Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lutz seems like trash due to his personal because of how much it conflicts with Arthur's mods (Great Skill, awful Luck), is there any way to make him okay?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. His personal skill is just flat CEv increase aura and doesn't have anything to do with anyone's stats, from my understanding of the description on the main site. It's not like Harold's actually detrimental-to-self personal or anything.

I'm sure he'll be fine with the conventional means of just getting some good skills and mods.

I'd like to Know about Male Kamui x Camilla if it's good.

It all depends on Asset/Flaw and such. Camilla is Oboro with 1 worse Lck and 1 better Res in terms of mods. With -2 Luck, you might not want to choose a Luck flaw because -4 Luck and all-around low Luck caps in this game makes Kanna nastily succeptible to Critical builds. Camilla can pass down Deadly Breath and Bind, two skills that are wanted by a Dragontank, and has 1/0 defense and Resistance mods, so that's not too shabby, however you will want to run +Mag due to Camilla's -1 mod and not-so-great growth. Honestly, I'm not sure what Camilla wants in terms of a Marriage Seal class (I've never played the game), but Pavise, Diamond Strike, and Luna from Knight (So Kanna can have Defensive Formation) can never hurt.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

With -2 Luck, you might not want to choose a Luck flaw because -4 Luck and all-around low Luck caps in this game makes Kanna nastily succeptible to Critical builds.

eh, it's only 4% more chance versus a +-0 Luc mod char at cap.

Eh, it's a slow class and he's slow, but I guess it could work with Defesive Formation or Swallow Strike,

aaah oh really ? ; A ;

so does Dark Knight still end up being a better class for him overall ?

why you do this to me leon

aaah oh really ? ; A ;

I mean Leon does everything a Grandmaster can do as a Dark Knight with the added bonus of a mount.I would defiantly recommend taking him through Grandmaster if not only for Ignis but Dark Knight is probably Leon's best class.(Well there is Strategist but eh)

aaah oh really ? ; A ;

32/31 Str/Mag vs 31/33 for Dark Knight vs Grandmaster

34/30 Def/Res vs 28/33

27 Spd vs 29

Mount vs foot

statwise I'd definitely go Grandmaster but that Mount.... tough

I mean Leon does everything a Grandmaster can do as a Dark Knight with the added bonus of a mount.I would defiantly recommend taking him through Grandmaster if not only for Ignis but Dark Knight is probably Leon's best class.(Well there is Strategist but eh)

aaah that's good to know ! ; U ;

and since you can get multiple seals, I guess I might as well reclass him ~

32/31 Str/Mag vs 31/33 for Dark Knight vs Grandmaster

34/30 Def/Res vs 28/33

27 Spd vs 29

Mount vs foot

statwise I'd definitely go Grandmaster but that Mount.... tough

aksjdf YES thank you for the stats breakdown

still can't figure it out myself aha

and thank you again !!

honestly, the only reason I wanted to reclass Leon was because I don't like mounts as much ?? except for maybe pegasus // falcon riders and whatnot

so this is perfect ~! ; U ;

Which asset/flaw works For Kamui x Azura I'm deciding between strength/luck, skill/luck and Speed/luck since those are probably the best. As for marriage seal is lance fighter good since its pretty balance and having good skills.plus is Sakura her best A+ buddy seal? Also would both their children be good with the assets and flaws listed?

Btw this is for IK

Edited by SapphireFalconWing

Which asset/flaw works For Kamui x Azura I'm deciding between strength/luck, skill/luck and Speed/luck since those are probably the best. As for marriage seal is lance fighter good since its pretty balance and having good skills.plus is Sakura her best A+ buddy seal? Also would both their children be good with the assets and flaws listed?

Hmmm.

Well Luck would be a good flaw if you are okay with losing a bit of offensive power.Strenght is probs the better asset since both Kanna and Shigure are relatively going to end up in offensive classes.

Lancer is going to be the best.It gives Aqua both Lancefaire and a proc.Though if you don't care for Lancefaire, Samurai for Astra or Cav for Luna could work.(I recommend making Aqua your Great Lord for Aether and Aqua just being a good Great Lord)

For A+, it really depends.Sakura can give some good things, though Aqua is more of a supporter and thus I recommend Elise for Battle Command and Gratitude(If you make her a Falcon Warrior).

Hmmm.

Well Luck would be a good flaw if you are okay with losing a bit of offensive power.Strenght is probs the better asset since both Kanna and Shigure are relatively going to end up in offensive classes.

Lancer is going to be the best.It gives Aqua both Lancefaire and a proc.Though if you don't care for Lancefaire, Samurai for Astra or Cav for Luna could work.(I recommend making Aqua your Great Lord for Aether and Aqua just being a good Great Lord)

For A+, it really depends.Sakura can give some good things, though Aqua is more of a supporter and thus I recommend Elise for Battle Command and Gratitude(If you make her a Falcon Warrior).

nice! what's their children's best class?

In regards to Sapphire Falcon Wing...

Holy Lancer is a nuts class, and Kanna has no obligation to use Swords like Kamui arguably does, and she also has Hoshido, Nohr, and Flamboyant, so you could do LF/Hoshi/Flambo/Nohr/Copycat and then pair her up with an S ranked Shino with Astra (fills up Shield Guage instantly)/Aether (When Vanguard comes out or inheritance from momma)/Breaking Bad or Luna/Pavise or Aegis/Copycat and let them kill everything.

Addendum: Make Shino a Holy Lancer, Holy Bowman, or a Weapons Master for Str, Skl, and Spd pair up bonuses. Holy Lancer gives most Str, Holy Bowman gives the most Spd, and while Weapons Master doesn't have as high Skl as the other two, it does offer +2 defense.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

In regards to Sapphire Falcon Wing...

Holy Lancer is a nuts class, and Kanna has no obligation to use Swords like Kamui arguably does, and she also has Hoshido, Nohr, and Flamboyant, so you could do LF/Hoshi/Flambo/Nohr/Copycat and then pair her up with an S ranked Shino with Astra (fills up Shield Guage instantly)/Aether (When Vanguard comes out or inheritance from momma)/Breaking Bad or Luna/Pavise or Aegis/Copycat and let them kill everything.

Addendum: Make Shino a Holy Lancer, Holy Bowman, or a Weapons Master for Str, Skl, and Spd pair up bonuses. Holy Lancer gives most Str, Holy Bowman gives the most Spd, and while Weapons Master doesn't have as high Skl as the other two, it does offer +2 defense.

good setup! How about Shigure?

good setup! How about Shigure?

Well Shigure can't get Lancer, so if you wanted Flamboyant, LF, or Breaking Bad, Azura or Kamui would have to pass it down. However, he can rallybot, as he already has Speed, Res, and can get Movement, and his personal skill stacks with them. He also has Battle Command, Damoiselle if passed down from Azura A+ Elise, Distinguished Son, and Sun God, which also makes him a good Aurabot. He can also get Voice of Peace. All in all a good support unit.

Well Shigure can't get Lancer, so if you wanted Flamboyant, LF, or Breaking Bad, Azura or Kamui would have to pass it down. However, he can rallybot, as he already has Speed, Res, and can get Movement, and his personal skill stacks with them. He also has Battle Command, Damoiselle if passed down from Azura A+ Elise, Distinguished Son, and Sun God, which also makes him a good Aurabot. He can also get Voice of Peace. All in all a good support unit.

nice! I will try this.

Alright, so this is the last pairing help I'll need for my current hard IK playthrough;

the last child unit I'm recruiting will be Mitama, and I'm trying to wrap my mind around who to mother her.

I'm not a huge fan of Asama, but his available options are Kazahana, Mozume, or Rinka. I asked for help in the past, and decided on Kazahana (b/c the other mothers were better for other children, but now they're all unmarried and going to be otherwise),

so I'm leaning towards Mozume ~

Any ideas ? ; u ;

Alright, so this is the last pairing help I'll need for my current hard IK playthrough;

the last child unit I'm recruiting will be Mitama, and I'm trying to wrap my mind around who to mother her.

I'm not a huge fan of Asama, but his available options are Kazahana, Mozume, or Rinka. I asked for help in the past, and decided on Kazahana (b/c the other mothers were better for other children, but now they're all unmarried and going to be otherwise),

so I'm leaning towards Mozume ~

Any ideas ? ; u ;

depends what you want to use her for and if you want a specific class for her (which relates back to what you want to use her for). another concern is if you are using the mothers and if you want to give one of them the Priestess line

Rinkah would result in the least offensively capable but bulkiest mod-wise

Mozume would be more offensive at cost of a little of that def

Hana would make her the most offensively capable (4 Str/Spd to Rinkah's 2/3) but Def mods are now negative

Mitama just doesn't fit into her class very well. she's offensively dispositioned but physically so it's awkward for her being in Priestess line. War Priestess has low Str cap, too and prefers to go Shining Bow but she just can't. Lol Exorcist. Hana would give her Trueblade/Weaponmaster which Mitama would appreciate while Mozume would overlap Great Merchant (with Asama's Herb Merchant line) but also gives Weaponmaster. Rinkah's the rare Oni Savage

it's hard to say without knowing which other children are left as well. is there a child that would like Hana more than Mitama? or someone that would like Oni Savage more than Mitama?

I say go Hana because you get Line of Death/Extravagant combo out of that (while not wasting Mozume's package due to class overlap); taking a point more physical damage isn't too awful when you have +4/+4 str/spd and 20 extra damage per hit. Mitama's mods are too physically-skewed to not go physical offense anyway

Mozume's better used on someone who doesn't start with either, esp the ones that don't even have the option to A+ Midoriko

Rinka's best on someone who wants to run crit builds

Edited by Thor Odinson

Sorry if this becomes messy b/c I'm on my tablet and typing is difficult ~ ; u ;

depends what you want to use her for and if you want a specific class for her (which relates back to what you want to use her for). another concern is if you are using the mothers and if you want to give one of them the Priestess line

Rinkah would result in the least offensively capable but bulkiest mod-wise

Mozume would be more offensive at cost of a little of that def

Hana would make her the most offensively capable (4 Str/Spd to Rinkah's 2/3) but Def mods are now negative

Mitama just doesn't fit into her class very well. she's offensively dispositioned but physically so it's awkward for her being in Priestess line. War Priestess has low Str cap, too and prefers to go Shining Bow but she just can't. Lol Exorcist. Hana would give her Trueblade/Weaponmaster which Mitama would appreciate while Mozume would overlap Great Merchant (with Asama's Herb Merchant line) but also gives Weaponmaster. Rinkah's the rare Oni Savage

it's hard to say without knowing which other children are left as well. is there a child that would like Hana more than Mitama? or someone that would like Oni Savage more than Mitama?

Aah I'm planning on keeping her as a war priestess and I don't have a shining bow to spare ; m ; I foolishly used one to forge (which Sakura holds) and my other one is with Sakura!Midoriko, though I might give it to Eponine.

Hmmm so basically Kazahana's the best mother for her still ? ; m ;

I'm basically at endgame right now and the only two children I have left are Ignis, Lutz,and Deere. Kagerou's being ranked with Joker right now and I have absolutely no desire to pick up the other two child units; I never use Harold or Benoit and I don't see myself using their children either, I'm not one to stress over completion purposes, which is why no matter who Asama gets, there will be two female units who remain unmarried !

I say go Hana because you get Line of Death/Extravagant combo out of that (while not wasting Mozume's package due to class overlap); taking a point more physical damage isn't too awful when you have +4/+4 str/spd and 20 extra damage per hit. Mitama's mods are too physically-skewed to not go physical offense anyway

Mozume's better used on someone who doesn't start with either, esp the ones that don't even have the option to A+ Midoriko

Rinka's best on someone who wants to run crit builds

Yeah, I kind of wish I went Rinka!Kinu so I could make her a crit unit like in my first run, but oh well ; u ;

But just as a clarification, Mozume won't get married if she doesn't get Asama, and I plan to keep Mitama as a war priestess, so I'm not too worried about class overlaps ~

But aah it seems that both of you are leaning towards Kazahana, so I guess I'll have to do that...!

I like Mitama, but after unlocking some of Asama's supports...I really don't want to make anyone marry him ><