half the time or less.

Would you recommend removing Roundhouse for it? While it does add +10 crit it also reduces hit and between Great Club and Zerk bonuses he might have enough crit as is.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Yeah, you should pick something that suits your spouse and Kanna the best, be it just for skills or as a final class, and you should probably bring a Hoshidan class to Nohr and vice-versa so you can spread it around as much as possible. Keep in mind that any non-Kanna kids you have will not inherit your chosen secondary, they will instead inherit Nohr Prince(ss). You can, however, pass down a skill from that class if you want. Hope I helped!

Edit:@Thor, it probably is a good skill to include. If you had Galeforce, you could remove Bind altogether and equip a Killer Axe for enemy phase.

Yeah, you should pick something that suits your spouse and Kanna the best, be it just for skills or as a final class, and you should probably bring a Hoshidan class to Nohr and vice-versa so you can spread it around as much as possible. Keep in mind that any non-Kanna kids you have will not inherit your chosen secondary, they will instead inherit Nohr Prince(ss). You can, however, pass down a skill from that class if you want. Hope I helped!

Edit:@Thor, it probably is a good skill to include. If you had Galeforce, you could remove Bind altogether and equip a Killer Axe for enemy phase.

I might go the Galeforce route instead then, since Bind's only available through Ophelia and that particular Shino's planned for a Hoshido run rather than IK (on top of marrying FKanna for Berserker in the first place), on first run no less. Logbook is too unreliable that way, esp since bind isn't a skill I'm expecting to see for him much in other people's castles.

Edited by Thor Odinson

On the topic of Berserkers, how does this guy sound:

Charlotte!Deere@Zerker

6/-1/3/3/0/-1/-2

-Vantage (From my own logbook, I'm planning on doing Hana!Deere in Hoshido)

-Ogre Strike (Char A+ Rinkah)

-Luna (Jakob passes Cav)

-Bind (from my own logbook (can you do that like in Awakening?))

-Copycat (A+ Gurei)/Galeforce

I'm having a brainfart rn, so correct me if I'm wrong, but is the "MU: classhere" supposed to be the class that MU should pass down to their spouse? The 2nd paragraph conpuzzled me since you don't want overlap in classes, but why would overlap matter if it wasn't about getting characters new classes? The first paragraph said an optimal class for Kamui depending on who they married, but they can already get all classes. Does it mean an optimal class for Kamui to give to their spouse? --> confused poster here

If it is a class for the spouse to obtain, then some are kind of weird like giving Nishiki Dark Mage when his personal growth is only 10, Kagerou Rod Knight, etc.

If it's just for Kamui only, though, then it's real good but some class combinations are kinda odd like Ninja and Rod Knight.

You're right about the classphere thing, it's just the class MU gives to their spouse, which is what I meant by optimal. Probably could've phrased that better, sorry. I was mostly thinking of overlappin promoted classes for the kids.

It was pretty late when I was finishing this up, so there might be some weird choices (like Nishiki). I can explain the ka one though. Her unusually high resistance makes her seems like a primo mage-killer, and tomebreaker (Which you get from butler/maid) would really enhance that. It's a very niche build, but one I think could work, especially with Dread Fighter.

On the topic of Berserkers, how does this guy sound:

Charlotte!Deere@Zerker

6/-1/3/3/0/-1/-2

-Vantage (From my own logbook, I'm planning on doing Hana!Deere in Hoshido)

-Ogre Strike (Char A+ Rinkah)

-Luna (Jakob passes Cav)

-Bind (from my own logbook (can you do that like in Awakening?))

-Copycat (A+ Gurei)/Galeforce

Speaking of VS and Ogre Strike together, though, does the Strike skills activate with Vantage or is it just a separate thing here?

I mean if it's the former that'd be pretty damn cool

I think you can buy from your own logbook, yeah

Anyway I think it's got a solid set of things that all increase damage in a bunch of different ways, which is cool since that stacks damage, and I assume that there'll be some Great Club action involved so crits will be pretty reliable at least

I'm not sure how well Bind by itself can handle Great Club's bad hit, though, since it's pretty low

Speaking of VS and Ogre Strike together, though, does the Strike skills activate with Vantage or is it just a separate thing here?

I mean if it's the former that'd be pretty damn cool

I think you can buy from your own logbook, yeah

Anyway I think it's got a solid set of things that all increase damage in a bunch of different ways, which is cool since that stacks damage, and I assume that there'll be some Great Club action involved so crits will be pretty reliable at least

I'm not sure how well Bind by itself can handle Great Club's bad hit, though, since it's pretty low

That's an interesting question. If Vantage does count as initiating the attack, Raven Strike would be much better.

Eh, 65 hit is the same as a Steel Axe, and with 35 Skl I'm sure he'll get along fine.

E: Mages could be a serious threat because he won't be able to retaliate with Great Club or Killer Axe. Maybe Tomebreaker would be better than Luna?