Serenes Forest Tourney Thread

Anacybele

Okay, guys, here's our thread for the tourney mode tournament I made yesterday. :)

Remember, its rules are as follows:

30 Participants

3-stock

5 minutes

No items

Custom characters and Mii Fighters are ON

Sudden Death is ON

Whoever has the most wins when it ends wins it all!

You can play as many matches as you want in a day.

It will run until 10PM EST tomorrow night. But I or someone else can always start up another one after that though. :)

It's also password protected to make sure only SF users get in. The password is: PickagodFE

Because pretty much all of us agree that "Pick a god and pray!" is an epic line, right? ^^

The tourney ID is: 06936392493049

If you forget any of this, you can also view the rules in the tourney's page. Rankings can be viewed too. Mine is so sad... Lag and being a little out of practice wasn't helping any. xP

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Request for the next tourney: Sudden Death Off, finite tourney matches per day, a little more time than 5 minutes if it's 3-stock.

Had some fun playing Water Mage earlier; got the hardest of reads with my Charizard, too! X3

Request for the next tourney: Sudden Death Off, finite tourney matches per day, a little more time than 5 minutes if it's 3-stock.Had some fun playing Water Mage earlier; got the hardest of reads with my Charizard, too! X3

Gotta say, your swordsman Mii is impressive!

I was completely destroyed in our match because I underestimated him, I mean, I knew he was buffed, but I didn't really realized it until our match,

That being said, I have to apologize for not putting much of a fight and my overall poor perfomance, this tournament is the first I played Smash in 3 months, so as you most likely noticed, I am a very rusty.

Request for the next tourney: Sudden Death Off, finite tourney matches per day, a little more time than 5 minutes if it's 3-stock.

Why? Sudden Death is awesome. And more than five minutes seems too long, imo. And why should we limit the number of matches per day? Wouldn't we want to play as much as we want?

Not that I won't EVER consider your suggestions, I'm just curious about your reasoning for them.

No, it's Wii U. Sorry, Sara... Remember, I don't play the 3DS version anymore. It stinks that the versions can't play together though...

Oh yeah, I'll go hop into the tourney for a bit. Hopefully the lag won't be as bad this time...

Edited by Anacybele

Found the reason for the lag:

Stages

It seems that stages with to much things happening like Final Destination and Halberd cause a lot of lag

EDIT: I'm now 100% absolutely certain that the stages are responsible for the lag. This last match was proof.

Edited by Water Mage

Found the reason for the lag:

Stages

It seems that stages with to much things happening like Final Destination and Halberd cause a lot of lag

EDIT: I'm now 100% absolutely certain that the stages are responsible for the lag. This last match was proof.

I doubt it. I have had many battles on FD 4 player without any lag. It's always someone's connection being flubbered up in the end.

I doubt it. I have had many battles on FD 4 player without any lag. It's always someone's connection being flubbered up in the end.

But didn't the lag get worse when the background got more erratic?

And got better during the sea part?

Granted, I played a 3vs3 in this tournament in the Mushroom Kingdom U. stage and had no lag, but even tought the background changed, it wasn't as erratic as FD and Halberd.

But didn't the lag get worse when the background got more erratic?

And got better during the sea part?

Granted, I played a 3vs3 in this tournament in the Mushroom Kingdom U. stage and had no lag, but even tought the background changed, it wasn't as erratic as FD and Halberd.

no. When a player got disconnected, everything started running smoothly.

Whoever that Adam person is, quit trying to play with me. I need to play someone that won't totally crush me... I still have no wins. I'm not having any lag though. But that could be because I haven't done a four player match yet today.

I didn't think I was this out of practice though, I could hardly do anything against the person I was playing. They gave me very few chances. But I won't enter any tournaments if I don't ever get any wins. That's the whole point of entering, you know? To have fun, and to win a few matches (I wouldn't care about winning the whole thing, I never expected I would ever do that). But it's not fun losing them all. Oh, but I wouldn't want someone to just lose on purpose either. I wouldn't have really earned it and it wouldn't tell me if I've gotten better. Which doesn't seem possible... I've never been good at reading people and I often just can't keep up with what they're doing, yet they read me 100% perfectly...

It also seems that when I play people online, I either get obliterated or I have a close match and still lose... That's no fun either.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm on now if people are up for playing. We had a good few 4 man matches, Dotty, you're pretty swag.

Whoever that Adam person is

Hi.

Well, hi to you too then. Sorry, but I wish to play someone else. Yes, I need to play people better than me in order to improve myself, but if the person is so good that I can't do anything...well, that won't help either, unfortunately.

Is anyone other than Shin going to play right now? If not, well, I guess I don't have a choice. Maybe more matches with even him will let me figure more things out, who knows...