FE11 H5 0% growths, with commentary (complete)

Hunters are basically the only class who have a realistic chance of success in the arena for high difficulty DSFE since they primarily fight against other low def ranged enemies, have a significant amount of str and get the first attack. You can usually 2HKO the enemy mage and he 2HKO's back, but since you always attack first you'll win as long as you don't miss.

Edited by Irysa

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV1eZi68ITQ

Chapter 8 is completed in 5 turns.

Chapter information

New characters
rZmgkac.pngejedAZc.pnggToQ0DK.png
Did you know? FE11 has a lot of bad characters. Even their weapons suck. Although looking at the bright side, at least they have weapons.

Forge name courtesy of themythicalcheese.
Edited by dondon151

By weapons, do you mean that Radd and Roger bring the same weapons generics do?

They at least had the decency to bring something in FE12 so they were worthy to recruit.

Edited by Nintales

It's got 13 uses left and it's pretty much being used once a map (due to the mentioned lack of armors). I went ahead and looked at the maps and there's only around 5 bosses left that are hit for effective damage from the Wing Spear, so the forge should last for most of the game.

So you didn't need the second Wing Spear? Will the first one be enough until chapter 16?

Prolly because Shiida's already starting to show her weaknesses.

Minerva's gonna come around soon, and she can either Hauteclair her way, or use Hammer/Ridersbane forges along with decent stats.

Shiida's stuck to 4 strength and 12 speed, with no promotion items for a while. She couldn't even ORKO this chapter's boss.

Edited by Nintales

Dondon, how do you see the run (difficulty, focus, your enjoyment) changing if you made recruitment optional or required yourself to visit all Gaiden maps?

optional recruitment would encourage lamer strategies. jeorge, minerva, and linde all end up being kind of important.

gaiden chapters would just siphon warp uses from non-gaiden chapters except for 6x which can't really be warpskipped. 17x arguably makes the game less interesting because it gives you an overkill warp staff.

Prolly because Shiida's already starting to show her weaknesses.

Minerva's gonna come around soon, and she can either Hauteclair her way, or use Hammer/Ridersbane forges along with decent stats.

Shiida's stuck to 4 strength and 12 speed, with no promotion items for a while. She couldn't even ORKO this chapter's boss.

nah caeda's promoted bases + seraph robe are basically the same as minerva's bases. minerva also can't use the ridersbane.

EDIT: got a question for gryz or someone else knowledgeable about game mechanics. can enemies take recoil from devil weapons in this game? i've never seen the pirate in chapter 9 recoil.

Edited by dondon151

Chapter 9 is completed in 4 turns.

Chapter information

New characters
UFEF8hY.png
Jeorge is canonically the best archer in all of Archanea (or was that in FE12?). His bow rank is very close to A, at which point he’ll be all ready to have a 17 MT bow all to himself. Jeorge’s stats look bad, but time after time we see units who prove that weapon rank is way more important.
Mechanics notes
Real manakete stats
There are many complaints to be levied against design choices in FE11, but perhaps the one that is unanimously agreed upon is the way that the game displays (or rather, doesn’t display) modified stats of manakete units. There are two ways in which the game isn’t transparent about manakete stats:
It doesn’t display the equipped dragonstone’s stat bonuses, and
It provides no information about a transformed manakete’s stat caps, which are different from an untransformed manakete’s stat caps.
As manaketes excel at pretty much all statistical categories with the exception of res, a player who isn’t aware of these problems can find himself in for a nasty surprise when dealing with them. When a player encounters an enemy manakete, here’s the best way to figure out its stats.
First, know the dragonstones and their respective stat bonuses:
fe11-firestone.png Firestone: +8 str, +4 skl, +4 spd, +9 def, +4 res
fe11-magestone.png Magestone: +7 mag, +1 skl, -1 spd, +11 def, +10 res; attacks res and negates magic
fe11-divinestone.png Divinestone: +10 str, +7 skl, +4 spd, +15 def, +11 res
Because enemies do not receive HM bonus level ups to def or res in FE11, enemy manaketes will never cap their defensive parameters, so calculating their final def and res stats is simple. Determining offensive parameters such as atk, hit, and AS is even simpler: look at the stats page.
lMCVqFN.png
A simple calculation: if a unit has 0 luk, then avo = AS.
Attempting to calculate offensive parameters using the dragonstone bonuses will lead to incorrect results and confusion. In the above screenshot, the enemy manakete looks like it should have 43 atk, 109 hit, and 24 AS (Firestone has 15 MT and 85 hit), but it really has more. This is because the game has hidden stat caps for transformed manaketes, and it uses those to calculate combat stats. Fire dragons can have up to 30 str, 30 skl, and 26 spd, which is exactly what this guy has. Dragonstone stat bonuses cannot break these hidden stat caps.
tl;dr version: for enemy manaketes, look at the stats page to determine offensive stats and reference dragonstone stat bonuses to calculate defensive stats.

Note that in SD you can simply determine enemy AS by looking at their avoid stat, since their avoid is always equal to their AS. So you can tell that Manakete has 26AS because he has 26 avoid.

yeah, i said that in the caption to the manakete stats picture.

Wow Jeorge doesn't come with the Parthia? I always thought he would... Am I mixing up two games together? Or is it in FE12 that he gets it when he joins you?

Anyway, I've been wondering for a while; Why do you un-equip weapons on your units? You don't want that extra bit of EXP? Or would their dodge be lower WITHOUT weapons? Still, you always seem to get hit, so its a bit weird to me. Can you explain please?

Also, I enjoy seeing how you can ALWAYS just, but just reach your target in order to recruit him, or kill your enemy, while it always looks like you would just not make it. Enjoying it loads thus far. Keep up the good work!

Edited by SSJDennis

Wow Jeorge doesn't come with the Parthia? I always thought he would... Am I mixing up two games together? Or is it in FE12 that he gets it when he joins you?

in FE12 jeorge has the parthia already because he was given it upon being named leader of archanea's archers. in FE11 he's just an ex-noble who escaped the clutches of death when archanea fell to dolhr. you don't get the parthia until after chapter 12.

he also doesn't have the weapon rank to use the parthia yet. he's pretty close though.

Anyway, I've been wondering for a while; Why do you un-equip weapons on your units? You don't want that extra bit of EXP? Or would their dodge be lower WITH weapons? Still, you always seem to get hit, so its a bit weird to me. Can you explain please?

it takes less time to unequip a weapon than it does to watch a unit counterattack and gain EXP. sometimes unequipping or equipping a weapon influences enemy AI (if the weapon is not weapon triangle neutral) and it might also affect the unit's AS (for example in chapter 1 where gordin unequipped the steel bow so he wouldn't get potentially ORKO'd by a pirate later in the chapter).

Also, I enjoy seeing how you can ALWAYS just, but just reach your target in order to recruit him, or kill your enemy, while it always looks like you would just not make it. Enjoying it loads thus far. Keep up the good work!

part of this is intentional because i play through a chapter many times and i know exactly where units need to be and what weapons they need to attack with to make a strategy work.

Edited by dondon151

Chapter 10 is completed in 7 turns.

Chapter information

New characters
JVuDABG.png
Maria’s base staff rank is a weird D +10. She’s 18 staff uses away from C rank staves, which is within reach, but we don’t need another Warp user. She is pretty interchangeable with Wrys past this point.
d4kab3k.png
The elder princess of Macedon is a unique unit because she’s the only dracoknight in the game that can hope to have any significant axe rank at all (everyone else is stuck at E rank axes). What’s more, she starts with both the highest possible axe rank and the A rank axe Hauteclere, which is effectively her personal weapon.
Minerva has high per-hit damage output and enough spd to obliterate slower, bulky enemies such as ballisticians. She can also smite knights with a Hammer. The tradeoff is that she doesn’t have the lance rank for Ridersbane, but she can use the (somewhat less useful) Poleax to compensate.

Edited by dondon151