Lunatic Practicality Builds Thread

We have a unit optimization thread for PvP and other postgame fun, but there has been little talk about in-game practicality, and when there has, it has been fleeting.

To get the ball rolling, Jakob really seems to be best as a GK, reclassing as early as possible to give you a pseudo-Oifey (With a female avatar), or possibly a pseudo-Cain to Silas' Abel in Hoshido (If you have a male Avatar). Effie also stands out to me due to her busted Str, Spd, and Def. If Mozume passes Villager for buddy, Aptitude and Weapons Master would suit her well because she doesn't like GK's low Skl due to her own low Skl, and she hates both of their Speed growths and caps.

Mozume doesn't pass Villager for buddy; she passes Bowman. But she gives Villager to children.

Disclaimer: This is secondhand information that others have told me (or I've read) on these forums. I don't actually have the game yet.

Growths and bases become the dominant considerations in this environment over max stat mods (with mods only coming into play if someone naturally caps something before endgame levels).

The different routes also mean each route would have a different consideration

Aside from that, you have things like (considering endgame things), Male Avatar vs Female Avatar, and that also determines Felicia and Jakob's Availability, "usage of dlc", "renown rewards", and..maybe some others I might have missed out on.

Oh, and it should assume no buying of skills, because everything just falls apart if you do.

Grinding (EXP, Weapon Levels, Supports, Gold, dlc or not) as well, plus the slightly less important buying from other players.

I don't think resources matter that much though.

I agree on almost immediately reclassing Jakob to GK in Hoshido, as his 55 HP growth and the defense boost from switching will allow him to be the only real tank Hoshido. With Sakura's and Asama's early availability and the variety of shuriken-users in Hoshido, Joker doesn't really fill a niche unless reclassed.

Similarly, Felicia should be immediately reclassed to Strategist in both routes. She can actually deal damage that way, and fills a niche in Hoshido as the best mage early-game. She retains her ability to heal and gains +2 MOV on switch.

You need to abuse Effie. Nohr is basically putting Effie in chokepoints while everyone else focuses on Player Phase. Abusing a GK Jakob gives you a second tank and therefore more freedom. This alone makes Female Avatar probably a better choice.

I agree on almost immediately reclassing Jakob to GK in Hoshido, as his 55 HP growth and the defense boost from switching will allow him to be the only real tank Hoshido. With Sakura's and Asama's early availability and the variety of shuriken-users in Hoshido, Joker doesn't really fill a niche unless reclassed.

Similarly, Felicia should be immediately reclassed to Strategist in both routes. She can actually deal damage that way, and fills a niche in Hoshido as the best mage early-game. She retains her ability to heal and gains +2 MOV on switch.

You need to abuse Effie. Nohr is basically putting Effie in chokepoints while everyone else focuses on Player Phase. Abusing a GK Jakob gives you a second tank and therefore more freedom. This alone makes Female Avatar probably a better choice.

And in general I'd just say that Joker is better in general, since we have Elise in Nohr for healing, and than like one hundred healers in hoshido, which is about the only Felicia is good for .