A common misconception [FE5]

Jedi

About ch. 24x:

Losing units just because you don't have a rescue stave are losses I don't want to see in any FE games.Thankfully none of my units moved in one of these traps.

Also the design in chapter 24 is more than questionable, since your groups are in isolated areas. If you could choose the placement your units in the battle preparations, it'd be more helpful especially for Galzus' recruitment.

Another thing is that you can't beat the game, if you don't have lockpicks or door keys. I was so lucky that I had as many lockpicks left as doors were in the final chapter.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

I think a lot of the people who find FE5 hard and claim it's unfair (or whatever) are people who aren't really interested in tactics and just want their army to crush through the opposing forces with minimal thought required. Perhaps that sort of strategy doesn't work as well in FE5 than in other games. So maybe FE5 is difficult in the sense that it punishes the player for having no idea what they're doing. I'd say FE5 is difficult in the sense that the game requires more thought to figure out optimal tactics for each chapter than other FE games. Because of the wide variety of missions and numerous game mechanics in FE5, there's many options to cover. You might not restart at all in a blind FE5 playthrough and restart several times in (for example) a blind FE13 lunatic+ playthrough, but I don't FE13 lunatic+ to be very tactically challenging; optimal solutions are relatively simple to discern.

If you really want to have a conversation about FE5, you should probably not start by giving backhanded insults to anyone who doesn't agree that FE5 is the Greatest Fire Emblem Ever.

The biggest misconception about FE5 is the fact that people think, for some stupid fucking reason, that Leaf is a terrible Lord. Leaf is fucking broken when you already know what he can do

Edited by JSND

The biggest misconception about FE5 is the fact that people think, for some stupid fucking reason, that Leaf is a terrible Lord. Leaf is fucking broken when you already know what he can do

I'm guessing that a lot of people miss that you're supposed to give him the HP and SPD Rings so he can smash face in Manster chapters.

FE5 is extremely "fair" as it gives you the tools to achieve victory with extremely high reliability; many players may complain that they rely on variable RNG, but that is only because they neglect various gameplay mechanics.

Examples of FE5 not providing you with a reliable solution:

- Capturing the boss in Ch8. If you try to weaken him and you crit, he's dead. But you have to weaken him just enough so you can capture him, because capturing nerfs your damage output and hit rate to such a low amount that you're lucky to do anything to begin with.

- Beating the Ch8x boss. The only tool the game hands you for this is Asvel. Otherwise, he's insane.

- Staves can miss. In fact, everything can miss, but staves missing is more ridiculous than anything.

- Movement stars on certain enemies. If an enemy like Galzus or Reinhardt procs a move again at the wrong time, you are dead.

Examples of FE5 screwing you over if you don't look stuff up beforehand:

- Everyone splitting up after Ch3 without warning and Leaf/Lifis' inventory ending up in chests.

- Needing Door Keys/Lockpicks to advance beyond a certain point.

- Needing Warp for Ch12 and Ch12x to be non-luck based, potentially with a ton of treasure lost.

EDIT: im pretty sure you can kill them with GOD

The problem with chapter 5 IMO is the horde of enemies, but thats not something that Leaf couldn't do unless you are playing on super speed

Edited by JSND

If Leaf has uses of his light sword left - sure.

In my case it broke in 4x, because of the tons of 2 range weapons in chapter 4 behind the locked door.

The problem is that it lacks on 2 range weapons users in ch. 5.

Leaf is ok against the soldiers, but bad against the mages. Asvel is good against the mages, but bad against physical units.

Nanna is the only healer, but she could be used against all the enemies well, because she can absorb any damage with her earth sword. It only must hit.

No i mean

You mentioned how Ch 5 have berserker and SM

You CAN'T lose against them unless you pulled a super complicated shenanigans that involves making Eyvel not clean them up or something.

CH5 is pretty annoying, but the Berserker and SM is a non factor on that

Edited by JSND