Kunai on the Wiki  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a Kunai Page

• Yes - Make a Kunai Page
    • No - Use the Knive Page
    • No Comment
    • Others (Please Specify)

Hello Folks

Long story short, there is currently no page for Kunais on the Wiki. It's also been rather awhile since they introduced a new type of weapon to the game, so the long story short is, some people have been linking Kunais to Knives, while I personally feel that a separate page should be made for Kunais.

So I made this thread to see the community's opinion on this issue, I suppose.

(It'd be really ironic if I ended up making it "worse" from my perspective)

That's kind of it really, I also do plan on adding the Kunais and Shurikens to the Wiki as well. It's kind of complicated, sigh.

Knives and kunai really don't have anything in common other than low might. Knives had high crit, kunai are based around debuffing. Really, I suspect the main reason people are linking to knives is because they superficially resemble each other in a physical sense, but even that doesn't apply to shuriken which should probably be on the same page as kunai since they use the same weapon skill.

Edit- Clubs are axes because they use the same weapon skill. A unit that can only use axes can still use clubs by my understanding.

Edited by capmalachi

Since the 'Knife' weapon type, by definition, only exists in the Tellius games, I don't see why people think the new Kunai weapon type needs to be forcibly merged with it. It should definitely get its own page. I guess it could get confusing in a few cases because some of the kunai weapons actually do have 'knife' in their names, but none of their names overlap with the Tellius knives so it should be fine.

Does the name literally translate to Kunai for Iron/bronze/etc Kunai? Or is it a more open word that could translated as Knife as well, but we're just going with the Treehouse translation?

...because honestly throwing Knives work better aesthetically for the Europeanesque Nohr kingdom. It looks like all of the hidden weapons outside of the Iron/Steel/etc Kunai have been translated to Knife as well... So yeah, is it literally Kunai? Or does Knife/Throwing Knife make more sense? :\

(Not a translator but glancing at the Japanese the words do appear different for the Kunai set vs the Knife sets... Anyone have some more info?)

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

It's called anki 暗器 (lit. concealed weapon), both the Nohrian knife-like weapon and the weapon type itself. Tellius knives are called..... naifu (ナイフ).

Edited by Ryo

I think they're supposed to be knives (why are they localised as kunai is beyond me, as they're definitely Nohrian in design), but seeing that they differ in terms of function, it's probably better to introduce them separately.

Yeah, I understand the reason behind it, but I think it's more detrimental to have Kunai and Knives together. As mentioned, there is little to no overlap between the Knives and Kunai, so they're better of separate IMO.