Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

Orohci: 0 STR, 3 MAG, 2 SKL, -2 SPD, -1 Lck, -2 Def, +1 Res

Silas: 1 STR, 0 MAG, 2 SKL, 0 SPD, -1 Lck, 0 Def, -1 Res

Sophie: 2 Str, 4 Mag, 5 Skl, -1 Spd, -1 Lck, -1 Def, +1 Res

Sophie's Default Personal Growth Rates: 35% HP, 35% Str, 10% Mag, 55% Skl, 50% Spd, 35% Lck, 25% Def, 35% Res

Orochi's Persona Growth Rates: 35% HP, 5% Str, 65% Mag, 50% Skl, 15% Spd, 35% Lck, 25% Def, 45% Res

Now, its known that growth rates inherit in some manner (as there are kids out there who otherwise would have 0% magic growths from personal + class who have gotten non-zero magic growths due to their parents), but the exact means by which this works in unknown. My currently unconfirmed hypothesis is (Mother's Persona Growths + Child's Default Personal Growths)/2 = Child's Final Personal Growths.

Assuming that my idea is correct: Orochi!Sophie: 35% HP, 20% Str, 37.5% Mag, 52.5% Skl, 32.5% Spd, 35% Lck, 25% Def, 40% Res

Classes: Cavalier, Mercenary, Spellcaster

Perhaps a Basara (Spellcaster promotion) would be a good class… let her use that lance rank she already has (and she can use magic lances with it) while building up magic and getting used to Tomes. That and Breaking Sky.

will do, thanks

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain me why it is considered Orochi a good mother for Gurei? I know he has a high MAG growth but talking about final mods and grwoths, best class and skillset?

And if someone could also tell me other great mothers for Gurei I would be really pleased! I really like Gurei (I love Gaius) I want him to be the best he can!

I'm not sure if what I ask is already explained in this topic but I couldn't really find anything really deep about it when checking (not checking really good bc there are 58 pages xD)

thanks!! :D

Hey, so my brother wanted a tanky Kanna, so I did some planning for his Kanna, mainly based around the dragonstone and her personal skill. How does this seem?

M!Kamui (Priest sec. class, +Skl/-Lck) x Nyx!Ophelia (or would Nyx!Eponine be a better option?):

Nyx!Ophelia!Kanna (Dark/White Blood) @ Dragonstone+:

- Renewal (Mt. Priest)

- Aegis (Marriage Seal - Sophie)

- Pavise (Nyx A+ Effie)

- Defensive Formation (Kamui A Benoit)

- Hoshido (logbook if DB, which she'll most likely be)

Mods (iirc, Kanna doesn't get the +1 to all stats, right?):

| +2 | +5 | +4 | +2 | -2 | +1 | +1 |

I'm going for the same build except with Camilla!Shinonome (I know Elise!Shinonome would work but the -4 Def mod really gets to me) as the father (I only want to marry Kaze or Shinonome lol, but I have a different build planned for Kaze!Kanna so I'm going lobster son for this Kanna. However, I may swap the builds and make this one for Kaze!Kanna and the former's planned build for Shinonome!Kanna, idk i'll see which I prefer when the game's out in NA).

Tbh, I'm most likely gonna just streetpass my brother and get the skills that way for my Kanna because I'm too lazy lmao (could M!Kanna buy skills off F!Kanna anyways?).

Also, I made a build for Camilla!Shinonome (i really hate how the her hair color looks on him a lot, but I prefer her mods over kagerou's...), or Oboro!Shinonome (much better hair color for him lol, the only differences being Oboro!Shino having +1 Lck and -2 Res as opposed to 0 Lck and -1 Res).

Shinonome @ Holy Lancer

- Lancefaire

- Breaking Sky

- Flamboyant

- Deadly Breath/Astra/Swordbreaker/Swallow Strike/Renewal (Marriage Seal Kamui)

- Deadly Breath/Astra/Swordbreaker/Swallow Strike/Axebreaker (Marriage Seal Kamui-if Renewal won't be used, I'll go Hero as secondary)

I'm seriously so stumped with the last two skills, I had an idea for them this morning, but I forgot them... I'm sorry! I think it was Renewal and Deadly Breath though.

Edited by Elif

Regarding Orochi!Gurei as asked two posts ago: I'm not entirely sure myself. Yes, he has a great magic growth, but Orochi really kills his speed mod (and will hurt growths too). She also kills his STR growth.

Edited by astrophys

Well, the reason I consider Orochi great for Gurei is..

1)Orochi and Saizou seem to have an established relationship since they are seen together a lot and join together

2)Gurei is weird and has great Mag

3)Purple hair is awesome.

For a set-up, I would say the following:

Orochi!Gurei@Jounin

-Kunaifaire

-Breaking Sky

-Astra

-Swallow Strike(From Matoi or Kanna via marriage or Saizou A+ Subaki)

-Aggressor

I definitely recommend making him use an Explosive Shuriken or Felicia's Ice Tray for maximum affect.

But can't the magic weapon Shurkiens not trigger skills? In that case, you don't need Astra or Breaking Sky unless you also plan to use physical weapons, and you might be using too much skills on a proc stack if using magic weapons primarily.

I suppose that even with a -3 SPD mod, an Elite Ninja would have 32 SPD left when maxed.

Its like 25 magic base, but Orochi passes a 3 mod and 1 from the child bonus. And then Kunaifaire

----- Changing Topics ------

Yesterday I posted an analysis of Matoi under various parents. Now, I make it no secret that I like Hinoka!Matoi (as do some other users in the forum). I think Hinoka is one of the better options for Matoi. Although, out of curiosity, I was thinking about how she stacks up to other Hinoka-mothered children.

Hinoka's mods:

+1 STR, -1 MAG, -1 SKL, +1 SPD, +0 LCK, -1 Def, +2 Res

Hinoka's mods + child bonus:

+2 STR, +0 MAG, +0 SKL, +2 SPD, +1 LCK, +0 Def, +3 Res

Add these to the father's mods to get the kid's mods.

Husband Kid STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES Husband gets Hinoka gets Kid Gets (Hinoka+Father+Own)

Saizou Gurei +3 +0 +3 +0 +1 +1 +1 Pegasus Ninja Pegasus + Samurai + Ninja

Asama Mitama +4 -3 +0 +3 +1 +1 +3 Pegasus Priestess Pegasus + Herb + Priestess

Hinata Hisame +3 +0 -1 +0 +1 +2 +3 Pegasus Samurai Pegasus + Oni + Samurai

Tsubaki Matoi +1 +0 +2 +0 +0 +3 +2 Lance Fighter Samurai Lance Fighter + Samurai + Peg.

Tsukuyomi Syalla +2 +1 -1 +4 +2 -1 +2 Pegasus Spellcaster Pegasus + Oni + Spellcaster

Nishiki Kinu +3 +0 -3 +4 +2 -2 +5 Pegasus Spellcaster Pegasus + Spellcaster + Fox

Jakob Deere +4 -2 +2 +2 +0 +0 +2 Pegasus Rod Knight Pegasus + Cavalier + Rod

Silas Sophie +3 +0 +2 +2 +0 +0 +2 Pegasus Cavalier Pegasus + Merc + Cavalier

Kaze Midoriko +0 +0 +2 +5 -1 -1 +4 Pegasus Ninja Pegasus + Ninja + Herb

Xander Seigbert +4 -1 -1 +1 +3 +1 +1 Pegasus Cavalier Pegasus + Wyvern + Cav.

Leo Foleo +0 +2 +0 +0 +1 +0 +5 Pegasus Dark Mage Pegasus + Dark Mage + Rod

Hinoka's kids will always Pegasus as a class tree; the only one who doesn't inherit it from Hinoka (Matoi) already has it herself.

Hinoka is unable to pass down her Lance Fighter tree to anyone (not counting possible Avatar pairings) except Matoi.

Note that Hinoka can still pass down Lancefaire, Breaking Sky, Flamboyant, or any other skill in the Lance Fighter tree through a skill inheritance at the time of recruitment, but if she chooses to do this it will be mutually exclusive with passing down an A+ rank skill.

On that note, Hinoka can pass down ONE skill from any of these class trees that her kids might not be able to learn on their own otherwise:

--> Lance Fighter (all kids but Matoi, who does get it and thus can learn its skills on her own)

--> Priestess (A+ with Sakura)

--> Bowman (A+ with Setsuna)

--> Wyvern Rider (A+ with Camilla)

--> Rod Knight (A+ with Azura)

Again, only ONE skill from these five class trees can be passed down to the kid in the inheritance; this means they'll miss all other skills in these trees, both from its own tree and all the other options. This is ignoring the possibility of the father being able to pass down these skills from his A+ or alternate classes, so in some cases they still could get the skills in another way.

Edited by astrophys

Well, the reason I consider Orochi great for Gurei is..

1)Orochi and Saizou seem to have an established relationship since they are seen together a lot and join together

2)Gurei is weird and has great Mag

3)Purple hair is awesome.

For a set-up, I would say the following:

Orochi!Gurei@Jounin

-Kunaifaire

-Breaking Sky

-Astra

-Swallow Strike(From Matoi or Kanna via marriage or Saizou A+ Subaki)

-Aggressor

I definitely recommend making him use an Explosive Shuriken or Felicia's Ice Tray for maximum affect.

Oh I thought that with this nerfed spd and str and good mag he was suposed to end up as smth sifferent than a Jounin. What could be another possible good mother then? I'm not sure of choosing Orochi now, but idk if other mothers are worse xD

Let's be real Gurei's not gonna have more than +2 speed mod at the fastest you can get him, and Setsuna/Aqua are both better getting the already fast people faster rather than wasted fixing Gurei's godawful speed mod.

I think Kagerou's a decent choice, you're still slow as fuck, but you now have +5 str to play with and you can take that nicely to Jounin or Trueblade. If you still want to play with Gurei's magic growth, Kagerou does give Spellcaster, although her own Mag growth is nonexistent so there's that (she does give it to Saizou without affecting his, though, and she can appreciate having Samurai in her own set)

It's more about just keeping the slowness contained than spread it all over places where it could be fast, at any rate.

I think that's the same principle with Orochi; She's never gonna make the kid great (Unlike Kagerou who at least keeps the kid's speed at the same as their parent's and gives a buttload of strength), but if you put her with another slow-ass at least you're keeping the slowness on one child, and Gurei benefits more from her than, say, Kisaragi, who don't want to go near magic and comes with his own Flamboyant/Breaking Sky already, or Shinonome, who, if you really wanted to run Basara instead of Holy Lancer (the superior option) with him, has 2 better options that doesn't kill his good speed and also no class overlap.

If it comes to it, in IK, I suppose you could always run Defensive Formation on Gurei out of an A+ with Ignis if you really worry about him getting doubled, or something. IDK.

Edited by Thor Odinson

But can't the magic weapon Shurkiens not trigger skills? In that case, you don't need Astra or Breaking Sky unless you also plan to use physical weapons, and you might be using too much skills on a proc stack if using magic weapons primarily.

I suppose that even with a -3 SPD mod, an Elite Ninja would have 32 SPD left when maxed.

Its like 25 magic base, but Orochi passes a 3 mod and 1 from the child bonus. And then Kunaifaire.

Felicia's Ice Tray can.Explosive Shuriken is for more damage but you could also run a Mighty Kunai(For guaranteed double)or a Quick Draw Katana which also helps with speed.

Can someone explain me why it is considered Orochi a good mother for Gurei? I know he has a high MAG growth but talking about final mods and grwoths, best class and skillset?

And if someone could also tell me other great mothers for Gurei I would be really pleased! I really like Gurei (I love Gaius) I want him to be the best he can!

I'm not sure if what I ask is already explained in this topic but I couldn't really find anything really deep about it when checking (not checking really good bc there are 58 pages xD)

thanks!! :D

Orochi!Gurei@Exorcist is a great Copycat Healer. Sakura!Gurei can do the same thing, but sacrifices a bit of Mag, Skl, Res and Breaking Bad for salvageable Speed and Defense and access to Renewal, and also lets Orochi give Breaking Bad to someone who wants it more.

So, I've written up a table discussing all of Hinoka's marriage options, the kids that result from them, the mods they get, and the classes that result (for both parents and the kid through marriage seals and inheritance respectively).

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55355&p=3960932

Its post #1157 in this topic (or at the link above)

Just mentioning it in case anyone is interested in seeing all of that stuff compiled into one place.

And what about Felicia!Gurei for a Butler copy cat healer Gurei? Would it be good? (Idk about the mods & growths but S baston rank, acces to kunais and kunaifaire etc.)

Seems pretty legit. Elise would be a good option, too. Higher Magic at the cost of Skl and Spd. Also, Elise can give him a Wyvern skill. The only notable Merc skill is Sol and Explosive Shuriken can't proc it, Felicia's Ice Tray is weak, and it's pretty unreliable anyhow.

Seems pretty legit. Elise would be a good option, too. Higher Magic at the cost of Skl and Spd. Also, Elise can give him a Wyvern skill. The only notable Merc skill is Sol and Explosive Shuriken can't proc it, Felicia's Ice Tray is weak, and it's pretty unreliable anyhow.

Elise cannot marry Saizou

So I think I have a build that might make the Dragonstone (somewhat) viable...

Corrin/Kanna@White Blood (Higher Skl and Def)

-Defensive Formation

-Bind (Free +20 accuracy when attacking/being attacked, Dragonstone is 1 range locked)

-Renewal (Most reliable recovery and couples with Kanna's personal)

-Deadly Breath (I doubt much can stand a 25 mt (not counting Mag stat) Magic attack with 80% HP)

-Clear Mind (Dragonstone+ has Silver Weapon debuffs, if Clear Mind works like I think it does, it only takes 1 turn to recover)/Mirror or Diamond Strike (if it doesn't work like I think it does)

-Defensive Formation

-Bind (Free +20 accuracy when attacking/being attacked, Dragonstone is 1 range locked)

-Deadly Breath (I doubt much can stand a 25 mt (not counting Mag stat) Magic attack with 80% HP)

-Clear Mind (Dragonstone+ has Silver Weapon debuffs, if Clear Mind works like I think it does, it only takes 1 turn to recover)/Mirror or Diamond Strike (if it doesn't work like I think it does)

I was thinking something similar if I ever wanted to do Dragon tank. not sure how useful Deadly Breath would be. just the Dragon Stone means you'll do ~23~27 dmg so Deadly Breath wouldn't really help that much in 1v1. plus it doesn't kill

I was thinking something similar if I ever wanted to do Dragon tank. not sure how useful Deadly Breath would be. just the Dragon Stone means you'll do ~23~27 dmg so Deadly Breath wouldn't really help that much in 1v1. plus it doesn't kill

Deadly Breath was not for the one you attack initially, but their potential Attack Stance partners. I know it doesn't kill, but it does weaken the enemies around them to 80% HP, making it possible to one-shot them potentially.

Alrighty, I consider Siilas x Mozume as one true pairing and want to make both Mozume and Silas OP in both routes to the point to streamrolling every mob in the map. I'm wondering if you guys think these are good class and skill setups for Silas and Mozume, or are there better options?

Nohr route/Invisible Kingdom route

Silas
Class: Great Knight
Skills: Defender, Prescient Victory, Raven Strike (I think Silas gets the Bowman class when marrying Mozume IIRC, if not, then Easy Life and Extravagence for the 2nd and 3rd skills), Diamond Strike, Sol

Mozume
Class: Holy Bowman
Skills: Luna, Line of Death, Easy Life, Extravagence, Lifetaker (when buddying with Nyx)

Hoshido route

Silas
Class: Great Knight (need some Axe users in Hoshido route)
Skills: Same from Nohr route, but replacing Diamond Strike with Astra

Mozume

Class: Either Basara (from Oboro) or Dread Fighter

Skills: Luna, Line of Death, Flamboyant, Easy Life, Extravagence

Edited by Dark Paladin X

-Defensive Formation

I think flamboyant +nohr(pavise+aegis+sol+aether+miracle)would be better than bind+clear mind in that skill set, clear mind does not accomplish anything important for a tank set, and flamboyant gives you the somewhat needed hit rate and boost proc rate for your skills.

Edited by Roxachronc

Can someone help me figure out what a good build for a Lodestar Avatar (Marth Build) would be for a lunatic run/PVP? My current plan is Asset/Flaw= SPD/RES and Skills= Hoshido, Nohr, Speed Drain, Draconic Curse and Vantage (Buying White/Dark Blood skills of a previous run when I afford them). Any advice would be appreciated, because my Robin run got stuck on the last level of the Nohr campaign.

Edited by Phillius

Just inquiring to see if this set-up is decent.

M!Corrin@Dark Blood

Partner-Azura

Secondary-Lancer

-Nohr

-Hoshido

-Dragon Fang

-Swordfaire

-Flamboyant/Aggressor

Azura@Songstress

Partner-M!Corrin

-Aether

-Special Song

-Lancefaire

-Battle Command/Flamboyant

-Breaking Sky

Edited by Azz01

Just inquiring to see if this set-up is decent.

M!Corrin@Dark Blood

Partner-Azura

Secondary-Lancer

-Nohr

-Hoshido

-Dragon Fang

-Swordfaire

-Flamboyant/Aggressor

Azura@Songstress

Partner-M!Corrin

-Aether

-Special Song

-Lancefaire

-Battle Command/Flamboyant

-Breaking Sky

the sets are dissonant. if you want Nohr to be useful, Azura would have to be dragged around in Attack or Guard stance, greatly limiting her use as Songstress and also brings her closer to the pain. Azura herself also has low Str cap and C Rank Lank... so is especially weak as an attacker as well

it's probably better to pain with someone else (at least for Guard/Attack Stance if not Support) if you want to use Nohr, otherwise replace it. as for Azura, if you're going to keep her with Kamui should probably reclass her to basically anything else since she'll have limited use as a Songstress if she has limited position options. if you're going to keep her in Songstress, should probably not pair her with Kamui and also change her set to be more support rather than offensive

I'd like to inquire as to the potential of my pairings for an IK run. Please consider that I'm not adverse to purchasing skills from other My Castle skirmishes or the Logbook, so I suppose I'm primarily focusing on mods and class availability.

I've condensed them into two sets of spoilers to save space. While their respective designations are relatively self-explanatory, I'm willing to take advice on both.

Thank you!

[spoiler=Almost Finalized Pairings]

Setsuna!Midoriko: This pairing isn't so much for Midoriko's benefit, as it is for a 3rd Gen!Kanna with a focus on speed and skill. Her mods would result in:

+7 speed, +4 skill, +1 magic/resistance, -1 strength/defense, -2 luck.

She'd probably inherit Line of Death from Kaze and Swallow Strike from Setsuna's A+ Support with Hinoka.

Midoriko!Kanna: A +speed/-luck Ma!MU with the aforementioned Midoriko results in the following mods:

+11 speed, +6 skill, +1 resistance, +0 magic, -1 defense, -2 strength, -3 luck.

She in turn would inherit Swallow Strike from Midoriko. The skill from Ma!MU will probably be some level 15 promoted class.

Also, Ma!MU will have Ninja as his secondary class as I want Kanna's ending class to be an Elite Ninja but I'd prefer to S-rank her with Lutz instead of Gurei/Grey

Effie!Lutz/Charlotte!Lutz: His function is primarily to be a support unit for Kanna, so toward that end, I'm focusing on maximizing his strength, skill, and speed.

Effie!Lutz has +5 strength, +3 skill, +2 speed, +1 magic/defense, -1 resistance, -2 luck

Charlotte!Lutz has +5 strength, +4 skill, +3 speed, +1 magic, +0 defense, -2 resistance/luck

I'm torn between Charlotte's generally superior mods, and comparatively lackluster inheritance (it's a waste of Charlotte's Fighter line, and Lutz benefits little from Rod Knight) and Effie's slightly inferior stat spread (-1 skill/speed), but with the utility out of the Knight line.

Nyx!Eponine: She's one of the fastest magic users, with the exception of certain Ma!MU and Kanna setups. The -2 skill mod is slightly worrisome with regards to Breaking Sky usage, especially if she ends as a witch with 25 capped skill. As a result, I'd probably be more inclined to augment her offense with damage-buffic skills such as Tomefaire, Aggressor, LoD, and the like rather than proc skills.

She has +6 speed, +4 magic, +3 resistance, +0 luck, -1 strength/defense, -2 skill

Zero would probably pass Swallow Strike via an A+ with Subaki, while Nyx would pass LoD via an A+ with Mozume.

The nice thing about Witch!Eponine is despite her generally low stats, she'll have 40 magic when capped, and the ability to double enemies if their speed is < 40 with her mods, the Witch class's speed cap and Swallow Strike (make that doubling threshold at < 45 if Excalibur is equipped) and that doesn't even consider pair-up

Sakura!Foleo: His purpose is to function as pair up support for Eponine. His final ending class will probably be Dark Falcon for the Magic, Speed, and Movement boosts.

After this, things became a little more uncertain:

[spoiler=Remaining Potential Pairings]

Jakob x Azura: Deere gets Rod Knight, Cavalier, and Pegasus Warrior to be an effective anti-mage + player phase damage tank with Diamond Strike, Mirror Strike, and Tomebreaker.

Shigure gets Wyvern Rider to complement his inherent Pegasus Warrior and Rod Knight.

Both benefit from +4 skill/speed and +3 strength mods.

Even Jakob and Azura benefit, the former gaining Pegasus Warrior, and the latter acquiring Rod Knight if my understanding of Marriage Seals is correct.

Interestingly enough, Shigure could S-rank Mitama for access to a full set of rallies without even needing to use the logbook, namely:

Rally Resistance [RK line], Rally Defense [WK line], Rally Luck/Magic [Priest line], Rally Speed [Peg. Warrior line].

Alternatively, without personal prohibitions on purchasing skills, a more optimal rally set for either himself or Lazward might be in order.

Silas x Hinoka: Both of them and Sophie can access Cavalier and Pegasus Warrior for a Diamond Strike + Mirror Strike build.

The mods aren't terribly impressive, but are positive where it counts: +3 strength and +2 skill/speed for Sophie

Xander x Charlotte: Assuming I don't go with Charlotte!Lutz, this pairing salvages Siegbert's speed while granting him a +6 strength mod. Hero is also a nice class for Xander to use Siegfried in.

Odin x Elise: A good magical pairing with the following mods:

Elise!Ophelia has +5 magic, +3 luck, +1 speed/resistance, +0 strength/skill, -2 defense

However, keeping Ophelia's crit-based personal skill in mind, I'm also considering Orochi!Ophelia with the following mods:

Orochi!Ophelia has: +5 magic, +4 skill, +1 strength/luck/resistance, -1 defense, -2 speed.

Lazward x Luna: Rather low mods overall, but shared Mercenary/Ninja/Pegasus Warrior access is decent, I suppose.

Benoit x Belka: Originally a case of 'pair the spares', their complementary modifiers will result in a slow but defensively tanky Ignis.

Flannel x Camilla: Camilla benefits from accessing the Fighter line, while Flannel and Velour have Deadly Breath as a perk to combo with Four Fangs.

More importantly though, Camilla!Velour has +5 strength, +4 defense, +1 speed, +0 magic/skill/resistance, -1 luck. Basically, Camilla patches up Flannel's notable speed and skill deficiencies while only hurting Velour's luck.

Ryoma x Rinkah: A pairing I initially did just to get Ryoma Lancebreaker and Ogre Strike for his ending class as a Trueblade. Not terribly beneficial for Shinonome though. I wonder if it should be reconsidered.

Takumi x Hana: I'm considering this pairing as it patches Kisaragi's speed while granting him a decent +3 strength mod, and +5 skill. Unfortunately, this makes Takumi A+ Supporting with Ryoma or Hinata a waste, forcing him to go for one of the more magic-oriented classes that Leo or Jakob offer.

Subaki x Oboro: One of the few pairings that grants Matoi access to the Lance Fighter class.

Oboro!Subaki's mods are as follows: +5 defense, +4 skill, +1 strength, +0 magic/speed, -1 luck/resistance.

I didn't expect Matoi to be almost as physically tanky as Ignis, but the comparatively low offenses work well with her Prodigy skill.

Tsukuyomi x Felicia: One of the few remaining options to make a good magical Syalla.

Saizou x Mozume: I was honestly just uncertain where to place Mozume. I was considering Kagerou!Gurei, but neither Saizou nor Kagerou would get a new class, correct? Otherwise, I'd want to stick Kagerou with another low-speed unit to minimize the 'damage' from her negative speed mod.

Hinata x Pieri: Another case of 'pair the spares' whose purpose is just to ensure Hisame exists.

Asama x Kagerou: Mitama gets a respectable +5 strength. The rest of her mods are spectacularly low: +2 resistance, +1 speed/luck/defense/, +0 skill, -2 magic.

At least, she'll make a decent Great Merchant?

Nishiki x Orochi: Initially done with Orochi passing Deadly Breath from her A+ with Camilla and Kinu S-ranking Gurei to cement her status as a passive HP reducer. With that being less necessary in light of purchasable skills, I'm at a loss as to who to pair Nishiki with.