Conflicted

Aleqious

I am literally on the verge of buying myself a JP 3DS and both copies of FE If. But honestly I feel like I'm going to miss a lot of dialogue but my patience is at the point of breaking. Should I just hold in a little longer and hopefully survive the wait until 2016? :/ Also some stuff might get removed, sooooo...

And it's not the first time I've gotten a game from Japan. :I

It all depends on how much the extra cost means to you. I bought a Japanese 3DS for Awakening, but at that time it wasn't even confirmed for an overseas release at all.

Resist! You can't give up like that!

I'm sure you can resist until the occidental release!

Show some spirits!

But if you think you can't do it, there's nothing more to do but to give up and go for it.

The choice is up to you.

If you get a JP 3DS, you should invest in one for things other than just Fates.

I got mine earlier in the year, and I primarily got it for Super Robot Wars games. I only ended up getting Fates since I had a JP 3DS and figured, "Why not?"

I've got a lot of extra disposable income and I am also considering getting a JP 3DS for Fates. I just want to know where I can get the 3ds for a decent price.

Edit: I also think it would be a waste for only one game.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

It's ultimately up to you but i caved and bought a JP 3DS just to play this game.

To be fair, i did it since i mostly wanted to experience the gameplay. I'd hold out till the NA release if you want to play this mostly for plot reasons.

I got a Japanese 3DS for this game, and began learning a bit of Japanese as well. With the help of a kanji guide, I can understand bits and pieces of things (but nowhere enough to understand it on my own). Really, it depends on whether you feel it's worth it and if you have the money to spare.

Better question than speaking; can you read Japanese?

All the same, I'd say wait.

It's pretty easy to navigate JP games tbh. It helps that the interface is basically identical to Awakening's.

It's ultimately up to you but i caved and bought a JP 3DS just to play this game.

To be fair, i did it since i mostly wanted to experience the gameplay. I'd hold out till the NA release if you want to play this mostly for plot reasons.

I just want the gameplay and the games are pretty big so it'd be worth the purchase I feel. It's just... Argh. Buying a console for one game goes against my principle. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I think of it as a future investment...

I am literally on the verge of buying myself a JP 3DS and both copies of FE If.

Are you going to buy two physical copies separately? Because unless you feel like collecting physical goods, that's not the best thing to do. For starter, save data aren't shared across both games. Actually, the 3DS treats both versions, Special Edition and the download version as four different games.

If your problem has to do with paying online, just go get those prepaid cards instead.

It's pretty easy to navigate JP games tbh. It helps that the interface is basically identical to Awakening's.

I was more referring to if she actually cared about what was going on in the story/dialogue rather than navigation. For example, I've played Pokemon White 2 in Japanese because it's fairly easy to know what to do in a Pokemon game, but I could understand very little dialogue.

But if she wants to fully grasp everything, I wouldn't advise spending so much if she doesn't know the language even if you can figure out what to do to win.

I'd say go for it. I myself bought a new 3ds ll for this game, and it's well worth it imo.

Besides, a lot of the story plot and stuff has been translated online already, so I'm sure you'd be able to understand to at least some extent !

and we don't even know when in 2016 it's going to be released, they could make us wait over a year, though that'd be cruel aha

My Japanese is very limited, but I could navigate the game just fine.

If you have a Google smartphone like a Samsung Galaxy-series, there is a handy Google Translate app that lets you take a picture of the screen and then highlight text to translate it to English. It isn't advanced enough to translate dialogue or full sentences, but if you need to translate one or two words (like for a menu), it works pretty well. I used it when I came across a Japanese word I didn't know.

The language barrier really isn't a big deal with a little effort and intuition. You can enjoy the game even if you aren't fluent in Japanese.

You can also play Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Saphire and Pokemon XY in English on a Japanese 3DS if you don't have them already. Animal Crossing is another game that's easy to play in Japanese.

If you have the money to spare then why not.But if you need the money for something more important then I would wait.

I've got a lot of extra disposable income and I am also considering getting a JP 3DS for Fates. I just want to know where I can get the 3ds for a decent price.

I got mine from Play-Asia while it was on sale. They currently have a New 3DS model in the same color as mine at $200.

I've considered it as well, but for me the breaking point is that I'd want to play around with the My Castle battle stuff within my region and, more generally, would probably buy it again anyway just to support the series in the west. Paying $200 for something I'd really enjoy isn't bad, but paying for it twice and bringing the total to $300 would not sit well with me. Like, even if I already had a Japanese 3DS from awakening or monster hunter I probably wouldn't want to spend $100 twice so supporting the western release wins out. Less a matter of the actual costs and more a matter of the feeling of impatience leading to waste.

If they hadn't announced a western release I'd have already imported it but since they announced one I'll just find other stuff to do during the half a year wait while hoping they don't mangle it in any serious way.

I got mine from Play-Asia while it was on sale. They currently have a New 3DS model in the same color as mine at $200.

(I love Axel I love your avi)

I caved and got a 3DS LL off amazon for 180. 2 day shipping OP plz nerf. Gonna download it. How's the 3DS SRW?

(I love Axel I love your avi)

I caved and got a 3DS LL off amazon for 180. 2 day shipping OP plz nerf. Gonna download it. How's the 3DS SRW?

UX is pretty good. I liked that it had Demonbane.

Very hyped for BX next week.

Resist! You can't give up like that!

I'm sure you can resist until the occidental release!

Show some spirits!

But if you think you can't do it, there's nothing more to do but to give up and go for it.

The choice is up to you.

What he said. I want the game badly too, almost to the point of learning Japanese. My advice is to hang tough. I'm assuming you don't speak Japanese so you won't get the full experience. If you don't care for story though go for it.