First English voice confirmed

Sentinel07

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking her up.She appears to be mainly a singer, not really a voice actress.

It annoys me that she seems to not know Azura's name.

Edited by Azz01

I was looking her up.She appears to be mainly a singer, not really a voice actress.

Its likely she knows the character's name, ffs. Her tweet looks cheeky fun. Come on.

She most likely knows her own character's name, anyway, but unless the viewer had also watched the treehouse playthrough/lurks FE-related places, they're not going to know who Azura is. It's not like Azura says her own name anywhere in that trailer.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Of course she knows her character's name. But "Azura" has only been seen once in the third Treehouse day for the Hoshido gameplay. It stands to reason she would't use a name that hasn't been officially confirmed yet.

I'm more confused about how Azura is wearing "blue". It's clearly more white than anything, but I suppose the first thought when you think Azura is blue so I'll let it slide~

Is Azura's name shown anywhere in the trailer? (I don't think so, it's just cutscenes, right?) If she just said a name casual peeps wouldn't know who she was talking about.

Not really.

When Awakening came out, Laura Bailey announced her inclusion on twitter, telling everyone "watch for me as a certain masked warrior".

I don't think Rena saying "I'm the singing lady" means she doesn't know Azura's name.

He did make a tweet about Odin, and seeing how he voiced Owain i'd be willing to bet money that Tang is our Odin. Much hype.

https://twitter.com/kaijitang/status/608341142820818944

Actually, I've heard about it here at Serenes Forest Forums, someone(I don't remember who) mentioned having a friend that went to an Anime-Con dressed as Camilla, and she ran into Kaiji at the hotel, and he confirmed that the recording for Fates was already over.

Actually, I've heard about it here at Serenes Forest Forums, someone(I don't remember who) mentioned having a friend that went to an Anime-Con dressed as Camilla, and she ran into Kaiji at the hotel, and he confirmed that the recording for Fates was already over.

What? They've already finished recording?

....And we're still not getting this until 2016? What the heck?!

There's a lot more to localizing a game than you think, especially one as text-heavy as Fire Emblem.

There's a lot more to localizing a game than you think, especially one as text-heavy as Fire Emblem.

Yeah, but I imagine you'd have to get at least pretty far into translation to have all the voice work completed, even for a game that uses limited voice acting like Fire Emblem does when you take into account all the CG cutscenes.

Theres a lot of freaking content to localize, mate. The main plot may be somewhat ready, but theres the fluff to do. Supports, My Castle, DLC, Third Path, etc. Its gonna take a while. And i doubt they are all finished with recording. If they are, theres still a literal metric fuckton of editing to do.

Even if they did finish recording (which we can't really prove yet) the only voices in this game are the battle quotes, the handful of lines people squeak out during dialogue, and the voice acting in the CGs (which we can see have already been translated from the E3 trailer).

There is still a ton of dialogue and interface to translate, and likely some adjustments to certain sugestive character models.

Anyway, I'm glad they chose a singer to play Azura, even if she isn't well known. Her singing is pretty important.

EDIT: Triple ninjas!

Edited by gayserbeam

Yeah, but I imagine you'd have to get at least pretty far into translation to have all the voice work completed, even for a game that uses limited voice acting like Fire Emblem does when you take into account all the CG cutscenes.

Even so, it still a lot of work, here's an interesting fact, Gunther's japanese voice actor died in 2014, long before the game's release in Japan or even revealed to the world. Edited by Water Mage

Even so, it still a lot of work, here's an interesting fact, Gunther's japanese voice actor died in 2014, long before the game's release in Japan or even revealed to the world.

His VA died December 2014, not that long before the game's announcement. (January 2015)

Edited by L95

I should hope Kaiji Tang is still Odin~ I loved Owain, but never ended up using him very much. I know I wanna use the hell out of Odin, so it's great if he's gonna be doing the voice again. Tome hand hungers...

His VA died December 2014, not that long before the game's announcement. (January 2015)

My bad then, but still, it shows that the voicework for the game was finished at least six months before the game's release.

Edited by Water Mage