3rd Path Character Recruitment (spoliers)

Titamon

So I sort of thought you'd get Charlotte and Benoit automatically after the fight with Silas, since the mission objective was "rout" and Kamui couldn't talk to them. Apparently Elise had to do it though, which I found out later.

I'm so, so sorry guys. Especially for you, Benoit, you big teddy bear.

Edited by Thane

Even some of earlier joining characters have questionable stats.

CH. 9, Lv. 4 Rinkah

HP: 20, Str: 8, Spd: 8, Def: 10

But in the same chapter we get Tsukuyomi who is 5 levels higher and has better stats across the board except Str and Def. :facepalm:

IS why?

If I remember correctly from Hama's stream her Rinka rejoined at level 5, so it's likely you can level her in 4-6 and her levels will stay?

IDK though someone confirm

Because if so I'm stuffing Rinka

Edited by Thor Odinson

If I remember correctly from Hama's stream her Rinka rejoined at level 5, so it's likely you can level her in 4-6 and her levels will stay?

IDK though someone confirm

Because if so I'm stuffing Rinka

I believe Rinka joined at level 5 for me, so it's definitely possible that she keeps her level.

I'm going to go ahead and assume this was due to rushing the DLC to hurry and get it out close to the game's release, and in that process, deciding to devote no time whatsoever to character balance.

​It really is like they just flat-out didn't try.

I wouldn't blame it on it being rushed. Balance issues are not unique to this game. FE4 and FE10 are also horribly imbalanced. Character imbalance is just something you have to accept.

So, the Invisible Kingdom has units join you with badder bases the latter they appear for the most part, but from what I've seen it throws weapons and stat boosters at you at a far more frequent rate than the other two routes... Perhaps they're just expecting you to grind and boost the guys and girls you want to use.

They should've trimmed the Neutral route's roster significantly because it looks like it suffers from the FE12 problem of having a large amount of characters basically amount to Free Silvers unless you do a large amount of babying or resource dumping (plus I just dislike the whole "both casts come together thing"). They could also do what FE6 did and give bonuses to characters on Hard and Lunatic by giving them invisible levels (using generic class growths) so they can keep up better (Lunatic gets higher ones obviously). They'd apply to all units who start as enemies and all allies who join after a certain point.

Hmm, who knows though, it's a bit unfortunate.

For most of the units, they either are the same, which is not entirely as bad, or they have some bonuses, but they're usually below their averages.

For example, Hinoka has +9 Levels but only +1 HP, which is just silly.

Hana for example, loses 2 strength and skill for absolutely no reason, which just screams like...what the heck?

Other units, like Setsuna, gained 8 levels, where she gained 7 speed (holy cow), 6 HP, 4 Strength, 3 Defense, and 7 Resistance.

Zero? 6 Levels, +2 HP/Str/Skl/Spd, +3 Def, + 4 Res. Not so good, not very bad either, but he joins 9 chapters later damn.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

The cast doesn't even look that big. The recruitment times are just paced out so poorly. You barely have any when the game starts, but around mid-game they dump a bunch of underleveled units on you.

They should've trimmed the Neutral route's roster significantly because it looks like it suffers from the FE12 problem of having a large amount of characters basically amount to Free Silvers unless you do a large amount of babying or resource dumping (plus I just dislike the whole "both casts come together thing"). They could also do what FE6 did and give bonuses to characters on Hard and Lunatic by giving them invisible levels (using generic class growths) so they can keep up better (Lunatic gets higher ones obviously). They'd apply to all units who start as enemies and all allies who join after a certain point.

Definitely agree with you there. Or at least trimmed the cast more so that it didn't make people feel like the Invisible kingdom was the one true path since certain units (More units than there are, I should say) would be Nohr and Hoshido exclusive. Also, with the ending to both Nohr and Hoshido seemingly being more bitter-sweet at best, the all happy ending would've had more weight in the third path if a lot of the units that don't join you (Or some that do join you) were still to die anyway. Because drama and they did that on the other paths.