Which final boss (final stage) is the hardest? (Spoilers)

Ryo

As we know, each route has its own final boss with different abilities, weapons and skills. The map layouts and enemies are also not the same. In your opinion, or basing on your playing experience, which boss (judging from the same difficulty mode) is the toughest or easiest to beat and why?

If you don't want to discuss about the boss themselves, you can also share your opinions about the various factors that constitute the difficulty of the final battle (such as map design, gimmicks, enemy placements, reinforcements etc.)

Personally, I haven't played the game, and most LPs out there are doing Normal Casual/Phoenix runs where the players just opted to rush to the boss quickly to finish the LP in time (without any fear of casualty), so it's not easy to objectively evaluate the difficulty myself basing on such materials either. So I'd like to hear your opinions on this.

never played it, but from what i conclude:

the Hoshido route is quiet sure the easiest because you've got way too close to the final boss from the start, the Final boss itself is Idoun/Medeus equivalent. You shouldnt have much problem in clearing the chapter unless you took much time to kill the final boss since the Enemy units would start surrounding you by like 4th-5th turn. And its not like you have to go to the edge of the complicated map in the first place.

Nohr in the other hand had a weaker Final boss (Hardin/Zephiel equivalent), but reaching the Final boss itself may take some effort, enemies surround you from two way sides from turn to turn, just remember to put your low HP units to safe zone.

Invisible route had the stat wise strongest Final boss, not only having a three phase battle, the 2nd phase (Head) of the boss itself is basically Berserk Ashnard (80 HP, 60 attack) on the normal mode. The map itself is quiet short, but you effectively need to go to the edge of both side to clear the first phase. Enemies still scattered through the map and frequently gets 2 reinforcement every turn. You can say this is the most worthwhile challenge out of the 3.

personal wise, the Nohr route still my favorite because the real deal is how you can safely get to the Final boss rather than simply curbstomping the Tank with insane attack.

Edited by Pukuriripo

For me..I've did the final chapter of Hoshido only with Ryoma and my avatar, and for Nohr my avatar and Marx/Xander..

On the Hoshido side, it was easy because i was on the throne after the dragon moved..But it takes forever to kill him.

On the Nohr side, it was very difficult, but once you're near the boss, nothing to fear, because he's killed in one turn.

I haven't the third path, so I can't speak on that one.

So I'd say, they're easy with different difficulty for the chapters. :)

Yeah, from what I've seen, each chapter has its own trick so that you can't just repeat the tactics you used for the other paths, even though the objective is the same. Which is pretty interesting.

By the way, does warping the Hoshidan and Nohrian bosses to you with the Draw staff work? If yes, is the risk worth it, or is it safer to just approach them the traditional way? (I don't think you can do that to the 3rd route boss.)

I've just only finished the Hoshido side and the final boss was pretty easy but I can't compare it to the other routes yet. I did it in 3 turns with only Takumi, Ryouma, and my avatar but I was more of a liability than anything. I was confused as to why the final boss moved away from me instead of attacking me like I had planned.

I might be wrong but it seems the Hoshido final boss never initiates an attack against you even if you stand in his range, he'll only counter-attack. I don't know if the other two bosses also have such behavior.

Based on appearances i would say the third path boss is the "hardest".... I'll be going now.

But in seriousness i like the mix of tactics the endgames have. You have reaching the boss but then it isn't that bad, and then you have the strong enemy that is easily reached but strong but is apparently trivial with a few powerful enough units that can get there easily. And whatever the third path does besides obviously being Quite "Hard". *Hides