Any characters that you hate fighting? (SSB)

Draco

Could apply to any game in the series, but I'm mainly concerned with Smash 4 right now.

Let's say you go to For Glory, you start up a match in 1v1. For the most part, you don't care who your opponent is, but you pray to Palutena God that it's not a select few.

For me, it's Zero Suit Samus, Captain Falcon, Sonic, and Link.

ZSS because it seems she's too fast for me to properly react to. The stunning is annoying and almost every person I've seen that plays her spams.

CF because, again, he's much too fast for me and is still very strong. His Smash attacks are really strong for some reason and it seems like he can move right out of it very quickly. Everyone and their mother has been able to land his spike and he has way too many killing moves. Raptor boost is dumb in that it covers a lot of the stage, always hits me even when I dodge, and is a killing move iirc.

Sonic people are again too fast. I can never land a hit on them and use the grabs a lot.

Links just spam projectiles. I've seen few that use him legitimately.

It's also worth noting that I abhor grabs. A lot. They just slow down the fight considerably I think. Most people that use them, will use them a lot. It's frustrating.

So how about you?

And I don't just mean For Glory. Any mode.

Edited by Draco

I really hate fighting Mario, Luigi, Link, Captain Falcon, and Sonic.

Sheik, I can tolerate. She's not as bad as the others I've faced, though she used to be on my list. It probably has something to do with me not being able to react fast enough, or not knowing how to counterattack against a certain character.

And it's not much fun to fight people with counters, because some of the opponents I've fought have just spammed it...

Yeah, I hate fighting a few characters.

Peach, Greninja, and Lucina because I hate them as characters. Peach is just annoying as hell to fight against regardless too.

Kirby and Jigglypuff because annoying floaty-ness. >_<

ZSS because she's OP and no matter who I use, I can't do shit against her. Same with Sheik.

Villager is annoying to fight against too.

Edited by Anacybele

Duck Hunt. His ranges for his smash attacks are so awkward that I always end up being hit by them and I typically play with characters that are close range fighters. He is also relatively quick and his rapid jab attack is pretty annoying.

People who taunt after an undeserved victory fill me with rage. Or just taunt when they really shouldn't, like when I get thrown off the edge.

Oh, and I don't like fighting Rosalina either. I was playing Lucas once on For Glory and they killed me at 17% by taking my PK Thunder. Wow.

I can't stand Falco or Wario. In general, though, I can't stand playing against players with impeccable spacing.

Players with lightning inputs are also irksome, but at least I can use someone like Robin to slow them down to my level.

It also helps that I also main Yoshi, who is stupidly good in this game.

Edited by Tamarsamar

Yoshi always gets me.

So difficult to fight against, same with Villager.

It sounds so stupid but I can't stand King Deedeedee (is that how you spell it?). I don't know why he's so damn difficult for me. I lose consistently to him but...maybe it's my match up...? OTL

I17P0hh.gif

MY MAINS....

Anyway, the ones i cant handle...man...I just cant deal with Sonic. Captain Falcon is difficult for me to deal with too. Fox with his speedy spam of spamminess can just...go and stay go. Its the really turbo fast characters i cant deal with in a match.

i don't like fighting villager or toon link in smash 4 since dealing with their camping is really annoying. rosalina is also annoying, but not as those who i already mentioned.

i hate fighting ice climbers as pichu in melee but that's unwinnable so w/e.

It sounds so stupid but I can't stand King Deedeedee (is that how you spell it?). I don't know why he's so damn difficult for me. I lose consistently to him but...maybe it's my match up...? OTL

As a Dedede sub-main, I'll tell you some of Dedede's weaknesses. Dedede's weight and recovery make him very tough to kill, yet his slower moves, large hitbox, and worst air speed in the game make him mad combo-able. Also, any attack that deals 3% or more damage can reflect Gordo. If you tell me your main, I might have more tips.

My most hated characters are Spam, Shield, Auto-Cancel Aerial, and Wario.

@freezing azure: A one word post is considered Spam.

Edited by Zera

In this topic... people need to Git Gud.

There are annoying things about every character. Either counterpick a character or have a better strategy for dealing with it.

In fact, if you want advice against a certain character, just let me know here.

Edited by Knife

As a Dedede sub-main, I'll tell you some of Dedede's weaknesses. Dedede's weight and recovery make him very tough to kill, yet his slower moves, large hitbox, and worst air speed in the game make him mad combo-able. Also, any attack that deals 3% or more damage can reflect Gordo. If you tell me your main, I might have more tips.

My most hated characters are Spam, Shield, Auto-Cancel Aerial, and Wario.

@freezing azure: A one word post is considered Spam.

xD Alright thank you. My mains are Pikachu and Ike (and now Roy too probably).

Edited by Hatsuoki

In this topic... people need to Git Gud.

There are annoying things about every character. Either counterpick a character or have a better strategy for dealing with it.

In fact, if you want advice against a certain character, just let me know here.

In this topic...some of the most unhelpful advice ever. Just because you find things easy doesn't others do. This is literally a topic on what people find annoying on For Glory, so expect this kind of stuff.

On topic, I really hate fighting bad Links/Nesses. I usually win, but the whole thing is really tedious.

Sanic and Shulk, because the Rooster would be perfect without these annoying trolls.

Then there are Villager and Duck Hunt Duo because they constantly keep you busy with their projectile game.

That's about it.

Really just Sheik because Sheik is dumb to fight against in general due to how stupid her toolbox is.

...don't you play rosaluma

also I hate dealing with quick attack over wifi