LordTaco goes to Nintendo World!

Sentacotus

Took a little trip with some folks to NYC and since I have no real intention of going back there anytime soon we decided to head over to Nintendo World located at 10 Rockefellar Plaza and see what it was all about. As you would expect it was croweded with Nintendo fans both young and old scouring the shelves for Nintendo merchandise which included games, hanafuda cards, amiibos (at MSRP ; ] ), and even Nintendo Monopoly and plushies. Please pardon the quality NYC was quite busy that day and I had to keep moving while trying to steady my cell phone and take pics.

Outside of the building

20150802_114846_zpsalbszlii.jpg

Lifesize DK Stand (unfortunately not for sale sorry Tsu)

20150802_113650_zpsdirr4prg.jpg

Second Floor with Mario display Stand, shirts, and plushies in the background

20150802_113600_zps32tkbrr0.jpg

Wii U gaming stands

20150802_113551_zpstblrq8nh.jpg

Zelda History Display and Handheld History display. Hands down my favorite part of the store

20150802_113030_zpsgbyhpozg.jpg

NES panel

20150802_113100_zpsfvbbsnhi.jpg

Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword Panel. Those figures were crazy good.

20150802_113053_zpsw5snr0fw.jpg

Amiibo display case of all amiibos released thus far

20150802_113312_zpscdek4qm7.jpg

One of the Many plushie stands they had

20150802_114104_zpskltrhmjd.jpg

The Loot. I got the Inkling Boy, Toad, and some Hanafuda cards. My sis got a Dedene Plushie and Wario Amiibo.

20150802_181825_zps44m5optd.jpg

Overall, great experience and while I'm not too fond of NYC itself it made the trip worth it and I got to see some interesting stuff.

EDIT: For anyone wanting to go here's the address. 10 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10020. On 48th Street in Manhatten. In between 6th and 5th Avenue.

Edited by LordTaco42

Man, you so lucky, Taco. I've always wanted to go to Nintendo World. My mom has an aunt in NYC though, so hopefully we'll go up there to see her and I'll get my excuse to go to the store. :P

Oh, a couple of your pics aren't showing up for me, btw...

EDIT: Ah, all I needed to do was refresh... lol

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah it was pretty fun. Extremely busy though thats to be expected. If you like Nintendo in any capacity there is definetely something in there for anyone. They even had a bunch of people there playing Splatoon, MK8, and SSB4 online.

It was a crummy pic so I didn't post it but they also had a campfire built circle with a bunch of 3DS's around it to play on.

Edited by LordTaco42

Oh yes, I imagine that there's something there for everyone! I only wish they had FE stuff other than the Amiibo. I'd totally buy an Ike shirt! Especially if it has RD Ike on it. :3 And you'd buy an Ike shirt too, no doubt!

And that's cool! I'd love to play MK8 and Smash with people there!

That campfire thing sounds so cool, you're making me want to go even more badly... DX

Yeah unfortunately FE stuff there was almost nonexistant well unless you count the copies of Awakening they were selling there. Otherwise I would have gotten some of it. While they have a better supply of Amiibo in store than most (if not all places) the rarest ones you'll find will be the splatoon guys, Toad, and maybe Wario. There were a lot of Sonics ironically though and the standard ones you would expect (Link, Mario, Pikachu etc).

Edited by LordTaco42

Yeah, but since FE's been going up up and away in popularity lately, maybe they'll start adding FE merchandise! Like, not a lot, of course, but a little, like some t-shirts with Marth, Ike, Awakening stuffs, and/or all of them to start off, and if they sell great, add a little more. I can only hope. ^^

Because god damn it, I love Ike too much to go without a t-shirt with his awesome sexy self on it foreverrrr.

Oh, and the t-shirt needs to say "I fight for my friends" or "You'll get no sympathy from me!" too. :D

Edited by Anacybele

that Zelda display be super fly! goodshit.txt right there, mate! Thanks for the sharing! Id love to have one of those on the West Coast. Also i need it. I need the Fuzzy plushie. Need.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Yeah, but since FE's been going up up and away in popularity lately, maybe they'll start adding FE merchandise! Like, not a lot, of course, but a little, like some t-shirts with Marth, Ike, Awakening stuffs, and/or all of them to start off, and if they sell great, add a little more. I can only hope. ^^

Because god damn it, I love Ike too much to go without a t-shirt with his awesome sexy self on it foreverrrr.

Oh, and the t-shirt needs to say "I fight for my friends" or "You'll get no sympathy from me!" too. :D

I would hope so and holy crap that is a great T-shirt idea if nothing else just for Smash Bros. Imagine wearing that shit at tournaments and stuff. The hype would be real.

that Zelda display be super fly! goodshit.txt right there, mate! Thanks for the sharing! Id love to have one of those on the West Coast. Also i need it. I need the Fuzzy plushie. Need.

Anytime they had alot of stuff there and I thought it was cool that we got to go so I'd figure others on here would like to see it.

Looks pretty radical! Glad you had fun because this is something I'd love to experience for myself.

Yeah I don't regret it at all. If you like Nintendo in any capacity I'd strongly recommend going to it if you are ever in or around the city.

Whoa thats all so cool! I'm jealous of the cards!

They are pretty cool although the instructions are in Japanese so I don't understand how to play the game (there's just a bunch of artwork images on the cards) although I bet I could look it up online.

I would hope so and holy crap that is a great T-shirt idea if nothing else just for Smash Bros. Imagine wearing that shit at tournaments and stuff. The hype would be real.

Yeah, I know! That would be so freaking sweet. x3

But...a Nintendo store in America is selling a card game that only has instructions in Japanese...? Wat.

Yeah, I know! That would be so freaking sweet. x3

But...a Nintendo store in America is selling a card game that only has instructions in Japanese...? Wat.

So the story behind that (as far as I know) is that Nintendo sold playing cards originally before they ever got involved in either toys or videogames and thats what the Hanafuda cards are. I guess I know they are legitimate Nintendo cards then haha.

For the record they did also sell regular playing cards but with Zelda and Mario themes to them I just thought the Hanafuda cards were something unique that I would only be able to find for cheap there and its something to remember the trip by other than the Amiibos.

Edited by LordTaco42

As a fun fact, Nintendo I believe was founded before Japan modernized under the Meiji Emperor, so when Japan was still in the Middle Ages. It is without question the oldest of the big three of gaming.

So many amiibos...

So many games...

So many moms...

Seriously, why everytime I go to a gaming, there's a lot of moms? And no teenagers...

I know the pics don't quite show it (I took them when people cleared out for a second) but there really were people of all ages in there and being NYC there were alot of overseas tourists as well.

Very cool, thanks for the pics! :) I don't really have a desire to go to NYC for any reason aside from maybe visiting this store and visiting a couple people I know there, so it's nice to see since I probably won't ever have a chance to in person. :p