FAQ for gameplay mechanics?

Bovinian

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a stickied FAQ for gameplay mechanics-related questions?

• Yes
    • No

I've been seeing a lot of these questions being asked around the subforum, sometimes in several different topics. Sometimes these are answered immediately within a particular thread, but another user who missed that particular post in the thread may have the same question and ask it again somewhere else. In other cases, nobody has an immediate answer to the question, and a complete answer must be formulated in steps slowly through experimentation, often by multiple different users across several different threads. There is the "I just want to know one thing" thread, but it's difficult to find specific answers within all of the pages, and questions often go unnoticed/unanswered.

Until a page (or several) fully describing these mechanics is completed on the main site (which will probably not happen for a while), I feel like it would be convenient to have a single stickied FAQ thread that tries to address the commonly asked questions on its first page, as a collaborative effort. Good or bad idea?

Examples including but not limited to:

- How do you determine the classes that are passed down from parents to children?

- How do you determine the classes that units can access with Marriage and Buddy Seals?

- How does "ability to double attack" work?

- How does insert skill here specifically work?

- How does Skill X work in tandem with Skill Y?

- Does insert returning gameplay mechanic here work the same way as in Awakening?

- In what order does a unit learn previously missed skills when reclassing at Level X?

- Can katana-using classes use swords, etc.

- Is Marth and Roy Dark Magic in this game?

- Other things that I can't recall at the moment, but can be added later on

Part of me is wondering if these FAQs can't just be in the individual pinned topics : P

Like all the skill-related questions could have a FAQ in the skill topic, etc.

I guess that could work, since there are so many pinned topics already. Though I feel like some mechanics-related questions may not obviously fit into one specific thread, it would require multiple topic creators to continually update each of the FAQs, and it might just be easier for people if they were all in a single thread. Maybe it isn't the most efficient solution, but that's just my opinion.