Concerning the quality of Fates

(Groan) I guess there is nothing left to do but set aside the gold necessary for both the game and the Third Path dlc now. I was hoping to avoid getting any dlc until after I beat the first story. Since I have hear nothing but praise for the gameplay itself, I am still going to get it though. I am looking forward to see how badly Nohr flopped in order to get such a negative response. And who knows, maybe the localization will make a bit more sense.

Can't say I was expecting ANY good out of the story for either.

I mean "Hey, we're bringing in notable author X!"

Another prime example of stunt casting, I guess. It flops with actors and now with writers apparently.

• 1 year later...

DualMix, You made some interesting points regarding Hosido vs Nohr. I will say though that I enjoy Nohr immensly more than Hoshido. Having said that, this does not mean that Nohr has the better story, as I think all three are bad. I will say that I like the Norh characters a LOT better than Hoshido's. Hana to me came across as a ronchy brat with a Mia complex (character from Radiant Dawn). Oborro I don't really care for either or Hinoka for that matter. That might be due though to the fact that I don't like Pegasus unless I'm killing mages, otherwise I think Dragon Lords are vastly superior. The few characters that I do like are, Hinata (reminds me of Edward in terms, of strength and defense) Rinka, and Scarlet hey, she's a Wyvern lord.

Nohr on the other hand there are a LOT of characters I like starting with Silas (who doesn't like this guy) he's a solid unit and a very likeable guy, then there's Arthur, Effie, Benny, my main man Keaton. The few Nohr characters I don't like are Niles ( I like Shura better) Odin, Laslow, and Selanna. Also for me, I think Nohr has the better classes Paladins, Great Knights, Heroes, Berserkers, Wyverns ect. While Hoshido has some very interesting classes at least I like Nohr's better and think they are more reliable also it feels like every other class is being pushed into a healer class on Hoshido.