Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a google translate/kanji skim of Asama x Kazahana and it didn't seem too bad

Now I could be wrong and it could be atrocious but I really hope not

I guess whenever it gets translated, then

Since I'm doing Lazward x Camilla, is Marxander a good person to A+ Laz with?

He is imo. Since his A+ options are Flannel, Odin, and Xander, they would give him access to Fighter, Dark Mage, and Paladin respectively. Mercenary and Fighter both have Brave Hero as promotions, so he would only get Fighter and Beserker skills, which aren't really that great besides Max HP +5 and Axefaire. The Dark Mage promotions give him Sorcerer and Lifetaker. However, the Paladin promotions give him Aegis and Luna, and since he has natural access to Sol, Lifetaker is a little less useful. Edited by riolumaster

You too, huh? Glad I'm not the only one.

aah same, I'm surprised I haven't seen others who disliked him ; m ;

I did a google translate/kanji skim of Asama x Kazahana and it didn't seem too bad

Now I could be wrong and it could be atrocious but I really hope not

I guess whenever it gets translated, then

oh okay...I guess I'll start supporting them on my castle battles, and if the support gets bad, I'll just swap over to Mozume.

It's not as much as the individual support for a certain character would bother me, it's more the "wow this guy is a horrible person I'd hate to have anyone marry him"

with that said, I wish he could support with Pieri lol

I have no plans for her and I do want that hair ~

what's wrong with Asama's supports? haven't read most of the supports

I don't know about others, but imo he's incredibly rude and personally I don't like his personality.

Two qualities of characters that I tend to extremely dislike are people with no respect for others // tries to provoke them // intentionally makes them uncomfortable or upset and sadistic characters ~

I didn't realize it until my current run, because I never used him once in Hoshido and didn't end up picking up Mitama

oh, on a sidenote, I just recently picked up Felicia!Eponine and Sakura!Midoriko (the latter had white hair but I guess it was a bug because after I recruited her she had Sakura's hair sighs) but ANYWAYS I'm thinking about making Midoriko a maid (marry her to Dia and use marriage seal) because she's extremely flimsy as a great merchant, even with a shining bow ?

I also plan on keeping Eponine as an Adventurer, so I was thinking I'd make Midoriko a maid and give the bow to Eponine.

Any thoughts ? ; u ; (also is it possible to get more shining bows through weapons DLC? I only have two because I forged one aaaah *so much regret*)

Edited by mimasho

Epo is like the best Shining Bow user provided the parent(Which in this case is good).

As for Mido.I would say go Strategist or Exorcist instead.Maid is good, but it is just difficult to get the Mag shurikens and kunai(Well I think you can buy Exploding Shuriken but they are not the best and don't get me started on Felicia's Ice Tray).

Epo is like the best Shining Bow user provided the parent(Which in this case is good).

As for Mido.I would say go Strategist or Exorcist instead.Maid is good, but it is just difficult to get the Mag shurikens and kunai(Well I think you can buy Exploding Shuriken but they are not the best and don't get me started on Felicia's Ice Tray).

aaah that's a relief ! I'll give Eponine the shining bow then ~ * U *

and oh no ; A ; hmmm I was avoiding those two because..the outfits lol

well, good thing is I don't have many shuriken users (Just Soleil and Sophie, I think they use the assassin ones as dread fighters) so Midoriko can have her pick of the bunch.

Are there any magic based shurikens/kunai besides the explosive one though ?

and oh my gosh. So I just powered up my ds and to see Midoriko's stats..

YEAH her strength isn't bad (it's actually decently high ? especially comparing her to Eponine) but her magic is like, nothing.

Which was why slapping a shining bow on her did little to help her in battle lol

aaah that's a relief ! I'll give Eponine the shining bow then ~ * U *

and oh no ; A ; hmmm I was avoiding those two because..the outfits lol

well, good thing is I don't have many shuriken users (Just Soleil and Sophie, I think they use the assassin ones as dread fighters) so Midoriko can have her pick of the bunch.

Are there any magic based shurikens/kunai besides the explosive one though ?

and oh my gosh. So I just powered up my ds and to see Midoriko's stats..

YEAH her strength isn't bad (it's actually decently high ? especially comparing her to Eponine) but her magic is like, nothing.

Which was why slapping a shining bow on her did little to help her in battle lol

You could try the Shinrai Pike instead.It is buyable in the Hoshido Armory and is pretty good.

If the hypothetical growths calculations are correct (Mother growths+child growths)/2, then due to how low Midoriko's personal mag is, she's not going to have a lot of Mag unless you put her into a high-magic class. For now, though, as great merchant only, she only has 27.5% mag (all personal, GM has no mag growth of its own) growth while 50% str growth (30 personal+20 Class), since Sakura's personal strength, for a magic unit, is actually not too shabby and is the same as Midoriko's anyway.

If you're doing this for postgame then I'd just recommend levelling her as a Exorcist for a while if you want her to eventually go magic and take advantage of the +mag cap instead of her -str cap

You could try the Shinrai Pike instead.It is buyable in the Hoshido Armory and is pretty good.

ooh okay, thanks for the advice ! * U *

If the hypothetical growths calculations are correct (Mother growths+child growths)/2, then due to how low Midoriko's personal mag is, she's not going to have a lot of Mag unless you put her into a high-magic class. For now, though, as great merchant only, she only has 27.5% mag (all personal, GM has no mag growth of its own) growth while 50% str growth (30 personal+20 Class), since Sakura's personal strength, for a magic unit, is actually not too shabby and is the same as Midoriko's anyway.

If you're doing this for postgame then I'd just recommend levelling her as a Exorcist for a while if you want her to eventually go magic and take advantage of the +mag cap instead of her -str cap

Yep, it's basically postgame since I'm on the last two chapters and don't plan to be using her ~

aah I mainly wanted a shuriken user since I'm not really using any at the moment..I would consider her for puppeteer too,

but she just doesn't seem good with a bow. That might be just me though.

I don't have any tomes to spare for her since I'm already focusing on my Kamui, Shara, and Ophelia as the primary magic users ><

I'll give that a thought though, but honestly if that's the case I might just not use her ><

but thanks for the help ! * U *

looks like I screwed myself over ><

Well, she can always level as Exorcist then come back to a class where she can use magic weapons instead of tomes

Sakura!Midoriko is really supposed to run Miracle tank supported by her dad for two shots at proccing miracle instead of one, I recommend A+ to Kinu to grab Flamboyant if you get a chance, since it'll stack with her personal skill

I guess this is too late to tell you to pass Line of Death from Suzukaze to her, but she can still run off Extravagance for more damage if that helps; She can proc Easy Life often so she'll have a good supply of gold coins too

Well, she can always level as Exorcist then come back to a class where she can use magic weapons instead of tomes

Sakura!Midoriko is really supposed to run Miracle tank supported by her dad for two shots at proccing miracle instead of one, I recommend A+ to Kinu to grab Flamboyant if you get a chance, since it'll stack with her personal skill

I guess this is too late to tell you to pass Line of Death from Suzukaze to her, but she can still run off Extravagance for more damage if that helps; She can proc Easy Life often so she'll have a good supply of gold coins too

yeah, but my point is that I just want to stick her right into her end-game class without having to worry about anything...

because leveling her in a class other than her end-game one will be a bit difficult for me since I have units using the same weapons that can do a lot better;

aaah yeah, I was under the conception that I had all the skills from the parents set, so I ended up passing locktouch to her xD

I didn't bother to check until after I did her paralogue too...which was a huge mistake on my part haha ~

Sakura passed down something useless too, I think it was clone ? which I guess helps b/c I give all my child units clone eventually so it's easier to grind them up for levels. But thanks, I'm going to see if I can still pick up those skills for her (and maybe aptitude while I'm at it), and even if I don't end up using her this time around,

it'll help for my Lunatic IK run ! (though I'm gonna go with my gut and marry Suzukaze to Felicia and Zero to Pieri this time ><)

And I'll think about running her through the exorcist line as well, if I decide to use her !

*also, sorry I'm just incredibly lazy // unmotivated when I end up with subpar children so though it may seem like I've essentially given up on her, your advice is still very much appreciated ! ; U ;

Toughts on the amiibo units?

Obviously they lack supports, but are their legendary weapons somewhat enough to justify its use? I mean Ragnell is one of the few 1-2 range swords and Falchions could be useful for Kamuis and Kannas, but since i dont have the game yet, so it would be good to know how people that have used them think about their usefulness.

Edited by Roxachronc

Toughts on the amiibo units?

Obviously they lack supports, but are their legendary weapons somewhat enough to justify its use? I mean Ragnell is one of the few 1-2 range swords and Falchions could be useful for Kamuis and Kannas, but since i dont have the game yet, so it would be good to know how people that have used them think about their usefulness.

Haven't used Amiibos personally, but from what I'm hearing Marth and Lucina are both pretty good due to their classes and Ike is at best meh due to his really low speed cap. Jury's still out on Robin but I could see him working alright - his caps hurt him, but tomes are pretty good in this game.

Okay just wandering now that I finally am getting a chance to play the game.

Should I marry Aqua to Lazward or Odin for my Nohr playthrough?I am still undecided.Also, Luna will be marrying the other person who does not get Aqua.

Edited by Azz01

Okay just wandering now that I finally am getting a chance to play the game.

Should I marry Aqua to Lazward or Odin for my Nohr playthrough?I am still undecided.Also, Luna will be marrying the other person who does not get Aqua.

Azura has a better magic growth, so I'd give her to Odin and pair Lazward/Luna. Odin's base magic growth is quite low for a magic user, which hurts Ophelia quite a bit compared to other kids like Foleo or Shara. Shigure also appreciates getting an offensive proc in Vengeance, while Ophelia likes the speed boost and Swallow Strike. I'm inclined to think that Soleil can also stomach Luna's mods and growths a little better than Ophelia can - Luna's growths largely force a physical kid, and Soleil is better built for that than Ophelia.

For my (far into the future) Hoshido Lunatic run, I am pairing up Azura and +Spd Kamui. I've noticed Shigure's really good strength growth and decided to make him a White Blood. I was thinking of buddying him with Hinata's kid to make him a Trublade for some speed growth and Astra. Think it will work?

Also, what would be a good build for a Kaze!Kanna as a Basara? I wanna double up on Defense and Speed Seal. Is Breaking Sky worth the risk?

Thanks again HeoandReo.

Anyways here are my pairings for Nohr:

Mamui x Zero

Joker x Felicia(It was left overs)

Cyrus x Elise

Suzukaze x Belka

Marx x Charlotte

Leon x Nyx

Lazward x Luna

Odin x Aqua

Harold x Pieri

Benoit x Elfie

Flannel x Camilla

Thoughts?

For my (far into the future) Hoshido Lunatic run, I am pairing up Azura and +Spd Kamui. I've noticed Shigure's really good strength growth and decided to make him a White Blood. I was thinking of buddying him with Hinata's kid to make him a Trublade for some speed growth and Astra. Think it will work?

Also, what would be a good build for a Kaze!Kanna as a Basara? I wanna double up on Defense and Speed Seal. Is Breaking Sky worth the risk?

Well, from what I've seen, it's good to keep at least one proc on hand, so yes.

Thanks again HeoandReo.

Anyways here are my pairings for Nohr:

Mamui x Zero

Joker x Felicia(It was left overs)

Cyrus x Elise

Suzukaze x Belka

Marx x Charlotte

Leon x Nyx

Lazward x Luna

Odin x Aqua

Harold x Pieri

Benoit x Elfie

Flannel x Camilla

Thoughts?

Suzukaze and Belka? Can you explain this one?

Well, from what I've seen, it's good to keep at least one proc on hand, so yes.

Suzukaze and Belka? Can you explain this one?

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that they were also filler.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that they were also filler.

Ahh alright, that makes sense. Because iirc she hampers Midoriko's speed. Also, Cyrus and Elise? The rest I understand and to me they seem like good pairings.

How Is Aqua!Kinu for glass cannon what skills do you recommend would Aqua!Kinu!Kanna be good with Strength/luck or Speed/luck?

+Speed Azura!Kinu!Kanna and Setsuna!Kinu!Kanna have the highest speed caps possible iirc. They get a +10 modifier, which is not the highest mod possible, but in Nine-Tailed Fox with Beaststone+ they hit around 50 speed unassisted. For comparison, a Kanna with the highest speed mod(+11) in the highest speed class otherwise(Elite Ninja/Trueblade) hits 46. I'm inclined to favour Setsuna!Kinu, since the defenses are quite a bit better than Azura's, while all other offensive stats are matched. Setsuna has worse growths though, so it'll depend on if this is for the ingame campaign or PvP.

It may be a bit of overkill, so depending on your purposes +Strength could work. The luck flaw prevents it from being as high as it could, but a +6 mod should work well. Instead of 50, they'll hit 46 with Beaststone+, so they'll still match the high speed non-fox Kannas.

Edited by HeoandReo