Famitsu's FE Fates survey for Japanese players

Ryo

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201508/08085484.html

Famitsu is holding a survey asking the players about their impression and opinions after playing FE14, in the form of a poll and various questions. Sadly, even if you can read (and write!) Japanese, I don't think you're allowed to vote since it's asking you to provide address, telephone number, postal code etc. (the lucky voters will receive some rewards). But if you can find a way to get behind this without having your votes deemed illegitimate, then hooray!

EDIT: It seems you can vote and answer without needing to fill in the above information, so go for it!

The poll ranges from generic questions like which game in the series has the voter played, which route did they choose first, favorite characters/classes, to "touchy" subjects like difficulty modes and the marriage system etc.

Whether the result of this survey would have any impact on the "future direction" of FE remains to be seen, however I'm still quite curious to know what the Japanese gamers think about the game in general. If I'm reading it right, the answers will be published in a future Weekly Famistu issue after they're done editing.

Edited by Ryo

Interesting, but from what I understand, the questions are rather basic and none of the them focus on the story, other than being potential answers for the question regarding why you chose the route you did first. What a shame, I wanted to hear what the Japanese players thought about it as a whole.

Still, it'll be interesting to see who people married and who their favorite characters are.

Interesting, but from what I understand, the questions are rather basic and none of the them focus on the story, other than being potential answers for the question regarding why you chose the route you did first. What a shame, I wanted to hear what the Japanese players thought about it as a whole.

Still, it'll be interesting to see who people married and who their favorite characters are.

same!

You can vote without entering your information. You just won't be eligible for the lucky draw (the prize is 1000 Gavas, which can be used for exchanging stuff like games and hardware).

They also said you can just answer the parts that you can. So go ahead.

EDIT: Those of you so concerned about the marriage system, you can voice your opinions there. They listed "the FE4-like generation switch is more preferrable" and "I like the support system but I want no children".

Edited by nocturnal YL

Well shit, I accidentally sent in my form in an incomplete state, so several questions were left unanswered and others in a very poor state and dreadful Japanese; they'll probably assume I'm completely daft and not take my criticism seriously.

Kind of like how people treat my posts on this forum *ba dum TS*.

Well shit, I accidentally sent in my form in an incomplete state, so several questions were left unanswered and others in a very poor state and dreadful Japanese; they'll probably assume I'm completely daft and not take my criticism seriously.

Kind of like how people treat my posts on this forum *ba dum TS*.

It's not that we don't take your criticisms seriously; it's that it got tiring hearing the same criticisms oft repeated by the same person.

Anyway, interested to see the results and see if my Aqua/Leon prediction for "most popular characters" is correct.

It's not that we don't take your criticisms seriously; it's that it got tiring hearing the same criticisms oft repeated by the same person.

Anyway, interested to see the results and see if my Aqua/Leon prediction for "most popular characters" is correct.

That hurts deep, man. Right in my kokoro.

Seriously though, the questions are rather tame, so unless Intelligent Systems comments on the results directly, the only real information we'll be able to get out will be the top three classes, skills, characters and the most common waifus spouses, I'd imagine.

I wonder if the anwser to these questions will affect the DLC content that's coming after the Invisible History DLC.

Possibly, but I doubt it, unless Nintendo secretly (or publicly) asked Famitsu.

I think if Nintendo themselves ran a poll, then it might (like their Awakening popularity poll).

You can always write directly to IS (see my sig) if you're inclined to. They're not going to answer you back, though. And there's no way to prove that they do actually read those, even though they say they do.

I ended up answering everything. Personally, I don't have much to criticize about the game since it did solve many of my previous gripes.

Possibly, but I doubt it, unless Nintendo secretly (or publicly) asked Famitsu.

I think if Nintendo themselves ran a poll, then it might (like their Awakening popularity poll).

True.

But thinking about it, I wonder if Nintendo will ever make a poll.

By the way, how many months after Awakening's release did Nintendo make the poll?

We could use that to predict if Nintendo will make a poll for fates.

Edited by Water Mage

True.

But thinking about it, I wonder if Nintendo will ever make a poll.

By the way, how many months after Awakening's release did Nintendo make the poll?

We could use that to predict if Nintendo will make a poll for fates.

Early enough to influence the DLC, right? I'm not sure this will be the kind of poll to affect something like that, unless they want six more old characters in Fire Emblem 15.

Speaking of which, I told them to cover up the female generals' butts next time around, so if they do that, you know who to thank.

Edit: This is the poll, right? http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/kakusei_bk/kekka/index.html- I can't find an exact date, but it doesn't seem to be older than three years, at least, so maybe this will affect DLC.

Edited by Thane

That hurts deep, man. Right in my kokoro.

Seriously though, the questions are rather tame, so unless Intelligent Systems comments on the results directly, the only real information we'll be able to get out will be the top three classes, skills, characters and the most common waifus spouses, I'd imagine.

Sorry for being blunt; that was just how I ended up feeling about it.

And hey, won't it at least be interesting to see the most popular classes?

Sorry for being blunt; that was just how I ended up feeling about it.

And hey, won't it at least be interesting to see the most popular classes?

Nah, it's alright, I've been very negative, and I should cool down. I was just so thoroughly disappointed by the story in a way I haven't been since Dual Destinies, and before that I can't really think of any game that just failed to deliver this spectacularly. Ah well, that's life.

Actually, I really don't care about the most popular classes, weapons, skills or whatever - I mean, if I were given the option of knowing or not, I'd prefer to know, but it's not that exciting. Favorite characters are more interesting, but I would have preferred finding out more what people over there think about the story and the way it was structured.

I'd also like people's opinion on the fan service, now that I think about it. It's not as controversial over there as it is here maybe, but surely some people will be raising their eyebrows at literal ass holes in armor.

Edited by Thane

Does the survey count if done in English? I know the page translations aren't 100% accurate but you can tell what it says by reading context. I don't care about the Gavas prize really. I just thought the survey was interesting and I wasn't sure how well the written responses would be translated from English to Japanese.

Does the survey count if done in English? I know the page translations aren't 100% accurate but you can tell what it says by reading context. I don't care about the Gavas prize really. I just thought the survey was interesting and I wasn't sure how well the written responses would be translated from English to Japanese.

this is why I went Japanese just in case.

This is interesting. There's a question about the marriage system with interesting options. In order, they are:

1. I like thinking of who to pair together

2. I like thinking about how skills and other things are inherited

3. Being able to fight with the children is fun

4. I prefer the second gen system from Genealogy

5. I like the support system but I'd be all right if children weren't involved

I'm definitely picking 1 and 5.

It depends on what translation engine you're using. Japanese/English translation is usually horrible in both directions (and especially English to Japanese).

They did say that if they can't read the response (like garbage response or ones that are messed up due to encoding issues), they'll disregard them. I'm not confident that they can read English...

Q19

and can be expected in the future of the "Fire Emblem" series, do you have a message to the development team.

More on what made "Fire Emblem" great and not what its become. Don't follow the money, follow the dream.

Edit: Unless your dream is to follow money, then sell this back to Kaga or let Square start making FE.

Edited by Great Geargia Gateway