Favorite pairings in Fates?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm torn between having Lazward or Zero with Pieri. Both shows a lot of Pieri's history, and I don't know which is better -- Lazward's care for her or Zero's approval of her action indirectly makes her give up killing in the kitchen.

And then there are also Zero/Camilla, Odin/Elise and Lazward/Elise. My preferred pairings form a chain and I'll have to pick either side (Camilla -- Zero -- Pieri -- Lazward -- Elise -- Odin). All these sounds a lot like Awakening.

I already have male Kamui with Felicia and Silas with Berka. The latter results in a rather unfitting mother/child support, although I like the part where Silas vows to restore Berka's emotion "no matter how many years it takes".

As for non-romantic pairings, I like Camilla and Joker. If they ever have supports between three or more people (drat, now I miss base conversations), those two with Kamui would be an interesting sight.

Xander/Charlotte is good too. Charlotte has awesome supports and that was one of her better ones.

I like how those two are (separately) handled. In a lot of Marks' supports, he plays the "strict, but caring within" archetype pretty well. Typical, but well-handled. He was also quick to accept Charlotte's apology, which makes me think he's kind of awesome. I still like Charlotte with Benoit better, but this is close.

Would been Female x Azura but Male Kamui x Azura is still very good.

Leon x Female Kamui just because Leon look so damn good.

Xander x Female Kamui too!

Camilla x Male Kamui not too bad either.

Elise x Kamui... I will take it!

Okay, so I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I am really not into Takumi/Oboro. It's partly because I don't like Oboro (not that I hate her, she just doesn't click with me. And yes, I read her supports) and Takumi is one of my favourites, so I'd rather pair him with someone I like. But it's also because I am afraid that it's gonna be the fandom's thing, and that anyone who doesn't pair them will be bashed by extremist shippers.

Yes I realize I am paranoid, but I am still traumatised from the shipping wars of past fandoms I was in. So no, I am never going to pair them in my file.

As for pairings I actually like..

-I am very partial to Lazward/Pieri because their support actually addresses Pieri's issues.

-I like Joker/Aqua because she is one of the few people he is nice to, besides Kamui.

-There is some difficulty for me deciding between Marx/Sakura and Leon/Sakura. On one hand I prefer Marx/Sakura's support, but the age difference makes me a bit uncomfortable. On the other hand Leon/Sakura is very cute, but their support isn't as cute as Marx/Sakura's.

-Ryoma/Kagerou.

-And for personal bias here are my Kamui pairings: Mamui/Charlotte, Mamui/Orochi, Mamui/Zero and Femui/Zero, and Femui/Takumi (hey, maybe this is another reason why I don't like Oboro...).

Leo/Takumi, Sakura/Hana, Mamui/Silas/Azura, Soleil/Ophelia.

Now, for pairings that can actually happen in game, Shinonome/Matoi is, while not my OTP, definitely my favourite romantic support so far. I really liked Saizou/Kagerou and Kaze/Nyx as well. Special mention to Charlotte/almost anyone, seriously her supports have been consistently brilliant, her ones with Xander and Lazward stand out in particular though.

Leo/Takumi, Sakura/Hana, Mamui/Silas/Azura, Soleil/Ophelia.

You have good taste!

Hmm, for pairings that are possible I quite like Marx/Charlotte, Tsubaki/Kazahana (or any retainer/retainer pairing lol), Leon/Sakura (thanks to a fanfiction and pixiv artwork) and Saizou/Kagerou.

Edited by Yatogami

Okay, so I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I am really not into Takumi/Oboro. It's partly because I don't like Oboro (not that I hate her, she just doesn't click with me. And yes, I read her supports) and Takumi is one of my favourites, so I'd rather pair him with someone I like. But it's also because I am afraid that it's gonna be the fandom's thing, and that anyone who doesn't pair them will be bashed by extremist shippers.

Yes I realize I am paranoid, but I am still traumatised from the shipping wars of past fandoms I was in. So no, I am never going to pair them in my file.

You do realize that this kind of passive aggressive attitude is more like to annoy people than your actual dislike for Oboro/Takumi? I may really like that pair, but I'm not going to throw a fit and attack people who don't like it. I don't care what people ship. But I do care if they're attacking actual people.

Comments like, "I'm afraid that it's going to be a fandom thing and I'm afraid I'm going to be bashed by extremist shippers who'll attack anyone who doesn't pair them, that's another reason I don't like the pairing" is basically taking potshots at people who may or may not have done anything to you yet. You're not doing yourself any favors with these kinds of statements. The only thing you accomplish is pissing off people like me, who don't care what you ship but do care if you're being passive aggressive.

I have not seen a single person on Serenes Forest attack anyone else seriously for not liking Oboro/Takumi. I don't know what it is like on other sites, but on SF this has yet to be a thing. Please do not make hasty blanket statements such as the bolded quote that only serve to "justify" yourself, you'll find more enemies than allies that way.

You have good taste!

Hmm, for pairings that are possible I quite like Marx/Charlotte, Tsubaki/Kazahana (or any retainer/retainer pairing lol), Leon/Sakura (thanks to a fanfiction and pixiv artwork) and Saizou/Kagerou.

ooh a fellow shipper. this is great

If it's no bother, would you kindly direct me to where those are?

ooh a fellow shipper. this is great

If it's no bother, would you kindly direct me to where those are?

oh my god i can finally share my shipping bookmarks It's no bother at all, anything for someone who ships Leon/Sakura!

Fanfiction (the author didn't know Leon's name, so it's vague on who the male lead is. The writing style is a little different than what you normally see)

Pixiv #1 (purely Leon/Sakura, although I don't understand Japanese it's one of my favourites;;)

Pixiv #2 (cute little comic with Takumi and his retainers, then it's a Leon/Sakura one)

I'm still on the lookout for anything else with them, but it seems people like Leon/F!Kamui more ;__;

So far these are the ships gonna go for in my main run (Invisible Kingdom)

F!Kamui x Silas - Adorable history plus I can headcanon so may things about their childhood and wht happened. Silas is a dork and really sweet and I like characters like that. Also he has the cutest daughter!

Takumi x Oboro - How can I not? They're supports are sweet and we learn more about Oboro's history. They also look really cute together and Oboro seems like a great mother for Kisaragi.

Xander x Charlotte - Favorite support. Charlotte is one of my favorite characters and I feel like she deserves to get with the oldest prince and give money to her family. Xander trusts her and I feel that it'll create a very strong bond in their marriage. Plus blonde Siegbert looks even more like Xander

Leo x Sakura - I liked their supports and the growth it gives for Sakura. It doesn't help that I've sketched so many scenarios out of the two with eachother and how they'd fall in love. Also, read Foleo and Leo's B support and tell me he isn't just like Sakura! Also Sakura's hair is perfect for Foleo

Zero x Camilla - Such a fun pair. Camilla grows a bit and so does Zero. Eponine an her mother are what really make this for me because it feels like her parent support with Camilla really fits and isn't copy and paste. Love this family

Otherwise I'm kind of stuck. I don't know who to pair Hinoka with! I don't like her with Hinata so I was considering Subaki but I really like Luna/Matoi supports. Any recommendations?

You do realize that this kind of passive aggressive attitude is more like to annoy people than your actual dislike for Oboro/Takumi? I may really like that pair, but I'm not going to throw a fit and attack people who don't like it. I don't care what people ship. But I do care if they're attacking actual people.

Comments like, "I'm afraid that it's going to be a fandom thing and I'm afraid I'm going to be bashed by extremist shippers who'll attack anyone who doesn't pair them, that's another reason I don't like the pairing" is basically taking potshots at people who may or may not have done anything to you yet. You're not doing yourself any favors with these kinds of statements. The only thing you accomplish is pissing off people like me, who don't care what you ship but do care if you're being passive aggressive.

I have not seen a single person on Serenes Forest attack anyone else seriously for not liking Oboro/Takumi. I don't know what it is like on other sites, but on SF this has yet to be a thing. Please do not make hasty blanket statements such as the bolded quote that only serve to "justify" yourself, you'll find more enemies than allies that way.

Okay, I am sorry if my comment offended you in any way. I was not intending to attack anyone in this thread who supports the pairing. It could have been better phrased and I know that.

I have not been attacked for not liking the pairing yet, and I realize that this fear may be premature. But I have been in fandoms for a while now and have experienced this situation many times before.

Yes, stating it as a reason for not liking the pairing was stupid on my part. It's not the only reason I do not like the pairing, but I might have been better off not saying anything in a thread dedicated to favourite pairings.

Again, I am very sorry for coming across as passive aggressive. It was not my intention, and my intention was silly to begin with. Everyone in this forum has been nothing but understanding about other's pairings so far, and I was merely expressing a fear for the future. It was not meant to be an attack against you or any other supporters of this pairing. I phrased it badly and in the wrong place, and I apologize.

My favorite pairings that can happen are Lazwald/Charlotte, Zero/Oboro, Eponine/Foleo, Marxander/Charlotte, and Kamui/Flora. Femui's support with Flora is more romantic than Mamui's tho imo.

Favorite pairings that can't happen in-game:

Leon/Takumi, Hinoka/Camilla, Soleil/Ophelia, and Ryoma/Crimson

Edited by Dolphin

Femui's support with Flora is more romantic than Mamui's tho imo.

I didn't know that had been translated so I just went and read it and... wow. Gay. Those last few lines especially almost sounded like a marriage proposal. Why are all the most romantic supports in this game platonic ones?

Is Kamui's S-support with Velour cute, or is it just because of my own bias or that I'm getting used to the cheesy writing that I find it adorable?

Fury-fetish ?

Nah, I agree, it's cute. It's simple. And funny, Velour who look at everything but the ring. :p

Fury-fetish ?

Nah, I agree, it's cute. It's simple. And funny, Velour who look at everything but the ring. :p

You have no idea how much I wish Velour didn't have animal appendages, yet even in spite of that she's by far my favorite character in terms of design. Although admittedly, the competition is very poor.

But yeah, I actually found that adorable, and then the whole "I didn't think about the ring at first, but now it's become my most important treasure". I aww'd.

I've got a lot of ships and nobody to ramble about them to, so I'm kinda just gonna dump them here:

- Kamui (both) x Suzukaze

- Kamui (female) x Crimson

- Kamui (both) x Flora

- Kamui (both) x Charlotte

- Saizou x Ryouma (Their supports haven't been translated yet, but that won't stop me.)

- Ryouma x Kagerou

- Suzukaze x Kagerou

- Joker x Aqua

- Saizou x Hinoka

- Takumi x Kazahana

- Sakura x Kazahana

- Charlotte x Marx

- Eponine x Velour

- Shara x Mitama

- Ignis x Soleil

- Shigure x Mitama

- Charlotte x Benoit

- Asama x Setsuna (Same as Ryouma x Saizou. Untranslated supports will not stop me.)

- Orochi x Kagerou

Edited by Matt-hue

Honestly most of my favorites are unavailable in-game, and where's the fun in that?

Although I really like Marx/Charlotte, Carmilla/Zero, Hinoka/Jakob, and Takumi/Oboro.

I have no idea who else I like for the Kamuis other than Jakob for the girl.

Inigo/Charlotte.

...It's like the only one that I've really enjoyed thus far.

M!Kamui/Soleil pissed off thinskins and caused much forum rage, and appearently the third reich hasn't stopped the blitz either cause the JU-88s are still occasionally diving in, so this one.

(And in the event it does get changed, the Japanese version. Much like Japanese Henry/Miriel)

You have no idea how much I wish Velour didn't have animal appendages, yet even in spite of that she's by far my favorite character in terms of design. Although admittedly, the competition is very poor.

But yeah, I actually found that adorable, and then the whole "I didn't think about the ring at first, but now it's become my most important treasure". I aww'd.

Eh, personally, I like the ears. Aha! I was a furry since the beginning !

She's good especially compared to the other children who are just so freaking boring, even compared to most first-gen, it's pretty good. Like, seriously, red riding hood, who's a werewolf, with Nah's clothes, It's awesome !

It's as if the designer worked harder on Velour than any other character.

It annoys me how much the S-rank with Kamui doesn't have that much soul in it.

Like you have Ryouma/Kagerou, it's not that great, but geez, there's something behind it, classic and good. Then, there's Kamui/Kagerou who's just.... 'I want to protect Kagerou... as a man !'. What.

They might as well not write any support with MU, that would be better, and it'll make our imagination do the work, sans some lines.

Edited by B.Leu

oh my god i can finally share my shipping bookmarks It's no bother at all, anything for someone who ships Leon/Sakura!

Fanfiction (the author didn't know Leon's name, so it's vague on who the male lead is. The writing style is a little different than what you normally see)

Pixiv #1 (purely Leon/Sakura, although I don't understand Japanese it's one of my favourites;;)

Pixiv #2 (cute little comic with Takumi and his retainers, then it's a Leon/Sakura one)

I'm still on the lookout for anything else with them, but it seems people like Leon/F!Kamui more ;__;

goodness gracious, my fanfics are circulating the thread. Thank you very much for liking it! The only reason why Leon was the 'canon' male lead was because, for some inexplicable reason, I kept imagining him to be the MC (fun fact: I found out his name literally two days after I uploaded it on the site). But the pairing stuck to me afterwards because they're adorable together, and that's how I became a fan.

(as for the writing style, i really don't know what i was thinking. whoops.)

Omg, the comics were super cute (I can't understand Japanese either but the artwork is just hnnng). It's a shame there isn't a lot of material for them; I was hoping they'd be more popular.

Thank you sooo much for the links! :D

(and you know what? here. i'll just leave a link to the non-canon compliant fanfic i mentioned before. have at it as you wish, aqua/suzukaze shippers.)

The more I read about Shinonome the more I like him. He's got way better supports than his father; why the hell is this guy an optional, non-canon child unit? Man that bothers me.

I know right? He's such a great character and he's in my opinion the best written of the children charaters. If I wasn't so crazy for his father I would totally marry him.