Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice that Sakura has a decent strength growth in addition to a typical high magic growth. A lot of characters who have initate access to the Maid class either have high magic/low strength (Elise. Felicia), or high strength/low magic (Effie and Charlotte). And since Hidden Weapons can debuff stats after attacking, I think she's make a great supportive/debuff unit. I'm wondering if this maid Sakura setup is possible:

-Sun God

-Servant’s Joy

-Battle Command

-Defense Seal

-Resistance Seal

And I'll be giving her a Mighty Kunai for this one.

And speaking of Maids, which characters (aside from Flora and Felicia) does reasonably well when reclassed in Maids, and which ones does better in other classes? I know for starters that a Kaze/Felicia's Midoriko does well as a Maid in the Nohr route since Maids have one of the highest luck caps in the Nohr route and you need many people who can use Hidden Weapons (Nohr path is infamous for not having a lot of characters that can use either Hidden Weapons, Staff, or Bows users when compared to the Hoshido route) and Midoriko should have reasonable luck and speed growths and somewhat reasonable magic growth in her kit in exchange for a weaker strength growth. And besides, it's really a good idea to secure the Stubborness skill for Midoriko via inheritance.

Edited by Dark Paladin X

I notice that Sakura has a decent strength growth in addition to a typical high magic growth. A lot of characters who have initate access to the Maid class either have high magic/low strength (Elise. Felicia), or high strength/low magic (Effie and Charlotte). And since Hidden Weapons can debuff stats after attacking, I think she's make a great supportive/debuff unit. I'm wondering if this maid Sakura setup is possible:

-Sun God

-Servant’s Joy

-Battle Command

-Defense Seal

-Resistance Seal

And I'll be giving her a Mighty Kunai for this one.

And speaking of Maids, which characters (aside from Flora and Felicia) does reasonably well when reclassed in Maids, and which ones does better in other classes? I know for starters that a Kaze/Felicia's Midoriko does well as a Maid in the Nohr route since Maids have one of the highest luck caps in the Nohr route and you need many people who can use Hidden Weapons (Nohr path is infamous for not having a lot of characters that can use either Hidden Weapons, Staff, or Bows users when compared to the Hoshido route) and Midoriko should have reasonable luck and speed growths and somewhat reasonable magic growth in her kit in exchange for a weaker strength growth. And besides, it's really a good idea to secure the Stubborness skill for Midoriko via inheritance.

I would remove Defense and Resistance Seal from that setup, debuffs don't stack, and the Mighty Kunai already cuts the enemy's defenses by 5. :)

You can use those 2 skill slots for better skills! Assuming minmax optimization, I'd try Copycat Puppet. That would give you 2 support units in one, which would maximize the tile coverage for the combination of Sakura's Little Cheer, Battle Command, and Sun God.

Edited by prettyprincess

What is the benchmark speed in this game, would you say? I want to make a Grandmaster Corrin, but I don't know if Grandmaster is too slow.

ignoring speed mods, average speed of all classes weighted equally is 31. it's probably a little higher because people favor higher speed classes (and then mods on top of that). +4 Spd mod Kamui would be 29+4+4 (Yato Hoshido/Final) = 37, which is plenty. even without +Spd, that's 33, which should be fine

Okay, sounds good.

Do Auras work from the back of a Guard Stance? If so Damoiselle/Distinguished Son/Battle Command/Sun God/Copycat would give +/-6 damage given and taken, and 40% HP recovered per turn. Slap this on a Maid or Butler and voilà.

Okay, sounds good.

Do Auras work from the back of a Guard Stance? If so Damoiselle/Distinguished Son/Battle Command/Sun God/Copycat would give +/-6 damage given and taken, and 40% HP recovered per turn. Slap this on a Maid or Butler and voilà.

I believe the answer is no, or if they do, only certain ones.

Was thinking of a Skill-Crazy build with either Azura or Anna (though Anna has more room for these skills, despite the task of hunting down these skills for her)

It really depends on who becomes my spouse, as this revolves around the Nohr skill.

M!Avatar (Dark Blood/+Speed,-Luck)

Copycat

Dragon Fang

Nohr

Hoshido

Flamboyant

Spouse (this can work with anyone, though you may have to buy some of the skills)

Copycat

Aether

Miracle

Aegis

Pavise

The Idea, for Azura is to Copycat, and pair the Clone with the Avatar. Meanwhile the original can dance as she normally does, but have a good skill pool to back herself up, whereas, the clone supplies a very valuable mix of those skills to Avatar.

However...am I missing out by not using Special Song? I mean, I can give Dragonic Curse and Voice of Peace to Kanna and Shigure if need be for some support and disrupting power, and it is indeed possible to buy those from various My Castles for other units, but am I missing out on the stat bonuses from special Song? Should I drop Miracle for that at the very least?

^Thanks man, I appreciate it. I have no issue with doing multiple playthroughs to get the skills I want, of course this'll be after I do my main files on Invisible or Nohr.

was thinking that even with DB's low skill, having the +2 from my asset, along with those skills would give me a 70% Breaking Sky/Vengeance, 55% PavGis, 47.5% Dragon Fang, and 40% Aether/Astra? (not sure if I calc'd this one right), which is alright. I just have a natural bias for Dark Blood due to how cool I think it looks, but for Hero, hmm...

with +Skill, that's 39 Skill, and with Flamboyant and Hoshido, we're looking at a 64% chance to use PavGis (+9%), a 34.75% chance to use Dragon Fang, along with a 44.5% Aether/Astra, and if I did run Breaking Sky, that'd be an 83.5% chance right there. That's not even counting the what skill bonuses Soliel/Azura would grant me, along with the potential +3 skill I'd get from Azura dancing for me, I would argue that I cant use +Speed for maximum effectiveness here (though that's only due to me being so used to +Speed Avatars), but Yato grants +4 Speed, plus there's Special Song and Stance Bonuses, so I can hardly argue that.

I'd actually like to test that skill build out very much with Mozume!Soliel, thanks for telling me about that. Btw, do the Guard Stance boosts depend on just the class, or does their mods also count? (I forget how that worked in Awakening), because it may be worth it to get Kinu or Soliel with the highest possible Skill to for Kanna's sake at least.

EDIT: Lodestar has the same Skill cap as Hero, though I have an issue with running around in Marth's outfit. Thought it was at least worth mentioning, and I could always put a silly costume over it.

Edited by Jakkun

^Thanks man, I appreciate it. I have no issue with doing multiple playthroughs to get the skills I want, of course this'll be after I do my main files on Invisible or Nohr.

was thinking that even with DB's low skill, having the +2 from my asset, along with those skills would give me a 70% Breaking Sky/Vengeance, 55% PavGis, 47.5% Dragon Fang, and 40% Aether/Astra? (not sure if I calc'd this one right), which is alright. I just have a natural bias for Dark Blood due to how cool I think it looks, but for Hero, hmm...

with +Skill, that's 39 Skill, and with Flamboyant and Hoshido, we're looking at a 64% chance to use PavGis (+9%), a 34.75% chance to use Dragon Fang, along with a 44.5% Aether/Astra, and if I did run Breaking Sky, that'd be an 83.5% chance right there. That's not even counting the what skill bonuses Soliel/Azura would grant me, along with the potential +3 skill I'd get from Azura dancing for me, I would argue that I cant use +Speed for maximum effectiveness here (though that's only due to me being so used to +Speed Avatars), but Yato grants +4 Speed, plus there's Special Song and Stance Bonuses, so I can hardly argue that.

I'd actually like to test that skill build out very much with Mozume!Soliel, thanks for telling me about that. Btw, do the Guard Stance boosts depend on just the class, or does their mods also count? (I forget how that worked in Awakening), because it may be worth it to get Kinu or Soliel with the highest possible Skill to for Kanna's sake at least.

EDIT: Lodestar has the same Skill cap as Hero, though I have an issue with running around in Marth's outfit. Thought it was at least worth mentioning, and I could always put a silly costume over it.

They have personal boosts, but idk about the kids. It's nice that we get the ability to buy skills, but the smaller class pools are really a pain in the ass.

I would remove Defense and Resistance Seal from that setup, debuffs don't stack, and the Mighty Kunai already cuts the enemy's defenses by 5. :)

You can use those 2 skill slots for better skills! Assuming minmax optimization, I'd try Copycat Puppet. That would give you 2 support units in one, which would maximize the tile coverage for the combination of Sakura's Little Cheer, Battle Command, and Sun God.

Well thanks for the info in regards to debuffs and seals, also I'm wondering if it's okay for me to have a "Rally" skill in Sakura's kit as well since the setup involves buffing allies within her radius. And I believe she should do fine as a Maid in Invisible Kingdom/Hoshido route (IIRC, her Strength growth is 30% and Magic growth is 50%, which is pretty decent if a character is reclassed as a Maid).

But it still doesn't answer my question on which characters (aside from Felicia) do reasonably well when reclassed as Maids. And how come many players see maids as an underrated class in comparison to War Priest/Priestess? I know that Midoriko is a good reclass/class inheritance option for her (even though Basara is a much better class for Midoriko if you play the Hoshido route).

Yup, trying to make some of the "Kamui-Sexuals" like Flora and Anna viable reeeeally hurt. Bonus points as one is currently unavailable, and the others (barring Gunther on Invisible, but he's a Jagen with no supports so yeah...) come so late its not even funny.

I may just have to spend a day or two on Phoenix Mode and just Blitz through with a +Strength Avatar to test a lot of this stuff.

I'm also thinking of making Kanna a Dragon Tank, with a similar build Idea, but with Renewal and Dragonic Curse on her, even though she'd have to be a Dark/White Blood to make the most use of these effects, she could still put out work with a Nohr + PavGis build. Of course that's all just an idea at this point, gotta figure out how I wanna build these parents.

But it still doesn't answer my question on which characters (aside from Felicia) do reasonably well when reclassed as Maids. And how come many players see maids as an underrated class in comparison to War Priest/Priestess? I know that Midoriko is a good reclass/class inheritance option for her (even though Basara is a much better class for Midoriko if you play the Hoshido route).

Maid has 1 less Mag and Str cap than War Priestess. Bows are stronger than Hidden weapons (Shining Bow is still 1~2, too). War Priestess also has higher base stats so in-story, you'll be stronger, faster, and bulkier as War Priestess

Mountain Priests are a different story altogether. Mountain Priests want to attack more than heal and like Str. so it's harder to compare to a Butler

Maid has 1 less Mag and Str cap than War Priestess. Bows are stronger than Hidden weapons (Shining Bow is still 1~2, too). War Priestess also has higher base stats so in-story, you'll be stronger, faster, and bulkier as War Priestess

Mountain Priests are a different story altogether. Mountain Priests want to attack more than heal and like Str. so it's harder to compare to a Butler

Oh okay, so Maids/Butlers act more "supportyish" type characters judging by the skills they have access to and more weapon versatility (all Hidden Weapons have 1~2 range) while War Priestesses have better overall stats and are better combative purposes (I think there is like one or two bows that have a 1~2 range IIRC). So I should only go with the Maid class for some characters only in the Nohr route since I've noticed you don't have a lot of characters in the Nohr routes that have access to staff and hidden weapons (as well as bows, but this can be fixed by having Zero and Mozume as your main bow users) while on the Hoshido route, the War Priestess is far superior. But can anyone answer which characters that does reasonably well when reclassed as Maids/Butler (aside from Felicia and Jakob that is)?

Yup, trying to make some of the "Kamui-Sexuals" like Flora and Anna viable reeeeally hurt. Bonus points as one is currently unavailable, and the others (barring Gunther on Invisible, but he's a Jagen with no supports so yeah...) come so late its not even funny.

I may just have to spend a day or two on Phoenix Mode and just Blitz through with a +Strength Avatar to test a lot of this stuff.

I'm also thinking of making Kanna a Dragon Tank, with a similar build Idea, but with Renewal and Dragonic Curse on her, even though she'd have to be a Dark/White Blood to make the most use of these effects, she could still put out work with a Nohr + PavGis build. Of course that's all just an idea at this point, gotta figure out how I wanna build these parents.

I'd say the best set up for Dragontank Kanna is probably:

Kanna@White Blood (Staff utility and better Def and Skl)

-Defensive Formation (Pretty much mandatory and allows Spd mods to be ignored)

-Deadly Breath (Dragonstone won't be OHKOing, but it could plausibly deal 80% damage to one-shot those units weakened by DB)

-Nohr

-Hoshido

-Bind/Flamboyant (1 range locked so Bind could work, and Flamboyant helps skill drop)

Miracle could be an okay option in this build, actually, due to it's defensive nature.

Yeah I'd say Defensive formation is a must since she can't double as well. What do you think would be a better Husband for her? Rinka!Ignis for the massive Defence, or Setsuna!Lutz (Harold gives the most Skill of any parent). I think Ignis would be good after Vanguard comes out, since he already gets Pavise, and he can give Kanna Knight for the aformentioned Defensive Formation, though I don't think his parents give him much more than that. He seems like a unit that I'd have to fund his skills mostly.

Yeah I'd say Defensive formation is a must since she can't double as well. What do you think would be a better Husband for her? Rinka!Ignis for the massive Defence, or Setsuna!Lutz (Harold gives the most Skill of any parent). I think Ignis would be good after Vanguard comes out, since he already gets Pavise, and he can give Kanna Knight for the aformentioned Defensive Formation, though I don't think his parents give him much more than that. He seems like a unit that I'd have to fund his skills mostly.

I'd say Belka!Ignis could be good for Kanna, and they could function in the same role, when Kanna gets low on HP/When the debuffs from Dragonstone+ start showing you could switch to Ignis and tank on. Also Ignis with a Guard Nagitana is just too tanky to be allowed.

I don't wanna keep bothering but... any ideas for pairings for Joker/Jakob on a Nohr route?

So far I've got:

Kamui x Flannel

Xander x Charlotte

Leon x Nyx

Lazward x Camilla

Odin x Elise

Harold x Pieri

Zero x Luna

... and these are the only pairings I have. Some help'd be appreciated.

@Ebony, Charlotte is probably the best mother for Deere overall, but she's also a great mother for Seigbert, but I guess anyone that gives him Spd would be good.

As for MaMui x Pieri, it depends on the role you want for Kanna. You could patch up Pieri's Skl and Def with a Str or Skl asset, however, Pieri!Kanna doesn't have too shabby a Magic growth, so a mixed Dragontank build is always an option.

@Ebony, Charlotte is probably the best mother for Deere overall, but she's also a great mother for Seigbert, but I guess anyone that gives him Spd would be good.

As for MaMui x Pieri, it depends on the role you want for Kanna. You could patch up Pieri's Skl and Def with a Str or Skl asset, however, Pieri!Kanna doesn't have too shabby a Magic growth, so a mixed Dragontank build is always an option.

What flaw should I go with for this pairing?