On Project Naga...

Lantairu

Oh yeah. I didn't know they said that in the Epilogue though, I thought it was something that was just implied.

they don't SAY "levin is holsety" But Celice calls levin "holsety of the wind" when saying goodby for the last time.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I was just reading the thread, and I'm glad you're not taking name suggestions. That said, I REALLY hope you plan on using Fergus and not Felgus. Fergus is most likely a reference to Fergus mac Róich from Irish mythology. It would be a shame for these kinds of references to be lost due to a few people's personal preference.

Edited by Gaggle of Geese

I was just reading the thread, and I'm glad you're not taking name suggestions. That said, I REALLY hope you plan on using Fergus and not Felgus. Fergus is most likely a reference to Fergus mac Róich from Irish mythology. It would be a shame for these kinds of references to be lost due to a few people's personal preference.

ZPbLZW6.png

now let's us start a fight for the name of Valhalla

I doubt the name of any major locations will be changed unless map editing becomes a thing.

Map editing does not have to be a thing, only picture inserting. IIrc, someone has already created a demo where the holy blood wheel and other graphics have the names changed, and i specifically remember that person and BookOfHolsety discussing changing the world map somewhere. (There is also a map editing tool, but that's beside the point.)

Speking of which, do we HAVE to get all salty about names now?

Speking of which, do we HAVE to get all salty about names now?

One person making a joke about how people fight about such things. One person declaring their love for a narmy inaccurate name and a third reasserting the reason why it's an issue in the first place. No, I don't think we do have to get aggressive about such things.

if you're referring to how I said "pls use felgus" or whatever, that was a joke about how one patch actually has his name as "Felgus"

it's incredibly obvious that it's supposed to be fergus; i don't even think felgus is a real name

Edited by maybe

if you're referring to how I said "pls use felgus" or whatever, that was a joke about how one patch actually has his name as "Felgus"

it's incredibly obvious that it's supposed to be fergus; i don't even think felgus is a real name

Arvis isn't a real name either but Nintendo themselves went with that for some reason >.>

Edited by Jotari

One person making a joke about how people fight about such things. One person declaring their love for a narmy inaccurate name and a third reasserting the reason why it's an issue in the first place. No, I don't think we do have to get aggressive about such things.

Good, because this forum does that way too often.

Well looks like I was just proven wrong...Arvis still sounds silly.

And considering Alvis is a minor character in Norse mythology, that's clearly the name they were going for.

Edited by Jotari

take it up with 8-4, i don't care enough anymore

So are the scripts completely done, including editing and revising?

Edited by Lantairu

oh, god no. still pretty dissastisfied with most of firstgen, prologue excepted. i'm still way behind on proofing because first my laptop died, then uni started. honestly we could probably put secondgen and the epilogue in as it stands and i'd be content, but it'd probably be for the best to give those a once-over

How did it end up with the Second Gen being completed before the first? Is the dialogue in that just easier or more interesting to translate? Or is it a result of who was assigned to which task?

i'm the only translator (aside from a few passages where gringe or amielleon stepped in to help). everything was done in order, but since the entire thing was one colossal learning experience, i got progressively less shit at both interpreting japanese and at the whole writing thing, and my translation philosophy (pardon the wanky term) shifted a fair bit, so secondgen ended up much better than firstgen. at the very least, i cringe a lot less when i reread it

Edited by bookofholsety

bookofholsety, I guess you didn't read my post in this thread earlier, so I'll repost it.

In case you don't care about the names, when this patch is completed and public released, can I use it as a base, change all the names and release it for all players who think those official localized names are stupid.

For example:

I'll keep all the castle and holy blood names just like how they were already localized in-game 20 years ago.

Edited by hanhnn

i'd really rather that people didn't do that because it's kind of a pointless and idiotic endeavour and arguably a lot more trouble than it's worth, but dds will probably release his tools once the patch is out so it's not like i'll be able to do anything about it