What is the "Common" Strategy?

What exactly is the usual strat for RD? Some character seem to be rated very well for no reason. The strat I use is Aran, Sothe. Harr, Ike, and Stefan. So why is:

Mia the best trueblade:

Mia is easy to raise but the Greil Mercies are so overpowered anyway. She doesn't really add anything to their team. In the endgame her bad caps slow her down. At least Eddy and ZIhark are HELPFUL at some point, although, my favorite is Stefan. He is like what MIa is supposed to be.

Jill so useful:

Nolan seems like he outclasses Jill to the end. When you get Jill Nolan will be at a higher level. By the time Jill catches up Nolan will have Tarvos. Finally, in the endgame Jill and Nolan only have 1 range (Tomahawk kinda blows) and low Res so I don't think their that useful.

So why are these guys rated so well.

In HM, Mia adds a lot to the team. The thought process of "the GMs being overpowered" is a misconception. The GMs as a whole are not overpowered. In HM, bases becomes more important and Mia's base speed doubles literally everything for all of part 3 in a team where doubling is a luxury. Combine that with a max Mt/Crit Forge and any support for +Atk and she becomes a very valuable unit. It's not that she doesn't add anything to the GMs, she's part of the reason that they are considered overpowered. Shinon's the same deal. Also, TB's have great caps for 4-E.

Jill is useful because she's your only Flier in the DB. A heavily invested Jill is crucial for ending some of the more painful maps quickly (3-12, 3-6, 3-13) and part 4 has a raging hard on for fliers. She's also got really good caps for 4-E. Nolan is good, but has nowhere near the same impact as Jill for efficiency.

The usual strat in RD is train Nolan, give him beastfoe, give every statbooster + paragon to Jill, use overpowered units, give speedwings to Haar, stomp part 3, then use Royals for part 4.

My standard strategy how to train the DB members:

• Since Edward is way to fragile for the frontline, I mainly let him attack with range swords. In 3-6 I let his HP bring down to wrath-zone first to get free criticals.
  • Zihark with an A-support in earth and resolve is an excellent frontunit in 3-6 and 3-12. 3-13 is a little bit dangerous, because the enemies have +15% hit. However strengthwise he's worse than Mia and Edward.
  • Mia needs the less effort to be trained since she's member of the strongest group and benefits by Ike's three authority stars
  • Jill is definitely the best DB member and the best axe user in endgame, because she's a flyer and has a better speed cap than Haar. I give her one of the two angelic robes in part 1 (and if necessary Leo's dracoshield). In part 3 she's defintiely the best user of beastfoe in 3-6, because she can get a free kill each turn with range weapons. Thanks canto she can fly back.
  • Nolan is better than Boyd in the longrun overall because of his higher speed and earth-support. If you give him an angelic robe, an earth support and a few levels, he can survive two hits by the tigers in part 3. Crossbow, beastfoe and vantage are a very good combination for him in 3-13. Not as great as Jill in endgame, but a very useful unit for the DB.
Edited by Mister CatTeaDawn

Even on NM the GMs start having trouble doubling things towards 3-8. Mia will double them all, which is part of the reason she's so good. Jill can fly and kill stuff more easily, especially with her great growths. Nolan's are good too but he can't fly, and flyers can do a lot to salvage a situation.

Even on NM the GMs start having trouble doubling things towards 3-8. Mia will double them all, which is part of the reason she's so good. Jill can fly and kill stuff more easily, especially with her great growths. Nolan's are good too but he can't fly, and flyers can do a lot to salvage a situation.

Only if you don't give them levels.

Shinon reaches his 26 speed easily. He can double everything except for swordmasters and bosses. Same goes for Nephenee.

Ike with bexp. (and speedwing if necessary) can double everyone, because he has 30 speed cap.

Only if you don't give them levels.

Shinon reaches his 26 speed easily. He can double everything except for swordmasters and bosses. Same goes for Nephenee.

Ike with bexp. (and speedwing if necessary) can double everyone, because he has 30 speed cap.

I meant in general. Nephenee used to double SMs too, but Oscar and Titania are starting to have trouble doubling Halbs (though they're almost at third tier.) Soren can't double anything pretty much. Rolf doesn't double snipers and warriors anymore with capped speed.

I'm using a lot of the GMs of you couldn't tell, and as of now only Haar is third tier. I'm slowly injecting them with BEXP so that the others will get there too.

If you're referring to RedFox's tier list, it goes by an "effeciency" criteria. Which basically means, characters that "cost less" (that take less resources and time to be good) are best/better. That's why Haar is insane, even though he doesn't have flashy stats like someone like Edward or Fiona by the end.

Mia's the best of her kind because she excels in Hard Mode and in effecient play. You can pretty much just give her Adept and a Forge, and she'll be among the best offensive powerhouse in your team. Everyone one else in HM are rather iffy...

Jill's class just gives her an advantage over most others (high mobility + flight), decent bases, builds great Spd (really important for HM) and she'll be the best by the end of Part 1/start of Part 3.

If you're referring to RedFox's tier list, it goes by an "effeciency" criteria. Which basically means, characters that "cost less" (that take less resources and time to be good) are best/better. That's why Haar is insane, even though he doesn't have flashy stats like someone like Edward or Fiona by the end.

Does BEXP counts as a resource when considering efficiency? I find that to be a dealbreaker when considering if a character is a Haar or a Meg.

My biggest gripe about some FE players are that they forget that level ups in this series of games are RANDOM. Player CAN'T EVEN ALLOCATE GIVEN STAT POINTS TO WHICHEVER ATTRIBUTES THEY WISH! Units tend to get zero-stat or +1 MaxHp each level up than averages, so why people rate their playthrough's characters based on having perfect all-stats-increase level ups from level 1 unpromoted to max level final tier?

That's why generally bases WILL ALWAYS BE more important than growths.

And people use Stefan if they want a 2nd TB to use both SS swords but find either myrm/SM of Team We-So-Weak to much of a pain to raise

I meant in general. Nephenee used to double SMs too, but Oscar and Titania are starting to have trouble doubling Halbs (though they're almost at third tier.) Soren can't double anything pretty much. Rolf doesn't double snipers and warriors anymore with capped speed.

I'm using a lot of the GMs of you couldn't tell, and as of now only Haar is third tier. I'm slowly injecting them with BEXP so that the others will get there too.

I'm pretty sure that most halberdiers and snipers don't have more than 22 speed in part 3 on NM, so snipers should double them. Even on HM most of them have 22 speed except for very few ones in 3-F. Fun fact: In 3-F on EM the enemies have higher levels and stats than on NM + HM. However the number of enemies is smaller, so you can reach Pelleas and other DB members much easier in time.

Titania and Oscar without speed boosts can't double anything except for magic users and generals.

Soren is a magic user and you know, how much speedscrewed they're in this game.

I'm sorry I wasn't very clear with my previous post my strategy starts. Here's my strategy:

1.p-1.2: I just use what I got to get through these chapters.

1.3: This is the chapter I get Aran I try to level him up as much as possible.

1.4-1.5: Aran continues to level up by the end he's quite overpowered. (From here most chapter don't give me any trouble so they will not be listed)

1.6.2: Tauroneo gets a 2-3 javelins and heads straight for the boss Everyone else tries to save Fiona.

Part 2 is the usual strategy since you don't get to level up a whole lot.

3.p-3.1: Use what I got

3.2-3.F: Haar and Ike wreck everything literately no chapter gives me trouble.

3.6: Sothe takes savoir and rescues Micaiah. (he will do this for the rest of the game) Then my field is only Sothe with the beastkiller and Aran with beastfoe.

That one chapter with the rocks and canyon: (I forgot which one this is) The same as above but Sothe mostly stays back and Aran has paragon or resolve.

3.13: Aran gets celerity and head straight for Ike. I make him a custom lance (in one of the previous chapters as forge isn't available). High skill + high crit weapon along with Ike low luck and Aran's ability to use his mastery skill by now = Ike dying pretty fast.

Hopefully that cleared some things up.

I'm pretty sure that most halberdiers and snipers don't have more than 22 speed in part 3 on NM, so snipers should double them. Even on HM most of them have 22 speed except for very few ones in 3-F. Fun fact: In 3-F on EM the enemies have higher levels and stats than on NM + HM. However the number of enemies is smaller, so you can reach Pelleas and other DB members much easier in time.

Titania and Oscar without speed boosts can't double anything except for magic users and generals.

Soren is a magic user and you know, how much speedscrewed they're in this game.

They both had 24 speed, Oscar was capped. Rolf can double Halbs, but he can't double snipers anymore (and sometimes 23 speed Halbs too.) Not a huge issue now since all my main units are third tier but Soren, Rolf, and Marcia on 3-11.

HM has no WTA so lance doesn't have advantage over Ike's swordlock

And KirbySS are you taking Aran to Endgame as the Wishblade user over Nephee? His speed cap is below 34

I think he's referring to an impale/crit proc.

I know that the halberdiers have up to 23 speed in 3-11 on HM, but you were talking about NM in a previous post. So I'm a little bit surprised.

I can't even remember ever have seen an enemy sniper with 23 speed in part 3 (even on HM). The enemy halberdiers and snipers start to have >=23 speed in 4-1 on HM.

Whoops forgot to include part 4. Here it is:

Team Micaiah: This team has so many weak people with Micaiah, still not classed up Sothe, Sanaki, Sigurn, etc. The chapters are slow and careful though even if you only send the royals they can do it. However, I usually send Haar with them for the desert level. I also recruit Stefan.

Team Ike: Because of my small team size I always end up having a lot of bexp and/or stat boost left. Even if Ike not lvl 20/20/20 he's easily powerful enough to get through these chapter by himself. (That stupid sleep staff priest on Ike.2 always gives me trouble). I also recruit Oliver.

Team Tibarn: It has Tibarn. I also added Aran for taking care of crossbow guys.

In the rebirth chapters I use Aran, Haar, Ike, Micaiah-carrying Sothe, and stat boosted/bexped Stefan to beat all the goons except in (rebirth 4 where I go for the boss). Then I kill the boss (make sure to bring a random sword user to get wyrmslayer blessed)

Stefan contributed to what exactly? I don't understand the op here.

Very little I just got too many stat boost.

And KirbySS are you taking Aran to Endgame as the Wishblade user over Nephee? His speed cap is below 34

*Coughresovlecough*

P.S. I under stand why Mia and JIll are the rated so well now though so much appreciation!

Jill is the best unit in the desert chapter. Her luck and res. are high enough to dodge the sleep stave and her strength and speed are high enough to double and ORKO all the enemies (dracos with brave axes).

Does BEXP counts as a resource when considering efficiency? I find that to be a dealbreaker when considering if a character is a Haar or a Meg.

Of course. Anything that can be given and distributed among the team counts as a resource. Which reminds me, how said character happens to use certain resources also affects their placement among the tier list. Characters that use resources better than others are generally assigned to them, unless they really don't need them. If you're giving BEXP to Astrid (for example), she's taking that opportunity from someone who can do much better with that.

My biggest gripe about some FE players are that they forget that level ups in this series of games are RANDOM. Player CAN'T EVEN ALLOCATE GIVEN STAT POINTS TO WHICHEVER ATTRIBUTES THEY WISH! Units tend to get zero-stat or +1 MaxHp each level up than averages, so why people rate their playthrough's characters based on having perfect all-stats-increase level ups from level 1 unpromoted to max level final tier?

That's why generally bases WILL ALWAYS BE more important than growths.

We don't forget that stat growths happen to be random by the end (just like Hitrates). But for the sake of consistent arguements (because that's just what it is, a sort of sport, for the mind), we use averages to argue about who's better and who's not. Yeah, your Sigrun may have gotten 4 Spd procs straight (at 25% Spd growth...), but that doesn't mean that'll happen realistically.

Jill is the best unit in the desert chapter. Her luck and res. are high enough to dodge the sleep stave and her strength and speed are high enough to double and ORKO all the enemies (dracos with brave axes).

This is why we bring pure waters for Haar and sleep bait for the staves.

The common strategy is to focus on reducing turncounts to as low as humanly possible before going online to brag about it and mock people with higher turncounts. The latter is very important as it shows true mastery and understanding of FE.

The common strategy is to focus on reducing turncounts to as low as humanly possible before going online to brag about it and mock people with higher turncounts. The latter is very important as it shows true mastery and understanding of FE.

I think LTC can be very fun when you're not grinding your sanity on endless amounts of resets. This, of course, is when you go all out. All or nothing. Get 'dat 4% Crit, dodge those 85%s and you save that delicious turn. However, when you take a step back and think on what you're doing, play it a little safe, it's awesome. Effeciency is basically the least amount of effort to get low turn-counts, but it can also be pretty limited (as to what's effecient and the what not)...

What a wonderful contribution you have made to this thread.

The sad part is, what he said, is kind of true!