Teq plays what Klok says: FE8 randomized [COMPLETE]

Tequila

Teq here, with yet another LP. I too feel the need to investigate this hot new randomizer schtick, and I shall do so in the most obnoxious way: by making y'all watch me play it.

I'm following Klok's rules in his randomizer thread, with one exception: all growths have a minimum of 5%. This works out to 1.8 levels over 38 level-ups on average, so it's hardly gamebreaking.

8FiHBeg.png

The rules!

I'll be posting growths at the end of the chapter; until then, I don't know them. For the most part I expect my characters to be absolute shit and my life will be a living hell because of this.

[spoiler=Prologue]

EvU2fs9.png

Yeah, let's make things a little more lively, shall we?

zyv8mDE.pngMI5dYK8.png

Well, our lord has swords, which is nice in the earlygame, has halfway decent stats, and a really nice HP pool. I think I could like this one. Only drawbacks are his low movement and strength, and that slim sword isn't helping his damage output.

lPw2Hnb.pngXWVYEhm.png

Our Jeigan is...holy crap, 19 speed? Sure, that's 17 speed with iron axes, but this gal is going to double pretty much everything in the earlygame. Great defense and HP; I don't care how bad her growths are, she's getting used.

xZ8tNm5.pngMmvO8ZQ.png

I'm really glad Eirika didn't become a revenant or something; O'Neill would rip her apart with his thunder tome. Fortunately, my guys can handle him.

OTxQi0w.pnggs5NnSb.png

Saleh starts this run off with a bang. Tana nods approvingly in the background.

HvvPa41.png

Saleh goes on a forest to gain some evade.

1iBW13v.png

Tana runs off, just in case that fighter decides she's a more tempting target.

efofYWw.png

And now I need her. Lovely.

jiNEOGL.png

She can ORKO, but she'd get OHKO'd if she didn't crit, so I have her heal up as a precaution.

fhEe2bi.png

She gets the kill, no big deal, no big fuss. End of Prologue

[spoiler=Growths (Saleh, Tana)]

Saleh:

HP: 15

Strength: 70

Skill: 60

Speed: 5

Luck: 5

Defense: 35

Resistance: 55

He has a pretty high HP base, so I'm not terribly concerned about his low hp growth, but the speed is disheartening. He'll just have to whip out lots of crits. Defenses aren't terribly bad, either. Definitely not as bad as Terrador's revenant Eirika.

Tana:

HP: 20

Strength: 10

Speed: 40

Luck: 60

Defense: 100

Resistance: 5

Her high speed base and ok growth compensate for the low strength growth. In fact, it's even better, so she function as a chipper and not steal so much xp. Can actually hit things with axes. Great defense and is guaranteed to cap before 20/20, but she'd better avoid mages like the plague.

I actually had chapters 1 and 2 written up as well and accidentally backspaced. I'll rewrite them tomorrow.

Edited by Tequila

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=Chapter 1]

MDiuJTo.png

This is even more unbelievable than the vanilla version.

O5QniEO.png

Soldiers got a little speed boost, but that's partially negated by their low con.

1go63bz.png

Should not be a problem to defeat.

PgU7zUm.png

Tana boldly goes forth while Saleh runs away.

mDmYp2A.png

I love the sound of tink in the morning

BcUsRz9.png

Alright, two new units! Let's take a look at what we have...

PNNJneM.pngPoQdswL.pngUSzmRsY.pngl1ANZrT.png

Not too bad...not too bad...Ephraim's gonna have to hit that HP and speed often. Forde's ok.

xezG2Tz.png

I moved Saleh up because this guy would die, in theory.

i2CzPZZ.png

She misses. Twice. .36% chance of that happening, and she fuckin' nailed it.

emfPSRl.png05OkuJH.png

The newcomers have a bit more luck dispatching their foe.

hqof0JX.png

On EP, Ephraim takes a beating, getting hit by one of Breuget's soldier bodyguards and doubled by that fighter.

7iAzjtt.png

Things looking kind of bad here.

bgjdMRy.png4qYCQjk.pngVjCQp5K.png

But actually, the situation is under control.

L4u64G4.pngD4BYlyt.png

Soldier misses Forde, he doubles and kills, and then he and the fighter exchange blows.

iwOQt80.png

Tana gives Forde one of her extra axes so he can actually HIT things. Then again, he's done a great job of that so far.

1jVMkvC.pngxo4A2SF.png

Saleh was 4 exp off of a level, so I decided to let him chip. I rue this decision immediately.

TzsJ6aI.png04qG9BF.png

...Better?

BOA83hX.png

I don't want to use vulneraries or rig dodges, so I just send my tank over to deal with the reinforcements.

7j3rAxf.pngXbIndnQ.pngqrPZX8g.png

Which she does.

Ks5oQ1q.pngU9DO5St.png

Saleh can't damage Breuget with the slim sword, so Ephraim gets the kill and some ok levels.

MUqIRuQ.png

14 turns. Not too bad, considering Ephraim had 50% hit chance and didn't double.

[spoiler=Chapter 2]

xqlSpX3.png

Buy ALL the iron swords.

Lk1Fsw0.pnghoHMTjy.pngBNYpF1W.png3v1ysvW.png

New guys. Ewan's entirely dependent on his growths, unsurprisingly, while Seth looks...pretty balanced, actually. Got a bit shafted on move, but I'll still train him in case I don't get a staffbot.

vpBZku5.png

Bone's actually worse than his troops.

EsRPQMz.pngcbDuFGQ.pngbYBBDU8.pngVURJhYL.png

I like the look of Ismaire: she's an all-around tank. I sincerely hope her growths reflect her bases. Hayden's not bad either, but the lousy move is a bit annoying.

vnX5DJW.png

Movin' on up.

ccY4LMp.png

Looks like Ross Hayden can actually take care of himself this time. No event shenanigans required.

1pTElha.png

Saleh finally gets an iron sword. Ass-kicking will commence shortly.

H3ylgtY.pngXA2UDQ7.png

Mad loots.

ZFqfqaz.png

Ass-kicking has started...except not really, cause he can't double.

eWN3r4f.png

Meanwhile, elsewhere, the greenies have their side under control.

UGfATae.pngNem8f49.png

Forde and Seth kill the brigand to Saleh can get in range of the next ones and do some chipping.

ug6KnJ1.png

Somewhat to my chagrin, I left Ephraim standing right there instead of moving him onto the store. Fortunately his counter connected anyway.

yI7IEhX.png

Ok greenies are fine.

tX6aB8g.png

Tana misses her first attack against the brigands in the mountains, but her first crit of the game comes through at a perfect moment.

HCeWFxv.pngMgOwanD.png

Ewan sees some action, and the game informs me that T0s aren't allowed to have above a C rank. Like Klok's run, all units have A ranks.

p9Xij3p.png

Ephraim runs away from the bandit that will almost certainly kill him if it can catch him. Which it can't.

nqu04Sm.png

Saleh actually doubles Bone. Unfortunately, this won't matter.

oLY9co7.png

Forde's gonna snag the village before everyone dies.

TNHdSC1.png

Both Bone and the other brigand decide Hayden's an easier target, and kill him. REWIND!

DBUV1W0.png

He survived.

7OjdS4Y.png1gwaaTd.png

I got lucky, since I forgot Ewan would get doubled, but the brigand missed the second attack. Therefore, I shan't begrudge him this level. Of course, if he does suck, I wouldn't mind not using him.

NeONT5K.png

No! My experience! YOU WANKER!

Had I gone back and rigged a miss, Ewan would have died, so I just kept going. There'll be plenty of opportunities later.

dkaiHsG.png

Last loot. Ewan or Seth finishes off the final brigand.

[spoiler=Growths (Ephraim, Forde, Seth, Ewan, Hayden, Ismaire)]

Ephraim (replacing Franz):

HP: 5

Strength: 65

Skill: 70

Speed: 65

Luck: 80

Defense: 20

This is a glass cannon, emphasis on the glass. He'll need every robe under the sun, and his defenses are rather bad. But he just might be useable.

Forde (replacing Gilliam):

Strength: 5

Skill: 55

Speed: 15

Luck: 20

Defense: 40

Resistance: 175

Nope, sorry. Not going to waste my time with you.

Hey, he procced hp with a 5% growth!

Ewan (replacing Vanessa):

HP: 70

Skill: 105

Speed: 20

Resistance: 90

Bad strength and speed, and being a T0? You'll get leveled up in the tower, just because, but you sure won't be an integral part of this run.

Seth (replacing Moulder):

HP: 35

Strength: 55

Skill: 85

Luck: 40

Defense: 85

This is like, Tana-lite. The lack of speed is really disappointing, but I'll probably use him anyhow. Unless I get a staffbot.

Hayden (replacing Ross):

Luck: 85

Defense: 15

Bad growths where it counts AND lousy movement? Sorry, bye.

Ismaire (replacing Garcia):

Strength: 105

Skill: 20

Speed: 55

Luck: 40

Defense: 5

Eh, I reckon she's salvageable. Her HP's already kind of high, so it's not such a big deal that she'll almost never gain it. She can be the mage tank to Tana's regular tank.

If Tequila started a run, does that mean once my FE4 run is over, I've gotta do something even harder?

If I do something, that would sound like FE13's Lunatic+ with all the BS around.

[spoiler=Chapter 3]

spvoBuR.png

I buy some hand axes, javelins, and iron lances.

GH9JtxY.png

Introducing...the older smoldering shoulder of Moulder the Boulder, Neimi's replacement.

V68t9ap.pngDeYNR9I.png

It's a shame about the move, but I think I can work with the rest. Then again, it depends on his growths.

4INbC54.png

Seth opens up with a crit against the brigand behind the wall.

4ima5vs.png

TASTE POISON, WALL!

I hate poison weapons. They're weak, they're inaccurate, and to top it all off, they're unsellable.

4B3DvNZ.png

End of turn 1.

RHCTxVG.png

Good man. I forgot speed also affects avoid, so I cherish these moments while I can.

vYioSzp.pngJpKebmG.png

The next turn, Colm's replacement arrives. I think I'll use her simply because I need more than one staff user, and the odds of me getting a staffbot are slimmer and slimmer. I could, of course, cheat and see whether I do eventually get one, but I shan't.

She's a female mage, btw.

ERh2mIW.png

Seth hitting that 5% growth? I am not complaining AT ALL.

OtITNI1.png

I decide to let Ewan do some chipping, just 'cause.

mQhLH5e.png

I'm surprised he hit. Ephraim did get doubled though.

KCJkE8e.png

End of turn 3. Hayden lures northern brigand, Seth will counter and then kill the archer, and Tana picks up Tethys to chip without killing that other brigand.

Bf3yIpl.pngE9P4Vj4.pngpwZa41W.png

All according to keikaku.

"Sir, are you familiar with the term 'copyright infringement?"

DQ1cK1w.png

Yes, get that speed up.

tBw1cYU.png

Seth holds Ephraim's vulneraries so that he can go in front and...

cwfOqeJ.png

...tank.

a1aPMvI.png

I want to see a Moulder level-up! But this chapter isn't exactly the best place for it.

SBfB8in.pngTVOTkTU.png

REALLY?

*grumble grumble*

bzwBfrz.png

I realized I never showed off a picture of the boss. Here he is, in all his scruffy glory.

PN7lLZs.png

And here's his sidekick, with an antipoison I can't steal. Not gonna dodge these guys, that's for sure.

hCKuuba.pngKZjTSPb.pngb1nQV21.png

But first, we have brigands to get rid of. Which we do.

2soeglE.png

I did say we weren't going to dodge this guy. But we sure as hell don't need to.

P4cgoqD.png

Defense is good. I'll take it. Should work on that hp, though.

Hfn0iAR.png

IT'S THE FINAL SHOWDOOOOOOWN

LkBSB0l.png

According to my calculations, Tethys should have been doing 2 damage here. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

*15 minutes later*

It turns out that the 3 def thrones give is only for physical damage. Thrones actually give +5 res, but it's not shown. Today I learned!

nGyPLA4.pngMiuHmG1.png

Tana chips, Saleh clips, and off we go.

[spoiler=Chapter 4]

mwdPmwi.pngF7SmbwP.png

Introducing the Crimson Flash! It seems she's given up one potential critty class for another potential critty class. She's a T2 recruit, btw.

HfL5A79.png

The boss is, quite frankly, pathetic. I had hopes that bow bonewalkers could promote to obscenely good bow wights, but...no. If I get one, it's benched. I don't care how good its growths are.

oBs0pyu.pngC5vzzjV.png

My team. Yes, Hayden's benched, but I brought him along because he's the only one that can lift Ephraim, the fatty.

SlQog3G.png

Revenants are a teensy bit more threatening now, because they can actually hit and they have 6 move.

bj7rtYT.png

Ismaire chips (I actually intended to have Ephraim do it and I got mixed up) and Moulder finishes.

8HWGgxN.png

Hayden hoists Ephraim by his own petard

4GEMniz.png

He and Saleh will come under attack, but they should be ok.

buNzJwP.pngvLdMipA.pngEiWM5yw.png

Yep, fine. Saleh actually crits in return.

EQ8MJoW.pngQ0FtMo5.png

Moulder kills and gets a decent first level.

O6rBfdA.png

Ismaire for best tank.

dB5jA4b.png

And here's why! In fact, she could have soloed this entire chapter (except the boss, maybe) without vulneraries. The most damage she'd take is 1. Maybe 2, from the reinforcement bonewalkers.

0HYfY9n.png

A sneak peak at...holy crap, playable gorgon!

DIS GUNNA BE GUD

b8SgrI6.png

The incoming horde is a little too numerous for everyone not named Ismaire. Unfortunately, Seth cannot fully escape due to his piss-poor movement.

5fmxctb.pngYq6t9Ri.pngM4Dv2m9.pngkgImFsN.png

Monsters do their best to kill Seth, but they fail. He even crit someone.

L7eXHXl.png

Hmm...yeah, I'll probably still keep you.

DaLsRG1.png

Seth's hiding behind Tethys, who can tank the monsters even if they both go for her. Also, I put Ephraim on a mountain so he could kill the reinforcements whenever they showed up.

HN4qvER.pngFGvua41.png

Not too shabby.

3g3tlDf.png

Mogalls got screwed in the movement department as well, it seems.

F0eoosf.png

Getting tanky, are we? I approve.

4CXebCW.png

AT LAST! EPHRAIM SHALL FEAST ON ROTTING FLESH...on second thought, ew.

jT4sO5o.pngkqjQsNF.png

Pictured: Ephraim feasting on rotten flesh.

WpxagQA.png

Looks like this incarnation of Moulder isn't getting luck, either.

Sr3dNCr.png

In my infinite wisdom, I thought the boss didn't move and figured it'd be the perfect opportunity to train Marisa. Fortunately, it didn't crit.

ZboklSP.png

I retreat everyone except Ismaire, who will lure the wight to its second death.

J259n2k.png

...Looks like it was a good thing it wasn't anyone else (she survived).

EVOvZ8O.pngUv1DufH.png

The Lute replacement.

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

And just in case it wasn't clear...

NOPE

xBlCzLG.png

Marisa trains, take 2.

z55gsKM.png

Yes, you must get dodgy. Because you sure as hell won't survive otherwise.

AAumv8e.png3Ya9FFx.png

Boss down. Let's take a look at Marisa et al's growths now, shall we?

[spoiler=Growths (Moulder, Tethys, Marisa, Duessel)]

Moulder (replacing Neimi):

Strength: 55

Skill: 5

Speed: 55

Defense: 50

Resistance: 105

I actually like this. He may need skill books, but lances aren't as bad as, say, axes, and he has an ok hp pool. Will use unless something better comes along (not looking likely)

Tethys (replacing Colm):

HP: 30

Strength:45

Skill: 30

Luck: 115

Defense: 75

Resistance: 30

Not too sure about her, but I don't have any other decent looking staff candidates. We shall see.

Marisa (replacing Artur):

HP: 35

Strength: 10

Skill: 45

Speed: 25

Luck: 80

Defense: 40

Resistance: 45

Nope, sorry, I don't think so

Duessel (replacing Lute):

HP: 130

Strength: 35

Speed: 50

Luck: 25

Resistance: 40

2-range locked, shitty movement, and not too great survivability. I think I made my opinion clear earlier. NOPE.

For what it's worth, Tana's double miss was a 0.000784% chance, or one in about 127,551. Skillionaire.

E: That boss has almost no personal bases to speak of, which implies that the game natively doesn't really give him many (if any) levels to generate him. Don't use him to judge all Wights.

Edited by Terrador

Oh right, I forgot about true hit.

[spoiler=Chapter 5]

lySrbVJ.pngdRwMIua.png

Introducing Natasha's replacement. Dear god, she sucks.

145S7nl.pngbcYnA8v.png

The crew.

hCxY7gB.pngWMqZaIC.png

You know what? I think I can work with this guy.

At least, I hope so. This run needs some WOLF CITY lovin' too.

qoC0hHj.pngAx0DwnU.pngYIQggrw.pngnckmMXl.png

These guys are not fucking around. 11 speed on a fighter is pretty scary.

R5cZHBL.png

Ephraim lord with javelin. Tana is pretty much the only one that can take this guy on.

TvFC1Ni.png

Hello, housewreckers!

46K3xu5.png

My strategy is pretty much thus: In the interest of saving the houses, throw Tana at just about everything.

The 6 move of the fighter is really nice because it means I can lure them without pulling Joshua Kyle and accidentally killing him too.

fxIpCeT.png

Saleh's facing off against a fighter on the west, and Tana's coming under heavy fire. She'll be fine, though.

oIKa6cc.png

She even gains a level. I'm pretty happy with it.

TtzYLRS.png

Saleh's unfortunate lack of speed is rapidly becoming apparent.

7jvKoon.png

Tana still preparing to beat things up.

qEo2ElU.png

Beginning of turn 4, I believe. Got a few tangos in range and I don't think I have enough people to deal with them.

gK546Wf.png0VXD9eQ.png

Gotta get Kyle recruited, which means moving up and keeping Amelia alive, who only had 4 move. So this archer had to go first.

fW9jfjD.png

It also allowed me to plop Tana in range of Kyle, and trade Amelia her weapons so she doesn't kill him.

S7Fvkxr.png

No screeny, but Seth actually crit this guy, so the problem's been resolved, since Tethys can now go for the other archer.

opB6437.png

Seen here.

5UQwIvS.png

Oof. Remember, Ismaire's second tankiest behind Tana. These guys are not fooling around. And she even gets doubled.

yDPfabk.png

WOLF CITY draws near.

0VMBz3o.png

DOGGEH

cNqYNyO.png

Tethys kills...something.

P1mHGce.png

I think I know who this is going to...

Gqoipvm.png

Useless for now

anb49mn.png

Hmmm. Let's put the doggy to the test.

Jno0QGf.pngr5tpFtJ.png

I am pleased.

Wrtqnfj.png

NOT PLEASED ANYMORE. BAD DOGGY.

V1STy3g.png

Redeemed doggy.

EagXgFE.png

No idea who gets this one. Maybe I'll make a poll, but probably not, because fuck y'all

CfqWcPl.png

There is no way this can go wrong.

2Euyd3J.pngrFOi7T6.pngVhCMyhA.pngtso2bVj.png

Levels are gained in the course of killing things.

dyFWTRu.png

Tana's the only one who can deal with the boss. Instead of using the iron axe, I switch to the poison axe and let that wear him down a bit.

O37gngs.png

Guiding ring obtained.

knvckKo.png

Eh, why not?

tDebQ68.png

...Surprise?

U5Dwfbj.pngAPYnsO0.pngY3Qv8xO.png

Everyone that's at full HP goes for a round (much savestate abuse was performed) and I get some money and quite good levels.

nU4HVX8.png

Toss-up between Seth and Tethys as to who gets this. Personally, I'm leaning towards Seth.

[spoiler=Chapter 5x]

pvPHhPJ.png4g4TiDa.png

Introducing the new lord...hang on, I thought the whole point of this run was to get some different people in the lord slot.

RlIFabq.pngfSZZHRM.pngzaX9hxp.png7oWDniD.png

Hmmm...defense is nice, but I still don't want to get into close quarters with anyone in here. They all have 15-20 attack.

uBpdx33.png28Jq9n2.png

This guy will chip and tank.

49OXvgC.png

And this guy will be A COMPLETE AND UTTER ASSHOLE

18 def and res

I hate everything

9998nSh.png

Orson Scott Tank gets ready to chip by picking up Joshua.

WhiBQsH.png

You've just been...SPIDERED

GkOclMX.png

Really?

Ii3XjVN.png

REALLY?

I mean, he would have doubled anyway, but that's just insulting.

zto3Ww4.png

A little rng abuse results in this.

wVNAxws.pngLuNrWn4.png

Shamans are kind of dangerous.

uPGIAT7.pngYvLNKh1.pngQvPCoZV.pngdaEh7Cw.png

zEQe1Hh.pngfVnwzBD.pngWIi9UlK.pngWJJRCnW.png

Eirika training montage. Basically, Orson chipped and she killed. I didn't want Joshua and Knoll getting in direct combat to save elixirs, since I STILL don't have a healer.

upgYmp5.png

Even Orson needs to heal eventually.

utduq1x.png

He even gets a good level. Bastard.

U0BQjAT.png

Eirika doubling things!

MFivB59.png

As far as I can tell, she is tanky as hell, but doesn't know what skill is.

ckmOUFw.png1t4jyLf.pngjjm79E1.png

Ew.

rlelPkt.png

Ok, fine.

5DUZz0v.png

Sure ain't gonna let Orson get the kill, so the only other one who can actually do damage will get it.

Much rng abuse later...

1to2pPj.png

Oh, you too?

QoOJo0B.png

Youch.

[spoiler=Growths (Amelia, Kyle, Eirika, Knoll, Joshua)]

Amelia (replacing Natasha):

Strength: 25

Skill: 85

Luck: 115

Resistance: 50

Heh. Heheh. HEHEHEHEHEHEH.

Kyle (replacing Joshua):

HP: 65

Strength: 70

Speed: 45

Defense: 50

Oh.

My.

God.

SENSIBLE GROWTHS, PEOPLE! THE MONKEYS HAVE TYPED OUT HAMLET!

Eirika (replacing Ephraim):

HP: 25

Speed: 40

Luck: 85

Defense: 80

Resistance: 85

The skill's kind of lacking, but I'd be a fool not to use her.

Joshua (replacing Forde):

Strength: 50

Luck: 25

Defense: 35

Resistance: 75

You can have crappy hp, or crappy speed, but you can't really have both. His base speed just isn't good enough to cut it. Alas.

Knoll (replacing Kyle):

Skill: 90

Defense: 15

Resistance: 120

He's like Amelia, but somehow worse. Not sure how this is possible. And the best part is, he still has no luck. Poor sod.

[spoiler=Chapter 6]

Ok, I'm just going to note that RNG and savestate abuse runs RAMPANT in here. Because fog of war is a bitch. I apologize if this offends anyone's sensibilities.

qxQqRXl.pnga2pUma9.png

Brought Marisa and Forde as extra torch-bearers because they have the highest defense out of the shitty guys.

um7oEMD.png

Plan: move north, kill boss before bael shows up.

MA6Zndc.pngfpsahA6.pngpcSh9On.png

Along the way, some hostiles are negated and levels are gained.

KVgyZka.png

This is turn 6 or so. Progress is slow, because I can't survive too many people piling on at once, and the reinforcement cavaliers have shown up. And they're tough.

ByfTYQG.png

Fortunately, Amelia came with a horseslayer, which is being put to good use.

KC6Ih68.png

And now, I have a problem. Ephraim will die to either the cavalier or the fighter, both of which double with 80-odd hit. Not worthwhile rigging 2 dodges. What do?

jTTcJbe.png

Easy. Surround him. I wanted to leave Saleh there to tank the fighter, but the fucker just waltzed over the mountain and smacked Ephraim anyway. So Kyle and Saleh went on bodyguard duty.

P41QQ47.png

Guy went after Seth and doubled, but missed one. Didn't even have to rig!

etID1ss.png

And she survives too.

739oeWV.pngwDlfq2q.pngalKRpWt.png

Seth gets revenge. Kind of weird that the AI didn't switch to the halberd, isn't it?

Bn5O7NG.png

So far, all visible enemies are down.

AagmHLH.png

Uh oh. Better hurry up.

qFDZ5NJ.png

Guess Tana's taking this one again.

cVdFRIf.png

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME

Looks like I'm not getting that Orion Bolt.

zbqmxsO.png

Sorry chica, you're SOL.

GWdSobv.png

So instead, I decide to take my time and kill all the other enemies. We start out with by wrecking something.

2MG0nQl.png

:(

VUDLUiy.pngmTlfgq6.png

Dunno if I showed off the mage before, but the priest is new. And has 7 move. This is what Seth could have been...

QX7YfOo.pngEgEZ2fA.png

Moulder's not doing too badly.

YBM79Un.pngWnCSVR4.pngraldDcK.pngnolmPgz.png

8J6kEJB.png

A level-up montage, with Kyle showing the rest of them what's up.

108IUmI.png

Tethys is the only one who can do damage without being counter-killed.

A7JBBsu.png

But she's pretty high-leveled as it is, so I feed the final hit to Ephraim, who seriously needs some hp. Chapter 8 robe is going to him.

[spoiler=Chapter 7]

cXQg9Id.png

Look at what I'm not getting, because the game decided not to assign me a thief!

fGLLhz8.pngAJsz1Sv.png

No throne for this guy, so Tethys and Seth can take him out, no problemo.

8Anx30y.png

Same crew as last time, although Forde and Marisa are back on the bench.

AmiG0hf.pngEUE2cgY.png

The first turn, Tana tanked those two soldiers. Now, Saleh and Kyle get some experience.

qyA9gOe.png

I'm sort of running away from the fighter/mage combo northwest. The ballista is useless to me, and they'll come to me anyway. Here, the mage tanks prepare to face the thunder fire.

5thWZCc.png

Mage goes for Tethys, realizing that it will tink on Ismaire. She does a lot more damage in return.

CeF4Wbb.png

Feel the tankiness!

GVffaIy.png

This fighter actually doubled Saleh. Majorly uncool.

k6gkVQL.png

Tanky mages are a thing.

gzZqpGR.png

She didn't crit, but dodged the return, and Moulder finished off for an ok level.

2cWGPCz.png

Seth killed the fighter.

s6SUked.png

Meanwhile, Joshua sits on a forest and gets ready to tank.

uZvQRYN.pngtPoxZpu.png

It takes a very long time, but he eventually kills the fighter.

DEmUd6D.pngDF9Ripo.png

Other levels, including TETHYS GETTING SPEED ON MY GOD

MxGTjNQ.png

Ballista tanking time. Spoiler: None of them hit her.

Y4QItog.png

Moulder takes no damage from those hyper-accurate and speedy but low strength mercs.

TE6TcjZ.png

Finally, she can progress to REAL weapons.

7w6gQpf.pngievuvIR.png

Ephraim needs speed, and Saleh actually gets hp, surprisingly.

G5PW2dP.png

No melee unit's gonna touch this guy and his 22 defense.

UX0r5Dc.png

Kyle gets a great level killing the last archer.

QU5cEFV.png5K7pYVx.png

This is how the boss goes down.

58frlEp.pngQFBkDpA.png

Probably going to Ephraim.

InaXtca.png

Still not as bad as Eirika and Orson's clear of 5x

[spoiler=chapter 8]

LdCS79G.pngGokNMc1.png

The boss. Not as threatening as, say, Novala, for sure.

A5vPxcU.png

The usual suspects.

lrHgRr2.pngfz3P9El.pngKbPRHAX.pngbY173SH.png

"Welcome to Chez Tirado's, can I get you a drink to-AAAAARGH"

sOyX6Lm.png

"Waiter, who let the dog in here?"

2rSW1E7.png

"YOUR COMBAT TRIANGLE ADVANTAGE MEANS NOTHING TO ME."

uYFnedQ.png

Eirika demonstrates that she has multiple-personality disorder.

6YFd3q2.png

Myrmidon and knight almost took the dog out. But almost isn't good enough. Saleh avenges the dog.

6YFd3q2.png

Moulder kills the knight and gets tankier.

paijgGc.png

Eirika lures an archer, the other two get the hell out of the way, and Tana prepares to tank a knight.

mqRW9GJ.png620FPDl.png

I have previously attempted this chapter, and this shaman ruined it because it doubled everything and I didn't bring an elixir. This time, I bring an elixir AND pure water. I can safely say this is the first time I have ever used pure water.

sWi5xqk.png

Dog heals up.

CyudBOz.png

A soldier hit him, but thankfully this fighter missed. Good doggy.

OHsqOUS.png

Bear in mind, Tethys has the highest resistance on my team after Eirika, and has pure water on top of it. Shamans in this version are insane.

4r9udWN.pngeaABS8n.png

Soldier and fighter go down, the latter netting Tana a nice level (because it has strength).

5PWckyJ.png

Eirika for best mage tank. Seriously, once she gets back, she and Tethys are going to wreck together.

hFRCa9O.png

Case in point.

OEyiVyA.png

Fuck you, shaman. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger.

7aE9OAR.png

GO DIE IN A HOLE.

VcFgIIJ.png

And now...bring on the knight squad.

FnWU8jY.png

On the west side, Knoll does the last useful thing in his life: upgrading Kyle to dangerous status.

Ed4F6pr.png2IZfHkD.pngnEhnjgu.png

Knight squad taking a pretty brutal beatdown. He didn't double the last one, so it blocked off the others.

ovVkFrz.png

Seth killed it the next turn and got a decent level.

gQ3UuTE.png

More knights dead.

JFI8efZ.png

Killed one of the backup cavaliers.

h2AushV.png

This time, the elixir wasn't even needed (probably because I killed the shaman before opening the door). That's the last knight.

iHgDaIJ.png

Until now.

YWucA0F.png

Ephraim's getting this, no question about it.

PeHYryQ.png

Kyle takes out a mercenary and gets a good level.

bKtr1Rf.pngxu3jzMK.png

I know you're never gonna get skill, but some strength would be nice :D

I don't seem to have a picture, but I'm pretty sure I gave him the skill book and Saleh the dracoshield. Maybe it's in the next update.

YQW89G3.png

"Walkin' down the street, singin' doo-wah diddy..."

tydSfaU.png

Drinky drinky magic stinky

...Yeah, I got nothing.

BUT NEITHER DO THOSE MAGES HAH

a99OGRC.png

A thief! I traded Seth and Tethy's vulneraries away just in case someone gets itchy fingers.

vXsiWbD.png

Tethys gets more defense from those mages.

y37fmIq.png

The thief, with nothing to steal, and being unwilling to knock down the wall and steal the nw chests, decides to waste Moulder's last use of the heavy spear. In hindsight, I should have let the thief get the angelic robe and then killed it, leaving me with enough chest keys to open both northwest chests. I got the whip and left the sword; alas, imgur is being dumb and refuses to upload those pics (why, I dunno).

1Pbs6pk.png

He finishes it off on his next turn, getting some much-needed strength. So, how about that skill?

lgSxoyB.pngk5nUetk.png

Kyle has become quite the terror since he got the fetid claw.

6gMvydA.png

I offload Eirika onto the wall so she can start killing the shaman in that room.

She ends up doing very poorly, so I remove her next turn.

s8xDXZR.png

Defense is really nice. I think he finished off a mage.

D5liHiv.png

Have I mentioned how tanky these things are!?

kks1nZQ.png

Yay! Defense!

M5K5sJu.png

After a long and difficult battle, Tana kills the shaman.

iY8wRXH.png

Direct-range combat is out of the question. And since he regenerates 3 hp per turn, this is gonna take a while.

YFmrImN.pngm70KrrY.png

Very nice!

XoWrv9c.png4CXOsQt.png

The rest of that time is spent getting supports.

OVaD4YZ.pngsDCmhTe.pngvlR8Uc1.png

Ephraim tests out the power of his new supports. Not rigged/10

C4Z6kZl.png

Even though I won't see her again till chapter 15, I get some supporting done anyway.

5BHAD3d.png

Was getting low on cash. Thank goodness for Hayden! Seems he's not too miffed about being benched.

SfjAJAN.png

I somewhat cheated and looked ahead, and neither Tana nor Cormag are fliers. Therefore, I would have to hack eliminate tedium to get Cormag, and I'd rather not. Apparently I can get Cormag on Eirika's route by offloading Saleh onto a mountain; we'll see whether this works when the time comes.

Besides, fuck Phantom Ship.

tgloiOS.png00mc9nH.png

I decided to check out the Tower of Valni. Guess which one is the boss?

SDnW6Qd.png

Tethys is going to hit level 20, because I seriously need a staffbot at this point, and Tana is along to kill that ridiculous Entombed. I picked Tethys for staffbot because the revenants all tink her, and they actually have skill now.

hHEA51r.pngP5NXmU0.png

See?

JbhER5t.pngWAtAxm8.pngFbxEAVy.pngjjS14Qz.pngXpWfc74.png

Levels!

jKs2Ptt.png

Up till this point, no rng abuse was required. So of course, I went back and killed it.

DGsRyrS.png

I don't really care what you get, that defense is guaranteed to go up and is really all I'm looking for.

T0yNgF0.png

Did another run, brought along Ephraim and Kyle to build up some more supports. Noticed this; was happy because that's worth 4.5k

eCya5ZW.pngc1jO8h6.png

A couple of more levels and OH MY GOD SHE GOT SPEED

STOP THE PRESSES

dCmPq5i.pngzEAGqFu.png

Kyle and Tana B supports, Ephraim also gets enough for Tana A at the beginning of the next map.

1KMTylE.png

Feed him the boss kill for a good level.

p0tDgqs.pngSlBDoyb.png

EI2TljG.pnggkXZ4Wf.png

I went with sage for ease on chapter 15. Extra con doesn't really bother me since she'll get doubled by everything under the sun anyway, and I have other units to do rescuing. Although, in fairness, she would be the only one that could pick up Ephraim. On the other hand, he'll get even more con on promotion, so...yeah. Sage it is.

I dunno what's going on with imgur, but I kept getting an error (something about "an unexpected error, please try again") every time I tried to upload more than 3-4 pictures at a time. And now that I tried to make it happen again, by uploading all the pics for chapter 9 in one go, it worked fine. It's almost like imgur went "oh no plz don't air my dirty laundry on serene's I'll never live it down!"

Whatever.

Chapter 9 coming soon.

Edited by Tequila

[spoiler=Chapter 9]

6CaxXmU.pngphhptCe.png

IN WHICH WE GET A THIEF OH MY GOD @@@@@@@@

This is Tana, in case you didn't know.

1bL02Fj.png

Oh Tethys, there's someone here to see you!

*she only does 6 damage*

Fuck.

gVQ9vB7.pngS7nGegI.png

Boss isn't too bad, but 17 speed pirates? Seriously?

p8ShMVe.png

And speaking pirates, I seriously need some sword users. My team, until now, is 3 lances, 1 sword, 1 axe, 1 light, 1 anima, and 1 rip-your-face-off.

U9sIPH0.png

As mentioned before, Ephraim and Tana get A support right off the bat. He now gets 4 attack, 1 defense, 25 accuracy, 17 avoid, 20 crit, and 25 crit evade between Kyle and Tana. In other words, this man's DANGEROUS.

swGqMFI.png

I'm not bothering to go south since I only have one healer and a limited time frame to grab Amelia's replacement, whenever they show up.

fMSNz3J.png5kYiumb.png

Supports in action.

Tny7HHv.png

Tethys might not do much to that sniper, but, frankly, it doesn't do much to her either.

uwTqztc.png

No way in hell am I going to save that village. Alas, I really could use that dracoshield. I don't really care about the rapier, since I already have one and no Eirika lord.

eLnjOH2.png

Mage tank coming along...poorly.

kgOmhtQ.png

Physical tank doing absolutely amazing, thanks for asking. This guy could have one-shot anyone else on my team with a crit.

1PVW70n.png

SUPPORTS IN ACTION

Which is good, because he got doubled and would have died otherwise.

klH4pqD.png

Ok, I like speed.

GZqeqFD.png

Supports in action?

WCafjKe.png

...fail.

ZoPEfoR.png

REALLY?

DQGwu1g.png

Cormag gets revenge and a nice new sword to play with.

KVIH43M.pngzdNRsTL.png

Damnit! Why have you given me no fliers, game?! I would have gotten a free robe, too (according to the wiki).

SPktFTx.png8lL276h.png

Amelia's replacement shows up. I'm not too keen to train this guy here; 11 attack is really not going to cut it on this crowd. Besides, I already have Seth. We'll see about growths at the end of the chapter.

3n9xyQS.png

A LOT of bogeys inbound. Things could get tense. A man could get hurt.

lH1mlld.png

A man could also become even more of a killing machine.

VWVlueE.png

So could a dog.

rsPT6BI.png

Oh crap.

Cpryd54.png

Some redoing of moves and some rng abuse later, everyone survives. But now the pirates are getting uncomfortably close, and everyone not named Moulder or Tana is either not doubling or getting doubled. Which means getting rid of this crowd will be problematic.

bQ8hlJb.pngGMpqh6o.png

Ok...slightly less problematic now.

75Jk6L0.png

As long as you get speed, I don't really care too much.

4lcdYxJ.pngLW9g4R5.png

SIGNIFICANTLY less problematic.

aAo3Bpo.png

Oh please, oh please, oh please...

n1ZAYI5.png

:D

GqY3RSf.png

TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE.

A4jpHGe.png

An excellent level from the Boulder, who is actually living up to his sobriquet.

eZQ2fNv.png

...You're making me wish I went Eirika route.

IAHl0Eg.png

Throw this to Tethys for even more pwnage.

PdI2oVd.png

Come to me, Gerik. Embrace your destiny.

nFoNgXI.png

He got doubled and they both hit. Remind me why I keep this guy around again?

He's forced, you say?

WELL WHOSE BLOODY BRILLIANT IDEA WAS THAT, EH?

HX6odjp.png

A horde of 17 speed pirates (aka they double everyone except Tana, Moulder, and Kyle, and don't get doubled) is a royal pain in the ass.

8by2KP9.png

"Franz" recruits "Amelia".

ibvy3cA.png

Run away from the pirates?

3MZArH5.pngR7K6Ol3.png

He actually crit. I am pleased.

2DEVDlW.png

A turn later, the pirates are no more.

0MS5cIi.png

Tethys can finally turn her attention from chipping to healing, getting a good level.

PUaO2t3.png

What WTD?

QhTqmJm.png

HNNNNG

ncJAYR4.png

You got skill, I'm happy.

QMo4ctn.png

Every enemy hanging out near Binks does no damage to Moulder. I take full advantage of this.

OMIcszN.png8rsi0oI.pngxVsZcK4.pngJ9y3HgK.png

I'm actually happy with these.

05TESRe.png

I am very happy with this.

I don't have a picture of killing Binks, which means that whoever did it didn't get a level. Fin.

LgWuFMD.png

Back in the tower, I have a brilliant idea of getting my own CAPTAIN PHANTOM. Unfortunately, that means leveling Ewan. So the plan is as follows: get rid of UBERBOSS ENTOMBED (pictured here), while Tethys tanks a revenant that has less than 8 res (actually difficult to find, Ewan seriously sucks) and healing Tana if necessary.

o4FDciA.pnguMMVrM9.pngqYwqbJ0.png5GK2pq6.png

AyBFgec.pngzhShK4Z.pngW8ut1GO.png

Did I mention he sucks?

MxD0Wo7.png

Tethys even picks up a level while healing.

0QR26bY.png

Tana gets the honor of destroying the boss.

[spoiler=Growths (Cormag, Gerik)]

Cormag (replacing Tana):

HP: 75

Strength: 30

Defense: 60

A thief, so he'll have to be on my team. And hang on, 5% speed growth? And he's procced it twice? There goes the rest of my luck ever.

Gerik (replacing Amelia):

Skill: 20

Luck: 100

I never thought I'd say this to the Desert Tiger, but seriously, fuck off.

[spoiler=Chapter 10]

qOE9sES.pngh7tMT9C.png

Dozla replaces Innes. Still bow-locked and has shitty movement. Now you know why i didn't use Duessel (not that I needed an excuse to, with those growths).

The master seal is to promote Ewan. I hacked that in so I don't have to wait until chapter 15 to get one. I decided to use him anyway as a summoner, even if his stats are absolute trash.

fqQfope.pngVi4tj3V.png

AT LAST! A HEALER! After 9 grueling chapters, I am saved. Even though I already have a staffbot now. Still, that base res/speed looks nice, especially on a level 1. Replaces Tethys.

gbdlwsI.pngzbHYgEc.png

A sword user? I think I might give her a try, despite that poor movement.

v85IEcY.png

I gave the speedwing to Saleh rather than Tethys because she gets doubled by nearly everything even with the wing. Saleh at least has a chance of doubling/not getting doubled.

bGWs26t.png1mu7MHS.png

The crew. Joshua, Marisa, and Duessel are coming along to get me some money in the arena.

QvIlSXq.pngI0V3Idq.png

Pablo doesn't look too bad.

fMyEwNM.png

So...uh...I accidentally overwrote some of my pics. This is taken day 3 or so. I changed the AI for Vanessa and co. to "Stand Still", because otherwise she would run out and get absolutely wrecked by a gang of soldiers by turn 3. So they stand still, while Tethys, Tana, and Cormag head over to recruit them (Cormag is Tana, so he can recruit Innes/Dozla). The rest of the crew forms a cordon north of that pyramid/gazebo thing and hold the fort. Other then that, not much is happening.

BgBjobN.png

You can see the first soldier approaching the greenies.

yvwBuab.png

And see just how bad they hurt. Thankfully, even with that ridiculously heavy blade, she still doesn't get doubled.

inSZT2J.png

And the AI's even smart enough to patch her up!

k8LwZbG.png

Tethys and Tana are wrecking down here. Cormag's a little fragile, so he hides in Tana's shadow.

LDr4mgi.png

Ismaire drinks a vulnerary after getting on the wrong side of some axes.

ektMcLY.pngd3HPEpo.png

Despite my best efforts, Vanessa gets destroyed by a soldier/ballista combo. I rng abused to the ballista would miss, though.

FJxRo4B.png

Alas, Tana can't quite ORKO. And she doesn't crit, so that ballista dude will survive for another turn.

EFP6IM7.png

Seth does a 1-damage chip (the brigand reinforcements have really high res) and gets a not-so-great level.

Q9BEM3y.pngBgN5rwc.png

Ephraim and Kyle show him how it's done.

F95mgb3.png5JYdmyI.png

Kyle also has some close calls.

kBlh1VI.png

The ballista guy ran off, oddly enough not firing, and got healed up. Fucker. No way can I reach him now.

Hang on, there seems to be an extra archer there. Let's have a look, shall we?

wUfHKLm.pngugLY5fL.png

Hmm...Doesn't look great. But having a decent bow-user would nice. If I use Vanessa I'd probably promote her to hero, but I dunno. Growths will tell.

xMrGbKt.pngRG24VRG.png9fizT7R.png

Tana looks on in shock as her clone recruits her rather bony-looking brother. Tethys does the same.

zoqo5LN.png7ysE8qU.png

I'm feeling Saleh the brigands, since he really needs to start pulling his weight. Tethys is, of course, still wrecking down south.

6dlPTKZ.png

No restore staves, so anyone going to sleep stays asleep.

S6oNkZ7.png

Dropping Saleh on the peak for super-duper evasion. I like these new movement values :D

xf34UtR.png

The cavalry arrives, on foot, and quite slow. Alas, he doesn't crit. Also, I made two mistakes here.

MYkkd0n.png

The ballista dude didn't attack last turn, so I thought he wasn't going to attack again. Alas, he did. Two soldiers also killed Cormag, so I redid the positioning a little.

91B14v3.pngvarIbCK.pngLNT2bW8.png

Syrene so good.

6V0Tm8z.png

Moulder...marginally less good.

kkmQvQh.pngrnWWvui.pngAc4BQGm.png

Now, you dun made me mad. Also got a torch staff (yay?)

3uEmPKh.png

Pinning in Natasha. Don't want to bring in the reinforcements quite yet, so I'm waiting until I clear out the rest of the enemies before recruiting her.

FFBRTmM.png

Cormag nicks her vulnerary for lulz and gets...more speed!?

3 times. On a 5% growth. That's...pretty freaking lucky.

hVBnPLy.png

Moulder and his 0 luck get some help in that department from Syrene's icon.

AdRaEr3.png

First level looking good.

utu7yDh.png

For Saleh, probably.

M42nwYP.png

Kyle and his 92 avoid (on a peak) will tank this ballista. Unsurprisingly, he doesn't get hit.

sNTGt4N.png

It's a one-stat level I'm actually ok with.

HB4snhs.png

For Natasha/to be sold.

Uz8RKCO.png9phpoYy.pngDdlVvRS.png

Meanwhile, I start preparing for the reinforcements for when I recruit Natasha.

rl81PSY.png

Ok, bring 'em on.

wVTUwn5.pngqNclTpo.png

Goody. Cormag's conveniently-gotten speed will allow me to lift that talisman. And while the stats are somewhat threatening, the hp is laughable. Aren't these worse than normal? How does that even happen?

QsLlW8D.png0cCoCaR.png

Ok...this is a bit more of a problem. Still, look at those movement values. Note to self: pray for no falcoknights, and promote to wyvern knight.

uPuElqv.png

She actually hits this without abuse.

INhTLRv.png

An opportunity for Seth to get some levels. If by some fluke he gets hit, Tethys can patch him up.

CQYzTGr.png

Meanwhile, Moulder's got things under control in his corner.

HAw2Z5b.png

I was hoping to pin the ranger using Marisa and Joshua, but he was just too dangerous to leave alive. Tethys gets to kill him.

43NpJEG.png

Dozla killed a pegasus with Natasha's longbow, while she killed another with the ballista. Everyone's out of range of the falcoknight, and the last remaining pegasus should not be able to kill anyone, or get killed, since it has the talisman and I want it to remain alive.

pE1xJUC.png

Doubles, but doesn't kill. Whew.

Guza8p0.png

...no room. He drops a vulnerary and steals the talisman.

kgOSWX5.png

The benefits of everyone having A ranks: Natasha can use the silver bow after Dozla to finish off...

NaSiXfr.pngfNl4ioz.png

...like so. Not off to a great start, though.

MYCnCfl.png

Seth gets a good level from the cavaliers.

zBZJ5I9.png

Strength is excellent. Even if you don't get anything else, you can heal and destroy monsters as a bishop, so keep up the strength and I'll use you.

9RzY7Pr.pngVwqP8wE.png

Ephraim kills Pablo and gets the ring, along with a nice level.

esi37sn.png

Meanwhile, Joshua, Duessel, and Marisa are abusing the arena, with Syrene healing. I think it's a given that she's going to get lots of magic. I'm not going to show their levels since I'm not going to use them.

stVw6l7.png9OlzoPr.pngmhIE8su.png8ujkJhs.png

bAPw5xk.png

Syrene's looking good, especially that last one.

RPlRwfo.pngxJLyEeV.png

Some others get levels (TETHYS GOT SPEED)

ph2CSET.pngtr7rMha.png

Might as well get some supports while I'm waiting. And then I end.

[spoiler=Growths (Dozla, Syrene, Vanessa, Natasha)]

Dozla (replacing Innes):

HP: 105

Strength: 75

Speed: 50

I suppose he might not be that bad (except the lousy base skill and growth), but the movement really clinches it for me. Sorry, short green guy. Maybe next time.

Syrene (replacing Tethys):

HP: 55

Strength: 120

Skill: 40

Defense: 60

Has enough base speed and resistance to negate those cruddy growths, and is pretty damn good everywhere else. Will definitely use.

Vanessa (replacing Gerik):

HP: 50

Strength: 85

Skill: 90

Speed: 25

Resistance: 85

I think she's going to replace Ismaire as my mage tank. Definitely using.

Natasha (replacing Marisa):

HP: 30

Strength: 45

Skill: 25

Speed: 80

Luck: 45

Defense: 80

Resistance: 35

...3 almost-balanced units in a row? What is this sorcery?? Will definitely use as well. I think that pretty much rounds off my team at this point.

Edited by Tequila