FE14 Protagonists for Smash DLC!!!​

you would take out her character just so she would be viable?

Only if they retained the same exact moveset. In actuality I would much prefer if they gave her a different moveset altogether. Hell if they did that and added a tipper that would be a win win.

Entitlement would be if there was already something of GS in smash other then what 3 measly music tracks? Please.

pretty sure there are only 2 tracks

I'm just saying FE has enough as is, its almost like saying Mario, Zelda or Pokemon need a new character at this point. If you got rudeness from me -shrugs- be that as it may. I'm stating my opinion, more so then "Kamui would be bad for smash", it's just odd to me that people want even more FE in a game thats loaded with FE content, instead of wanting more of what this series is supposed to be, a celebration of everything Nintendo. If they felt Kamui or Azure have earned that right, I wouldn't question it, but as someone who likes fairness I'd like to ask wheres more Metroid? Where's Golden Sun at all? Here we have people wanting more of something we have, in my personal opinion more then enough of.

This is very similar to my personal stance as well (except for Toad being an exception for the first part due to being a heavily iconic, important, and long running character in the Mario series).

If this was requesting for Kamui/Azure in the next Smash Bros. and FE14 was still the newest mainstream FE, I'd find it totally reasonable since Smash has put in a new/recent FE character for every game Melee and onward. Though with 5 FE characters already in SSB4 and with it having as many characters as Zelda (even if I like FE loads more than Zelda), I can't help but feel it's wrong and messed up to be treated this importantly with so many playable characters, when other series like Donkey Kong deserve it more in terms of gaming impact, popularity, and prevalance. If another FE character made it in, the fact that Fire Emblem has more playable characters than Zelda speaks volumes and gives a lot of people the wrong idea of Sakurai having FE biasedness and FE being more important to Nintendo history than Zelda, which it isn't. There's plenty of people (including myself) that are already annoyed at Kid Icarus having 3 reps when series like Donkey Kong, Star Fox, and F-Zero are arguably more important, iconic, and shaped both Nintendo and the gaming industry more, yet got less reps. So personally, I think keeping it at the 5 FE reps we already have (which I personally think is still too much) is the best thing to do for how to stay fair to fans of other series, yet not take away from what the FE fans were lucky enough to get.

Though I will add this to not sound like a complete naysayer, I'd support Azure more than Kamui for Smash 4 or the next Smash Bros. due to being a lance user, which the Smash roster doesn't have yet.

Though I will add this to not sound like a complete naysayer, I'd support Azure more than Kamui for Smash 4 or the next Smash Bros. due to being a lance user, which the Smash roster doesn't have yet.

To be fair, Smash also doesn't have a shapeshifting dragon person. Except for Pokemon Trainer.

Look, I only meant to say that this wasn't a topic asking for opinions on if it's a good idea, it was a simple awareness topic. If we want to discuss who would or wouldn't make a good character or whatever, I'm sure there's different topic for it, you could even make one. I'll make one if it doesn't exist and you want to continue the discussion.

Everyone, go vote for Lyn in the smash ballot!

Let's also all write with this blasted typo

On a serious note, a FE fightning game like ... Fire Warriors? Naaaaaaaaaaaah ...

{Something inside myself is terribly yelling me like ... "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!"}

Ah well, we'll get Genei Ibun Roku FE anyway.

Edited by Erdall

In regards to adding more Fire Emblem characters in Smash, I'm honestly more inclined to vote for Lyn (female character, GBA rep, first protagonist of first FE game released to the west, moveset lends itself to playstyles different from Marth or Ike, can use a bow) or Anna (female character, can be considered a mascot of FE for appearing in almost every FE title, is known for using swords (Awakening), bows (Fates) and staves and running the DLC gate -- Outrealm Gate for approach/recovery move (Awakening and Fates)).

I don't mind if Kamui or Azura do get in and help boost FE Fates' popularity (not that it needs it) but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Edited by Roflolxp54

While I would love to see Kamui/Corrin in Smash, I think the best we can get are outfits. Corrin doesn't really have any unique traits, compared to Robin, and it's unlikely that Sakurai would consider him (even though Sakurai is a FE fan).

• 2 weeks later...

──── ∙ ∙〔:∫:∫ 〕∙ ∙ ────

Support, has my vote! Sakurai, will not have excuses this time.

It's safe to say if/Fates is going to get some representation in the Smash, but who would it be? We don't need another swordfighter/manakete ie Corrin/Kamui Avatar, so we can scrap him immediately. Since the Western audience has to wait for fanservice Fates and the only character that has a LOT of recognition is Aqua, would it be better if she joined instead if they were to pick one character to rep if/Fates? For those are following FE:if by playthrough or other means, who would you want see? Fire Emblem if/Fates not being out yet have anything to do with Kamui's chances of being in Smash? Roy hadn't appeared in a Nintendo game when he was put in Melee, and Pokemon X/Y hadn't been announced yet when Greninja was added to the roster. Fire Emblem release is right around the corner anyways. And lastly, who are you to say Kamui's viability as a Smash character is tarnished in any way due to "playing too closely to Robin" You are not only wrong in assuming that they would be similar characters, another character. Robin is a Tactician. He wields tomes and swords. Kamui is a Dark Prince. He wields the Yatogami (a dark sword) and dragonstones which transform him into a dragon. While they are both the avatars of their respective games, they are completely different characters who use completely different sets of weapons, and therefore they would most certainly not be clones in Smash.

トライフォースの力はがうことができ

Edited by 路人L I F E

I'm just saying FE has enough as is, its almost like saying Mario, Zelda or Pokemon need a new character at this point. If you got rudeness from me -shrugs- be that as it may. I'm stating my opinion, more so then "Kamui would be bad for smash", it's just odd to me that people want even more FE in a game thats loaded with FE content, instead of wanting more of what this series is supposed to be, a celebration of everything Nintendo. If they felt Kamui or Azure have earned that right, I wouldn't question it, but as someone who likes fairness I'd like to ask wheres more Metroid? Where's Golden Sun at all? Here we have people wanting more of something we have, in my personal opinion more then enough of.

Entitlement would be if there was already something of GS in smash other then what 3 measly music tracks? Please.

FE definitely has enough. I think Lucina should get the axe, and some later lord get added, with Robin's main skin

being Female for diversity.

Also, lol at "another M, P, or Z character" does something like the deader than dirt Golden Sun deserve a character as much?

Toad or Daisy?

Lana or Impa?

Squirtle or Ivysaur?

I think Yoshi, Wario, Kirby, Animal Crossing, and Metroid are the only others in need that are in Smash right now. Mayyybbee Xenoblade, but that's my Elma loving talking.

Listing Golden Sun is a bad idea though anyway. Nintendo Wars? Pushmo? Chibi-Robo? Starfy? What about these? These aren't generic RPG number 7, so they work much better. No one ever mentions Mallo. Why is that?

FE definitely has enough. I think Lucina should get the axe, and some later lord get added, with Robin's main skin

being Female for diversity.

Also, lol at "another M, P, or Z character" does something like the deader than dirt Golden Sun deserve a character as much?

Toad or Daisy?

Lana or Impa?

Squirtle or Ivysaur?

I think Yoshi, Wario, Kirby, Animal Crossing, and Metroid are the only others in need that are in Smash right now. Mayyybbee Xenoblade, but that's my Elma loving talking.

Listing Golden Sun is a bad idea though anyway. Nintendo Wars? Pushmo? Chibi-Robo? Starfy? What about these? These aren't generic RPG number 7, so they work much better. No one ever mentions Mallo. Why is that?

I can't tell... are you deliberately trying to piss people off, or is that a natural talent of yours?

like are you just having a bad day or is there a particular reason you feel the need to hijack a thread about possible fire emblem character DLC to throw passive aggressive insults at games you dislike, and their fans?

Edited by Euklyd

Um, Golden Sun isn't really generic. The fact you started that proves your ignorance. People have clamored for Isaac for quite some time now, and Golden Sun and The Lost Age are on a number of peoples favorite RPG's lists. Not to mention that Isaac is quite unique in terms of abilities.

Nintendo Wars has no standout characters, Pushmo lol why, Chibi-Robo? Eh, Starfy is forever Japanese exclusive. Not really high-caliber quality suggestions there.

Edited by Jedi

I would definitely want Kamui playable in Smash if Fire Emblem didn't have so many playable characters compared to franchises like Metroid and DK, and I think Golden Sun should get a playable character. Kamui would be very cool to see as a newcomer though. I'm not really sure on Azura, I don't know too much about her but a lance user would be nice, however I would prefer to see Ephraim as a lance user, or even Waddle Dee.

Edited by Glitchy

Kamui would be more interesting to see in a fully human model and even with a distinct moveset than Robin's. Robins is creative, but it's slow and hard to get a gripe on since he's a limited Ness. Plus, Femui would be an alt skin and she'd move solidly and strong than she seems in Fates.