H5 Warpskipping LTC (completed in 55 turns)

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get the most kills?

• Marth
    • Caeda
    • Jagen
    • Hardin
  2. 2. Who will enter the most battles?

• Marth
    • Caeda
    • Jagen
    • Hardin

I'm surprised that such a state of the RN actually exists that lets you always get the perfect levelup for Jake at the same time.

It doesn't. I burn RNs on the boss' death quote to get that. For the non-boss in Chapter 15, Jake didn't have to critical.

Also, I don't know if you know this, but the critical animation itself burns RNs.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized that Jagen gets C-rank in staves one turn too late to use him as a third warper in Chapter 21 and visit the secret shop. This is by no means necessary, but it would have been fun to buy 3 energy drops and give them all to Caeda or something like that.

I suppose leftover money is spent most efficiently on a forged Wyrmslayer, but... it would have been cool.

Honestly, I'm not ridiculously happy about the number of criticals that went on in that chapter, and in all honesty, I think it would probably make for a "better" playthrough to redo Chapter 7 in 4 turns, recruiting Bantu, and skip 24x (for the same amount of turns), but I'm not going to restart the playthrough at this point.

Couldn't you have used Astram's Wyrmslayer with Swordmaster Hardin or did you already sell that?

Hardin could have taken her out with Longinus (forged Silver Lance)... but I wanted the extra level on Caeda before promotion...

Now that I've played through this game (or most of it), I've gotten significantly better at making use of both making use of map saves and general strategy. In particular, I found a 4 turn clear of Chapter 4 that recruits Merric, if anyone would care to see it.

I'm interested in the strat. It's irrelevant to this run right?

Right, yeah. In fact, there are a couple of problems that need ironing out (in terms of reliability, I think I can make something a little bit better), so I'm probably just going to finish the main run first.

Edited by ruadath

Regarding this:

Right, yeah. In fact, there are a couple of problems that need ironing out (in terms of reliability, I think I can make something a little bit better), so I'm probably just going to finish the main run first.

I'm trying to figure out something regarding targeting priority here. In order to avoid having more than a single necessary dodge in this chapter, I need to have a unit draw an enemy archer's attention away from Merric (equipped with Excalibur, kills the archer on counter, isn't doubled). Paladin!Jagen appears to work (not equipped with a ranged weapon), but for some reason, Cain and Cavalier!Navarre don't!

At first, I thought the issue might be the weird quirk of the A.I. regarding low Luck units (the archer has a tiny chance of critting Jagen). But then I tried the same thing out with Abel (who has 2 Luck, and can also be critted), and the archer again decided to attack Merric!

What reason could the enemy A.I possibly have for exhibiting this behavior? I should also note that Jagen has at least as much (if not more) HP and Def compared to the rest of the cavs, and none of them are getting doubled.

Edited by ruadath

Now that I've played through this game (or most of it), I've gotten significantly better at making use of both making use of map saves and general strategy. In particular, I found a 4 turn clear of Chapter 4 that recruits Merric, if anyone would care to see it.

I would also care to see that. Also, this means you WILL recruit Wendell next chapter. Which means you won't need broken Hardin AND won't need Bishop Jagen. Which means everything will just go faster and more easily for us to copy :)

I guess Wendel being alive would change quite a few things for you in this run, like not having to train Jagen's staff rank. Excalibur would work wonders, too.

Yeah, it basically would have made all the things that were a close call in this run (except for Jake getting enough levels) occur by a wide margin. Another example would be that there is now no longer a reason to have Hardin promote by Chapter 11 (we can just have Wendell fly to Anna, Jagen to kill Khozen). Not that there wouldn't be any use for Hardin, but there would be no need to rush him up to level 10 as quickly as possible.

I don't know much about LTC's so maybe you have some kind of special plan i'm missing out on, but it seems like you could have recruited Tiki instead of killing them with just as much, if not less effort by teleporting Bantu over instead of Caeda.

Edit: nevermind, just realized you didn't recruit Bantu

Edited by kantoorfarina

You could've recruited Bantu. It wouldn't add turns to his total. Ruadath just likes to do things his way (the hard way XD).

Really looking forward to see that 4turn clear, in which you also recruit Merric.

Yeah, I didn't realize that at the time. I would have recruited Bantu/Tiki because it would have made Chapter 7 much easier, since Caeda would have some time to spare to help kill the DK/PKs.

Edited by ruadath

In FE12, I know for sure the AI needs 2 Crt to change its target. Maybe it's similar in FE11.

OK cool, so I just need to reload the map until the west archer has 8 Skl and 8 Spd, and I should be good.

Thanks, this ended up working out (tested and confirmed). I'm probably not recording tonight though; truth be told, after blowing through half a game in a weekend, I'm a little worn out of Fire Emblem. I'll probably have it ready sometime over the weekend.

Here is a revised version of the Chapter 4 strategy that recruits Merric while still seizing in 4 turns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tky1wvfyaNE

I don't know if I'll ever get around to running this playthrough again (after finishing the first run, of course), but if so it would be interesting to see how much easier recruiting Merric (and Wendell) makes the playthrough. In addition to no longer needing to train Jagen as a warper, I also no longer need to rush Hardin to level 10 to promote in time for Chapter 11; I can simply let Wendell visit Anna and have Jagen kill Khozen.

Besides the use of the map save and some RNG manipulation, there are also a lot of subtle strategic positioning going on in this Chapter to minimize the amount of luck required to pull off this clear. I'll probably make a more detailed post regarding this later.

EDIT: Also note that I would have used the map save on turn 4 with Julian to rig Jagen's critical on the boss were it not for the fact that it came up naturally anyway.

Edited by ruadath

Impressive clear! Still, sooooo many crits needed... Like 6? Did you really need all those? Can't you ignore the hunter and go all force to the village? No clue if a Hand Axe hit somewhere will help. Maybe Hunter Cord? Shiida can't move a bit higher? So that she can get the boss kill? And are all those (near) perfect level ups really needed?