Who do you consider the Main Character?

There's no reason to get in a fuss over male SMs getting to SS rank, especially since they're the only tier two class able to do so. I doubt it has anything to do with them being male. But it's entirely off-topic, so let's move away from that.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, September 7, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, September 7, 2015 - No reason given

The real main character is clearly Weegee. :Kappa:

Edited by EricTheMerc91

I'd agree with this more, if Ike wasn't as clearly the "hero" to root for when their armies clash, Micaiah does have some good grey moments in P3 however then come part 4 they do share the spotlight again.

I'd also say Elincia and Tibarn are secondary protagonists to a point.

Ike is the "hero" to root for when the armies clash because we have a different perspective from the story. We know Micaiah's group is on the wrong, and Ike's group is on the right, and people more often than not cheer for the right side.

I also defend that both are the main characters of the game. Without Micaiah (and Yune), Ike wouldn't have been able to stop Ashera. Without Ike's help, the war wouldn't have gone so nicely for the heroes, since he's crucial in winning important battles.

Edited by Rapier

Except there is no perception that Micaiah's side, which is just Begnion's side, is "right." outside of some racist npc's.

That's why I said Ike was the hero to root for during part 3. Micaiah was being controlled by Begnion, which brought her to grey morality compared to Ike and the Apostle's white morality. This doesn't mean she stops being one of the main characters.

Sure, I just don't really get what "perspective" has to do with it. Again, unless you're a racist npc, Ike's side being the right one is the only perspective.

I meant that the story's perspective makes us see Ike as the hero against Micaiah's "evil side", when actually Micaiah is still pretty much a relatable hero struggling against the Blood Pact and trying to keep Daein alive, even thought she becomes a puppet for Begnion in exchange. She doesn't become less of a hero.

Ike is the main character even though the game started off with Micaiah. The previous game Ike was the main character and this is his second game and if Micaiah was the main character she would've been the one to defeat Ashera. I wish though that you had more time to work with Micaiah and her units though because I think I enjoyed those characters more than on Ike's side.