Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sakura!Midoriko is really supposed to run Miracle tank supported by her dad for two shots at proccing miracle instead of one

In regards to this, I actually made a build for Mido to fulfill that role just earlier haha

-----

Kamui!Midoriko (+Str/-Def or +Spd/-Lck (I don't know what else to put..) or +Lck/-???, Secondary: Priestess):

- Renewal

- Hoshido*

- Nohr*

- Flamboyant (A+ Kinu or marriage to Shinonome)

- Vantage or Copycat Puppet

*Kamui will pass one of them down

Kaze obviously as support haha:

- Miracle (from Kamui)

- Lethality

- Astra/Luna (A+ Silas/Marx)

- Copycat Puppet (to pair up with Puppet!Mido, if it's possible)

- idk, Aegis? or Astra/Luna

-----

I also have another build planned for Midoriko in regards to debuffing (I have too many builds for her. my whole team is gonna be filled with only her at this point lmao)

of course it's another Kamui!Midoriko

Kamui!Midoriko @ Elite Ninja (Kamui: +Spd/-Lck, Secondary: Lance Fighter)

- Draconic Curse

- Snake Venom

- Deadly Breath (marriage to Lutz or pass down from Kamui A+ Camilla/Belka)

- Copycat Puppet

- Strength/Speed/Defense/Magic Seal (maybe a proc?? probably not though)

and then I have another build for her, but I'll save that for later. Enough Midoriko for today haha.

Hopefully these builds look pretty solid..

Edited by Elif

Can anyone rate Orochi!Dia's support Skill Sets for online pvp.?

Orochi!Dia

Class: Strategist

Skills: Copycat Puppet(Buddy Seal Grey)

Sun God(Jakob Buddy Seal Takumi A+)

Battle Command/Tomefaire/Rally Skill(Inheritance Nyx!Dia/Buy Skills)

Rally Spectrum(Grandmaster DLC Class)

Rally Speed(Sakura/Buy Skills from Sakura!Dia)/Rally Movement(Dark Falcon)

(Also Can Copycat Puppet, or the Clone can also Rally other units like the original does, and Sun God other Allied Units, since I kinda seen Battle Command + Demoiselle/Distinguished Son do that while Copycating.?)

Can anyone rate Orochi!Dia's support Skill Sets for online pvp.?

Orochi!Dia

Class: Strategist

Skills: Copycat Puppet(Buddy Seal Grey)

Sun God(Jakob Buddy Seal Takumi A+)

Battle Command/Tomefaire/Rally Skill(Inheritance Nyx!Dia/Buy Skills)

Rally Spectrum(Grandmaster DLC Class)

Rally Speed(Sakura/Buy Skills from Sakura!Dia)/Rally Movement(Dark Falcon)

(Also Can Copycat Puppet, or the Clone can also Rally other units like the original does, and Sun God other Allied Units, since I kinda seen Battle Command + Demoiselle/Distinguished Son do that while Copycating.?)

Well, Dia is inclined to go Physical, but if you do Orochi!Dia, you would want a mixed class and Defensive Formation to patch up his speed. For a support role at least go Butler so you can put his Strength to work.

Well, Dia is inclined to go Physical, but if you do Orochi!Dia, you would want a mixed class and Defensive Formation to patch up his speed. For a support role at least go Butler so you can put his Strength to work.

Butler seems nice but, I'd rather need a mobile unit who can support other units actually.!

Like Joth said, Deere/Dia is Str>Mag.Butler is the way to go.(I recommend getting Orochi to A+ Kagerou for Kunaifaire).

Deere can be a great mixed attacker as a Butler in which he can shift between a Killer Kunai and an Explosive Shuriken depending on the situation.

EDIT: If you want a mobile unit, maybe try marrying Deere off to Midoriko or something and you can make him a Puppeteer.

Edited by Azz

well if he's mostly going for support role, the extra Move might be better

---------------------------------------

though another point to consider is that if we're judging just the skill set, then it really doesn't matter who the parent is if 1) you're buying skills and 2) he already has access to the class he wants to be in at the end

if we do care even a little about Dia's offense, you probably don't want Orochi as the mother since he's already a predisposition towards Str. and if what I heard was correct, healing is Mag/3 so...no point in buffing Mag for healing purposes while that -Spd hurts. not that anyone really likes having a +Mag/-Spd mother... if, as I mentioned, you dumped Orochi on Dia because it doesn't matter who his mother is, thus you're dumping Orochi on him because no one wants her, then it's fine

Edited by GoXDS

well if he's mostly going for support role, the extra Move might be better

---------------------------------------

though another point to consider is that if we're judging just the skill set, then it really doesn't matter who the parent is if 1) you're buying skills and 2) he already has access to the class he wants to be in at the end

if we do care even a little about Dia's offense, you probably don't want Orochi as the mother since he's already a predisposition towards Str. and if what I heard was correct, healing is Mag/3 so...no point in buffing Mag for healing purposes while that -Spd hurts. not that anyone really likes having a +Mag/-Spd mother... if, as I mentioned, you dumped Orochi on Dia because it doesn't matter who his mother is, thus you're dumping Orochi on him because no one wants her, then it's fine

Well, Crit Build Ophelia and Copycat Healer Grey want her, but otherwise yeah, -Spd stings.

Like Joth said, Deere/Dia is Str>Mag.Butler is the way to go.(I recommend getting Orochi to A+ Kagerou for Kunaifaire).

Deere can be a great mixed attacker as a Butler in which he can shift between a Killer Kunai and an Explosive Shuriken depending on the situation.

EDIT: If you want a mobile unit, maybe try marrying Deere off to Midoriko or something and you can make him a Puppeteer.

Hmm, I'll just either use Butler, or Strategist on Dia for Staff, and Rallybot Utility actually.!

Edited by Tide of Waves

Hi guys, long time lurker here. Finally decided to register while playing Fates! I decided to try my hand at optimization recently, and was thinking about Charlotte!Deere for a Crit build Berserker. Need advice for this set I was thinking about:

Axefaire

Ogre Strike

Luna?

Galeforce

Tomebreaker/Raven Strike/Bind?

Nevertheless, after checking out Charlotte's Personal Skill, it seems like optimizing her would be better than using Deere for a Crit Berserker. What are you guys' thoughts? Would it be better to proceed with Deere instead or just use the same skillset for Charlotte?

Thanks!

Hi guys, long time lurker here. Finally decided to register while playing Fates! I decided to try my hand at optimization recently, and was thinking about Charlotte!Deere for a Crit build Berserker. Need advice for this set I was thinking about:

Axefaire

Ogre Strike

Luna?

Galeforce

Tomebreaker/Raven Strike/Bind?

Nevertheless, after checking out Charlotte's Personal Skill, it seems like optimizing her would be better than using Deere for a Crit Berserker. What are you guys' thoughts? Would it be better to proceed with Deere instead or just use the same skillset for Charlotte?

Thanks!

Eh, Charlotte is better against about half of the units you fight whereas Deere is better all-around and also he's L. I'd go...

Charlotte!Deere@Zerker

-Vantage

-Ogre Strike

-Bind

-Tomebreaker

-Geelfurse

and slap a Great Club or a Killer Axe on him and you're good to go.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

Cool thanks! Why Vantage though? Does Ogre Strike proc with Vantage as well? Also why not Axefaire? I thought Faires were more or less a given on most offensive builds.

Berserkers are glass canons that tend to take and deal a lot of damage. He will most likely die in enemy phase without it, and I planned to marry Jakob to Hana in Hoshido anyways. Just my personal preference over Axefaire. Hope I helped clear that up!

I couldn't find this in the topic (I supose it is here though) but: Who does (do) the best mother(s) for Shara in Hoshido? And in IK?

Sakura, Orochi and Nyx tend to be good mothers for Shara.

Could Felicia be a good option too? (because it is the only other mother who gives good mods in MAG (also SPD))

Yeah Felicia could be good too, but I generally put Felicia else where but she can still be goof with Shara.

Need advices, Hello i'm new !

Hoshido pairings

Kamui X Shara = Kanna (F) (Black hair color, with Aptitude just a beast !)

Azura X Silas = Shigure + Sophie (Cyan Hair color not awful on Sophie, both childs get Singer's support skills which is good for Knights and excellent Azura's growths)

Felicia X Suzukaze = Midoriko (Bright Hair color cute, Maid class good on her, ...)

Joker X Orochi = Dia (Purple haired Dia, Magic stats great improvement,Basara access ...)

Ryoma X Kagerou = Shinonome ("Weirdly" brown haired Shinonome,access to Lethality, Astra ,Copycat Puppet ...)

Hinoka X Tsubaki = Matoi (Red haired "Cordelia",Astra and Lethality ...)

Takumi X Oboro = Shigure (Blue haired Kisaragi, Story based pairing, Strong and balanced son)

Sakura X Saizou = Grey (Red haired "Gaius", Cute AND logical Support, To make use of his magic growth mainly)

Mozume X Tsukuyomi = Shara ("Weirdly" Black haired "Tharja" with Aptitude, Magic Beast potential,Skill saved by Aptitude, Basara's skills and Bowmans skills,Shura critical madness , Counter... and more)

Asama X Rinkah = Mitama (White haired Mitama wonderful, Balanced Rinkah's stats : Mitama become a Jack of all trades with excellent Oni savage and Ninja skills added ...)

Hinata X Kazahana = Hisama (Brown hair good, VERY Balanced Hisame, ,Shura skills for critical madness and Counter ...)

Nishiki X Setsuna = Kinu (Blue Hair color is not a catastrophe,Ninja class skills for Kinu, Stellar speed growth ...)

Yeah Felicia could be good too, but I generally put Felicia else where but she can still be goof with Shara.

What's a good place for Felicia? I thought of her because I want Sakura to marry Saizou and not sure about where to put Orochi, but I don't want to waste the Spellcaster tree on Shara who already has it :/

What's a good place for Felicia? I thought of her because I want Sakura to marry Saizou and not sure about where to put Orochi, but I don't want to waste the Spellcaster tree on Shara who already has it :/

Well, not many need Spellcaster unless you want to give everyone Breaking Sky which IMO is unreliable on mages.Orochi is either A)Used on a mixed character such as Deere(Though he mainly is offensive Orochi just lets him be more of a support)and Gurei or B)A mage who wants to be better such as Ophelia in IK and Shara.

Felicia is used with A)Mages who are going to also be doing something with healing or B)What should be offensive characters who got screwed over by their parents including Midoriko(Which is where I tend to put Felicia)and Eponine who are mainly going to use magic weapons such as Shining Bows and Shinrai Pikes.

If you are playing Femui by the way, Felicia IMO should be the single female.(Or Rinka if you don't have a tanky child for her)

So I tried to compile all the character's base classes and buddy classes to make things easier but I'm sure there's some mistakes. "None" refers to a redundant class. For Kanna "Choice" mean the class you chose in the beginning for Kamui. Please let me know if there's any error or inconsistencies. Sorry for the format. I'll hopefully be able to fix it later. Feel free to do whatever with this once its error free.

[spoiler=Neutral 1st Gen and Kamuisexuals]Joker - Rod Knight/Cavalier
---Cyrus/Gunter/Takumi
---None/None/Bowman
Suzukaze - Ninja/Samurai
---Cyrus/Saizou/Marx
---Cavalier/None/Cavalier
Cyrus - Cavalier/Mercenary
---Suzukaze/Joker/Ryoma
---Ninja/Rod Knight/Samurai

Felicia - Rod Knight/Mercenary
---Kazahana/Pieri/Flora
---Samurai/Cavalier/Dark Mage
Aqua - Singer/Pegasus Warrior
---Hinoka/Sakura/Elise
---None/Priestess/Rod Knight
Mozume - Villager/Bowman
---Oboro/Elfie/Nyx
---Lance Fighter/Knight/Dark Mage

Yuugiri - Pegasus Warrior/Spellcaster/Ninja
Crimson - Wyvern Rider/Thief/Knight
Yukimura - Herb Merchant/Samurai/Priest
Flora - Rod Knight/Dark Mage/Mercenary
Gunter - Cavalier/Mercenary/Wyvern Rider
--Joker-Rod Knight
Ashyura - Thief/Ninja/Fighter
Izana - Priest/Samurai/Herb Merchant
Fuuga - Samurai/Oni Savage/Priest
--Tsukuyomi-Spellcaster
Anna - Thief/Rod Knight/Herb Merchant

[spoiler=1st Gen Hoshido Males]Tsubaki - Pegasus Warrior/Samurai
---Saizou/Hinata/Asama/IK!Zero
---Ninja/None/Priest/IK!Thief
Saizou - Ninja/Samurai
---Suzukaze/Ryouma/Tsubaki/IK!Lazward
---None/None/Pegasus Warrior/IK!Mercenary
Asama - Priest/Herb Merchant
---Tsubaki/Tsukuyomi/Nishiki/IK!Harold
---Pegasus Warrior/Spellcaster/Spellcaster/IK!Fighter
Tsukuyomi - Spellcaster/Oni Savage
---Asama/Nishiki/IK!Benoit/IK!Fuuga
---Priest/Herb Merchant/IK!Knight/IK!Samurai
Hinata - Samurai/Oni Savage
---Takumi/Tsubaki/Nishiki/IK!Odin
---Bowman/Pegasus Warrior/Spellcaster/IK!Dark Mage
Takumi - Bowman/Lance Fighter
---Joker/Ryouma/Hinata/IK!Leon
---Rod Knight/Samurai/Samurai/IK!Dark Mage
Nishiki - Fox Spirit/Spellcaster
---Hinata/Asama/Tsukuyomi/IK!Flannel
---Samurai/Priest/None/IK!Fighter
Ryouma - Samurai/Pegasus Warrior
---Cyrus/Takumi/Saizou/IK!Marx
---Cavalier/Bowman/Ninja/IK!Cavalier

[spoiler=1st Gen Hoshido Females]Rinka - Oni Savage/Ninja
---Kagerou/Orochi/Oboro/IK!Charlotte
---None/Spellcaster/Lance Fighter/IK!Fighter
Sakura - Priestess/Pegasus Warrior
---Aqua/Hinoka/Kazahana/IK!Elise
---None/None/Samurai/IK!RodKnight
Kazahana - Samurai/Priestess
---Felicia/Sakura/Setsuna/IK!Elfie
---Rod Knight/None/Bowman/IK!Knight
Orochi - Spellcaster/Herb Merchant
---Kagerou/Oboro/Rinkah/IK!Nyx
---Ninja/Lance Fighter/Oni Savage/IK!Dark Mage
Hinoka - Pegasus Warrior/Lance Fighter
---Aqua/Sakura/Setsuna/IK!Camilla
---Rod Knight/Priestess/Bowman/IK!Wyvern Rider
Setsuna - Bowman/Ninja
---Hinoka/Kagerou/Kazahana/IK!Luna
---Pegasus Warrior/None/Samurai/IK!Mercenary
Oboro - Lance Fighter/Herb Merchant
---Mozume/Orochi/Rinkah/IK!Belka
---Bowman/Spellcaster/Oni Savage/IK!Wyvern Rider
Kagerou - Ninja/Spellcaster
---Setsuna/Orochi/Rinkah/IK!Pieri
---BowmanNone/Oni Savage/IK!Cavalier

[spoiler=1st Gen Nohr Males]Harold - Fighter/Cavalier
---Zero/Benoit/Flannel/IK!Asama
---Thief/Knight/Thief/IK!Priest
Zero - Thief/Dark Mage
---Leon/Odin/Harold/IK!Tsubaki
---None/None/Fighter/IK!Pegasus Warrior
Odin - Dark Mage/Samurai
---Leon/Lazward/Zero/IK!Hinata
---RodKnight/Mercenary/Thief/None
Lazward - Mercenary/Ninja
---Marx/Odin/Flannel/IK!Saizou
---Cavalier/Dark Mage/Fighter/None
Benoit - Knight/Fighter
---Harold/Flannel/IK!Tsukuyomi
---None/None/IK!Spellcaster
Leon - Dark Mage/Rod Knight
---Marx/Odin/Zero/IK!Takumi
---Cavalier/Samurai/Thief/IK!Bowman
Flannnel - Garou/Fighter
---Lazward/Harold/Benoit/IK!Nishiki
---Mercenary/None/Knight/IK!Spellcaster
Marx - Cavalier/Wyvern Rider
---Leon/Lazward/Suzukaze/IK!Ryouma
---Dark Mage/Mercenary/Ninja/IK!Samurai

[spoiler=1st Gen Nohr Females]Elise - Rod Knight/Wyvern Rider
---Camilla/Effie/Aqua/IK!Sakura
---None/Knight/Pegasus Warrior/IK!Priestess
Elfie - Knight/Rod Knight
---Elise/Nyx/Mozume/IK!Kazahana
---None/Dark Mage/Bowman/IK!Samurai
Nyx - Dark Mage/Thief
---Elfie/Charlotte/Mozume/IK!Orochi
---Knight/Fighter/Bowman/IK!Spellcaster
Camilla - Wyvern Rider/Dark Mage
---Elise/Belka/Luna/IK!Hinoka
---Rod Knight/Fighter/Mercenary/IK!Pegasus Warrior
Luna - Mercenary/Pegasus Warrior
---Camilla/Berka/Pieri/IK!Setsuna
---Wyvern Rider/Wyvern Rider/Cavalier/IK!Bowman
Belka - Wyvern Rider/Fighter
---Camilla/Luna/Charlotte/IK!Oboro
---Dark Mage/Mercenary/None/IK!LanceFighter
Pieri - Cavalier/Dark Mage
---Luna/Charlotte/Felicia/IK!Kagerou
---Mercenary/Fighter/Rod Knight/IK!Ninja
Charlotte - Fighter/Rod Knight
---Pieri/Berka/Nyx/IK!Rinka
---Cavalier/Wyvern Rider/Dark Mage/IK!Oni Savage

[spoiler=2nd Gen Neutrals]M!Kanna - Dark Prince/Choice
---Shinonome/Siegbert/Lutz
---Lance Fighter/Cavalier/Wyvern Rider
F!Kanna - Dark Princess/Choice
---Midoriko/Mitama/Kinu/Velour
---Herb Merchant/Priestess/Spellcaster/Fighter
Shigure - Pegasus Warrior/Rod Knight
---Hisame/Foleo
---Samurai/Nothing?
Deere - Rod Knight/Cavalier
---Kisaragi/Gurei/Lutz
---Bowman/Ninja/Wyvern Rider
Sophie - Cavalier/Mercenary
---Matoi/Soleil/Velour
---Pegasus Warrior/Nothing?/Fighter
Midoriko - Herb Merchant/Ninja
---Kanna/Kinu/Ophelia
---Choice/Spellcaster/Dark Mage

[spoiler=2nd Gen Hoshido]Shinonome - Lance Fighter/Samurai
---Kanna/Kisaragi/Gurei/IK!Siegbert
---Choice/Bowman/Ninja/IK!Cavalier
Kisaragi - Bowman/Lance Fighter
---Deere/Shinonome/Hisame/IK!Foleo
---Rod Knight/Nothing?/Samurai/IK!Rod Knight
Grey - Ninja/Samurai
---Deere/Shinonome/Hisame/IK!Ignis
---Rod Knight/Lance Fighter/Nothing?/IK!Knight
Kinu - Fox Spirit/Spellcaster
---Kanna/Midoriko/Syalla/IK!Velour
---Choice/Herb Merchant/Nothing?/IK!Fighter
Hisame - Samurai/Oni Savage
---Shigure/Kisaragi/Gurei/IK!Lutz
---Pegasus Warrior/Bowman/Ninja/IK!Wyvern Rider
Mitama - Priestess/Herb Merchant
---Kanna/Matoi/Syalla/IK!Soleil
---Choice/Pegasus Warrior/Spellcaster/IK!Mercenary
Matoi - Pegasus Warrior/Samurai
---Sophie/Mitama/Syalla/IK!Eponine
---Cavalier/Priestess/Spellcaster/IK!Thief
Shara - Spellcaster/Oni Savage
---Mitama/Matoi/Kinu/IK!Ophelia
---Priestess/Pegasus Warrior/Herb Merchant/IK!Dark Mage

[spoiler=2nd Gen Nohr]Seigbert - Cavalier/Wvyern Rider
---Kanna/Foleo/Ignis/IK!Shinonome
---Choice/Rod Knight/Knight/IK!Lance Fighter
Foleo - Rod Knight/Dark Mage
---Shigure/Siegbert/Ignis/IK!Kisaragi
---Pegasus Warrior/Cavalier/Knight/IK!Bowman
Ignis - Knight/Fighter
---Siegbert/Foleo/Lutz/IK!Gurei
---Cavalier/Rod Knight/Wyvern Rider/IK!Ninja
Velour - Garou/Fighter
---Kanna/Sophie/Eponine/IK!Kinu
---Choice/Cavalier/Thief/IK!Spellcaster
Lutz - Wyvern Rider/Fighter
---Kanna/Deere/Ignis/IK!Hisame
---Choice/Rod Knight/Knight/IK!Samurai
Ophelia - Dark Mage/Samurai
---Midoriko/Eponine/IK!Syalla
---Herb Merchant/Thief/IK!Spellcaster
Soleil - Mercenary/Ninja
---Sophie/Ophelia/Eponine/IK!Mitama
---Cavalier/Dark Mage/Thief/IK!Priestess
Eponne - Thief/Dark Mage
---Soleil/Velour/IK!Matoi
---Mercenary/Fighter/IK!PegasusWarrior

Edited by Frozen_Kappa

Well, not many need Spellcaster unless you want to give everyone Breaking Sky which IMO is unreliable on mages.Orochi is either A)Used on a mixed character such as Deere(Though he mainly is offensive Orochi just lets him be more of a support)and Gurei or B)A mage who wants to be better such as Ophelia in IK and Shara.

Felicia is used with A)Mages who are going to also be doing something with healing or B)What should be offensive characters who got screwed over by their parents including Midoriko(Which is where I tend to put Felicia)and Eponine who are mainly going to use magic weapons such as Shining Bows and Shinrai Pikes.

If you are playing Femui by the way, Felicia IMO should be the single female.(Or Rinka if you don't have a tanky child for her)

Thanks for the info! :) Yeah I was thinking of Breaking Sky xD but I realised Orochi gives Shara the Puppeter class so maybe I'll think about it, even though I like Felicia mods for Shara better than Orochi's. And I'll be playing as Mamui so sadly I'll have to marry all the girls in order to have all kids