lol

I don't even play FF, but I don't have access to the newer ones? Should I play the older games from before their betrayal of Nintendo?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

2. 2. Which is better?

• FF10
    • FE10
  3. 3. Which is better?

4. 4. Which one is better?

5. 5. Which one is better?

I don't care if you disagree with my opinion?

Skyward Sword's motion controls sucked so much ass that it made it hard for me to even enjoy playing the game. I could only have kind of accurate motion controls for like 2 minutes before I needed to recalibrate it because Link's sword kept going alllllllll he way to the right or left when I was pointing it forward. It was so bad it even made fighting bokoblins annoying to fight because Link just would not respond to the Wiimote lie he was supposed to. It's fucking ridiculous.

Then don't post your opinions. People are going to reply to them if you do.

And you had a crappy Wii remote or something then, because I absolutely never had the issues you're talking about.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just barely too young to have enjoyed Gamecube in its prime, so I said Wii for my favorite console. As much as I love both the DS and 3DS, Gameboy Advance was my first ever handheld, so it has a special place in my heart.

I only had the Wii version of twilight princess and it worked perfectly fine to me. For some things it worked a lot better like aiming the bow was more akin to a mouse on PC which I much prefer and it had extra slots to equip items. I also know that you could use the sword while running and I'm not sure if you could in the GCN version. As for Skyward Sword I must also be one of the only ones who actually thought it was a great game and that the motion control worked even better than in TP. To each their own.

Then don't post your opinions. People are going to reply to them if you do.

And you had a crappy Wii remote or something then, because I absolutely never had the issues you're talking about.

This is an entire thread dedicated to posting opinions. Besides, I just don't care if other's disagree with my opinions because I know not everyone is going to agree with me ~o3o~

I had a brand new Wiimote bought with the special edition of the game, and it's worked perfectly with every other game I've played with it. It wasn't faulty, the controls just sucked.

I had a brand new Wiimote bought with the special edition of the game, and it's worked perfectly with every other game I've played with it. It wasn't faulty, the controls just sucked.

Except like I said, I didn't have any problems, and I got the edition of the game that came with the gold Zelda Wii remote myself. So it couldn't be that the controls just sucked. The controls were great.

Edited by Anacybele

another unpopular opinion: nintendo's consoles gamecube and up were not that good.

The only place where that's an unpopular opinion is Nintendo centric forums like SF where the fucking Wii U is beating the PS1 and PS2 combined.

The only place where that's an unpopular opinion is Nintendo centric forums like SF where the fucking Wii U is beating the PS1 and PS2 combined.

It's beating EVERY SINGLE Playstation console combined. And Xbox isn't even on here? That's weird.

Except like I said, I didn't have any problems, and I got the edition of the game that came with the gold Zelda Wii remote myself. So it couldn't be that the controls just sucked. The controls were great.

Just because you didn't have problems does not mean that I didn't have problems? The controls were clunky and far too often my swipes would not translate properly ingame, and I could not play for prolonged periods of time without the Wiimote becoming wildly out of sync. This is a problem with the game itself, not the controller.

To be honest I don't know why you feel it necessary to tell me how I experienced the game, or that I'm wrong for having a bad time with the game. It's fairly annoying that you assume that everyone must have the same experience with a game, because that's literally impossible.

And Xbox isn't even on here? That's weird.

Because Microsoft's consoles aren't worth being mentioned. :)

I only had the Wii version of twilight princess and it worked perfectly fine to me. For some things it worked a lot better like aiming the bow was more akin to a mouse on PC which I much prefer and it had extra slots to equip items.

Same with me. All the points you stated are in line with mine.

Complaining about the world being flipped is honestly a dumb complaint. Why would you have both versions if you already played the original? Collecting is understandable, but really? The Wii version came out the same year as the GameCube version. I have mixed feelings about motion controls, it just depends on how they implement it. I understand that "GC TP>Wii TP" is an opinion, but disagreeing is a big part of this thread.

Edited by Rabbattack

I've seen so much praise for the GC. But also that it did poorly. How does that work now?

Not that I didn't like the GC, I love several games from it. I'm just wondering.

The Gamecube was up against the PS2, and since the PS2 was significantly easier to develop for (DVDs vs proprietary discs and a better 3rd party working environment), the GCN missed out on a lot of great games. Also, the design of the GCN was seen as a bit goofy, with the system and its controllers being so small, and it was ONLY for gaming whereas its competitors were multimedia systems capable of playing CDs and DVDs.The XBox was an excellent multimedia centre in its time (actually still is with an external hard drive attached) and the PS2 was one of the more affordable DVD players when DVDs were new. The XBox also embraced internet play far earlier than the GCN, which only had a handful of subscription MMOs. The PS2 meanwhile was just a megahit from its year headstart + huge library of games, so far ahead that the Xbox and GCN looked like failures by comparison. And while the GCN did have a few "darker" games like Resident Evil and Eternal Darkness, it was mostly seen as a children's console, and Nintendo was the children's brand. This was basically the start of "I'm a mature gamer who demands mature games" era.

But as Nintendo fans would tell you, the GCN was a quality system with the best load times, it was the easiest to take traveling with its Nintendium durability, tiny size and convenient handle, and came out with strong launch titles and proceeded to keep up the momentum with the release of some of Nintendo's most revered games. Even divisive ones like Super Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker are now looked back upon for their ambition and scope, while there were some obvious classics like Metroid Prime that changed a series completely but still held true to the franchise's roots. It was also the last Nintendo console to get a significant number of cross platform games from 3rd parties that were more or less equals to its competitors rather than the washed up, downscaled versions we get now.

The Gamecube was up against the PS2, and since the PS2 was significantly easier to develop for (DVDs vs proprietary discs and a better 3rd party working environment)

Actually the PS2 was significantly more difficult to develop games. It was not because of the disk space. But more because Sony did not provide enough proper libraries, coding and details for the developers to program for the hardware at the time unlike the PS1. Not to mention most of the hardware was very customized and ran on proprietary hardware to the point most dvds didn't run properly on the PS2 at the time. GCN and Xbox was considered significantly low cost in terms of developing games. Not to mention the hardware was way weaker than the GCN and Xbox that most of the ports that went to the PS2, either looked significantly way worse or a lot of graphical details had to be completely removed all together just to make it run consistently on the PS2.

Edited by kingddd

^Apparently, every dvd I've run on the PS2 doesn't fall under that most dvds statement

The Gamecube flopped and the Dreamcast died because of the PS2 people. The only reason I prefer the PS1 as a system is because 3 of my top five games are on that system. Sure, the PS2 is backwards compatible, but I prefer being as authentic as possible. Which is why I spent 40 bucks on a translated bootleg of FE6 on Ebay.

^Apparently, every dvd I've run on the PS2 doesn't fall under that most dvds statement

it was a very inconsistent case. Some people could run some of their dvd movies no problem but some people could not and there were times even multiple disk DVD movies would not even run. Later PS2s mostly fixed this problem.

edit:

For example, my friend A has a first release PS2 that every single dvd movie he had played all of his movies fine but another friend B who also have a PS2 did not. The friend B lent his dvd movies tried it out on my friend A's PS2 and they worked out fine. Keep in mind, both of them ran PS2 games completely fine.

Edited by kingddd

Off the top of my head:

-Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (GBA) had the best story out of all of 'em. Not that it's saying much, but yeah...

-The Phoenix Wright games' overall portrayal and presentation of law and justice is just a bit too cringe-worthy, even if it does try to hide this notion by being humorous or "satirical" about things. Godot's still kind of a bro, though.

-The best Zelda games are the GB/C ones. I miss the Gary Oak/DICKFACE of Zelda: ya boy Ralph.

PS2's the best console, followed by the SNES.

Best handheld is the DS, not counting cross-play.

Edited by Luke

Regarding motion controls, they're the reason Skyward Sword is unplayable for me. They are so unenjoyable to me that finding out any game forces motion controls puts it on my "Don't Buy" list. It's probably the main reason right now why I'm not getting Star Fox Zero. The only thing stopping me from loving Wind Waker HD was the gyroscope being very intrusive.

I miss pressing buttons ;_;